Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Put me on the list! I stopped spending real money on those items, 'cept to sell them on the MP to make gold. I never get anything good! I'd rather wait and get the nifty items on the MP.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hello. My name is Miss Vivian Rose, but you can all call me Vivian, or Viv for short. Anyways, "why am I here?" you ask. Well Ill tell you exactly why youve come to this petition! You would like to see the Luck Events and Items system change.

Now, when it comes to the luck events, I know that its one of the many ways that Gaia chooses to make its money. People see the announcement, think "oh, I have to try that," and run out to buy GC or the available item to use for the event. Yes, this part of the luck events system works. What does not work, though, is the items given out through out it. Now, they always come up with something rare, or re-dristribute something people have asked for (which is a good thing), but its usually the highest possible prize. Yes, again, that is a good part of the system. Now, on to what needs to be changed:

When you finally reach that enlightened stage at which you should receive said items that have been created, or re-distributed, specifically during and for the event, shouldnt you receive it? It shouldnt end up being another game of luck to know whether or not you are going to receive the really cool, new items, or a less valuable 'rare' item. For example, on the FAMESTAR 2000, they threw in items like 'login gold' and 'international gasmask' as grand prizes. Now, if you only have 1 in 50, or so, chance of getting to the 'grand prize' level, shouldnt you receive one of the new, or the much asked for re-distributed items, as the prize, instead of just some 'rare' item, which could actually be worth less than the loosing prizes?

Also, when they create the banners and announcements for the events, shouldnt they include the fact that, even though they have created new, or re-distributed items, that 'rare' items are also grand prizes? Yet again as an example, on the FAMESTAR 2000 banners and announcement, no where on it does it say, "Here's a few of the prizes being awarded at the grand prize level. It just shows pictures of the new items. There are no gasmasks, or 'login gold' on there, showing as potiental grand prize winnings. I happen to believe that, while the items should be hard to come by, they shouldnt be thrown in with items that are not of equal value to the believed price that Gaians would pay for said items. Cool, new items are always going to be high sellers, and the prizes that are placed amongst them should be worth a lot to the current market.

Now, enough of my ramblings. If you would like to sign my petition to change the awarding of luck event items, please sign by saying, "I, ___, sign this petition," or something of the similar. By just posting, you will not count towards the overall number of petitioners. Now. I ask you, will you join in my cause?

"Nicolette"
Okay, now I have time to rant about this.

If Gaia is going to make random chance items that are going to be THAT expensive then they should do at least a couple of the following:

1) Get rid of the crappy/regular "prizes". Why the hell should I pay $10 to get 6 cruddy items I could buy with GOLD? Not to mention these chance items would gain much more appeal. And this isn't to say ALL regular items should be removed; just the worthless ones. Like, more expensive items should be in there rather than cheap crap.

2) Increase the chances of getting an "amazing" item. 10%? Can somebody say rip-off? Someone else has stated in another thread that statistically, you'd have to buy around 1000 Seeds to get an "amazing" item with the Seeds. If Gaia wants to leave the crappy items in there, at least lower the chances of getting s**t rubbed in your face and increase the chances of getting something worthwhile.

3) Now, with all these chance items Gaia's basically saying, "Remember kids, gambling is good for you!" I'd prefer it if we could eliminate these chance items altogether, being that Gaia is merely exploiting the incredibly low chance to earn more money. An alternative could be to sell the items that would be the prizes directly from the cash shop. Gaia would be earning more money in the long run, because the prizes would generally be worth either the same or more than the chance item itself, and more people would be likely to buy the single item rather than the chance of getting it.

Not to mention these chance items cause SEVERE INFLATION, which will turn new users away from the site in most cases.

1. Miss Vivian Rose
2. nicole_randomness
3. oozu
4. Unique Romance
5. The Black Highlighter
6. Yukut
7. Aneyana
8. Dr. H. Lecter
9. OhEmGee-aPenguin
10. Xx_Junie Rox_xX
11. theRthmnX
12. Anabelle
13. Light_Momo_Chan
14. purplecheesehead7
15. vols2222
16. Gin72
17. ~Ichigo_Pie~
18. lolita-esque xx
19. O r g a s m ii c BandAiid
20. windy_angel141
21. kittygirl7778
22. xXx Unique Similarity xXx
23. AZUR1
24. Krysalid
25. EverlastingRitz
26. x_Penumbra_x
27. Sakura Kaite Pendragon
28. Random Rainbow Rukia
29. Ame no Yanagi
30. DancesWhenNoOnesLooking
31. Woofa Pawnch
32. Elenwyd
33. Dreams Dust
34. LovelyScarletRosary
35. babblkyn1
36. GranoblasticMan
37. PinkXxKiss
38. elffromspace
39. demure darling
40. iiDeemon
41. Ra ii nBow Sorbet
42. R i z u m u - R h y t h m
43. Melted Jellybelly`s
44. Shy Girl 7108
45. jmartin0991
46. momo-ai13
47. correctreality
48. Stonewaltz
49. P!nk Colored Condom
50. iEntchen
51. astrid_vp
52. Technicolor Illusions
53. -A-Bittersweet-Kiss-
54. Cuddleh
55. Kuroneko`
56. The NES Link
57. Platinum Poptart
58. sarssol
59. sanctus king
60. JTHM_YO
61. TehLittleRainbowDino93
62. xXDragon_345Xx
63. ms batista
64. Space_c0w _Girl
65. mandymarie312
66. xiMoonlightx
67. i R a v e T o y b o x
68. Kolorful Krayon
69. [Nicolette]
70. Charles Dawkins
71. x-- V i l l a g e S l u t
72. Baroness MJ
73. Shadowslider
74. Emo_Girl_AlexaUchiha
75. istraight r a i n b o w s
76. Rachel_Ruby55
77. keito melfina
78. GreanTee
79. Inconspicuous Obviousness
80. Blue_Saph
81. iCamo
82. busyb18
83. tophrulz01
84. Eden_the_Immaculate
85. Emma Jane-Chan
86. Holy Elar
87. Zikyo XIII
88. XxLexxyKinnsXx
89. Obi Wan Kendrobi
90. Miss Ryuzaki
91. Asyanica
92. xXx_Crazzy_Chik_xXx
93. Neon Firefly
94. Freyis
95. Demynxis
96. Rainbuh
97. spicy-diamond
98. deidara ramen lover1
99. Cami Kazoku Do Po x3
100. Jen-Anne
101. Aurra21
102. zapensal2
103. AmiNayaki
104. XThe Eye in the SkyX
105. Insane Innocence
106. TokiPokie
107. Misty55
108. [Eskimo]
109. Alvin Who
110. II Shiro Neko II
111. x_Faux Affliction_x
112. Somniu
113. Chance Illuser
114. ll-iLulu-ll
115. DjsWife5106
116. Monstrous Cupcake
117. Benjamin Bad
118. La Cerise Noire
119. SamMan55
120. Zumezxx16

How many signatures do you need exactly. does this look like enough to u? because u are probibly going to need 100x more than this. even then it still might not happen.

greenwetpal's Bestie

Shirtless Tycoon

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Olympian 200
I, CottonGrowl, sign!
Everytime I get those chance items, I always get the crappy items. =|
zumezxx16
How many signatures do you need exactly. does this look like enough to u? because u are probibly going to need 100x more than this. even then it still might not happen.

There is no basic amount of signatures needed. The more, the better. And all we're doing is giving our opinion to the mods. You can sign if you like, otherwise, please leave. I dont feel like being hasseled because of my, and several other's, point of view. Even if it never happens, the mods will know how we feel. And thats the whole point of petitions.

@ Cotton, Kitty, and Pandora: Thank you. You all have been added to the list.
I will sign this petition
Thank you. Youve been added to the list.
*Signs Petition*

:D
Thank you. You have been added to the list.

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
Congrats, Gaia, for creating yet another random generator. While I'm happy to provide you the money, I'd rather it go towards something that isn't a bullshitty rerelease of an item (or items) that SHOULD HAVE STAYED FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY. By the feedback I've read on this, I suspect there should be more petition signers, if any come a'lookin' in here. But I'll have to wait until I can obtain the item myself for further judgment.

Thanks for listening, Gaia. Gold, and therefore the site itself, are virtually worthless.
But, now, don't get me wrong--I love Gaia, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I just don't want Gaia to continue on its path down money-grubbing lane, or it won't have any worthwhile users; just those who have the money and think they feel big in their pants by buying with cash and selling for lots of gold. And that is definitely something we should all want to avoid.
Nicolette
Congrats, Gaia, for creating yet another random generator. While I'm happy to provide you the money, I'd rather it go towards something that isn't a bullshitty rerelease of an item (or items) that SHOULD HAVE STAYED FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY. By the feedback I've read on this, I suspect there should be more petition signers, if any come a'lookin' in here. But I'll have to wait until I can obtain the item myself for further judgment.

Thanks for listening, Gaia. Gold, and therefore the site itself, are virtually worthless.
But, now, don't get me wrong--I love Gaia, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I just don't want Gaia to continue on its path down money-grubbing lane, or it won't have any worthwhile users; just those who have the money and think they feel big in their pants by buying with cash and selling for lots of gold. And that is definitely something we should all want to avoid.

Omg... I know... I was actually stupid enough to think we got to pick.... Gah! Another $10 wasted on crap...

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image
Beauty gets all the attention...

Insert my signature on list
Seriously... I think they should up the chances of getting better items if they are going to do this... inflation is a b***h.
OR Gaia should just give out really cool prizes in these "mystery" boxes or items, makes it really worth what gold or cash you spend on it.

But Personality captures the heart...

User Image
Ill sign =)

"I twilightwolf_16, sign da petition" =B =)

Savage Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items