Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astral Body Falling Dream
What would you accept as proof?

The real learning anything comes from personal experience.

Which is just a fancy way of saying that there is no proof, right, troll?
writercxvii

No it's an accurate statement about the value of personal experience in relation to Gnosis.

Proof in the common conception of the word is not plausible; how can one define and describe the highest modality (god) with a Lesser Modality (words)
Rookherst[KOS]
writercxvii

No it's an accurate statement about the value of personal experience in relation to Gnosis.

Proof in the common conception of the word is not plausible; how can one define and describe the highest modality (god) with a Lesser Modality (words)

It probably would've been more accurate to say that that was a fancy way for the troll to say he has no proof other than his "I'm right you're wrong" routine.
writercxvii

It probably would've been more accurate to say that that was a fancy way for the troll to say he has no proof other than his "I'm right you're wrong" routine.

Not really, just as I did in my post he Prefaced it with "What would you accept as proof"
Rookherst[KOS]
writercxvii

Not really, just as I did in my post he Prefaced it with "What would you accept as proof"

Yes, but he's been saying that God just is, anyone who doesn't believe is a retard, and he's right and everyone else is wrong in other religious threads. He's a troll.
writercxvii
Rookherst[KOS]
writercxvii

Yes, but he's been saying that God just is, anyone who doesn't believe is a retard, and he's right and everyone else is wrong in other religious threads. He's a troll.

This post, however, posed a valid question. It is not a trollish post and to reach immediately for the harshest interpretation does not speak well of you.
Anarchist Miracle
writercxvii
Rookherst[KOS]
writercxvii

This post, however, posed a valid question. It is not a trollish post and to reach immediately for the harshest interpretation does not speak well of you.

You'll have to forgive me. He insulted me in a recent post of his, and I'm not to quick to cool off.
writercxvii
Anarchist Miracle
writercxvii
Rookherst[KOS]
writercxvii

You'll have to forgive me. He insulted me in a recent post of his, and I'm not to quick to cool off.

Ego te absolvo. Go in peace.

And I did see his "Christians are better than you" thread.

Romantic Gaian

My science teacher told me that there simply had to be someone there to "create the energy that made the light". Someone had to be behind it all, because if there was practically nothing in the beginning... ahh, I dunno if I'm going anywhere with this. x3
Spirit of Kaoru
My science teacher told me that there simply had to be someone there to "create the energy that made the light". Someone had to be behind it all, because if there was practically nothing in the beginning... ahh, I dunno if I'm going anywhere with this. x3

I'm afraid your science teacher is wrong.

If you call reading a book a personal experience then yes. If you mean a personal experience in the sense of a 'gut' feeling, then there is hardly much certainty in that.
Im not saying prove he exists im saying convince me.
Anarchist Miracle
writercxvii
Anarchist Miracle
writercxvii
Rookherst[KOS]
writercxvii

Ego te absolvo. Go in peace.

And I did see his "Christians are better than you" thread.

Actually, after cooling off, I've now got a valid response to his post.

Saying that proof can only be obtained through personal experirence is like saying "I have proof. But I can't show it to you. You're just gonna have to take my word for it that there is proof. But, if you do take my word for it, you too can find proof that you won't be able to show anybody." Furthermore, if one were to claim that thier life were proof of the existence of a god, I could just as easily claim that my life was proof that there wasn't. So, "proof can only be obtained through personal experience", while quite valid, is an extremely shaky base.
Try being apathetic about some things in life.

Your posts will get a lot farther.

Especially in the GD.
in order to be christian you need to have at least an ounce of faith

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out