17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Alexander J Luthor
Bokee Gngr
Alexander J Luthor
Bokee Gngr
Nope not desperate or trying to save face only pointing out your obvious lack of understanding of even your own words. Nice try but it is clear that you don't even know what you believe and therefore can't have an intelligent discussion about it.
wow, haven't seen an argument this trashy in a while. If you're not ready to defend your assertion don't even bother speaking out. You do everyone who happens to believe the same thing you do a great disservice. Though really at this point you're only further proving the bigoted, ignorant, childish and all around hatefully uneducated portrait that hangs in the house of everyone like you.

WoW! So supporting gay rights is now considered hateful, uneducated and bigoted?!?
don't even try to go back to that. You threw yourself into the woodpile. You may have said that once or twice, but you asserted FAAAAAAAAR MORE OFTEN that people only deserve the rights they're give, because ******** equality, right? What two consenting adults do should be their neighbor's decision and the government should butt out. To say being gay is a sin after claiming to support them is like punching a hole in someone's life raft.

Come back when you learn how to read posts...

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lulamoon Sage
Bokee Gngr

WoW! So supporting gay rights is now considered hateful, uneducated and bigoted?!?
Wait...what? You were supporting gay rights by incorrectly citing homosexuality as the reason for the outcome of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? How does that work? Do you also support human rights by advocating for the worldwide institution of Sharia law?

Go back and look at the posts. You're failing to see the beginning of the whole conversations.

Tipsy Smoker

crystalpraise
Chahklet
crystalpraise
Chahklet
I'm a Christian and I used to be against gay marriage but that was ******** stupid of me. It's none of my business. And I believe perhaps God would allow for it now. He's changed his mind before.

Darling I don't know what u mean but God doesn't change his mind ,don't be conformed to the world because u get comfortable with sinful lifestyles❤
Things he changed his mind about:
1. Animal Sacrifices
2. Work on the Sabbath
3. Israel being his chosen people
4. Slavery is wrong
5. Incest
6. We can eat pork and other meats
7. Etc.

He did not change his mind on those things he had his only son die on the cross for our sins so that he could be the bridge between us and God and he NEVER approved of slavery don't let people tell u that it's a lie❤
I don't let people tell me anything. I read this all for myself. Would you like me to quote everything directly?

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bokee Gngr
Alexander J Luthor
Bokee Gngr
Alexander J Luthor
Bokee Gngr
Nope not desperate or trying to save face only pointing out your obvious lack of understanding of even your own words. Nice try but it is clear that you don't even know what you believe and therefore can't have an intelligent discussion about it.
wow, haven't seen an argument this trashy in a while. If you're not ready to defend your assertion don't even bother speaking out. You do everyone who happens to believe the same thing you do a great disservice. Though really at this point you're only further proving the bigoted, ignorant, childish and all around hatefully uneducated portrait that hangs in the house of everyone like you.

don't even try to go back to that. You threw yourself into the woodpile. You may have said that once or twice, but you asserted FAAAAAAAAR MORE OFTEN that people only deserve the rights they're give, because ******** equality, right? What two consenting adults do should be their neighbor's decision and the government should butt out. To say being gay is a sin after claiming to support them is like punching a hole in someone's life raft.

Sure! I'll have access to a real computer today and I'd really enjoy watching you choke on your own words.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Chahklet
crystalpraise
Chahklet
crystalpraise
Chahklet
I'm a Christian and I used to be against gay marriage but that was ******** stupid of me. It's none of my business. And I believe perhaps God would allow for it now. He's changed his mind before.

Darling I don't know what u mean but God doesn't change his mind ,don't be conformed to the world because u get comfortable with sinful lifestyles❤
1. Animal Sacrifices
2. Work on the Sabbath
4. Slavery is wrong
5. Incest
7. Etc.

He did not change his mind on those things he had his only son die on the cross for our sins so that he could be the bridge between us and God and he NEVER approved of slavery don't let people tell u that it's a lie❤
I don't let people tell me anything. I read this all for myself. Would you like me to quote everything directly?
you know, I'm always forgetting about the animal sacrifice thing. Tons of sheep, especially lambs, given to god. I mean s**t some guy was gonna sacrifice his SON so god wouldn't hate or punish him. That's a trust exercise right out of a cult. There's also the Jews in Egypt killing spring lambs and spreading the blood across their thresholds as protection from God's wrath. That's also a noted sacrifice and sign of devotion. Meaning that, had there been slave families who missed that memo, they would have lost their first born as well.

It's just weird because people nowadays act like that was strictly a pagan thing.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
crystalpraise
To understand God you must open up your spiritual ears
Prove that "spiritual ears" exist, and I'll entertain this notion further. Until then, I'll be treating it as the pathetic handwave that it is.

Now, actually explain how God is supposed to be "the most loving being ever" in spite of him ordering his people to annihilate cities full of men, women, and children (including unborn ones), not once, not twice, not three times, nor four, or five, or six, or even seven or eight, but nine times.

Tell me how it sounds to your "spiritual ears" when God says such things as "leave none alive which breathe", "utterly destroy the young and old alike, showing them no mercy", and "tear open their pregnant women".
crystalpraise
from all the stories of the old testament you mentioned you obviously have no revelation of Satan and an understanding that people were not under grace in the old covenant...
You should really stop using the word "obvious" when referring to other peoples' views, because it's abundantly clear that you're either obtusely or deliberately missing the points I'm making.

Case in point: What does my "revelation of Satan" and people of the Old Covenant not being "under Grace" have to do with...

* a lady's twins flip-flopping in the middle of labor?
    * getting striped cattle by having their parents look at striped sticks while breeding?
    * God ordering his people to murder an entire society?
    * "light" existing before there was a source for it?
    * day and night existing before the Sun?
    * plants existing before the Sun?
    * how Noah, his family, and all the animals could breathe at an elevation above 29,000'?
    * how Noah, his family, and all the animals didn't freeze to death in the 1.4°F temperatures at 29,000'?
    * how, based on the measurements in the Bible, each species of animal on the Ark was supposed to have fit into 1.5 of space?

The answer is, of course, nothing. Satan and Grace have nothing to do with anything I said, and your response is a complete red herring.

Now, if you'd like to, we can talk about contradictions and woo in the New Testament, since that way you can't use Grace or whatever as an excuse. Just let me know, and I can give you a list of the numerous problematic things in the Nativity narrative alone, and then we can move on from there. Though we both know that you won't treat anything I say with the amount of intellectual honesty necessary to fill a thimble, I'm still plenty willing to post it for the sake of everyone else who will read it.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Arcoon Effox
Though we both know that you won't treat anything I say with the amount of intellectual honesty necessary to fill a thimble, I'm still plenty willing to post it for the sake of everyone else who will read it.

by all means, do
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
Morbid Gnome
How are stars supposed to fall to Earth? Why does (Revelation) talk like the Earth is flat?
The reason you don't understand is because you have to read Revelation with your spiritual understandinginess while you're loving God. I blame your lack of Biblical upbringing and/or education for you knowing such things.

Anyway, the reason why the stars will fall is obvious. It's because they're hung like christmas ornaments on the dome covering the Earth that separates us from the endless waters beyond it. When God shakes the pillars that the Earth sits on, it'll rattle them loose and they'll fall. Here's a diagram, because I know reading lots of words is just sooooo tiring...
User Image

(...but seriously; that's what Biblical Cosmology says the world and the universe look like... which means that anyone who believes that the Bible is infallible believes in this.)
Morbid Gnome
...we know of civilizations that existed prior to 4,000 BC.
Beer is older than that, too.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
Alexander J Luthor
Arcoon Effox
Though we both know that you won't treat anything I say with the amount of intellectual honesty necessary to fill a thimble, I'm still plenty willing to post it for the sake of everyone else who will read it.

by all means, do
I was going to include them in the post itself, but I don't want to get further away from the topic unless she really wants to go there. (That said, I'm already compiling stuff from some old notes...)

Maybe I should start a thread for this in M&R, though...

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
crystalpraise
Chahklet
crystalpraise
Chahklet

1. Animal Sacrifices
2. Work on the Sabbath
4. Slavery is wrong
5. Incest
7. Etc.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 has the Son of God making an altogether different statement.

Furthermore, Colossians 3:22 and other verses seem to be contradictory about God's attitude towards slavery.
Either God changes his mind or he's schizophrenic.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Alexander J Luthor
Bokee Gngr
Alexander J Luthor
Bokee Gngr
Alexander J Luthor
Bokee Gngr

Sure! I'll have access to a real computer today and I'd really enjoy watching you choke on your own words.

Cool, make sure you know what you're talking about when you return.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Arcoon Effox
Alexander J Luthor
Arcoon Effox

by all means, do
I was going to include them in the post itself, but I don't want to get further away from the topic unless she really wants to go there. (That said, I'm already compiling stuff from some old notes...)

Maybe I should start a thread for this in M&R, though...

that would actually be a fun read, but you can count on those pious souls here not showing up for the challenge. I'm a little pissed off right now. My computer was mia today so I didn't have a chance to make thar post compilation. ******** using this tablet, chances are it would freeze up like it has been doing...

Shade

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Arcoon Effox
crystalpraise
To understand God you must open up your spiritual ears
Prove that "spiritual ears" exist, and I'll entertain this notion further. Until then, I'll be treating it as the pathetic handwave that it is.

Now, actually explain how God is supposed to be "the most loving being ever" in spite of him ordering his people to annihilate cities full of men, women, and children (including unborn ones), not once, not twice, not three times, nor four, or five, or six, or even seven or eight, but nine times.

Tell me how it sounds to your "spiritual ears" when God says such things as "leave none alive which breathe", "utterly destroy the young and old alike, showing them no mercy", and "tear open their pregnant women".
crystalpraise
from all the stories of the old testament you mentioned you obviously have no revelation of Satan and an understanding that people were not under grace in the old covenant...
You should really stop using the word "obvious" when referring to other peoples' views, because it's abundantly clear that you're either obtusely or deliberately missing the points I'm making.

Case in point: What does my "revelation of Satan" and people of the Old Covenant not being "under Grace" have to do with...

* a lady's twins flip-flopping in the middle of labor?
    * getting striped cattle by having their parents look at striped sticks while breeding?
    * God ordering his people to murder an entire society?
    * "light" existing before there was a source for it?
    * day and night existing before the Sun?
    * plants existing before the Sun?
    * how Noah, his family, and all the animals could breathe at an elevation above 29,000'?
    * how Noah, his family, and all the animals didn't freeze to death in the 1.4°F temperatures at 29,000'?
    * how, based on the measurements in the Bible, each species of animal on the Ark was supposed to have fit into 1.5 of space?

The answer is, of course, nothing. Satan and Grace have nothing to do with anything I said, and your response is a complete red herring.

Now, if you'd like to, we can talk about contradictions and woo in the New Testament, since that way you can't use Grace or whatever as an excuse. Just let me know, and I can give you a list of the numerous problematic things in the Nativity narrative alone, and then we can move on from there. Though we both know that you won't treat anything I say with the amount of intellectual honesty necessary to fill a thimble, I'm still plenty willing to post it for the sake of everyone else who will read it.

❤❤❤You know I could "logically"explain a lot of things to you Atheist but the foundation of your disbelief is fickle and I refuse to entertain shallow mindedness... The world isn't logical,people aren't logical,love isn't logical...And yet people refuse to believe in God because they say he isn't logical? SMH 💔

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
crystalpraise
❤❤❤You know I could "logically"explain a lot of things to you Atheist but the foundation of your disbelief is fickle and I refuse to entertain shallow mindedness... The world isn't logical,people aren't logical,love isn't logical...And yet people refuse to believe in God because they say he isn't logical? SMH 💔

Ladies and gents! The easiest way to prove whether or not a devout Christian has really read the bible: ask them basic questions based on the content. If they completely divert, you may have a splinter in your hand and a fringe on your sleeve.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff