Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Streaker

11,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Hi guys,

Out of curiousity what is everyone's favorite food? What country is it from?

My personal favorite is probably Curry from Senegal heart heart heart

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Banh cuon from my family's former homeland Vietnam

Supreme Hunter

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Piroshky!

It's Russian.

Sparkling Streaker

11,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sakura Latte
Banh cuon from my family's former homeland Vietnam

My great grandmother is Vietnamese so my father's family owns a restaurant, I really like cio gio

Snuggly Blob

Okonomiyaki is my absolute favorite food! It's Japanese.

And no restaurant that I've found in my state sells it. emo I miss it so much!

Sparkling Streaker

11,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Shimo Kousetsu

I know how you feel crying

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Shimo Kousetsu

you could always try making it at home. c:

Snuggly Blob

Sakura Latte
Shimo Kousetsu

you could always try making it at home. c:
Ah, I've definitely done that! c: I love cooking, so I've definitely tried!

The biggest thing that is missing from it when I do that though is the sauce; I've found bottles of okonomiyaki sauce at Asian grocery stores, and I've tried making it myself, but both have tasted a far cry from the "real deal" that I've had.

The base food itself is pretty simple (and very customizeable with fillings!), but the sauce and kewpie mayo really give the dish personality. emotion_drool
짜정면 (Jjajeongmyeon). It's Korean. Unfortunately I've never been able to actually go to Korea and have it, but I bet it's amazing.
kristinat0rz
짜정면 (Jjajeongmyeon). It's Korean. Unfortunately I've never been able to actually go to Korea and have it, but I bet it's amazing.

If you're lucky, there may be a Korean restaurant near you that has this dish. There's a Korean restaurant (run by actual Korean people and not other Asians simply running a Korean restaurant) where I live that serves this dish. It's not the best, but it's decent.
Kim Pil-Suk
kristinat0rz

If you're lucky, there may be a Korean restaurant near you that has this dish. There's a Korean restaurant (run by actual Korean people and not other Asians simply running a Korean restaurant) where I live that serves this dish. It's not the best, but it's decent.

Yes, my friend's mom actually own a Korean restaurant (they're Korean) and that is where I eat it ^^

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
takoyaki from japan
and vindaloo curry from india
and haggis from scotland. i'm from scotland but it's a 'different country' if you're not, obviously >__>
i live in korea now and my favourite food here is 순대 (sundae)~ but maybe because it has similarities with haggis, i guess
Baklava from Greece emotion_drool
Shimo Kousetsu

The biggest thing that is missing from it when I do that though is the sauce; I've found bottles of okonomiyaki sauce at Asian grocery stores, and I've tried making it myself, but both have tasted a far cry from the "real deal" that I've had.

The base food itself is pretty simple (and very customizeable with fillings!), but the sauce and kewpie mayo really give the dish personality. emotion_drool
How's kewpie mayo different from regular?

Snuggly Blob

Fieldpainting
Shimo Kousetsu

How's kewpie mayo different from regular?
It tends to be smoother (less chunky than standard mayo), and there are some flavor differences. Off the top of my head it seems to have a little more tang to it, there are a few different spices, and I'm pretty sure some MSG and dashi are added.

Unless you super duper care, regular mayo is fine. I just happen to have been converted to the school of kewpie mayo! All the little subtle differences make a pretty big difference to me. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff