Total Votes:[ 26019 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 3310 3311 3312 > >> >>> »|

Bump.

Still in the Lotto forum, I see. O-o;;
Shukuen
Still in the Lotto forum, I see. O-o;;

RainFox
Hello. 3nodding
I respect and completely understand your feelings on this matter. However, it's pretty straight forward that only threads who's main purpose is to sell Gaian items belong in the Main Exchange. This rule should not and cannot be bent for anyone. I myself was not sure where exactly a bank thread should belong, which is why I discussed it with at least 3 other mods. The main consensus was that the thread belongs in Money/Lotto games. The reasoning behind this was that although you may be credible (and no one is questioning this), you are asking users to allow you to "hold" their gold in good faith, to recieve interest. Investing/Loaning would be considered a money game.
If you would like to suggest a better forum in which the bank could dwell and would fit into the requirments of remaining in that forum, I will gladly move it for you.
The Gaian Commerce has crossed my mind, but I would like to hear the opinions of the dedicated moderators of that forum before I can make such a suggestion, as I am not all too familiar with that section.
Ah, that's really too bad. neutral
I'm off for the day, going to a friend's house. See you all! 3nodding
Goodbye then.
Kenido
RainFox
Hello. 3nodding
I respect and completely understand your feelings on this matter. However, it's pretty straight forward that only threads who's main purpose is to sell Gaian items belong in the Main Exchange. This rule should not and cannot be bent for anyone. I myself was not sure where exactly a bank thread should belong, which is why I discussed it with at least 3 other mods. The main consensus was that the thread belongs in Money/Lotto games. The reasoning behind this was that although you may be credible (and no one is questioning this), you are asking users to allow you to "hold" their gold in good faith, to recieve interest. Investing/Loaning would be considered a money game.
If you would like to suggest a better forum in which the bank could dwell and would fit into the requirments of remaining in that forum, I will gladly move it for you.
The Gaian Commerce has crossed my mind, but I would like to hear the opinions of the dedicated moderators of that forum before I can make such a suggestion, as I am not all too familiar with that section.
Hmmmm.... after reading that response, I can understand their logic. I just didn't like the idea that just because one person thought that it shouldn't be in the exchange, they just tossed it somewhere else with no explanation. From the response it's obvious that they thought about it and asked others for opinions.

Gaian Commerce is an interesting idea, and while I haven't spent too much there, it seems more roleplaying than actual business. Also the idea of the bank being OUTSIDE of the exchange just seems weird for me. Charity, or Money Games will work fine for me I guess.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Amber's bank wherever this ends up going just for the sake of fairness.
*Points to new sig*
Oooo! Look at me! I'm a walking banner now!

@Kit: I used the tiny URL since it wouldn't fit otherwise. Lemme know if you want to phrase the description in the link differently.
hmmm.... i need advice. i want a devil's tail (i know, i'm crazy) but should i take out my gold in the bank and buy a jan letter and then just save whatever's left over? i'm not very good at the figuring out what to do to raise gold like that part.....
Minathia
hmmm.... i need advice. i want a devil's tail (i know, i'm crazy) but should i take out my gold in the bank and buy a jan letter and then just save whatever's left over? i'm not very good at the figuring out what to do to raise gold like that part.....
Hmmmm.... I think it all depends on how fast you're trying to get it, how much effort you want to put into trying and getting the devil tail and what kind of offer you want to eventually have (all letter items? pure gold? mix?).

The fastest way that I've seen to raise gold is to have a really high turnover at items. Buy low, and immediately sell high. Rinse and repeat. As long as you're making a profit on each sale, you're fine. Of course this takes tons and tons of time, effort and research as well as a good deal of risk.

I'll leave it at that for now. Try and think about the questions I asked and post when you come to decisions. Of course I could be TOTALLY off on these things, since I've only been on Gaia for a month+, but that's what I've seen. I'm interested in seeing what the others have to say....
ShyRomance
Minathia
Hmmmm.... I think it all depends on how fast you're trying to get it, how much effort you want to put into trying and getting the devil tail and what kind of offer you want to eventually have (all letter items? pure gold? mix?).

The fastest way that I've seen to raise gold is to have a really high turnover at items. Buy low, and immediately sell high. Rinse and repeat. As long as you're making a profit on each sale, you're fine. Of course this takes tons and tons of time, effort and research as well as a good deal of risk.

I'll leave it at that for now. Try and think about the questions I asked and post when you come to decisions. Of course I could be TOTALLY off on these things, since I've only been on Gaia for a month+, but that's what I've seen. I'm interested in seeing what the others have to say....

hmm. I think for the moment i'm going to surf the marketplace looking for good deals on cheep items and then resell them. i don't really like to deal with the exchange anyway, and i've had alot of luck with the marketplace so far. i'm not going to withdrawl just yet! whee
Hello. ^_^ This is really cool. I'd like to deposit my money here, I'll send the trade. Thanks. smile
Yay!!! Anotehr deposit on my acct today!!!! Sending trade Kenido!!! and BTW: I like the new thread....(Booksmarks the new thread)!!!! heart
xd surfing the marketplace is really working for me!! i'n the past hour i've made almost 11k!! more than i have in the past week.... xp
Minathia
xd surfing the marketplace is really working for me!! i'n the past hour i've made almost 11k!! more than i have in the past week.... xp
11k in an hour? W-O-W! *Looks at Min's shop* It looks like you're over 11k. How much of that is profit as opposed to total sales?
i would like to deposit more gold! (this time, i mean it X_X)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff