Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Rogue

12,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Placeholder Thread Title!

Default London Bridge photo, because things are going down.
(Ba da, tss!)

This is a private thread between Rhemiyl and Health Kitt, you know the drill. If you ain't us, keep your trap shut and enjoy the show.
Or flop around like a fish or the floor, whichever. I won't judge.

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Characters played by Rhemiyl
Uppercase X is my own work. Lowercase x is glorious fanart. Bold for deviantART, otherwise it's photobucket.
Music note is theme because I am just that lame.

User ImagePiers Whalen
Male, 20 years, cynic
5'10", 148lbs, moderately short light-brown hair, hazel eyes
Architecture major, grocery attendant (produce), current ward of Rasmus
paranoid (insular), obsessive compulsive personality disorder (conscientious, puritanical)
X X X x x x X X

User ImageOliver White
Male, 26 years, selfless
5'11", 160lbs, long black hair, dark-brown eyes
Law major, English minor, dual-citizenship, Rasmus' druid guildmate, goes by the username Australien
---

X

User ImageHarper Short
Male, 40 years, intrepid
6'0", 175lbs, short brown hair, green eyes
Father of two, accountant, current retainer of Miles.
narcissistic, proud, impulsive

X

Hallowed Rogue

12,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Kit's Character List:

Rasmus Adams

Former Partners:
Michelle O'Halle - Former dealer, arrested
Maverick Rome - "Reassigned"

Elisa Hubert - techie

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anne Rome - Maverick's ex-wife, current overseer of this section of protectors

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Repeating a mantra that had become commonplace over the last few days, a young man stepped into a convenience store. The music playing in his large headphones was just loud enough to drown out the chime looming over the entryway, but his thoughts seemed even louder. "I'm not crazy," he told himself once more, making his way to the coolers in the back. They had told him the same when he was appropriated by them on Thursday, after he'd left his father's place. The whole ordeal had saved him bus fare, as they had given him a ride to his home afterwards, but he wasn't the type that particularly enjoyed being picked off the streets. He hadn't even given them his address. "They're crazy. They're crazy. They're crazy." Piers stared blankly ahead to the selection of drinks, the glass defrosting and becoming clear as his thoughts became more clouded. The youth wasn't talking to himself aloud, yet he still felt like he was telling this to everyone he'd made eye contact with during his daily errands, as if at least he could convince them while he was so unsure himself. With a frown, his hand reached out to the first caffeinated beverage he could find and straightened his back. "I'm not crazy," he repeated inwardly as he met the man at the register and muted his music. His shaky hands nearly caused him to drop his change as he paid.

Piers left the store without having been called out or having been met with any critical stares, so he felt this excursion was a success. He was still normal. With the lack of music assailing his ears, his thoughts pulled back to the other evening. You're not crazy. This is a gift you're going to learn to accept and you'll be proud of what you're now capable of, they had said, wearing welcoming smiles as if they hadn't just kidnapped him. The room was barren of any real human comforts, simply a few places to sit and a table. It was not as inconvenient as an interrogation room, no matter how similar it felt to him. You are one of many. You're not alone. Piers shook at the thought of that man's face and fished for his music player in his pocket. Spinning the dial on the front, he rescued his inner peace for just a bit longer as the music resumed.

Lights were beginning to turn on in buildings as he strode by toward the park. He figured it would be too dead at this time to go through there now, relying on the bustle of town to keep his attention. Piers took to main streets out of habit since. You will learn to accept it, whether you believe that now or not, he recalled the man's emphasis, placing his hands on his lap in a folded and calm gesture, belying the intent in his voice. "I'm not crazy." The youth tapped his foot impatiently as he waited to cross a street, although no cars were passing him. His erratic thoughts kept him from realizing how completely silly he must have looked. His phone buzzed in his pocket, and in the attempt to retrieve it, he fumbled and it fell to the ground. Street lamps hadn't come on yet, and it was impossibly dark in the shadow of the building he stood by. As if on cue, the lamp above him flickered on and he quickly located the device, a delighted smile on his lips. Piers had missed the call, and then noticed that the other lights in the area didn't turn on with this one. The one that aided him grew bright and then faded out. "I'm not crazy," he spoke aloud, lucky that no one was within earshot. Hurrying across the street, Piers didn't dare glance back to the corner he'd left behind. He turned into the park as he passed and sat onto the metal bench that waited a short distance from the road. Piers slumped forward, closing off the world around him as he gathered his thoughts and the next song played.

Hallowed Rogue

12,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
"He's c̳̦̮̳͙͕ͩͧ̂ṟ̶͓̭̼͒ͯ͜a̴̡̤̖̞͉̝̙̦ͮͬ̿̋ͮ͋͠z̸̸̞̗͓̭͓̜͓ͭ̀ͯ́͌͗͆͜y̷̢͍̟̟͉͕̙͐͒̇̊ͭ̀."

The phone softly protested to his voice with a crackle, giving the word an almost self-aware distortion. Rasmus cleared his throat before he continued to speak, though his eyes remained on the younger man on the bench the entire time. If he so much as sneezed, it was Rasmus's job to clean up the snot as well as record how far it had gone and its general consistency. "You know that, don't you? He's been avoiding everyone, and I swear he keeps just...Just staring. I swear he saw me yesterday."
The brown-haired man tilted his head as he half-listened to his companion's quiet response, then reluctantly nodded. "I guess you're right. You usually are."
'Usually' was an understatement. Rasmus Adams had learned not to question his superiors the hard way, a testament gladly given by the way he heavily favored his left leg. It still hurt, though he knew that was impossible.
Rasmus thought only briefly of his new partner's almost zombie-like actions during his 'observational period' - which was really just code for Rasmus being told to stalk the poor guy - and promptly made a decision. A grin split across his face. "I know exactly what to do. I'll call you later, if I don't get 'magically' hit by a car." He hung up without waiting for a response; now that the idea was on his mind Rasmus, like most people passionate about their work, could hardly think of anything else.

And so it was with great gusto and a huge, cheesy grin that he slid onto the bench beside his new companion, green eyes positively sparkling. "Hey there, buddy!" He greeted loudly as he hooked an arm around the man and yanked him closer across the bench.
Internally, he regretted that; the show was all good and fun, but it wouldn't be that way after his new partner punched him in the jaw. His grin became more strained and nervous as he removed his arm. "Uh, sorry, just...Got a little excited, you know? I'm, uh...Your new partner! They did tell you that you'd be getting a partner, right? See, uh, you just finished a kind of...Trial period! You know, to make sure that you wouldn't, I don't know...Try to burst people into...Into flames, or something like that once you found out what you were. And you didn't! So, you know, good for you!" The man held up his hand for a high-five, but promptly dropped it. "Oh. Oh, I'm being rude. Sorry! Again. Excited."
He was rambling so much that he was even beginning to annoy himself, and his hands were always moving. He looked like a complete nutter.
But hey, if he was the crazy one, there was no way this guy could feel any worse. Rasmus liked to think of himself as a martyr...And quite possibly a sadist, considering how much he was enjoying it.

"Right! Um. Rasmus Adams. You know, like...Danana, snap snap? But with one 'd'. Not two. And I don't have a hand...Butler. A hand butler. I have hands." He held them up as though he needed to prove it. "Right, and...I'm your partner. A mage and-and a cyborg! See?" He abruptly twisted to pull up one pantsleg, revealing the dull gleam of metal-colored plastic. "I mean, not...Not a real cyborg, just...You know, missing a leg. I'm sorry; the joke didn't work. You'll forgive me, won't you?" Though he smiled brightly, he internally began a count to see what kind of delay his madness would give his partner's response.

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
The fair-haired youth stiffened to the sudden touch of his intruder, but his insides were reeling. He brought his head up to get a look at him as he listened to this man go on about all the things he didn't want to hear. While his thoughts shouted at him, "You're not crazy, just keep calm," he pursed his lips and tried not to flee. Piers felt this man was trying to sell him something with the way he spoke, but the content all to well coincided with all this magic nonsense. His name was Rasmus, the youth digested, and he was to be following him around much more than he probably already had been. At the thought, Piers inwardly panicked about how long he'd been watched. He was certain what had happened with the light was witnessed, and now he was being bombarded with all this new information. He inhaled, ready to interrupt, but felt he wanted to know more despite himself. What his partner had said was nothing further from useful information. Considering the false limb, he could make an escape, but he mentioned being able to use magic himself, and while Piers refused to give into the belief, he wouldn't want to risk it.

Nearly choking out a response, he thought it best to play along. "I'm Piers...Whalen," he spoke, hesitating on giving his full name, which might have been futile if he was sought out by this man. "Nice...leg." He wanted to give a usual greeting, wanted to say 'nice to meet you', but the level of bizarre this conversation was could only muddle his thinking. Recollecting himself, the younger man ran his hand through his hair, fingers cold from holding onto the cold metal drink he'd forgotten about. He decided to distract himself from the stranger's eager gaze and open it, giving him something to do when he had nothing else to say. "What the hell is going on?" Piers resigned, falling against the back of the bench with pure defeat on his features.

Hallowed Rogue

12,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Well, Rasmus hadn't gotten kicked in the groin and his new partner hadn't run away, so he was already counting this as a victory. The younger man was obviously still stunned by the events, and the man briefly wondered if his little act was doing more harm than good. He raised a hand to pat the man on the shoulder, then opted against it once more.
"Oh, they never tell you anything, do they?" He asked. "And you...You didn't forgive me! I'm going to take that personally, I'll have you know." The big, stupid grin was plastered on his face once more. "Now, no offense, buddy, but this isn't exactly the best place to talk to you about that kind of thing, huh? Especially in the dark, where there's so many shadows. And you know what they say! Where there's a shadow, there's something blocking the light! Of course, in this case, that's, uh...Kind of the entire world casting a shadow, which doesn't bode well for us." He laughed to himself, then cleared his throat. "Oh, no, another bad joke. I'd say that I'm chock full of them, but at this rate you'll have a deflated balloon for a partner in no time!"
In a subconscious imitation of his new companion, Rasmus ran a hand through his own hair, albeit only the left side; a good portion of the right had been shaved, though judging from its length, it hadn't been any time recently.
"Right, well, I can tell you all kinds of things, and I'm sure you have all kinds of questions, but, between you and me, talking at your place might not be the best idea, either. I mean, you know...If you want entirely honest responses from me." The man shrugged. "I guess that leaves you a choice! Would you rather forego the truth and talk to me somewhere that you probably feel safe, or get the truth somewhere you don't - my place? Oh, goodness, that sounds like I'm...What's the phrase, now? Picking you up? Promise I'm not. See?" He held up his hands again to indicate that no fingers were crossed. "Absolute truth. Complete professional! Just a chatty one."

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Offering a glance to his rambling companion, he saw beyond what was necessary in arm movements for a single conversation. "I'm not sure if what you're telling me I need an exterminator for my place..." Piers sighed, his lungs momentarily refusing to let air back in. He shook his head the slightest, uneasy of the idea his own haven could be bugged, but also unsure if he'd want this stranger knowing where that was. "Fine. This wouldn't be the first time I've been in strange places this week. Lead the way," he exclaimed, waving his arm out in a ways to casually send him off. Lifting to his feet, the fair-haired youth downed the rest of his drink and deposited the can in the trash receptacle a short distance away. "But I want honest responses. And I want to be able to ask what I want to. Then maybe I'll forgive you for all those untimely jokes." He only then noticed his music had stopped playing once Rasmus showed up, and his innards contorted at the connection, hoping he'd only hit the end of the playlist. "I'm not crazy," his inner voice encouraged him, "but following this guy is clearly not a sane move."

Hallowed Rogue

12,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
"Well...I can't say that I can answer anything you can ask, just most of it. You know, there are things that I don't know, too! Like the flight velocity of an unladen, um...Swallow. Sorry. Another joke." The man held up his hands as he carefully stood. "I can only tell you what I know, but you deserve that much as far as who we work for goes. When it comes to personal stuff, though, tit for tat, okay? You get a question, I get a question. A debriefing could only tell me so much!" His laughter was easier this time, but his eyes still held nervousness.
"I hope that we can be friends, you know. I mean, we're already going to be partners, but I know that's not necessarily synonymous with 'best buddies for life'! And, um...About the bugging things. I don't...Actually know. See, I asked, and they wouldn't answer me. But I do know one of the guys who monitors those things, so if you really want to find out, I can probably hatch a couple of plans. I'm like a mother bird, except all of the eggs are awesome and could usually get me fired. So!" Rasmus clapped his hands together. "I don't live far. Do you want to get a taxi, or walk? If we walk, we can talk about things that aren't sensitive on the way there. Like, you know, favorite colors, middle names, are you a felon...?"

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Piers couldn't help but smirk at the last one. "Blue. Elric. And I was caught shoplifting with some friends as a brat, which unfortunately put me on bad terms with my lawful-stupid father for a while. And I don't mind walking. I don't have the cash to spend on a taxi right now anyway, I'm only a part-timer." He shooed away his first questions with simple detachment, but felt he could answer impersonal things to someone that made a joke of everything. He was probably as harmless as he himself was, Piers determined. He glanced away when he noticed the street lamps finally kicking in, reminding him that he was still unsure of so much going on. "But what's so different about your place that's going to make you tell the truth anyway? I don't understand any of this." There was a bit of desperation and distress in his voice as he admitted this, clearly having his world exposed to him taking an effect.

Hallowed Rogue

12,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
"Okay. Misdemeanor, then, I'm assuming. Unless you were trying for something like...I don't know, a television. Although if you could fit one in your pants..." He glanced over to his new partner's pockets, then shrugged. "Well, I probably would have done that, too, in high school. But I didn't!"
He crossed his arms as he considered the other answers rather than responding to the questions immediately. "Elric! Huh. I would have expected, uh...Brooke. Or Ahab. But then your names would always be chasing each other, huh? Aha...Ha..." The laughter broke into a cascade of uncomfortable coughs. "Oh. Ugh. Sorry. Don't worry, we'll get to that part. Just not out here, okay? Come on, keep to the light-hearted stuff! Like, um...I don't know. Ask something about me! There's got to be something casual that you'd like answered, huh, partner?"

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
The youth moved his hands to his pockets, feeling strange under the examination he was being given. "Those are some pretty bizarre names..." His lips contorted into a frown as he thought up his own interrogation. "So we're walking then?" he asked, following in step. "So what about you then, what do you do for a living? And well... What do you normally do when you're not following people around? I mean, is it a hobby to go talking to strangers or is it just this job that's making you so...." Piers struggled on how to really describe the man, his hands waving a bit, "frenetic." Heaving another sigh, the young man relinquished any ideal that he was going to get by without offending the guy he was told he's to work alongside. He grew quiet, not sure what to really ask. For a moment he considered his own feelings circling inside of him. "Aren't you afraid at all of all of this?" Unable to look to him, he kept his eyes on the ground.

Hallowed Rogue

12,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Well, those hadn't been the questions he'd been hoping for. Rasmus took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and briefly became placid. "All right. I'll start from the beginning of that lot, then." He took a moment to gather up his strength, then put on the bright, happy smile again. "Firstly, yes, we are walking. I like nights like this. They're dark, and quiet, and just a little nippy. I've always been quite fond of the cold, I'll have you know!"
His eyes dragged over Piers again as he considered the next answered. "As for what I do for a living, well....You." He paused in his step and shook his head. "Whoa! No, not how I meant for that to come out. Taking care of you, and making sure no one else tries to get a rise out of...Oh, my god, that's worse." He placed both hands over his face for a moment. Seconds later, muffled laughter came through his palms. "Okay. Okay, my job, for a living, is to work with you and keep you safe. I get paid for it. There, that's, uh...Better! I think. But let's not dwell on that, or I'll make it worse!"
"Next question. What do I do when I'm not working? Um, I have a guild. Online." He wiggled his fingers in an interpretation of keyboard-usage. "In an MMO. Now, I'm not saying that's all that I do, but I do love it. I can't, uh, do...What you do, so, in a way, it's helping me make up for that. Plus, they totally boss me around and I would be lying to say that I don't kind of like that. I don't have to worry about keeping my head, just...DPSin' warlock! Not that I'd mind leading a raid, I, uh...Should stop talking!" He laughed. "Or you're going to think you got paired with a total loser."
"Frenetic, was the next thing. Yes! And I intend to get worse!" He reached over and actually pinched Piers' cheek. "I apologize for your suffering in advance, but I won't change my mind!"
"Last question was...Afraid. Oh, I don't know about that. I used to be! You're my third partner, though, so I guess I have a bit more under my belt...Than...Oh, damn, I did it again." He grimaced. "I'm sure you have plenty 'under your belt'. Not that I intend to check!" The man laughed uneasily again. "Wow. I can not stop talking. What I apologized for before? That comment was it. I'm sorry."

Solomon Grant's Compadre

Territorial Loiterer

16,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Things went from bad to worse in an instant for the youth as he slapped his palms to his face and stopped walking in response, still feeling the pulsation in his cheek from the man's gesture. "Am I going to regret going home with you?" he muttered under his heavy embarrassment. He was completely sure his face took on color and was reluctant to move his arms back to his sides, but he did after gathering his resolve to keep moving forward. Flustered, he bundled his scarf up around his face just a little more snugly. "Honestly, this is getting a bit too weird for me so try to ease up on the innuendo. You already said you weren't picking me up." Piers made an attempt to laugh, but it only fell out with his breath in a nervous manner. His hazel eyes refused still to look at him and his hands burrowed even deeper into his pockets. Feeling his phone, he regained just the slightest bit of confidence for the night to come. He would use it if he needed to be rescued. "So you're just a shut in that got caught up in babysitting gigs, I guess, right? Should I be worried that you try on partners like new pants or something. I mean, you don't look old enough to have been doing this long... I don't think I want to know what's happened to them yet." With his voice shaky and questions spilling out of him, it was evident how troubled he'd become.

Hallowed Rogue

12,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
"Oh? Oh, oh, no. No, god, no reason to get all..." Rasmus could only awkwardly wave his hands in his companions general direction. "God, this is awkward. No! I, uh...I'm just 'babysitting' now because, well...You're new at this. My first partner was, um...Trained. And she was very, very good at the aspects that, um..." He shrugged. "You know, what you do. And then it turned out that she was also good at lying, and, um...At shooting. Me. In the leg." He laughed uneasily.
"So if anyone has a right to be uneasy here, I think it's, uh...Me. I mean, that's why I made the felon query. It's not something I really want to do again. Well, neither of them. I didn't like getting betrayed, but I really didn't like getting shot. And it was in this awful place, and it got infected and turned blue and purple, and, uh...Is-is this better or worse than the innuendo? Because it feels just as bad. I'm sorry." He awkwardly shoved his hands into his own pockets. "I just...Never mind. At any rate, she didn't die, or anything. And as long as you don't plan on shooting me, then...You're already doing better than her! As for my other partner, um..." He shook his head, eyes straight forward. "Just got reassigned to a different city. I miss him, though. He was a real pain in the a**, but he really grew on you. Like...A tumor. A tall tumor that liked to tell me to shut up. A lot. When is it my turn, again?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff