Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Today I will be installing Google's reCAPTCHA across the site. If you encounter any problems, please let me know!

Fixed bugs:
- Runway voting not working when no CAPTCHA is displayed
- Aquarium booty grab CAPTCHA missing submit button
- Reporting post/thread page also updated
- Profile system commenting updated
- Forum quick-reply fixed
- Intermittent white screen when posting in Forums (when flood control is active)
- CAPTCHA frequency had been lowered to less than one a day for active Gaians
- Removed the picture matching CPATCHA mode

TODO:
- Guilds
- Arenas
- Login

Anxious Gaian

Thanks Lanzer.

Hopefully this will resolve the issues we had before.

Beginner Warrior

The captcha doesnt appear at all for me. Which cookies need to be enabled to let it come up?

O.G. Gaian

Trying to report a misplaced thread, but submitting just refreshes. Found another thread to try it with, same thing.

Cunning Lunatic

Voting in Runway isn't working, regardless of the amount of votes, it still says you have voted 0 times. Not sure if its related.

Edit: fixed

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
WHOOHOO!!!!! Thank so much for fixing that!!! I haven't experienced the new one yet but anything has to be better than the old one. Thank you so much for fixing it!!!!!!

Supreme Gaian

17,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cat Fancier 100
Voting isn't working crying

goldgate's Boss

Chatty Ace

doesn't show up, even with adblock disabled.

i'm gonna miss the funny quotes in solvemedia CAPTCHAs though T^T
domokun stargate

Star-Crossed Nebula

I think the new captcha system is causing a glitch in runway that is preventing us from voting entirely. I'm not even sure if votes are even going through

Loaded Strawberry

17,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Hero 100
YAYYYY this is going to make things so much better! Thank you for fixing it. The captcha issue was keeping me from participating in so many things. heart

Mewling Lop

sweatdrop
The captcha isn't showing up for the runway.
My votes aren't being counted, but I can't see the captcha when it says to enter it.
Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Today I will be installing Google's reCAPTCHA across the site. If you encounter any problems, please let me know!

Thanks for giving a fix a try! The solvemedia captcha stopped working for me entirely. I haven't run into the new captcha yet, so I can't speak to the glitches people are running into.

Is there any chance that you and the team are looking into using an internal captcha (like what's used in Lake Kindred) in the long-run? It works well and doesn't seem to run into many problems (correct me if I'm wrong here!). Personally, I'd take that over google any day! I know you needed an emergency fix now, so making something somewhat new wasn't really an option.

Loaded Strawberry

17,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Hero 100
bug friends
Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Thanks for giving a fix a try! The solvemedia captcha stopped working for me entirely. I haven't run into the new captcha yet, so I can't speak to the glitches people are running into.

Is there any chance that you and the team are looking into using an internal captcha (like what's used in Lake Kindred) in the long-run? It works well and doesn't seem to run into many problems (correct me if I'm wrong here!). Personally, I'd take that over google any day! I know you needed an emergency fix now, so making something somewhat new wasn't really an option.
I think getting away from anything google based would be a good idea. When I first started having trouble with the captchas I researched it and so many people have periodic problems with the google captchas regardless of where its being used. Its flawed with no apparent effort towards a future solution for those that can't use it sometimes.
pisces2012
I think getting away from anything google based would be a good idea. When I first started having trouble with the captchas I researched it and so many people have periodic problems with the google captchas regardless of where its being used. Its flawed with no apparent effort towards a future solution for those that can't use it sometimes.

I agree. As is likely clear, I don't have a lot of background in web development, but I'm personally not fond of google, despite the benefits its services have. I think (?) that google's captcha is a bit more stable and tried and true than solvemedia's, but producing something internally may improve functioning. I think we have a skilled bunch of developers here, and I think that anything they produce (specifically referring to any sort of custom-made captcha system) will likely serve the site quite well. I know that it'll take some time, and we that needed a quick fix in the interim, but I'd love to see an internal captcha implemented.

Loaded Strawberry

17,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Hero 100
bug friends
pisces2012

I agree. As is likely clear, I don't have a lot of background in web development, but I'm personally not fond of google, despite the benefits its services have. I think (?) that google's captcha is a bit more stable and tried and true than solvemedia's, but producing something internally may improve functioning. I think we have a skilled bunch of developers here, and I think that anything they produce will likely serve the site quite well. I know that it'll take some time, and we that needed a quick fix in the interim, but I'd love to see an internal captcha implemented.
Agreed. Whatever the solution, I have faith in the site developers that they are doing their best and will make the best choices for what the site needs to function properly. I can't even imagine what they must go through on a daily basis that we don't even see. What a difficult job it must be to keep everything running smoothly and keep everyone happy at the same time, lol. blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff