Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Merchants of Blood

Unless you are AkumaTsuki or Vahni Blood the Scarwind please do not post!

Lurkers welcome
::Background Information::

●Story●

●Setting●

Year: 1045
    Time of Year: Early Fall
    Time of Day: Late Morning
    Weather Conditions: Clear and Sunny
    Temperature: XºC/XºF
    Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous

●Maps●
___The sun was no where near rising, still to early in the morning. Yet men were still at the harbor unloading ships and readying to ship off. A lone dark haired figure stood at the end of the third dock. Eyes closed and chest expanding as he inhaled the fresh crisp morning air the sea brought in. But even this moment of piece was not enough to settle a man's heart before the dark rage and chaos of battle. Battle did something to men and women, something far more evil than anything else. It killed the heart and corrupted the mind of most, but others... Others just grew cold to the world and block things out.
___The year was growing windy and slightly cooler. Fall was moving in and the leaves had just started to change, but the dark haired man and his squad would not be in the land of trees to see the change. Instead they would be sent over to fight the war that had been raging for over twenty years. The Isyanian Empire, a land that meant death. Nothing of peace existed from them. The man opened his eyes to reveal deep red iris' the color of blood, and deep black scleras like bottomless pits, but one thing was for sure they were cold with loves broken hands. He was not meant for the loving caress of love... His thoughts continued on as he stood shirtless watching the sun's light break over the horizon.

“Hey Vahni, come on now don't be getting all sentimental and nostalgic on me,” The voice broke thoughts away as a new figure walked down the dock past the laborers. The flame haired man started again,”What happened to meeting at the warehouses? Anaiko and Sol have been waiting for an hour.”
Vahni turned to look at the newcomer,”I am sorry Apoc, I did not mean to stray. Just thinking of the mission. Did you load the weapons and armor already?”
The man gave a chagrined smile,”Um, yeah I din't get to it Vah, I was busy looking for you.” Passing the blame Apoc turned on his bare heel and started to walk back down the docks waving for Vahni to fall in.
The young looking dark haired man could only smile at his old friend. After sixteen years of fighting next to each other the man just felt like another brother or another aspect of himself. Vahni stretched and then began walking after the Pheo Sokiv man wearing a broad smirk like usual.

Two bells later...

___The sun had began to creep up into the sky and the four man cell sat and waited in the b*****d Son Tavern drinking a round of Geru, a bitter black throat burning substance from the south. Apoc smiled and shouted,”Hear to this being the only good god forsaken thing from that desert waste land.”
___The four men yelled and held up their glasses.
“So Ra'los where do we go from here?” Sol near smiled, his black tribal tattoos under either eyes looking strange from the sudden facial change.

___Vahni turned a dark looked toward his half brother, but he couldn't hold it giving way to a smirk,”From what I hear we are on a new mission but we must wait for our Mehket brothers.” He downed his mug and slammed it on the table. Taking a look at all three men at the table he finally understood how many had died out of their original twenty manned squad. His eyes landed on the young street urchin Anaiko. He was the youngest at the table and probably the most willing to go to war.
___After a few moments he turned to Solnir, the only long range weapon user unless you included spear throwing and knife throwing into the category. The man was a dark apparition in battle, his pale skin streaked with dark rivers of blood. And not to mention his cold grey eyes which seemed of the lightest blue at time. His dark hair flowing down around his face past his jaw.
Finally he landed on Apoc... The loud mouth, drunk, and heavy arms man of the four man cell. He was no larger than Vahni but he was strong and wielded a huge broadsword with great skill living craters in his wake. And not to mention his strange hair and eyes, dark red hair that turned red as flames, eyes like emerald and sometimes like deep dark forests of green. And then the tribal tattoos that swirl above and below his left eye.
Shaking his head Vahni sat back and waited for the rest of the squad to show up. The others indulging themselves in drink and dreams of Jaoshai, the homeland.
“Hurry it up in there!”

“You dare speak to your commanding officer like that?”

“Commanding officer my foot! You’re half my age and height lass.” A deep rumbling laughter could be heard as a gloved hand poked out from behind the dressing curtain and flashed a lewd gesture at the man. “Are you ready for this? Sure our unit all knows you’re-“

“Say it and I’ll have to you shoveling horse s**t for the rest of the year in Kannon. I’ve been your commanding officer for over a year now, what I am or am not isn’t a concern now.”

Scoffing the older, gruff looking man turned and headed towards the door. “Ok, not our entire unit. Only Laith and I know, now that Telfair is gone.”

Throwing back the curtain a slim figure clad in light mail armor appeared. The gleaming metal shone among the white and royal blue uniform beneath and was complimented by the white cape fastened to it. “What do you mean Telfair is gone?”

“Fever. He took the bolt when we were on the coast and the wound wouldn’t heal right.”

“b*****d…said he was fine yesterday when he asked for leave...” The caped figured cocked a light colored eye brow at the man. “Are you sure he wasn’t just cut down for wenching again?” Blue eyes shone out on the face, the commander’s neat wheat colored hair cut short framing the face. For all appearances the commander looked like a very young man, not even in his twenties; something that came up in jibes almost constantly among the unit. Pushing past the older man, Luca walking down the hall cape blowing behind him, he doesn’t stop as until they hit the bottom of the stairs looking both ways for something. “Is everyone up and prepared and is the items I requested packed?”

Stopping just short of slamming into his commander, Ateiro chuckles, his large frame bouncing. “Yes we got your shaving kit all packed and ready for you.”

“Seriously, if you don’t quit I’m going to keep good on my threats.” Haughtily Luca strode out of inn’s doors heading towards the dock, cursing low under his breath. It didn’t matter that the young commander was beginning to seethe with anger at his subordinate’s overly jolly mood, one which he was furthering at Luca’s expense.

Ateiro ambled along behind Luca and his cape, whistling to himself. Their uniforms were new from the capital, and not only were they inappropriate for actual combat, but were too flashy for the company’s usual tastes. Since that had been a change of power, uniforms were always sure to follow of course these would not only give away their position, but would very quickly be red and brown stained from the mud and blood of battle. He was going to have to discuss this later with the commander, and have thm reoutfit with darker clothing once they hit the mainland.

Luca stopped short of the crates containing only two other people oone wearing a similar uniform to Ateiro and the other a large dark green hooded cloak. “Laith! Valdivia! What is the meaning of this? Where is the rest of our unit?”

The one called Laith peered out from beneath the hood of his cloak, shrugged and went back to leaning on his long bow watching for anyone that looked ever the slightest bit out of the ordinary. Valdivia, held his head in his hands moaning somewhat pitifully as the blond haired leader marched over to him as he perched atop a crate. “I’m not their bloody ******** babysitter and if you yell at me I’ll-“ He stops midsentence remembering just who he was speaking to at that point. “Sorry Captain. Telfair is dead, Grunis and Portchik are going to take the body back to the capital for his wife.” He holds his head in his hands, his tanned face having a slightly green tinge to it. “They didn’t ask, because well they didn’t. Cruz and Jumanes well they took off and I don’t think they’ll be back, frankly speaking. Something about you being a hard a**.” He hadn’t been expecting the attack, let alone lucid enough to dodge it as a gloved fist connected with his face and knocked him feet over head backwards of his perch.

He landed with a loud oof as Luca looked down from above. “Remember your place soldier.” While generally not abusive to his charges, the stress from joining up with the people for Jaoshai and heading back to the mainland was a distressing one. Huffing he reaches down and helps Valdivia to his feet. “Let’s move on then.”

He was distressed. How could they meet up with an enemy to go battle another with only four men? It was madness.
“Captain Karis, it is nice to finally meet you. If you would please follow me.” A tall white silver haired man appeared out of then air. Eyes milky white with black scleras. “I am the Master Sage Goi, you have no worries, but I am to give you your next mission,” Holding a hand to his chest he paused in a slight pain then continued,”But confidentiality is of the utmost importance.”
After a few bells Master Goi and Captain Karis in company arrived at a bleaker side of Soffiare. At the door of one of seven abandoned warehouses Master Goi gave a strange coded knock and then entered slowly. After everyone enter the door was shut and bolted and barred closed.
Master Goi moved to a round table with fifteen seats. Waving for everyone to take a place he did as well.

Vahni stepped from the shadows and bowed, keeping his eyes up to look at everyone,”It is a pleasure to see you with good health Master Goi,” Pausing and turning he looked to Captain Karis,”It is also a pleasure to meet you after so long, Captain Karis.”
Taking a seat Vahni looked to each person in Karis' unit. Sighing lightly and rubbing at his eyes from irritation.

Master Goi coughed breaking the silence,”Now then onto the briefing this mission is of the utmost importance. If we fail we will all be killed. If we reject we will be killed. Both Mehket and Jaoshai have agreed to make an effort toward this mission.” Waving to Vahni Master Goi took his seat.
Standing the ebon haired warrior looked somehow strange and tired,”The mission's objective involves us taking the port city of Inci Kamra, meaning the Pearl Moon. But hey I am not the naming committee.”
“Either way you must capture this point, with only twenty men. Then the next part of the mission starts,”Master Goi waved his hand as he spoke.
“Is everyone clear so far?” Vahni asked taking his seat once more.

((Crappy then my first by far lol.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces