Welcome to Gaia! ::

"This is nice," Callie said, wrapping her fingers around the steaming cup, not drinking it yet. "Maybe tomorrow we could go out after you get off work? As friends. I could pack a picnic or something, I make a mean sandwich if that sounds okay to you."
Ashton watched her for a moment, just staring at her. He shrugged his shoulders a bit. It beat going straight home after work. Maybe this was what Darian wanted..for him to have a life again. "That sounds nice."
Callie beamed, "Awesome, I can't wait. I'll make you speghetti or something! My sauce is just amazing. Everyone says that it's the best they've ever had." She finally sipped at her hot chocolate, "So tonight? You can come over when you get off." She grabbed a napkin and wrote down her address.
Ashton blinked a few time at that. He wasn't expecting it to be so soon, but he did't have the heart to turn her down, so he just nodded. "Guess what I learned recently," he said, glancing over at Callie and tilting his head to the side a bit.
That you're straight and want me? Callie kept her lips pressed together tightly to keep those words from coming out of her mouth. She smiled curiously, "What did you learn?" she asked him, really wanting to know. Even though she didn't know Ashton well she still saw him as a good friend, since she didn't have many friends.
"Apparently, Darian hasn't moved on," Ashton said, letting out a small breath as he glanced over at Callie. He wondered if Darian was here, watching him..watching them. He really wished he knew what was going on with his soul. "And I don't know what's keeping him here, exactly..."
That was not what she had expected. Callie just blinked at him. "Is he waiting for you to be happy again?" She asked, cocking her head slightly, "or maybe he wants you to find your soul mate." She wouldn't know why a soul would be staying here to follow a person but for that reason.
"I don't know if Darian would want me to find my soul mate. He knows I've been gay since I was a child," Ashton muttered, shrugging his shoulders a little bit at her. "Maybe he just wants me to be happy. I've been really trying. I'm notsure what else to do."
Callie tried very hard not t be disappointed by that and forced a smile. "Maybe he wants you to find another boyfriend and be happy with him," she offered, raising a brow. She didn't know darian at all, but just throwing out random guesses of what the man might want was kind of...sad. "You could try communing with him."
"I'm told he can't be heard or seen. I've tried talking to him. No luck," Ashton muttered, letting out a small breath as he looked over at the girl for a moment. "I don't know what to do," he said, shrugging his shoulders a little bit. "Anyway. I'm sorry..."
Callie cocked her head slightly again, "You can't see or hear him but maybe someone that can actually see the dead would be able to." She gave him a big grin, "My mother is one of the few who can because she died and came back. I could take you over there tonight instead of having dinner."
Ashton shook his head a little bit at her. "No, I already promised to have dinner with you. We can go see her after or tomorrow," he said, nodding his head a little bit with a small smile. "It'll be okay. He'll move on when he thinks I'm ready...." He hoped so anyway.
Callie studied Ashton carefully for a moment, "Are you sure?" she asked softly. "I know how much you loved him, Ashton. I also know that souls that are still in this world hurt. Every minute of every day." She brought a strand of hair over one shoulder, stroking the locks, "All I want is for you to be better."
Ashton looked over at her and reached over to pat her hand gently. "I know," he whispered softly as he watched her carefully. "It's...not my fault he is staying here, Callie..." he told her, even though it hurt his heart a little bit to say those words. "I want him to not hurt, I do."
She smiled faintly, putting her hand over his so that his was sandwhiched between her own. "I'm sorry that he is in pain, Ashton. We can go after we eat tonight. Promise." Callie gently scratched his knuckles, "That way it'll pass sooner for him."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff