Welcome to Gaia! ::

LynnVamp
I feel sorry for the average Joe and Jane in NK. Treated like mushrooms (fed bullcrap and kept in the dark), and their leadership is deadly serious (emphasis on deadly) about keeping up some tough-guy, yet happy go lucky, peaceful facade.

It must be pretty tiresome to live through day to day, especially if you happen to be one of the many that sees through the bunkum, but fears for their lives too much to show it.

Why don't we do so-- oh yeah... does NK have oil?

hmmm. good question there, vamp.
makes me wonder what kind of fuel the cars there are using.

Vampiric Vampire

14,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Friendly 100
TEZKA5
LynnVamp
I feel sorry for the average Joe and Jane in NK. Treated like mushrooms (fed bullcrap and kept in the dark), and their leadership is deadly serious (emphasis on deadly) about keeping up some tough-guy, yet happy go lucky, peaceful facade.

It must be pretty tiresome to live through day to day, especially if you happen to be one of the many that sees through the bunkum, but fears for their lives too much to show it.

Why don't we do so-- oh yeah... does NK have oil?

hmmm. good question there, vamp.
makes me wonder what kind of fuel the cars there are using.

I think they have a limited trading partner in China (though begrudgingly, If I remember correctly), so there could be some middle-eastern countries willing to sell oil to them.

Heck, a car could run on anything that burns/heats/boils/whatever as long as the engine is made to support it.
it also makes me wonder how the cars are maintained there.
where do they get engine oil and where do they get parts like spark plugs, timing belts, etc.?

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Could you imagine if North Korea, finally cornered into a wall, decides to pull out the purple Kool Aid and just kills every single North Korean so that there's no more person yet to save? Yeah, it's messed up, but North Korea really is messed up.
Mitsuki Horenake
Could you imagine if North Korea, finally cornered into a wall, decides to pull out the purple Kool Aid and just kills every single North Korean so that there's no more person yet to save? Yeah, it's messed up, but North Korea really is messed up.

because they fear the nk military. xp
i have a feeling they were forced to cry when kim il sung and kim jong il died.

Bashful Browser

13,975 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Oh North Korea. You so silly. 4laugh

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
TEZKA5
Mitsuki Horenake

because they fear the nk military. xp
i have a feeling they were forced to cry when kim il sung and kim jong il died.

It's like Xenu, dear. We all know that.
North korea used selfdestruct blaugh

Hilarious Raider

My farts are more devastating than North Korean warheads.
Kim jong is prob readin this thread right now. thinkin to himself " Mhm... gaia members.... saying i am not capable.... thinking i am a joke" MWUAH MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Next invention to roll out of NK, "tactical-like nuclear-ish rock"
xXFurygeistXx
The people over there are so freaking brainwashed...it's sad, really. North Korea is more of a cult than a country. Even the leaders believe the hype after so many years of drinking the DPRK Koolaid. Kim Jong Il was probably the last one who still had the ability to think on his own, even if all his thoughts were ******** evil as s**t.

Some are, some aren't.

Most defectors have pointed out that a good number of people just don't argue with the propaganda what with not wanting to die.
TEZKA5

i have a feeling they were forced to cry when kim il sung.

Kim Il Sung was actually quite popular, what with leading the country through a time of economic prosperity and strength, when they were rich Korea.

Kim Jong Il on the other hand?
You know... What I've always found interesting about North Korea is their depiction of America/Americans.

I've always gotten the impression that they have no idea that America advanced beyond the year 1960.

I've always just assumed it's simply old propaganda, or depicting the Korean War.

Recently I took a gander at a North Korean comic set in the Bush Era.

Ignoring the fact that I could barely identify Bush, he was so ******** 50s, from his haircut to his suit, I got to a very interesting page with Americans captured by Jihadists or some s**t.

Wearing Korean War era uniforms and guns....

I almost want a war just to see what their propaganda leaflets they bombard enemy soldiers with.

I'm guessing they would be a complete failure due to outmoded slang/imagery. Say what you will, but at least in the Korean War, they seemed to have some handle on American culture in their propaganda.

As I say, I always chalked it up to "It's all about the Korean War for them." but then I see what seems to be a depiction of the wars in the Middle East starring Americans in Korean War era garb.

I swear, if I could ask a North Korean/Defector one question, that'd be it, if the American Soldier a young, patriotic North Korean boy would dream of fighting is dressed in little more than a green tunic and a helmet and carrying an M1 Carbine, a Sherman M4 rolling along behind him.

The only real counterbalance I have seen is Squirrel and Hedgehog where the Wolf-Mericans are just this ******** bi-polar horde of anachronism. One frame, 1950s, the next frame, 2050s, and in one or two jaw-dropping (Given the precedent) monuments, surprisingly contemporary. Seriously, I would say anyone who has an interest in North Korea should watch this show (Ep 20 - 32, the earlier ones aren't as amusing.) it's freaking fascinating.

******** head-trip, I tell ya.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces