Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Pumpkin

8,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It has been several hundred years since the disappearance of the biometals. Some believed that with their work finally finished, with the world finally moving towards a lasting peace, they were finally able to rest. Weapons of war were decommissioned, and the greatest minds of the era looked towards building towards the future. With the advent of cybernetic and biological implants, the lines between humans and reploids became blurred to the point of nearly being nonexistent. The world remained at peace, unchanging for hundreds of years. And then suddenly out of nowhere, things changed.

Tales from the past told of a virus that effected reploids, a maverick virus that almost lead to the destruction of the entire world. Modern reploids should have been immune to such a thing, but a new maverick virus was able to effect not only reploids, but also the cybernetic implants within humans. Anarchy reigned as major cities fell one by one as the virus continued to spread, and without the weapons to defend themselves the people were defenseless against these crazed attackers. Only Haven City was spared, and keeping the last safe haven protected was a daily struggle, one that the people were slowly losing.

It was then the Biometals made a return, and heroes appeared to wield them. With their biometals giving them resistance to the maverick virus, they were able to drive the mavericks back from Haven City. Then the heroes fought their way through the mavericks, searching for the source of the virus and a way to put a stop to it. It is unclear whether they succeeded or failed, but while the maverick virus did not disappear, the mavericks seemed to lose their single-minded focus on destroying Haven City. The city's defenses were now enough to keep the people safe, and its inhabitants once again had some semblance of peace. Those heroes that brought the peace, however, were never heard from again...

It has now been two decades since the hard-won peace came to Haven. While many would like to think that the worst was behind them, one man, Dr. Christian Aulder, believed that they were all still in danger. The maverick virus still existed, and mavericks still attacked, despite them having the ability to deal with these small-scale attacks. But what would happen if the mavericks attacked in force again? All of Haven City could be destroyed. He gathered together the greatest minds in the city to come up with a solution. It was then they discovered the reemergence of the biometals. Dr. Aulder believed it was of the utmost importance to find people who could wield the biometals and train them to defend the city, and maybe once and for all destroy the source of the maverick virus. It was then that the New Maverick Hunters organization was formed...

Shadowy Pumpkin

8,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Main Thread - Profile Thread - OOC Thread

Rules
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Make sure you read all the rules before you post a profile. I'm a lenient guy, but if its obvious that you haven't even read the rules don't expect your profile to get accepted.

-Of course, all rules in the Gaia ToS must be followed. Break those and you get yourself kicked and reported.

-Godmodding and Autohitting are not allowed. If you plan on making an attack hit someone else's character, get their okay first. Otherwise leave your attacks open ended, its the defender's choice to take a hit or not.

-Likewise, killing off people's characters without permission isn't allowed. I don't care what the situation is, unless they say so or I give permission, no killing off characters.

-Do not make untouchable/unbeatable NPCs! Even if they're supposed to be more powerful than the main characters, the point of enemy NPCs is to get beat by them. Likewise ally npcs shouldn't be coming in to win fights that the mains can't. Try to avoid NPC vs NPC fights

-This is a literate RP. Frequent one line/incomprehensible posts are not allowed! Everyone makes a mistake or gets writer’s block eventually, but don't make a habit of it. If you’re having problems posting, PM me for help or ask someone in the OOC thread for help.

-You are allowed up to 2 main characters. You can create NPC characters as part of a plotline, but you can't start using NPCs as main characters (focusing on them instead of the mains) If you start holding up story, your characters will be NPC'd in order to keep things moving, if its a frequent problem your character will be dropped.

-This is a sci-fi/fantasy RP so feel free to come up with your own fantastical items and events, just clear them with me first. These items can range anywhere from being a minor power up to changing the face of the entire story, so let your imagination flow! I love not having to make all the plot twists myself! If you want to, you can run your own story arc, so don't be shy about throwing out ideas.

-To join, you must post a profile for your character in the profile thread, and PM the bottom part of the profile skeleton to me, the PM titled with your character's name and Biometal. After posting your character, I will post in the OOC forum to tell you if you're accepted or not. If you post up a character and some of the other people there have some advice or criticisms, try to listen to it. I may have created this RP but it does not belong to only me. If nobody in the RP wants a character accepted the way its posted, don't expect me to accept it anyway. That said, I won't boot anyone unless they're being unreasonable. If a character is rejected, you are free to edit it or try creating a different one.

-OOC is not allowed in the Main or Profile thread. Please take it to the OOC thread.

-If you need to leave the thread for a while, please give me warning in the OOC thread. If you just drop off the face of the earth, expect your character to disappear as well in after 1-2 weeks.

-Romance is encouraged, but keep everything to a PG 13 level as per Gaia ToS. Violators reported!

-Do not PM me unless you really need to, I'd prefer any problems to be discussed in the OOC forum. If its something personal its fine, but for most things I will tell you to post it in the OOC thread anyway.

-I will try to be fair and considerate to everyone, but I am the master of the game and all must abide by my decisions!

Shadowy Pumpkin

8,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
ARROW Squad
(Assault, Recon, and Rescue Operation Warriors)
Arrow squad is the offensive arm of the New Maverick Hunters, tasked with going outside of Haven's boundaries in order to launch pre-emptive strikes against mavericks. It is their primary job to spot and deal with maverick threats before they can become powerful enough to threaten Haven. They also search for any people trapped outside of the city, bringing them back before they can become infected. The more dangerous squad to be in, its members fight in a variety of different areas and therefore must be able to adapt to any situation. They see the most combat and are at the most risk of death in the field, becoming too damaged to return to the city, or becoming infected by the maverick virus.

Squad Members:
Kara Zena - Model Z - Rank C
Moka Fontain - Model A - Rank C
Amber Daigun - Model X - Rank C
Inari Yukoto - Model Fl - Rank C
---(Open Slot)---
---(Open Slot)---

ARMOR Squad
(Armed Response, Monitoring, and Observation Regulators)
Armor squad is the defensive arm of the New Maverick Hunters, and Haven City's first and last defense against any invaders. They are tasked with guarding the area around the city, as well as vital resource areas. Members are typically assigned to an area that they have a natural advantage in to monitor and defend it from any attack. Members of Armor typically engage in combat less often than Arrow, but are still devastating opponents because of the mastery of their elements. In certain situations members of Armor back up members of Arrow, or even rescue members of Arrow unable to return to Haven.

Squad Members:
Karin Adalina - Model L - Rank C
Rhia Silvas - Model F - Rank C
Mika Farron - Model I - Rank A
Aygo Takoma - Model SE - Rank B
-->[Reserved]<--
---(Open Slot)---
---(Open Slot)---
---(Open Slot)---

Shadowy Pumpkin

8,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════~~~~~
Vault
~~~~~══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Model Sm - SS Rank Hunter - New Maverick Hunters Captain

As Vault took a step out of the New Maverick Hunters facility onto their training range, he couldn't help but think about the young hunters that he had trained before. He remembered how hard all of them had pushed themselves, how they had forged themselves into warriors to protect Haven City. And in an instant, they were all gone. They had trained to defeat any enemy only to be brought down by a traitorous ally. All of ARROW Squad was wiped out, and afterwards all of ARMOR fell apart, its members unable to trust eachother after the betrayal. A few of its members stayed on board, however both squads needed to be completely rebuilt.

And now a new group of hunters needed to be put through the fire. Vault felt guilty, putting this group in danger just like the last. He couldn't even tell them what had happened to the previous group, Dr. Aulder had forbidden it, and for good reason. Haven City needed its defenders, and they couldn't go scaring volunteers away with tales of members turning on one another. The prospective hunters just seemed to keep getting younger too. It was a shame that Haven needed children defending it, but there was no other choice. He would just have to train them well, so they could survive anything. Vault looked to the new hunters that were gathered here, they were few in number, but their biometals gave them immense power.

"Welcome, new hunters. You've probably figured it out already, but I'm your captain, you can call me Vault. I'm going to be teaching you lot about the fundamentals of combat. We don't have much time, every second you're unprepared is a second that Haven is in grave danger. So, are you all prepared?"
-[Moka Fontain]-

Who I'm with: The tranees and Vault
User Image
Moka stretched a bit as she looked around at the other trainees, they seemed like over all a good group, with a few her age and some older at least they didn't have someone twice theyr'e age with them 'admittedly with this group a littttllleeee bit of experience wouldn't go amiss... but oh well we'll make do!' she thought to herself. Cheerfully smiling as usual as she fiddled around with her biometal, Model A it was called, in her hand before holding it up, looking it over in her hand 'and this is what brought us all here, these things, biometal...whatchamawhoosits...who cares they're cool and gives us abilities that let us help people!!' she thought with a smile before looking back at everyone else. She knew what her own form looked like but she was curios about the others.

However her own thought line was interrupted when someone came out of the building, someone who looked very, very combat experienced from the looks of it 'and this would be the trainer guy from the looks of it. he looks strong.' she thought to herself as he started speaking. "nice to meetcha vault! names moka" she said, being polite and introducing herself to the captain and nodded when she heard him, lacing her fingers behind her head and leaning back a little where she was standing, causing her long pigtails to sway a bit in the breeze "roger ready willing and waiting to go practice... Model A is all ready as well!" she said, looking rather laid back despite the training that was about to happen.

Theme:departure
User Image
Kara Zena
Model Z - C Rank Hunter

Kara was relatively quiet as she stood out in the training range, tapping one white shoe foot down on the ground as she waited. She knew that she and the other new recruits were supposed to meet with the captain here, though whether it was for drills or an actual mission was not made clear to her. She sighs lightly and ruffled the back of her blue hair, tilting her head to one side. "This is taking a while," she mused lightly, to which the bio-metal beside her spoke up to her.

"He has a lot of rookies to wait on I would think," the metal known as Zero spoke to her. She preferred to call him Z, a little faster to say in her opinion; and very rarely was he in the wrong. From what she understood, this bio-metal was supposedly based on one of the more heroic reploids to ever live, so he truly deserved a little more respect than her nickname for it... something she would do when they weren't on the clock.

"...I know, but still..." she mused back to him with another frustrated sigh, glancing at the other recruits that had gathered so far. A few she might recall from basic training, and some small part of her told her that she was better than most of them; a part she had to quash pretty quickly. She was not sure when, but soon she was sure she would end up being partnered by a few of the recruits; especially once they are actually sent out on missions. Till then, she had to hang in there and keep a clear head. It was about this time that a scarred man entered the training grounds and introduced himself as their captain. She gave a light nod towards the man shortly after a girl spoke up named Moka. At least someone was peppy. "As prepared as I'll ever be," Kara replies.

Who I'm With: Trainees and Vault
My Thoughts: Hope this starts soon. I'm ready to show what I can do.

Desirable Gekko

6,275 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mika Farron

ARMOR squad Rank A - Biometal Model I

Mika let out a sigh as she made her way to the training field to see the new recruits. One of the only remaining members of ARMOR squad she was a bit reluctant to take on new members, especially a bunch of of young children with little to no combat experience. But she couldn't deny that they needed the members, and even without combat experience their biometals made them quite formidable in combat regardless.

Entering the training field she saw that Vault had already entered the room and addressed the rookies. "Hello Captain." She said to Vault, walking up to him. She took a moment to look over the new recruits. They were certainly young, most of them looking like they were still in their teens. At least they looked lively at any rate.

"I thought that perhaps I could help out with training the new recruits, time being of the essence and all."

Shadowy Pumpkin

8,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Amber Daigun
Model X - C Rank Hunter - Hunter Trainee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Pfft, training"

Amber already didn't like where this was going, some old guy thought that he needed to teach her how to fight. She hadn't come begging to join this group, Dr. Aulder himself had come to her to beg her to join. He recognized her skills, and the power that Model X gave her. If there was one thing she didn't need, it was someone trying to tell her how she should be fighting. Dr. Aulder had told her she was there to fight mavericks, not to train.

"Hey Old Dude! I know its nice that you're captain and all, but I didn't come here for a training session! Dr. Aulder himself asked me to come here, so he already knows how much skill I've got and how much power Model X gives me. He's like, the boss around here, so I'm pretty sure his opinion is much more important than yours. Maybe these other guys need some of your training, but I'm ready to go already, so you can just point me to the real enemies...

Amber had her hands on her hips as she looked defiantly at Vault, seemingly unimpressed with him or his title. To her she was already the best person out here. Sure she didn't have combat experience yet, but she had already learned how to megamerge and use Model X's weapons, what more did she need to learn? As she waited, eyes demanding a response, a blue and white biometal floated up from her pocket.

"A-Amber, you shouldn't be so disrespectful... Besides, you haven't even been in a real battle yet, I think some training would do some good...."

"I told you already, Model X, Stop being so negative all the time! I'm gonna be fine, all we gotta do is get out there and kick some Maverick a**! I mean, once Old Dude here decides to stop wasting our time..."
User Image
"Fire is passion."
Fire is rage!

A young man leaned lazily back against the wall his left hand gripping an old rusted Guan Dao. As Vault spoke introducing himself a loud yawn escaped him forcing him to cover his mouth. "Hiho captain." he said with a quick wave of his hand in greeting. It was then one of the others spoke out, a red haired girl. Seemed she was the opposite of him. "I dont mind a few pointers personally, i've fought these mavericks and seen what they can do." he said scratching his headn in thought.

A small Red and white biometal floated beside him. "If it will make me stronger then lets hurry." the biometal growled over his shoulder. The boy stood up letting his guan Dao fall against the wall and reached up pulling his headband tight. "Thats the Spirit Leo! Inari Yukoto at your service!" he said with a big grin.

"A light to guide."
"A power to destroy!"
-[Karin Adalina]-

User Image
While everyone else seemed eager and willing to go, so a rather arrogant degree in one case. One person there clearly wasn't so sure. Standing a little off to the side of everyone else Karin kept fidgeting and glancing around nervously 'w-why am I h-here a-again?... I d-dont w-want to fight...' she thought to herself. Getting more nervous for a moment a vault spoke up and other people started replying she started shaking until her biometal, a blue and white one with some yellow accents, floated out of her pocket and in front of her face "if you don't reply they're not going to think your ready. you can't just stand there all day youknow" Model L said to Karin.

Nodding a bit Karin took a tiny step forward, trying to get herself to stop shaking for at least a moment "I'm r-ready...." she said nervously. Fidgeting again as the red-head spoke up and seemed...quite sure of herself to say the least. "well someone's a bit on the cocky side..." Model L said to Karin. Who only nodded in agreement, she didn't want anyone else to hear what she said least she risk making someone mad at her already.. when someoen else showed up and talked to vault she moved back a little, guessing she was another group leader, or at least more highly ranked then the rookies.

Theme: Dear You

Fanatical Lunatic

Rhia Silvas
Model F - C rank
User Image
A girl with revealing attire yawned as they all just stood there." This is so boring" When the man came out and spoke she just stood there and inspected her nails up and down. When he stopped she turn her gaze around and watch the other people respond." Not to suprsing that I'm the one with the most expensive clothes... What am I even doing here." She turn to her biometal that stared at her. It seemed frustrated to her. After the laud girl had spoken, and laud boy that she swear she had seen somewhere before had done so she rose up her arm in the air." Vault, sir... I'm not prepared. I just saw that my nails needs some care. Would take about ten minutes, also I know that not everybody here is a busy person but I got a show tonight so... Can we get over with this fast if possible?" She had barley finished when her biometal parten spoke up." Rhia! Why did you not pick the ARROW squad! You picked ARMOR just so you could get back to your job faster diden't you!?" The girl's smile turned upside down at her partner's remark." Hey F! I only did this becuase you told me to, you said nothing about that I have to choose ARROW, geee!" She diden't want to talk to him so she turned to the oppiste direction looking at a timid girl in what she would call second hand store clothes. She smirked." What you looking at? At least it seems like you are as intrest in this as I am, am I right or what?" She almost seem to demand Karin's agreement with the way she paraphrased it.

My memory will burn so bright! That I will be remembered forever!

Hilarious Lunatic

3,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
◄[Serene Altima]►

As the sand and dust swirled within the empty wasteland, there was a single dark figure walking among the dunes. The red-haired girl seemed to be searching for something, though what one could be searching for in a desolate wasteland was anyone's guess. As she came to the spot she needed to be, she started to dig through the sand until her hand hit into something hard. Clearing away the sand, she revealed what seemed to be some sort of door, the entrance to a deserted lab. As she went to open the door, suddenly a sigh escaped from the girl. She sat down in the sand, a look of defeat and depression around her.

"What's the mater, Serene?" A voice called out to her. It came from her biometal, Model P, the only companion she's had for the time she had been out here. "Shouldn't you be exited? This ruined lab could hold what we're looking for, the proof you need..." Serene's bright red eyes turned towards the entrance, but her mood didn't seem to improve at all. "...We've been out here for more than a year... We've found plenty of these labs and don't have anything to show for it. We don't even know what we're searching for exists... The more they failed to find this, the more hope Serene left. A version of the Maverick Virus that could effect biometals...with that she could prove herself, prove that she had been no traitor. But...she even doubted that...if she found this virus, if it actually existed, how would she show it to anyone? How would she stop it from turning her into a maverick... "...The longer we're out here, the more I feel like we're never going to be able to go back..." Serene sat, hugging her knees as she tried to gain the will to keep going on. It was so hard to find hope to latch on to, but she was a survivor so she couldn't just give up either.
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Condition: Perfect Health
Following: No One
Thoughts: *Is utterly depressed*
Active Abilities: None
Theme:

Gizone Tamashii

The forgotten Dragon

As the dust in the wasteland quicked about in this quiet land, a man in a hooded cloak seemed to weave walk thru the area. The cloak was closed making the only thing visible inside where some brown boots at the bottom. This was do to the fact the bottom of the cloak was torn up on all sides. However it ended up that way was anyone's guess as the cloak itself seemed very well kept despite all the dust on it now. There was even a small bulge on the back of the cloak resting just where the neck should be, even still you wouldn't notice such a thing unless you were looking for it. As this person seemed to aimlessly walk thru the area, a voice seemed to come from him as if he were talking to himself. "Come on, we've been walking for hours. Can't we find something to heat things up?" Said the voice in the hood. A sound of annoyance came from under the hood as well only the tone was less robotic sounding and more human. "Stop..." Was all the voice said as the other one just seemed to continue. "What? I'm not doing anything. I think your getting burned up for no reason again" The more robotic voice said obviously holding back its enjoyment. "I hate you...." The human voice said obviously belonging to Gizone now. "Uh oh sounds like someone needs to cool off" The voice, belonging to his pun loving Biometal model ID, said with a bit of a snicker. Model ID was inside Gizone's hood, trying to keep out of the dust storm that seemed to be going on around them.

With that last pun from Model ID, Gizone's eye seemed to twitch with frustration. He was resisting the urge to find something to chuck Model idea against. Not being able to find anything only seemed to make Model Id's horrible pun's more and more frequent. As they walked Gizone's footsteps got quieter while still walking the same pace. This was because he saw a figure in the distance. Not being able to make out what it was, Gizone got Model ID to finally shut up as they walked closer. He could only tell whatever was out here was small. Also Gizone figured it could probably just be some more broken rubble from whatever used to be built out here. However as they got closer the figure began to take the shape of a silhouette rather than broken rubble. For a moment Gizone thought his mind was playing tricks on him again, not exactly expecting to see other wanderers out here besides himself. Once he could confirm it was an actual person, Gizone stopped about 20 feet away. They seemed to be curled up for some reason, while completely missing the door in the ground near by. After all his attention was focused on the girl in armor. "Excuse me. Might I ask what your doing out here?" He called out to her. Oblivious to the shear danger of talking to some random person out in the wasteland.

Mood: Calm
Thoughts: I hate his pun's give me some ******** duct tape.....or at least a mute button on him....something.....anything.....who's that?
Inner music he faintly hear's: Dragon Age

Fanatical Lunatic

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █Althea=??? █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
Status report> Online 100%User Image
Model> AN
Rank> B
Company>Gizone & Serene

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Down in the ruined lab the dead reploids where moving around restless. Have awoken from their lifeless state by a person just sitting in the darkness with just the red light from her armour illuminating the darkness." It seem like he is not here either. Should we look for another place, or do we think he is in Haven?" Said the woman out laud as if she spoke to herself Then another voice responded." That is right. He is not here. WE need to look for him elsewhere. Though we doubt he is in Haven, he usally would be the first one to appear... Felt that?" She nodded." We felt it, someone is moving the sand up their. Someone is there. Would they be of danger to us Anubis?" A third voice spoke up." Hah, this is the desert this is where we regin supreme. Sand is our element, there is no biometal that can beat us here. Let's see who they are." She rose up and then her body start to sink into the ground. Traveling as the swarm of nanobots she was made up of she moved closer to the surface and into the sand dune. She could see two strangers." What might they be looking for amongst the dead. We shall see, we don't think they can detect us." Or so she thought.
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Shadowy Pumpkin

8,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Vault
Model Sm - SS Rank Hunter - New Maverick Hunters Captain

A smile crossed Vault's face as Mika addressed him. It was good to have her here, she was one of his most experienced hunters after all. Mika would be able to help the others see more of what actual combat was like.

"Mika, yes your help would be appreciated. Everyone this is Mika Farron, one of the members of ARMOR and a highly skilled fighter. When ARMOR is out in the field, she'll be the one who..."

Vault was cut off as two of the trainees spoke up, the first the brash red-haired girl who wanted to skip training and head right out after enemies, and the second the dancer girl, who didn't seem to be taking the training, or her duty as a defender of Haven, seriously. One thought that Vault would be angry at the both of them, but he only seemed to chuckle to himself. His biometal on the other hand had plenty to say to them.

"Hey, who do you two think you are, huh? We're training you so YOU don't get yourselves killed, you could at least take it seriously!"

"Now now, Mandirll, don't get yourself worked up. If these ladies don't like having their time wasted, then lets not waste their time... Mika, start the training of the others for me, if you would. Have them do whatever you believe is best, just try not to be too hard on them. As for you two... Amber, I'm not in the habit of letting unproven rookies go out and get themselves killed. And Rhia...sorry to inform you, but you won't be making it to your show, as we will be training all night. If either of you have a problem with that, then I have a test you can take. Pass it, and I'll consider you skilled enough that you don't need training. So, what will it be?"

Vault crossed his arms in front of his chest. It was clear that he wasn't going to budge, if either Amber or Rhia wanted to leave this training ground any time soon, they were going to need to take this test, whatever it was.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff