Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image
                                1x1 RP Search
                                Refer to third post for roleplay status and availability updates
                                Currently taking requests, if you don't mind not getting hyper speed responses.

• EST (-5 GMT) nocturnal female, whom acts considerably like an old man, requesting jolly cooperation
                                25, INFP, Scorpio, artist, casual-adv lit
                                • Somewhat frequent responses (150 to 800 words), 1/day to 30/day, dependent on us both
                                I very much prefer something up in tempo that has more flow than reiterating half of the post before it and jumbling conversation. Short posts are fine by me.
                                • Meticulous about own spelling and grammar
                                • Third/first person, past/present tense. It depends on what we're going for.
                                • Open to idle chatter (elsewhere from the roleplay, please)
                                • Will most likely draw the every loving crap out of the characters involved
                                • Tends to write up non-canonical bits while waiting for responses; willing to share
                                • Threads are preferred, PMs would be alright, you might be able to convince me to use emails. I use Skype and Discord, if you wanna make with the friendly and discuss plotlines. With Skype, I do not wish to roleplay this way unless you’re cool with waiting in realtime for my occasional thirty minute responses.
                                • Just give me a heads up if you’re going to be away for a while, if you’re able, and I will try to do the same. I understand things happen and I’ve been forced offline for months at a time in the past. I am more than alright with continuing a plot once long forgotten. Don’t be intimidated to come back~ Even years later.
                                • I do not ditch roleplays, so if I become quiet, I'm just away. Feel free to bother me about it. If you're curious, I use my third post as a means of updating you guys.
                                • And I’m kind of a wimp, so if you somehow offend me, I tend to flee for a little while, but I can’t say I’m too easily offended. On that note, I’ve got an incredulously high threshold for bizarre and distasteful. Honesty is best, so it's my fault if I can't handle a bit of criticism. I'll bounce back. Friggin' resilient.

Feel free to throw some of your samples at me. Or link me your own recruitment thread and I'll take a look at what you're into and all so you don't have to repeat yourself here.
                                Just know that I spend innumerable hours shaping out every facet of a character, so I hope they're enjoyable.

Quote me here or PM to get ahold of me :{D

User Image
Requests and Requirements:
• M/M, M/F, F/F if things get romantic. Personally, I prefer m/m, but I'm a sucker for a good combination. Hell, I adore genderless beings. Have at it. I do not do polyamorous, but love-interest geometric shapes are plot-approved.
• Preferably I would like there to be plenty of characters, supporting crew or otherwise. Two alone will leave us floundering for words. On that note, I have no trouble playing whichever gender, age, personality. If you feel a character is becoming out of character, smack me back into gear.
• Don’t be so inclined to go narrative-heavy if you’re able to stick to great dialogue. I won’t mind in the least.
• Go ahead and decorate your posts, but default font size preferred and a dark enough color for the body of the post.
As for face-claims, go nuts, just…I’d prefer not using real people. It’s just plain creepy to me. Using an existing character for something is pretty odd to me too, since they already have a story of their own, so I’m just going to think of the claim as a general idea of what you’re going for. Just don't be saying that is what your character looks like in its entirety, like down to the uniform they might be sporting. Not alright. Could link a few to get your idea across if you had to. If we could keep the face-claims out of the posts and simply to the profiles, that’d be cool of you too…. Am I uncool yet?
That being said, if you like my art style and wish to work out details, I’ll draw them for ya. Just beat my scanner into submission so, that's a thing. I do both traditional and digital.
But let's be honest, this place has such a large community of artists for free or for pay, it shouldn't be that hard to get your character properly fleshed out, am I right?
• As for profiles, I enjoy adding in all the negatives to balance out the basic need-to-know. So if there’s something not quite savory about your character that you want to get used in the story, please add it here. You don't have to follow my format, just below is how I do things.
My usual setup:
Name; race/ethnicity/region of origin (one/any that apply)
Biological gender tab age tab single word best describing them
Height tab Weight tab blood type tab hair color tab eye color (blood type=/=personality…)
Family:
Hobbies and Interests: (things they like doing as opposed to things they like)
Merits: (good qualities and habits/bonuses)
Faults: (poor qualities and habits/drawbacks)
Fears and Phobias:
Dislikes: (opinion)
Personality: (if you felt like it, will show through interactions anyway)
History: (if it’s even required, will surely come up in narrative and conversation)
Other:

User Image

Themes:
                                  • Honestly, I’ll take on most things. I adore supernatural, science fiction, and fantastic settings, rather than the world we live in, although I'm not opposed.
                                  • I'm into power struggles and the old good versus evil, so have at it.
                                  • I don't do series-based roleplays, but I'm alright with borrowing ideas where suited. (Stemmed from the same reasoning I despise AU fanfiction...) But having OCs in the same universe that have little or nothing to do with the canon characters isn't so bad and I'd consider it.
                                  • I tend to avoid school-themes, unless it's any good. I've got a few ideas, so I suppose if you could convince me...
                                  • Bromance/Womance encouraged. As much as I adore guys with guys, I take a harder hit to the ol' bloodpump with some bromance. Takes courage to show you care and not feel weird about it.
                                  • Comedy most welcome. I can't keep from cracking a joke in the most serious of situations, whether it slips into my post or not, so by all means~ (I mean it, puns are my life)

Themes to follow can literally take place in any setting. Cyber-witches would be cool and you know it. This is all I can dig up for now, but suggestions are welcome. These are not necessarily pairings. In the end, it's the character's interactions that are most interesting, not what they are or what surrounds them. So if we end up somewhere lame, I expect to have your characters grow on me like something I should probably get examined.
                                  Keep in mind that these are themes, not roles. We don't have to play the part of the freaky dudes, could easily be the hopelessly terrified dimwits that deal with them (as main characters). And I'm not claiming roles, we'll figure that junk out together.
                                  • Android/Gynoid
                                  • Anthropomorphic (I've got plenty. I've even got a scarecrow crew of characters, so like....any species is fair game, within reason. Could be anything from a living doll, an irritable weapon like in MAR, a reliable weapon like in Dust, your everyday humanoid animal dudes... I don't think I'd go as far as Beauty and the Beast, unless the character is nuts and carrying on conversation with his pillow for that literal pillow talk.)
                                  • Data (think Digimon or MegaMan NT Warrior)
                                  • Fairy Tales gone horribly dark (like the ******** up originals)
                                  • Magicians (mage, stage, or otherwise)
                                  • Mental Patients (and their caretakers)
                                  • Monsters (humanoid or something more bizarre, hunters optional)
                                  • Nightmares (or hallucinations)
                                  • Pirates (rival crews, stowaways, tyrannical captain, maybe one guy leading the other around with promise of treasure with notes and maps for some plot-based reason...)
                                  • Prisoner(s) (and their guards)
                                  • Rivals (sabotaging each other at every turn)
                                  • Summoners/Summons (or creator/creation)
                                  • Superheroes/Supervillains
                                  • Survival (zombie, nuclear, virus, invasion, pure horror something or other)
                                  • Undead (ghost, reanimated corpse, etc)
                                  • Witches

Things I'm game for, but not as the central focus. Subplots, man.
                                  • Vampires (There's just so much of it that focuses on their being vampires and not who they are otherwise. I'd like to avoid that. Your guys can totally be a bloodsucker, if it fits, but we're gonna have to discuss what sort they are and which rules they follow.)
                                  • Demons (Like hellfire and sin, that kind of stuff. The other guys I'd tie in with monsters)

Now, offer any combination of things and any pairings you're in the mood for (if there might be any)! I've got nothing planned myself, no expectations. Bring it.

Alright....so who's still here?

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Plot whatnots
* Based on a story I've written. Some of these are actual titles, haha. Pardon how lame they might be. Some are ideas from well over a decade ago but the characters grew on me or something... I wasn't able to write for dark and gritty back then, but I can now. These are just, y'know, things I'd be cool with.
So when I said I didn't write modern....this would be why. This is pretty much all I knew at the time. Oh lawdy.

*Sleepless Beauty (reverse sleeping beauty)
Based on a story I had written when I was far younger. There is an insomniac that just cannot win over his eyelids and chattering brain. Turns out, his friend (or new acquaintance) has the power to put him to sleep, albeit with a kiss. This would put a strain on their relationship, because they can't kiss without the insomniac falling asleep. Was intended to be m/m, but it'll work any which way. Characters and setting can be anything we choose.

*Guilty Angel
A boy wishes for an angel to save him from his unfortunate situation, but instead receives a demon (being punished with this sort of work.)

*Nomad
Story follows the brief interactions of a nomad (perhaps a minstrel?) and the people they meet in a small town every year or so. Fantasy encouraged. Potential for romance.

*My Skeleton is My Jail
Ghost possessing a person and interfering with their life. Whether or not the person is conscious during possession is up to us. Could easily go comedy or romance.

*Flashback
Story written in the memory of a person whose friend had killed themselves. It'll lead up to the event in which they do it or their body was discovered. Could throw in some present tense business.

*The Things I Dreamt
Original followed a little girl in an unfortunate situation into her dreams where things weren't so unbearable. This idea could easily be used for any type of character and could tie into present events, making a good comparison or anchor to reality.

*You're More Human Than Most
Human encounters a creature, potentially alien, and learns that it contains just as much compassion and humanity as the average person. Mostly a friendship tale, but it could possibly be something else.

*I'm Too Comfortable With My Roommate
Romance intended. Original is m/m and all that after a friend questions why they're so close, like a couple would be. One is gay and disinterested, other is straight and gets offended when he's told he's not his type and pushes the relationship. Story of roommates that cross boundaries, really.

*Twenty Minutes
Story originally consisted of one of those games where two people are forced into a closet together for a predetermined length of time, but I see this working for just about anything.
Could have rivals getting stuck in detention or something and getting along.
An interrogation.
A length of time given to convince a person to do or not do something.
Overall, it would end up being a short roleplay, and I'm alright with that. Any ideas?

Maaan, these are lame. I'll dig out the better ones one I've slept. HDD crash took all my newer works with it.

Fairy Tales:
The Devil With the Three Golden Hairs
We could easily rewrite this into something. It'd be so good~

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
⌘ Roleplays in which I am currently engaged: ⌘ cos ******** having samples

[Gaia 1:1] Catchers of the Manifest: (GM and co-author) Lenny, Queen, Guardsman, NPCs
[Midorea] Dragons Dance: Shen Ue
[Midorea] Shapeshifter RP: Amaranta/Amaranth
[Gaia grp] Kiss Kiss Fall in Love: Saburo, Nijiro, Ichiro, Ichiko, Kane

[Gaia 1:1] (untitled): Piers, Oliver, Harper
[Gaia 1:1] We Run the Night: Gerulf "Wolf" Falk
[Gaia 1:1] A Flight to Paradise: Akakios
[Gaia 1:1] She Roars, He Shakes: Xiáng Cái Róng
[Gaia 1:1] (untitled): Katsuo
[Gaia grp] Persona: Steal Our World: Haine Kimoto, Nidhoggr, Ayumu Yoshibe

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
General updates:

11.05.14 14:09 Holy barnacles, Mermaid Man. I've got so many responses now. Expect delays.
05.12.17 21:13 Accepting 1:1s with chill folks. No more groups...

People I'm currently in roleplay with or am plotting with: (mostly reminder to myself)
Group: Persona, Fate, Pokemon

1x1:
Health Kitt (willing to keep going)
Sesshy kitty (willing to keep going)
Apple Bunns (x3, aw yiss)
Kazuhiira 91

Plotting:
Jin Kiryu
Gothkilla14
Hint -- Your Name
Luvly1
payshence
Artemis Fox Dahlia
TraumaNaked
Whiskey Woes
loquacious strumpet

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
booty bump

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
bedtime bump for the insomniac~

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Travelling down this bumpy road~
So how flexible is your no series-based roleplays rule... xD It sounds like it could bend a little and we could figure out a compromise somewhere in the middle. I just made this thread which is nominally seeking a Star Wars rp, but as I note there, I'm not well-versed in the extensive canon of the universe -- which is to say, I'm not looking for a hardcore SW rp, but something in the spirit of that 'verse.

Maybe we could figure something out that doesn't cross your guidelines?? You're the first person whose thread I've read through and you've made an actual note of enjoying fast, interactive flow when rping (bless) and you also seem open to having lots of ideas and characters and plot developments. As those are all things I'm about....figured I'd give it a shot. ;_;

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hint -- Your Name
So how flexible is your no series-based roleplays rule... xD It sounds like it could bend a little and we could figure out a compromise somewhere in the middle. I just made this thread which is nominally seeking a Star Wars rp, but as I note there, I'm not well-versed in the extensive canon of the universe -- which is to say, I'm not looking for a hardcore SW rp, but something in the spirit of that 'verse.

Maybe we could figure something out that doesn't cross your guidelines?? You're the first person whose thread I've read through and you've made an actual note of enjoying fast, interactive flow when rping (bless) and you also seem open to having lots of ideas and characters and plot developments. As those are all things I'm about....figured I'd give it a shot. ;_;

Dude....yes. I haven't seen the movies in a few years, but I could dig them out and crash course myself. Haven't seen the three newer ones, cos I was ordered not to subject myself to that. I've seen Clone Wars way back and played just a bit of Knights of the Old Republic (but the lore didn't stick so much cos I only got to maybe level 20, played smuggler because yes). I've read two novels, but I was maybe....that was middle school, oh lawdy. (hot damn, there are nearly 100 novels in this thing. Who has that sort of perseverance?) And I don't think I ever played the old console games properly as a brat to say that stuck, but it was to my understanding that they were just based on the earlier films.

So I could see something working out, since neither of us are superfans and all. But damn, I just broke my rule, didn't I? Oh, and I appreciate that you actually took the time to read all that nonsense :{D
Rhemiyl

[******** YES
i mean
Great.
How peachy keen for the both of us. [********]

I'm really envious of you that you never watched Episodes 1-3. Then again, maybe it was worth sitting through that to understand the barrage of satire that resulted from them. I will tolerate terrible things for the sake of glorious humour.

Yeah, I read my SW novels mostly in middle school as well lol. I still remember a lot of them quite vividly, because they made such an impact on me at the time, but it was mostly the plots that I recall, not the little canon details and bits of lore. If I were a fat old man who had nothing else to do, I'd absolutely sit down and read all hundred+ novels...but I am not. (yet)

The only canon I really want to keep is the superstructure (galaxy-wide politics; the Force; etc) and some of the worlds/races, for convenience and because Hutts make stellar villains. If we set our stuff during the events of any of the canon, we'll have to figure out how to deal with canon... If we set our stuff much after, we could have it where "canon" has now become mostly legend, in the same way that Abraham Lincoln is more legendary than historical to most contemporary Americans, you know? But I don't think I want to meet any Skywalkers or Solos or etc. within the roleplay.

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hint -- Your Name

Ahaha, your excitement thrills me :{D

I'm a fat old man at heart, so I could see myself doing that, if I weren't so caught up in hunting down so many other longwinded series.

And I adore satire, so I might give them a shot once I've cleared the better half. Might. I mean, the majority of my favorites are horrible, intentional or otherwise, so I think I can handle it.

My face when I first saw a skinny Hutt.... Yea so that'll do. I don't like handling existing characters anyway, I mean, unless they're somehow immortal and would need to be interacted with at some point, or at least mentioned... bluh. Just feels wrong controlling a person that someone else had created, y'know?
Rhemiyl

The movies are not even laughably terrible, just boring and tacky and irritating. You really need outsiders making jokes about them to transform it into something worth your while. Fortunately there are many. :D

Baha, alas no I cannot sympathize with avoiding canon people. I devour everything I see and attempt to play with everyone's toys, to varying degrees of success. I can well understand the antipathy toward it, but I feel the very opposite emotion myself. I love writing and working with and thinking about other people's creations, and happily share mine in the same vein. Depending on how long after proper canon we set this, I might have to swoop in with a couple bounty hunter cameos, because they're my boys. If it's long enough that they'd all be dead anyway, then that's how it is.

I noticed you mentioned various types of cyber-magic in your opening posts. I'm not adverse to adding that to this adapted verse (and it already sort of exists there, from what I recall). There are powers other than the Force running around the galaxy, so you're welcome to draft up witches or whatever you want from that.

edit: since we're both online right now, i'm gonna go ahead and pm my skype to you

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hint -- Your Name

Nah. If I'm playing in someone else's court, I'll play by the rules. The Force is good enough for me.

And you can grab as many of the canonical crew as you see fit, but if I'm playing any, I can't help but feel weird about it. Didn't say I was bad at it.

So what you're saying is watch them with a crowd so we can criticize it to our hearts' content? Aye aye.

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Bumping until this reads something in Braille.

Friendly Lunatic

Hello. I would love to try and work something out with you.
There were a few of your themes that I like, and could see building off of if you're interested. I also have a few pre-made characters that I don't get to use as often as I'd like. If you'd like to take a look, they're in my search thread (in my signature).

-Fairy Tales gone horribly dark
-Mental Patients (and their caretakers)
-Nightmares (or hallucinations)
-Rivals (sabotaging each other at every turn)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff