Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image

Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by to find out about the Writers Guild of Gaia! WGoG has been around and helping aspiring writers since 2008! Now, after years of silence, WGoG is coming back.

WGoG is not just for writers though; we also welcome artists, musicians, role players, gamers, and just about anyone else. WGoG is about encouraging and helping everyone to become better writers. You can get help with a story your writing, you can join a role play, you can even request help for that english paper that has been sitting on your desk. We're a community, a family, and we want you to join us!

Navigation:
1 - Introduction
2 - Get to know the guild
3 - How to Join
4 - WGoG Contest/giveaway
5 - Banners

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageGet to Know the Guild

User ImageAbout our Crew:
The first thing you need to know about the guild is that it is in the process of growing! With each new member we can make the guild even better then it already is. Each member will be able to influence and change things within the guild so that they can be as comfortable and happy as possible. That being said we have a wonderful Crew in the guild to help each member.

Ethril the Dragon Mother is the Captain, Owner, and Founder of WGoG. It was her dream to create a place where people could go to stretch their creative minds.

Shanra the Dragon Bard is the wonderful and dedicated Vice Captain of WGoG. Shanra has been with the guild since the beginning. She's here to help everyone feel welcome.

Come get to know the rest of the Crew in WGoG! Each Crew member is here to help other members feel welcome and comfortable. You could even become a Crew Member one day if you wanted; the only requirement to be a Crew member is to be active and dedicated to the guild!

User Image Our Forums!
We have a variety of forums for you to browse and post in! Each forum is unique and specialized so you can find exactly what you want. There are forums for stories, poetry, role plays, art, NaNoWriMo, and even contests. Each forum is moderated by one of our Crew Members so you will have someone to go to if you have questions, comments, or concerns about the forum. Post and read tutorials, share your stories and art, and participate in contests and events! You can even find games in the forums that you can join in on! You never know what you'll find in the WGoG forums!

User ImageWhat You'll Find in the Guild:
Contests, games, events, discussions, tutorials, stories, role plays, the list goes on and on! There is so much planned for the guild that you'll never get bored. You can even sit back and enjoy one of the many stories that have been posted in the guild. Not only will you find things to do, but you'll also find people to spend time with! WGoG is all about being a community so you'll always have someone to talk to somewhere in the guild!

You'll also find rules and guidelines within the guild; just as you'll find them just about anywhere. Our rules and guidelines are simple and easy to understand. They're there to help you from being confused and to help keep things organized.

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
How To Join WGoGUser Image

Membership is open to anyone that wants to join! Just follow these easy steps when applying to join and when you're accepted be prepared to have a wonderful time with the current members of WGoG.

User Image When applying please submit 2 paragraphs. These paragraphs can be an explanation as to why you want to join, an excerpt from something you've written, or even a role play sample. Remember that 1 paragraph consists of 5 well developed sentences.

The reason we want 2 paragraphs is because WGoG is in fact a literate guild. We welcome everyone, but we want to make sure you're actually serious about joining!

User Image Make sure you have correct spelling and grammar when applying. Spelling and grammar are very important when you're a writer. An occasional mistake is acceptable, everyone makes mistakes after all wink , but excessive mistakes are distracting for everyone.

User Image Once you've submitted your application a Crew Member will look over it. If everything is in order you'll be accepted and will be able to join in on the fun! If you aren't accepted you'll be told why so that you can reapply. Don't worry to much if you're not accepted the first time; it just means you have room to improve! Improvement is always a good thing!

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageWGoG Contest and Giveaway

Every month we will have a new contest here in the recruitment thread! The contest will always be different and there will always be an amazing prize for you to win! The prize could be gold or an item. Make sure to come back often to see any update on the contest! Some contests may cost gold so that amazing prizes can be purchased, just be aware of this fact.

Giveaways will change as the prizes are won. Giveaways are always free and the prizes are random. Giveaways will vary between random dice games, random number games, bump counts, and various games.

Contest for July 20-August 29

For this contest we're going to go retro! In celebration of the revival of WGoG we're having a very special Avi Contest. This avi contest is going to take you back to the the days where there weren't many premium items and you had to be extra creative to get exactly the look you wanted!

What does all that mean you ask? It means we're going old school! For this avi contest you can only use items from 2008 and earlier. You can use as many items as you want, but don't use anything from after 2008.

Because this will be the first contest for this new recruitment thread it'll be free! Just sign up to participate. In the future some contests may cost some gold in order to afford great prizes.

Let's have some rules:

gaia_star 1 entry per person, every other week. That means 3 entries per person!
(entry 1 between July 20 - August 2)
(entry 2 between August 3 - August 16)
(entry 3 between August 17 - August 29)

gaia_star Only use items from 2008 or earlier.

gaia_star You can use any hair and/or eyes from Salon Durem.

gaia_star You may use any of the skin types/potions from Skin tyte only because I know they cost gold and some people might not be willing to spend gold to change their avi that much.

gaia_star Take a printscreen of your avi in the final outfit and place it in your entry. No tektek avi's.

gaia_star Post all entries here. If you are not added to the list of participants go ahead and message Ethril the Dragon Mother with a link to your entry.

gaia_star The last day to add an entry is August 29th. Judging will take place on the 30th and 31st. The winner will be announced on the 31st of August.

How about some prizes?

gaia_crown 1st place - Yokai's Treasure User Image

gaia_gaiagold 2nd place - 100,000 gold

gaia_spoons 3rd place - 25,000 gold

Entries:

This is where I'll list the entries. When a person places their first entry their name will be placed on the list with a link to their entry. All their other entries will be placed with their name.

gaia_kittenstar -
gaia_kittenstar -
gaia_kittenstar -
gaia_kittenstar -
gaia_kittenstar -

Giveaway 1 & 2(starting July 20th)

We're actually going to be doing 2 giveaways right off the bat! So there's going to be 2 prizes to win! Once both prizes are gone we'll start a new giveaway!

Giveaway 1

For the first Giveaway we're going to have a poetry bumping game. This happens to be based off of a very popular Poetry game we have in the guild!

Here's how it works: The game will start when Shanra the Dragon Bard posts 5 random words. You will then post a "bump!" and a poem using at least 3 of the 5 words. You will then come up with 5 words of your own for someone else to use.

gaia_star Anyone can use the first 5 words that Shanra posts for their first bump (the first 5 words). After that you have to use 5 words that someone else posts for your next bump. You then have to use a new set of 5 words for your 3rd bump. etc etc.

gaia_star You can not use your own 5 words.

gaia_star Seeing as how (hopefully) lots of people will be bumping it is acceptable for people to use the same 5 word sets.

gaia_star Every time you bump make sure you number it in some way(bump 1, bump 2, bump 3). The first person to 50 bumps gets the giveaway prize!

gaia_star If you want to participate, but not win anything that's fine! Just don't keep track of your bumps.

And what is the prize for this Poem bumping giveaway?
gaia_spoons Blood Drop Brooch User Image

Giveaway 2!

To commemorate WGoG being around since 2008 we're having a random number giveaway.

You can do this along with the bumping giveaway!

gaia_star Choose "Random number" from the Post Action.

gaia_star Set the numbers from 1 to 2014.

gaia_star The winning number is 2008! The first person to get 2008 wins the giveaway. If you get 2008 then PM Ethril the Dragon Mother with a link to the winning post.

Let's talk prizes:
gaia_spoons Black Orchid Brooch User Image

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Banners

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=25419][img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/Ethril_Dragon/Guild/banner4.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=25419][img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/Ethril_Dragon/Guild/banner3.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=25419][img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/Ethril_Dragon/Guild/banner2.jpg[/img][/url]

Sig banners:

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=25419][img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/wolfgal013/WGOF.jpg[/img]
[/url]

By Wolfy_kuns

Post Borders:

User Image
[IMGleft]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/Ethril_Dragon/Guild/borderup.jpg[/IMGleft]

User Image
[IMGright]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/Ethril_Dragon/Guild/borderdown.jpg[/IMGright]

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Alrighty, the recruitment thread is all set up and open!

Dapper Codger

⇝Welcome back, WGoG !.

Avi Contest (threw on everything I found from '08 and before):
User Image

Brings back some memories ^_^ I actually sported a very similar look at one point lol⇜

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Lucian Lightwood
⇝Welcome back, WGoG !.

Avi Contest (threw on everything I found from '08 and before):
User Image

Brings back some memories ^_^ I actually sported a very similar look at one point lol⇜
I see a problem here.

By linking your avi to your journal instead of taking a screenshot your avi changed when you did. So your entry didn't actually save. Go ahead and change it back and take a screenshot and then I'll add you to the entry list.

Thank you for participating!

Dapper Codger

Ethril the Dragon Mother
I see a problem here.

By linking your avi to your journal instead of taking a screenshot your avi changed when you did. So your entry didn't actually save. Go ahead and change it back and take a screenshot and then I'll add you to the entry list.

Thank you for participating!

Meh, it's all good. I might do it later but I don't have time to just now...though, knowing myself, I'll probably forget to do so =P

I mainly did it to give the thread a bump anyways ^_^ Let someone else have better chance at winning.

Devout Worshipper

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vice Captain here! What's this Ethril? No recruitement banner? I shall have to rectify that.

Devout Worshipper

Lucian Lightwood

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucian, nice to see you again.

Devout Worshipper

Okay, lost the net there for a moment. I've modified one of the existing banners to add that we are recruiting.

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Shanra the Dragon Bard

Vice Captain here! What's this Ethril? No recruitement banner? I shall have to rectify that.
In my fun of drawing those pillars I completely forgot a recruitment banner!

Also I kinda sorta volunteered you to start the Poem bumping giveaway >.>

Devout Worshipper

Ethril the Dragon Mother
Also I kinda sorta volunteered you to start the Poem bumping giveaway >.>

I noticed. That's tomorrow, and I'll be able to do that in the morning.

Devout Worshipper

I got home to find out one of our dogs was stung by bees today on their walk in the park. Hubby doesn't seem to be too worried about her, but she just keeps pacing back and forth. I'm going to keep an eye on her though, in case she has an allergic reaction. I'm going to go relax and watch some Game of Thrones.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff