Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Kitten

Opera Phantomess
Frozen Mist
i like the update a lot but now a group of people went and bought all the recipes that arent in stores, and relisted them on mp for 7 million gold.

basically, theyre trying to manipulate rarity once again. so we will still get stuck with ridiculous prices, just on a different group of item recipes this time.

the problem is, and this wouldve helped reduce rarity of forumals before they were all added to shops - when a recipe fails, you have to rebuy the formula.

dont force us to buy multiple formulas just for 1 recipe success. change it like components- you keep formula until the item is crafted. cuz when you need 5 of a formula, and theres only 1 on mp, your screwed. and on top of that it gives the ppl who went and monopolized the formula even more leverage.

please stop the alchemy abuse!!

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

When a formula fails to craft, you just lose the gold and keep the formula and the components until you are able to succeed in said crafting.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
yea i just noticed when i was crafting caches. dis is embarassing, i was misinformed emo i dunno how people get away with charging so much then xp

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
14thTaichouGurenna
I feel like this update only HALF listened to us. Sure we need more formulas for stuff but I think the bigger issue was all the components required and how expensive they all are. I'm not saying to mass release them in a gold shop, but how about increasing their drop rates too? That way one component which you need 50 of, isn't going to wind up costing you 500k each

You have a very good point there. ALSO ... what about the components that are very expensive non-reproducable IE's and such?. Alot of those are becoming almost non-existent/rare/extinct. If that is the case, then change that component to something that is affordable. Having to MAKE some of those components/items is EXTREMELY difficult considering the cost, and not reasonable AT ALL. Other than that, discontinue the formula.

Playful Kitten

rainbowlady1
14thTaichouGurenna
I feel like this update only HALF listened to us. Sure we need more formulas for stuff but I think the bigger issue was all the components required and how expensive they all are. I'm not saying to mass release them in a gold shop, but how about increasing their drop rates too? That way one component which you need 50 of, isn't going to wind up costing you 500k each

You have a very good point there. ALSO ... what about the components that are very expensive non-reproducable IE's and such?. Alot of those are becoming almost non-existent/rare/extinct. If that is the case, then change that component to something that is affordable. Having to MAKE some of those components/items is EXTREMELY difficult considering the cost, and not reasonable AT ALL. Other than that, discontinue the formula.
yes.. i think this is important, especially with low level components. right now i am trying really hard to level my alchemy and i have noticed that all the items i look at to craft can sell for 50k, mostly just 20k though, but then always have at least 1 component that costs 100k+.

a lot of component prices doubled after the formula change too.. sugar crystals were 40k now people are selling for 150k

we really need something to kickstart the components into the system, cuz right now its too new and theres too few.. ppl are hoarding them, or using them faster than they can be made more (cache)

i personally think the cache recipe is way too big. if they cut the items needed in half that would get more components out. or instead of changing the # of items required, remove some of the items. if you look at the guide, they have the cache recipe divided into 3 parts - part 1, paper components, part 2 flower components, part 3 tickets + fish compenents (required for 1 and 2, no matter which you choose)

well basically, they need to remove part 3 from the recipe and make it a separate option for the recipe. cuz that was the worst part of the whole thing!! and its required no matter which path you choose, which is the reason those ingredients are so expensive.

to compensate for the change, just increase craft attempt cost - but at least that cost can be fixed cost, unlike wild inflation and lack of supply we are subjected to on vend..

think about it. components come from cache. cache crafting is the root of the problem! its really expensive to make 1, so the components stay expensive too

i am still sort of new to alchemy so please correct me if im wrong, but if they removed random component grants from daily chance/booty grab/dumpster dive/whatever random grant systems they had it in, they need to at least add lower level components back in & increase the drop rate because low level alchemy costs waaaaaaaaay more than it should

i also really dislike that i cant get experience from lvl 1 formulas.. yea it would take a lot to lvl but at least i could afford them

Playful Kitten

so i just had a random thought to add to my last post, sort of.

why not make components for sale with gc?? like $0.25 - $1 per thing.(cheaper for lower lvl components, more expensive for higher lvl)

still available the normal way ofc but.. if we could just buy them for gc that would help combat low supply, while still leaving ppl with a cash-less option (crafting the cache recipe)

at the very least, it would help reign in the pricing & supply issues..

Playful Kitten

hey. i have come to the conclusion that no matter what changes you guys make with the items, there will always been a tug and pull issue of ingredients supply.

you need to add 1 formula for every level of alchemy that requires ONLY gold-store-based components.

why?: most people pay whatever it takes for the fastest route to lvl 10. People will buy whatever they can when its available, leading to overpricing & complete lack of ingredients. Ingredients that used to cost 1g pre-alchemy, now cost 500g+. Which is huge, when a recipe requires 50 of them (50g vs 250k)!!! Adding FULLY GOLD SHOP recipes would remove the leveling traffic that is currently consuming all components, and give cache & rig ingredients room to stabalize. This way, people will only craft non-gold shop based recipes when they legitimately want the item, and will also remove the issue of people dumping crafted items underpriced (which they do when they are making 20+ of them for the sole purpose of levelling)

If you want to take it a step further, you could add a 2nd type of store-only recipes (which i think is an equally good idea): current-cash shop based recipes!! Recipes that ONLY use ingredients which are PERMANENTLY FOR SALE within cash shop.

summary of effects:
- make crafted items prices match cost to craft (instead of being underpriced due to mass-production for levelling)
- fix issue of extinct ingredients
- make leveling accessible to the general public.
- uber gold sink
- make cash profit for the site (for people who opt the cash based recipes instead, if you implement the 2nd option)

Suggested pricing: level # x 10k. Example, level 4 store recipe ingredients would cost a total of 40k (not including craft attempt fees, lets say 4k for that?).
level 10 store recipe ingredients would cost a total of 100k, & craft attempt fee = 10k.

you also need to seriously review currently existing formulas, and most of them should be halved. example, to make lady chimes you need 2x princess chimes + a bunch of other ingredients. Well princess chimes is always 3.5mil-4mil. Lady chimes is 4mil-5mil at any given time. So this recipe is absolutely senseless, and most of the rig item recipes are like that!

if you don't have time to go through them you should consider making a thread in the alchemy forum where members can report recipes issues like that.

and even tho it's been suggested a million times, you really need to find a way to recycle ingredients once they are used. Otherwise it just makes the recipe price balance worse and worse as the ingredients become rarer than the item you would craft.

Playful Kitten

So I've been waiting several weeks for the 1 item I crafted to sell.

I don't want it and I crafted it to level, thinking it was 1 recipe I could at least get my money back from, after spending a good hour comparing all the recipes & ingredients at my level.

But even listing it 40% lower than others (& average buy price), I could not get it to sell.

Conclusion: There needs to be a DECOMPOSE feature for alchemized items (which returns ingredients, excluding crafting fees).

Needless to say, it would have to have some sort of limitation to prevent people from just crafting the same ingredients over and over to level. (Which.. isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you know, that would make alchemy too easy/getting to level 10 insanely cheap, which I'm pretty sure undermines what you guys were going for, even if a lot of people would be happy with that XD).

I'll edit this post later if I can think of some possible limitation ideas.

I guess off the top of my head, the easiest 'limitation' would be to increase craft-attempt fees to compensate for the decrease in ingredient purchases.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff