Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Nymph

4,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Charging Power 75
  • First step to fame 200
my boyfriend showed me music that he created and i loved it, so i started to listen electronic music
WaRori Dysko
I won't lie here. I heard Barbie Girl by Aqua when I was really young (I think I was 8 or 9... it was in 1998 so..) .. and using what the internet had at the time, searched them and found similar artists at the time, learned it was electronic music, dove into other genres that were around at the time... I really began to like Hardcore, Trance, Filter House, and Benni Benassi's take on electro.

Then things like Kazaa and s**t came out and I just searched random terms to find music I was looking for.

And there you have it. This was around 2003 mind you, when I was actually able to hear other music through the internet. I know, Aqua is a bad example, but like I said... I won't lie here.

Agreed on Aqua yo! I was about 3 or 4 yrs old. heart

Greedy Bloodsucker

I'd say my journey to Electronic Music went something like this;

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
It started in my angsty goth years where I thought listening only to gothic/industrial music was the most important thing that a goth teen should do to establish their gothiness.
Then I woke up and realized a lot of industrial sounds like the same repetitive harsh noise. I'm still exploring electronic music. If I knew how to make it, I would.

Shameless Exhibitionist

uhhh idunno, i guess it was just something that happened naturally for me. i guess i went from indie rock to electropop or indietronica or whatever and then from there to nudisco to tech house/deep house.

now i listen to "indie" and electronic music.

nclngyn's Wife

Alien Streaker

I was always with my uncle growing up and he would always listen to EDM and rave music, so I kinda grew up on it.

Miss Sunray's Husband

Tipsy Lunatic

I'm not gunna lie- I jumped onto the bandwagon a few years ago when I heard Skrillex
and my taste in EDM just evolved.
And I no longer like hype dubstep

BLANCA BLANCO's Husband

Beloved Fatcat

I really got into it once I saw Ferry Corsten's L.E.F. album released when I was in middle school.

queen ozmo's Husband

i listened to grimes and purity ring a couple years ago.
that was it.

but i really started with postal service in like 6th grade.
Started when I was a kid, laying in bed and listening to some track playing downstairs. Turned out to be Born Slippy (Dad was watching Trainspotting) and s**t went on from there

Alien Lightbringer

I was a teenager in Berlin in the 80's/90's. end of story lol.
but more specifically it was maybe the different drugs we took along with electronic music (compared to just weed, alcohol punk and that)
honestly, it also scared me away for a long time.
glad to see the scene survived itself :3

Precious Lover

15,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I listen to electronic music from time to time due to balancing it with other genres and rl situations

My brother was trying to get me into it by recommend me to listen to dubstep and drum and bass. Drum and bass caught my curiosity. one of my ex (when I dated him) and college acquaintances showed me more electronic songs, such as Daft Punk, which were catchy. However, nightcore (if it counts) caught me,

Partying Genius

5,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
this song and then a friend showed me Daft Punk and got me into them and loved them ever sense
My mom listened to it when I was a young kid (90's-early 00's) but I got into it even more when I discovered French Touch <3 back in middle-school/high-school
DJ Parry Hotter
Dance Dance Revolution and Stepmania

oh s**t son, same thing with me hahaha
I was big into ddr, joined the ddr club in high school and got into stepmania
playing high level stepmania introduced me to all kinds of electronic bleep bloops

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff