Welcome to Gaia! ::

List of our final 15 contestants are posted!

Our dear Judge; Lord G is on a brief hiatus. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 9 ]
He'll be back soon. In the mean time, the show must go on. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 3 ]
We will be moving to a shiny new thread for episode one. 0.24242424242424 24.2% [ 8 ]
Contestants must PM Teh Paper Bag a short bio ASAP. 0.24242424242424 24.2% [ 8 ]
Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe send a message to your competition ;D 0.15151515151515 15.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1186 1187 1188 > >> >>> »|

User Image
Guild---Facebook--Tinychat---Elimination Room
[PW: yerro]
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬

Welcome to Reality Check Season Two AUDITIONS!
Hosted by Gee with the wonderful judging staff of: Pink, Kisa, and Allmostanyone!
This season we're very excited to announce a top prize of five million gold
and many smaller prizes along the way, this is sure to be an exciting season! But before we can even start thinking about winning prizes, we've got to do our auditions. For those of you new to Reality Check please note that no prizes are awarded during the audition rounds. Auditioning will simply determine our top twenty and help the judges find the many potential wild cards for the season.

There will be four initial audition types which are as follows:

Audition Round One

In this open audition, everyone is invited to join in the competition! Simply scroll down to the audition section, fill out the form, and make sure to express your personality and your desire to compete!
Audition Round Two

Following open auditions, the task will get a bit harder! In this round you'll be assigned a task based on your strongest skills. This will be determined by what you've told us in your round one entry!
Audition Round Three

Be prepared to answer all the judges' questions in this live round of auditions! Meeting in the Reality Check Elimination room you'll be asked a set of meaningful questions by the RC staff as other auditioners and viewers alike watch your every move!
Audition Round Four

Judges Choice! Based on your past performances the Judges will assign you a task to be completed during this audition. The exact details of this task are still a mystery!

Still not sure how the audition process works? Feel free to ask questions IN THE THREAD, please do NOT PM with audition questions.

Actual contest thread is here:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Round 1][Results][Round 2][Results][Round 3][Results][Round 4][Results][---][Funds/Games][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]
Rules
Respect the authority of the judges
Follow the ToS
Don’t steal the banners or ideas of this thread
No page stretching
Do not quote the first page
Do not advertise
Please, stick around and chat :D
Donations to the prize pot are very welcome ;D

Staffing
Staff Applications are now located in the RC Guild

Judges
Gee
I'm nineteen, male, and live in the wonderful state of Michigan. I'm the owner and creator of Reality Check so you better be prepared to impress me.
Pink
Hi, I'm Pink! I'm English, nineteen and a girl. That is all you need to know. KTHXBAI. <3
Kisa
Why hello! I’m the super awesome Canadian known as Kisa, who happens to be an eighteen year old girl with a heart that jumps sporadically at the site of anything cute! Nice to meet ya, eh!

Allmost
Hi I’m Allmostanyone, I’ll be one of your four judges for this season, so let the a** kissing begin and I can only be bribed with real kittens fyi. This bio is too damn short to say more, so hang around to find out more.

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Round 1][Results][Round 2][Results][Round 3][Results][Round 4][Results][---][Funds/Games][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]
Audition
Round One

Hello and welcome to the Reality Check Audition Round One!
This audition is pretty simple, all you need to do is fill out the following form and post it in the thread! Don't be fooled though, the next round will be a bit more challenging and once the competition starts you better not let your guard down!

Please post this form in the thread by May 31, 2011*
*Please note this date may be extended.

[align=center][color=#2BB9FF]
[size=24][b][u]Check Me Out!
This Is A RC Round One Audition![/b][/u][/size][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]About Me:[/b] Tell us about yourself.
[b]Talent:[/b] What are you good at? Be prepared to prove it!
[b]Best:[/b] While you may have many talents, one must be the best. Which is it? ONLY LIST ONE.
[b]Word:[/b] One word that describes you best.
[b]Time:[/b] What time is it currently? What timezone do you live in?
[/align]

Round One
Results
Congrats to the following users who will be competing in Round Two Auditions:
Crispy Flapjacks
snow - kitten101
Froggie Doll.
Jory the Great.
MaiLinna
OMGTMI.
The Chu Chu Train
Pielord3721.
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune
OmgRee
Nostalgic Melody
Phanna
Radeo
m e n a r g e r i e/miss-misanthrope
Mistic Angel Gekkou
Ren Miyazaki
KazeYami
Renny Buttercup
-Candii_Sweet-
Smorgasmorgan
prada gucci chanel oh my
amerikaite
Zombilious
Duodecillion/Tounon Kamiya
Belitos
hippiecolor
qJesse
Kohote-chan
rinlee
Human in C
~Michiko Mint~
Secretly Anonymous
Wild Metamorphosis
fireflyz14
Eternal Rebellion
MidnightAngelFox
n u g a n u g a n u g a
partymonk44
Cajunlullaby
L0ve Lik3 Wo3
Canditoz831
iKawaiiasour
Freckles4d37
Saftey-Pin-Kisses
siti_hajar
The Lonely Donut
Jalin Taiga
TheFemalePhantomhive
La Chocolate Bliss
ArrancarYoruichi
kitsune_bell74
iMishux
Alltred
The Rasmussen
kirashimu
snochan15
Blue Eyed Wallflower
Stealth_Bomber_629
Kenji_Diaz
Twisted Honey O/CupOfThee
Crepu-Jewel

*The judges reserve to make additions to the round two audition lists until June 2nd at 11:59PM EST but we will NOT remove anyone from the list after it has been posted .

Audition
Round Two
For round two auditions, each contestant will have to choose to complete one of the four following auditions. Please note that each contestant only needs to complete one, you may not complete multiple auditions, so choose wisely. Make sure you choose an audition that will truly showcase the best of your talents and prove to the judges that you deserve to move on to the third round of auditions. Following each audition is a form, please fill out the form and post it in this thread. Auditions are due by June 22, 2011.

Audition 2.1: Reality Idol
This is...
Reality Idol!
Hello and welcome to the Reality Check Audition 2.1! By choosing to audition in the Reality Idol round, you're going to have to put your voice to the test! For this round of auditions you're going to be competing against the other users in a good 'ole fashioned singing competition. As with many auditions, this will take place in three parts each part will narrow down our search to find the best talent here on Gaia. The first round is an open audition so anyone may audition and you're welcome to sing any song you would like. There are just a few rules you're going to have to follow.

1. Before singing you must introduce yourself and use your Gaian username. Clearly show the date in written form.
This may be done by writing it on a sheet of paper and holding it up to the camera or even by using a newspaper.
2. You are NOT allowed to alter the sound in any way
3. You MUST sing acapella. This is not optional, you may not use any vocal layering or backing tracks of any sort. It must be your voice only!
4. We must be able to clearly see you the entire time you are singing. Do not turn away from the camera or obstruct visibility of your face in any way.
*If the judges believe you have broken any of the above rules you may be asked to resubmit an entry or you may get disqualified! So please, follow the rules!

[align=center][color=#2BB9FF]
[size=24][b][u]Do, Re, ME![/b][/u][/size][/color]
[b]Describe Yourself:[/b]
[b]Link To Video[/b]
[/align]

Audition 2.2: Artist Check

This is where you've got to show off just how great you are! The judges have chosen three things for you to draw.
You must draw all three, you are free to draw these images in any style or way you like but you must use the pictures provided.
1. This avatar.
2. A Kitten! =D
3. Fruit.

[size=24][color=#85F026][b][u]I Draw Gewd.[/b][/u][/size][/color]
[b]Link To Art:[/b]
[/align]

Audition 2.3: Project TekTek
This is Project TekTek, which is, quite simply, a glorified TekTeking contest. What is TekTeking, you may ask? TekTeking is the process of creating an avatar using TekTek's Dream Avatar Creator. If you would prefer to use Gaia's own avatar system, feel free. However, make sure that you follow all the rules for each task and all required items are used.
This audition, Audtion 2.3, will have a total of three tasks, each more complex than the last.

1. Your first Tektek is going to be a very simple task, just create an avatar using one, or more, pose(s) from the Gogh Reed evolving item.
2. The second Tektek will be just a little bit more complex. Using this base create me an avatar. What? I said only a little more complex.
3. For your third tektek use this new base to create an avatar.
4. The final avatar, this is where it gets tricky! Using a [masculine] male avatar you are to create an avatar representation of yourself; be it cosplay, abstract, symbolic... whatever. But you have to be able to explain it, preferably in detail

[align=center]
[size=24][b][u]OMGOMGOMG Entry for Project TekTek!![/b][/u][/size]
[b]1st TekTek:[/b]
[b]2nd TekTek:[/b]
[b]3rd TekTek:[/b]
[b]4th TekTek:[/b]
[b]Explanation of "you":[/b]
[/align]

Audition 2.4: Extreme Reality Makeover!
Like in any competition, in order to get to the end it is important to be able to mercilessly manipulate the other contestants. If you want to be on top, you have to be able to lie, cheat, and walk all over the other contestants without a single shred of --- Oh….wait, excuse me, this was about PHOTO-manipulation? Oh, well that certainly changes things. (No really, we run a clean organization here.) Now on to business! Welcome to audition 2.4, the stage of auditions for those who have skills using programs like Photoshop/sumopaint/GIMP etc, to manipulate photos and images of all kinds; but more specifically to the every whim of your judges. While technical skill will be considered, this audition is also about creativity.

Pizza Party!

Being involved in Reality Check includes many late nights, working hours on end. Just beyond the point of insanity, what’s better than a late night pizza party to get our energy back and our ideas flowing? But when it comes to pizza, the team of Reality Check can’t order just ANY pizza, now can they? Of course not! They need a deluxe all inclusive Reality Check 5 topping pizza. For open auditions, it is your job to take this image and give it the Reality Check make over it needs to fulfill the taste buds of the Reality Check crazed judges. As stated, it should be a 5 topping pizza, and it’s up to you to be as creative as you can! The pizza should convey to us that it is related to Reality Check, but it should also give us an idea about what you like/who you are.Good luck!

Specifics:
1. You MUST use the image provided for the base of the pizza
2. You may change the background
3. You should give your pizza a fun name
4. The pizza should relate to Reality Check but should also give us a taste of who you are so be sure to incorporate yourself into it as well.
5. You should have 5 different types of toppings (At least. You can do more if you feel it works in your design)
6. The final image must be: 500px by 334 px.
7. This is an example of a final product: This here and I would say something like:

"This pizza shows my personality and creativity because I chose to make it a 'win' pizza and therefore I cleverly included 1st place ribbons, lots of Gaia gold, as well as the avatar of the winner of RC season 1, xShawtyZx. It also shows my creativity because I wanted to show that I could think outside of the box, so rather than just putting the Gaia logo on the pizza to show that Gaia was made of win, I added a cute Kiki kitty sleeping on top of a pizza tripod. Finally, it shows my personality because I really love my country and I have a lot of pride for Canada, so I included Canada flags.

[align=center][size=24][b][u]Can’t Touch This! Entry for Extreme Reality Makeover![/b][/u][/size]
[b]Describe Yourself:[/b]
[b]How Does Your Pizza Show Your Personality and Creativity:[/b]
[b]If You Had to Name Your Pizza, What Would It Be:[/b]
[b]Link To Your Final Product:[/b]
[/align]

Round Two
Results
Congrats to the following users who will be competing in Round Three Auditions:

ArrancarYoruichi
Blue Eyed Wallflower
Cajunlullaby
Crispy Flapjacks
CupOfThee
Eternal Rebellion
Fireflyz14
Froggie Doll
Human in C Major
Kitsunebell74
MidnightAngelFox
OMGTMI
Phanna
Pielord3721
rinlee
siti_hajar
Smorgasmorgan
snow-kitten101
The Chu Chu Train
TheFemalePhantomhive
Tounon Kamiya
Wild Metamorphosis

[The above list is in no particular order alphabetised.]
*The judges reserve to make additions to the round three audition lists until June 27th at 11:59PM EDT but we will NOT remove anyone from the list after it has been posted .

Audition
Round Three!

The third round of auditions will occur live at Gee's House in Towns.
Please show up at one of the following times, please be there promptly at the start time.
Be prepared to answer questions about yourself and this contest.

Audition Schedule
June 27, 2011 at 11PM EDT
June 28, 2011 at 10AM EDT
June 28, 2011 at 5PM EDT

June 29, 2011 at 9AM EDT
June 29, 2011 at 11PM EDT
June 30, 2011 at 10AM EDT

Round Three
Results
Congratulations to the following users, you are our top fifteen!

ArrancarYoruichi
Blue Eyed Wallflower
Cajunlullaby
Crispy Flapjacks
Eternal Rebellion
Fireflyz14
Froggie Doll
MidnightAngelFox
Phanna
Pielord3721
rinlee
snow-kitten101
TheFemalePhantomhive
Tounon Kamiya
Wild Metamorphosis

[The above list is alphabetised.]
A new thread for the actual contest and the very first episode will be up on Friday.
[Please note, that while we have decided to have a top fifteen instead of a twenty the prize has not changed, and any eliminated contestants are able to be wildcards.]

Audition
Round Four!

Reality Check number one! There is no round four for this audition process!
As the contest progresses you will receive "Reality Checks" in most, if not all, of the challenges to make you work harder, and think outside of the box!

Round Four
Results

Coming Soon!

---
---

---

Funds

For information on our current funds see The RC2 Fundraiser Thread

Games

1. First person to post on page 100, 200, 300 etc. wins 10k
Must PM Lordy Gee to claim prize.
*May not be won by the same user twice in a row.

2. When Lordy Gee Posts the following image in the thread, be the first to quote it and you win 20k
User Image

Links In

[url=http://tinyurl.com/4m5n56b][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2i10l3.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/4m5n56b][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2mg3zk.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/4m5n56b][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/28kj89j.gif[/img][/url]

Links Out

PM Teh Paper Bag to request affiliation.

Wait!
You Don't Know About Reality Check!?

Reality Check is Gaia's hottest reality show. Now in its second season, the show is bigger and better with more auditions and higher prizes than ever before! After auditions, each episode will last anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks, and you will always have a minimum of 24 hours between episodes.

Each episode will focus on a single challenge. The "Challenge" is the main task the contestants will be focusing on for that episode, it can be anything. Examples include Photoshopping, Tekteking, Live Activities [In Towns, Rally, VH, etc.], music, art and many more that are so secret I can't even hint towards their existence!

Another part of the episode is the "REALITY CHECK" this is essentially a curve-ball for the contestants. The REALITY CHECK can be anything from loss of a teammate, to the addition [or subtraction] of criteria [good or bad] from the Challenge.

At the end of the Challenge, the judges [and any guest judges] will do what we do best. JUDGE. After the judging is the LIVE "Check In" [And for one poor contestant its a "Check OUT"] in which we will announce the TOP THREE and the BOTTOM THREE players for the Challenge. At this point we will determine who will be leaving the competition and who was the strongest contestant for the episode.

The winning contestant for the episode will be awarded the CHALLENGE PRIZE, unless s/he decides to take a peek behind one of our curtains. At the Check In, you will notice that there are TWO curtains placed in the room. Curtain Number One and Curtain Number Two. Yes, what original names we have here at Reality Check. Anyways, the winner that round may cast aside his/her prize for whats behind ONE of the two curtains. They could contain ANYTHING at all. Prizes may be worth more/less than the original prize or it may even give the winner a competitive edge in the competition. The worst thing what could happen is RUSSIAN ROULETTE.

In RUSSIAN ROULETTE the contestant will pick a number [1-6] and then I will post a random number [1-6] in the thread using Gaia's random number generator. If the generator lands on the contestant's number, s/he is ELIMINATED from the contest.

But, if you get eliminated [Or don't make it through auditions] You should STAY ACTIVE in the thread. EVERYONE who is active in the thread, has the chance of being added into the competition as a WILD CARD. Well guys, I think thats everything I can tell you for now, so good luck auditioning and I can't wait to see you all on the first episode of REALITY CHECK.

FAQ

Q. Can I submit multiple auditions?
A. No. One audition will be sufficient.

Q. May I audition from a mule?
A. Although technically we can't stop you, please audition only with your main account.

Q. I auditioned with the initial audition styles [Idol, Artist, Tektek, or Photomanip], now that the audition has been changed, what do I do?
A. As a favor to the staff, please fill out the current form. For being amazing and completing the initial "confusing" or "difficult" audition process, you're automatically going to be accepted into round two of auditions.

Q. I prepared an audition for [Idol/Tektek/Artist/Photomanip] Now what do I do with it since those auditions have been removed?
A. Hold on to it! Its going to be useful for the second round of auditions!

Thank You!

Stoplook Gerenuk - Thank you for making the banner to this thread and many others. Also for keeping Gee sane for the entire first season.
Pink, Kisa, and Allmost - Thanks judging along side Gee.

Memories

No memories yet! The thread is still a baby! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff