Welcome to Gaia! ::

Canny Trickster

an hour's time passed, and in that, his eyes opened. John looked around the white gas filled chamber. Taking his new breath, he walked out of the pod as it opened. looking around, everyone seemed slow for just a moment. then is also seemed normal. The instructors came at him, grabbed him, and brought him over to a machine with arms. putting him into a mesh suit. the machine attaching armor segments to him. connecting everything with a solid attachment grasp. electronic's beeping within his hud as his helmet was fitted onto him. a coolness filled his head as an A.I. tube was injected through his helmet into his neaural interface. So much new to take in. a female voice came to his head.

"Hello, My name is Dona, your permanent smart A.I." the emale voice spoke.

"Roger. I need a weapon." the deep voiced spartan spoke in his sage mjolnir mk VII armor. The instrutor nodded, handing him a MA5C assaultrifle, and a BR55HB SR Battle Rifle. putting battlerifle on his back, he started for the door.
Tyler sat and waited. He looked Sam. " Let's head back to the base. Before more come." He turned and began to ran. He didn't want to waste any time. They needed their augmentations. And he hoped that Parker and John were already getting their's. He held both plasma pistols that he had. The one he stole from the grunt and the one Sam gave him. He ran as fast as his legs could go. But he was afraid that that wasn't fast enough. He had to get there. All of the spartans needed the augmentations soon. He new what could happen to them. But it was a chance that everyone had to take. Covenant were here. And they weren't friendly.

Canny Trickster

These new senses were incredible. sounds were sharper, eyesight greater, more accute. He could feel as he sped to tyler and the others how fast he was now. He made little time in running. The rifle in his hands felt extremely light. His hud now activated, lights coming on his visor alligned with initials. the others vital signs from their neaural interfaces. they were alive. His motion sensor blinking red and green dots. Slowing down, he came to a stop and ected his way forward, until he saaw tyler. and covenant not too much farther away.Throwing a frag grenade and immediately taking up the rifle, he zoned in with his scope, firing off a 3 round burst At the main elite, taking him out with the combo of munitions.

"Go, I'll hold them off."
Samuel
Red Team

Sam followed after Tyler quickly, and was almost blown out of his mind when just ahead he saw something, or someone, he could only describe as a giant. It took him a second to realize this was John, because of the armor, but then he heard the voice. "Got it." Was all Sam could do then, he heard the explosive and saw the rifle fire. He knew this was going to be better, as soon as they were done with their augmentations.
Parker

Red Team

Parker was taking a while, he had entered at the same time John did, however they hadn't let him go yet. The gas was already gone and he was out of the chamber, but something was wrong. They had him run about a dozen tests, very quickly, before they had deduced that he was fine. Parker wondered why, but he knew why. So far it seemed that he had no defects, the augments had greatly helped him, even got rid of his color blind in his right eye. HE was physically up-to-date, as in he could now run just as fast as everyone else, even faster though. However, when the others get their augments, he'd be just as fast as them then.

Then he was, like John had been earlier, put into a mesh suit and had his armor attached to him. He would have no AI, but be linked to the one Tyler would have. Tyler, as captain, would have the AI directly in his system.

As the hud came up, it shocked him a bit how clearly he could see, he had perfect vision now, and every sense was just all around sharper. He tensed his hand, clenching them, and could feel every segment of armor just slide as he moved his arm.

"Ya-ha!" He shouted, as he walked carefully over to the weapon's cache. They had brought out a small selection of firearms, yet he would be fine, even at home as he took one of the Sniper Rifles, he hadn't checked the model number nor asked for it, and also took one of the Battle Rifles, known as a BR55HB SR model.

He noticed the radar, the sensors, the vitals, everything just popped out and came alive. He made his way back, hearing some gun fire and explosives.
Tyler ran past John and into the augmentation room. He waited as they got him ready for it. He looked around and saw the spartans that stayed at the facility being put into the chambers. He was put into a chamber and after a bit everything was done. He felt weird. Everything felt different. He watched as the men standing around him put his armor on. He closed his eyes as the helmet slid on. He could already see all of his team mates on the HUD. He felt something cold rush into him. He soon heard a voice.

" Hello. My name is Leyna. I am your team's personal AI." The smooth voice said into his head.

Tyler walked off of the platform and looked around and saw someone run up to him. Giving him frag grenades and a battle rifle and assault rifle. He put the assault rifle on his back and held the battle rifle as he began to run back outside. He was just afraid that something had happened to Parker and to John.

O.G. Elder

{{OoC: Sorry for my long and sever absence. My computer is finally back up and running, I will read all the posts and start become active again, hopefully by tomorrow afternoon but as a warning I do have to work so i may not be 100% active.}]

Canny Trickster

Dona's motion sensor picked up tyler coming up behind him. a small smile came to him. looking forward still, he saw a small barage of grunts fire charged plasma fire come at them,along with plasma grenaades. back up to a steady position with parker, and tyler, he threw a shield grenade done, so they were caught in the shield as well. bring up the assault rifle, priming a frag grenade. the hits got the shield, but once it was down, he threw the grenade, aimed, and shot the grenade as it was overtop the covenant. their shielding protected against direct ballistic fire, indirect shrapnel was another story. hot metal covered them as he switched to the battle rifle and made suppressive fire.
Tyler ran up and got behind the shield he waited as it went away he threw a frag gernade and then jumped behind the tree and shot two three burst shots into a nearby elite that was stunned by the grenade. It dropped to the ground he shoved the butt of his battle rifle into a grunts face killing it. He reloaded and waited. Everything was different now. He was faster, stronger. And everything moved with ease.

Leyna spoke into his head. " We might have a problem. They seem to be dropping more and more troops.... And... Theres something you might want to know..." She trailed off.

He listened and waited. " Wait." He opened the COM to everyone so that John could also hear.

She continued. " They have a whole fleet above us. If we don't think of something soon. They are going to glass the planet. And there is nothing that we can do about it. Unless we find a way off of here." She spoke. Still in her smooth voice.

He looked at John. " We need to spare the other spartans time so their augmentations can finish. We can leave til they are all done...." He looked back at the covenant and threw another grenade. " Leyna. Give me a count on how many spartans out of all of them we have left to wait to get done." He shot a whole round of battle rifle ammo into multiple grunts jackels and elites. And then grabbed a plasma grenade that had fallen from an elite and threw it onto an elite that he had shot and he blew up. Killing the grunts and what not around him.

She put a count of the spartans left in John's and Tyler's HUD. " There you go." She still spoke in a smooth and calm voice. Talking like there was nothing bad going on.

Tyler looked at it. They still had 57 to go. They had to buy them time. Somehow.... Or they would have to give up on the spartans. And that wasn't an option. Everything seemed to calm as he watched as John finished off the last few grunts. Now. They had to think. he looked up at John. " Got any ideas on how to buy them time? There were at least 40 chambers. And it takes a bit to do it all. And then the others have to go." He looked at the count. It had moved down one to 56. " Leyna. Give me a countdown on how long we have til that last ship drops its men. " He said as he looked to the sky that was filled with Covenant ships.

" I'm on it. " She said as she put the countdown in his HUD.

He glanced at it. They had about 2 hours before the last one could drop them all. That might be enough time for the spartans to get done. But getting out of here would be the problem. " John. Was there any ships left back at the base to get us out of here?" He asked as he looked to him and then back to the ships.

(( Yeah. It's a lot. I just felt like typing a bit. Hehehe. ))

Canny Trickster

"Dona, I want overlay maps over weapons caches, bunkers known around the facility. distance to the hanger. if there is an available ship we can use. and any and al forms of high explosives we can use in this situation." John order, as he shot his battle rifle in continuous supressing fire. depleting the shields of several elites. his eyes kept trained on the counts of spartans and the dropship time.

"There is one bunker do south of the base. it's the closest one. there are currently 2 ships in the hangar bay. one space worthy drop ship, and a transport ship. The facility has one, nuclear tactical warhead meant for destroying the facility before covenant remnants could find the base and use whats left over." Thinking for a moment he smiled.

"I want mapping of current covenant ships. show me the most critical point where a nuke could go off and detroy the entire ship and objects around it." he switched to assault rifle, firing at a tree branch. the branch fell on top of a elite hiding behind a small boulder, causing him to roll out to the sidejohn took the shot and fire at the elite, taking him out.

"there is a spot where between their charging coils for their plasma cannons and their reactors that would cause them to self detruct in a chain reaction together as one explosive." she said with the same calmness of leyna.

"Thats our plan then. you all get all that?" john requested, as he kept fire.
Tyler looked at him and nodded. " I have an idea...." He marked the location of the bunker and he ran toward the NAV marker. He opened a COM channel with John. " I am going to rig the transport ship to ram straight into one of the Covenant ships. That should give us some time to get the nuke ready. But don't you think that we need to find out which is the main ship. Instead of just hitting one that doesn't really matter?" He said as he reached the bunker. He ran into it and jumped into the transport ship and began to work. " Leyna... Take care of the transport ship." He said as he unloaded all of the useful items from the ship and saw some remote control mines on the floor. He smirked and added them onto the ship. " Also, rig these so that when I say go you can detonate them." He walked to the space worthy ship.

Leyna worked at a fast pace. " Alright. I have them rigged so that when you want me to I will detonate them. And I have the ship remote controlled to fly where ever you want me to put it." She continued to work.

" Alright.." He looked at the ship. " Hey. John. Does this thing have a slipspace drive or no?" He asked on the private COM.
Samuel
and
Parker

Red Team

Sam took a bit longer then Tyler did, but was just as soon out of the chamber, in his armor, and equiped with a battle rifle and a shotgun, along with two fragmentation grenades. As soon as possible his HUD had put up several markers for his current team, that being John, Tyler, and his brother. Sam found his way back in time to see Tyler leaving just as fast. He was amazed as suddenly what he thought was shown, he was entering the Red Team com link, and a smile was on his face.

"Hey bro, miss me?"

"Ha-ha. Get down."

"Captain. Suited up and ready to go, what's the situation right now."

Parker, whose sniper was put to quite a bit of use and abuse, was listening intently to what was going on. He steadied his Sniper Rifle on the head of a commanding Elite, you could tell by the difference in armor, and shot it in the head. You could hear it ring out, a different tone from the other gun shots. There was something about a sniper rifle that Parker liked, it waas probably that sound.

The elite fell over, and the grunts around him began to scatter, then gather together, and once again. Sam lobbed a grenade into the mix and the shrapnel dug into their tanks, letting out the methane. He then threw the other grenade and set them aflame.

Canny Trickster

"were ******** if we don't stop the covenant ships from glassing the planet." John spoke to them. "Currently, tyler is rigging a transport ship with mines to detonate by remote after he sends it into the covent." he said after opening his com.
"Good Idea tyler. yes I believe that ship has a slipspace drive. retrive the nuke and set it in the ship. same spot as a covent ship. theres one point of that ship that will make a chain reation between it's reactors and all weaponry including it's small delta class MAC gun. Dona, use the base's optical sattelite to locate the fleet ship. then send that to tyler and his AI."

"Roger." them female ai spoke. she sound still calm. to be an AI. "Tyler, this is Dona, John's personal A.I. Leyna, here is the information. I've also calculated a route, and slipspace drive coordinates since you asked. what are you planning?" the A.I. spoke.
Tyler got onto the slipspace able ship and sat in the cockpit looking at the controls and what not. " Well... we need it for the nuke. But check to see if there are any more ships that we can use for the nuke. Because I was thinking of keeping this one. Just incase we needed to leave and get to someplace more safe than here. Maybe if we had to. We could blow the nuke up and while it is blowing up. Make a silent escape." He looked at all the controls once more before looking at the rest of the ship as he waited for an answer from Dona or John.

Leyna continued to work in silence. She worked with both fo Tyler's plans. Using the slipspace ship for either using the nuke or using it for transport. " Alright. If we use it for transport. We can hit slipspace as soon as we leave the atmosphere. But. If we use it for the nuke. It is possible that they could destroy it and the nuke be useless. The only way to use the nuke and relief the fact that it could be destroyed.... Well... a human would have to be driving it. Even though I can drive it. It is possible that the reaction time of me moving it will not be the same os a human." She put the two plans aside and began working on making sure all of the mines were set to detonate.

O.G. Elder

{{OoC: Gah! I'm still confused. At first i thought it was a red team only mission you guys were doing and... now I'm just lost ._. }}

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff