Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Sweetheart

10,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
For me, I played a certain flash game years ago called Ski Runner. I liked the song from it, so I looked it up and found it on Newgrounds. After listening to it I started to listen to stuff by the same artist, then by other artists on the site. Before I knew it that was basically all I listened to.

In a way, this is the song that got me into Electronic music.

15,525 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I was listening to electronic music back when I was in middle school with such 90s EDM staples such as Eiffel 65's Blue and The Hampster Dance, but I wasn't really into it

I really got into it about sophomore year of high school when I was playing and obsessing over Dance Dance Revolution and Stepmania and what really did me in was this song:

It also got me into DJing and also made me a lifelong listener of the trance musics, but I do dabble into the other genres
New Order and the JAMs

Tipsy Rogue

9,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
I listened happy house/eurodance on the radio as kid because it was what my mother was into. later when I was like 16 or 17 and I was browsing gaia someone here posted nasenbluten in a recommendation thread. I have been hooked on hardcore since then.

Friendly Gaian

11,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
For me it was when I discovered nightcore. (if that counts) I just tried listening to a song one day on youtube to see what it was and just became hooked but then I discovered trance, techno, hardcore, and just any style of electronic music. Now i'm addicted to electronic music in general.

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
DJ Parry Hotter
I was listening to electronic music back when I was in middle school with such 90s EDM staples such as Eiffel 65's Blue and The Hampster Dance, but I wasn't really into it

I really got into it about sophomore year of high school when I was playing and obsessing over Dance Dance Revolution and Stepmania and what really did me in was this song:

It also got me into DJing and also made me a lifelong listener of the trance musics, but I do dabble into the other genres

That one is a good one. I remember listening to that way back.

@OP: For some reason, I can't remember who the artist was, but it was some house music from the late 80s. I didn't know what electronic music was at the time, but there were a few that got me interested. Then there was a great absence of me listening to anything until 2000.

Friendly Friend

when I discovered dark ambient

I left that behind eventually for more matured examples of ambient overall

Interesting Giver

One of the first electronic songs I remember hearing and enjoying was Xpander by Sasha. I remember first hearing a part of it on a commercial for the videogame "Wip3out". I never bought the game, because at the time I didn't have a PSOne.

At that point, I became interested in electronic music. I remember going to my local music store and sampling some of the music they had in their small electronic section. The song that ultimately got me hooked would be "Vega" by Paul van Dyk.

Shameless UFO

I discovered it as a kid, and started buying random electronic CDs at the mall. By the time I was 13, I wanted to be a DJ, and my friend's brother just happened to be one. He was a big inspiration for me and really helped me get into the electronic music scene.

Ladykiller

Was looking for more music to listen to. I drifted away from soft rock, pop, r&b and reggae. My cousin introduced me to some dubstep songs and it lead to electric music on SoundCloud.
Human Cactuar
One of the first electronic songs I remember hearing and enjoying was Xpander by Sasha. I remember first hearing a part of it on a commercial for the videogame "Wip3out". I never bought the game, because at the time I didn't have a PSOne.

You're not the only one. I was familiar with Electronica as early as Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream, (yes, I'm that old), but I never dived too far into it past that until I heard the WipEout soundtrack. The last few years I've finally gotten to collect and play the games, and they're good in and of themselves in addition to their outstanding soundtracks.
I won't lie here. I heard Barbie Girl by Aqua when I was really young (I think I was 8 or 9... it was in 1998 so..) .. and using what the internet had at the time, searched them and found similar artists at the time, learned it was electronic music, dove into other genres that were around at the time... I really began to like Hardcore, Trance, Filter House, and Benni Benassi's take on electro.

Then things like Kazaa and s**t came out and I just searched random terms to find music I was looking for.

And there you have it. This was around 2003 mind you, when I was actually able to hear other music through the internet. I know, Aqua is a bad example, but like I said... I won't lie here.
Got introduced to underrated techno music back in the day by a close friend then i looked more into it cuz i loved it.
When I was in my nightcore phase, I found this guy who did nightcore'd versions of hardstyle songs (I'm not sure if you'd call it electronic, but it's a bit like it with the electronic sounds.). I ended up looking up a ton of hardstyle artists and now it's one of my favorite genres.

xWitchHazel's Husband

Magnetic Gekko

Found electronic music on new grounds too. Was scanning songs and ran into XKore before he became big. Download all his songs on newgrounds... Erh meh gerwd so good. -dies from nostalgia- anyway he was a huge inspiration for me! I started mixing because of him.

I use to be a massive metal head before I was converted lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces