Welcome to Gaia! ::

A world outside questing? Is it possible?

-Blinks-

In addition to what Tax said.... I've been using GaiArch for... -Thinks- 6 months maybe? Oh, something like that... And I've NEVER had any problems with it.

Falling for a scam and being hacked are two different things.

Currently saving for Dreamer's Dust, Cecil, The Cosmos, and a Mythrill Halo. Help please? Dx
9k/400(ish)k

7,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Heh, I've been using GaiArch for a while now on my my computers. It won't hack ya =P Your friend was scammed~
Ok. So I am using Firefox on my Mac Os X. My firefox is version 3.5.2 and the regular Tektek toolbar wont work. I downloaded Gaiarch from your website, and it looks impressive from the updates, but I can't get it.I install it onto the add-on little box, but then it says I need to restart firefox. I click ok and it restarts, only to say you need to restart it. It does this over and over. How do I actually open the toolbar onto my browser?
cj_the_dude
Ok. So I am using Firefox on my Mac Os X. My firefox is version 3.5.2 and the regular Tektek toolbar wont work. I downloaded Gaiarch from your website, and it looks impressive from the updates, but I can't get it.I install it onto the add-on little box, but then it says I need to restart firefox. I click ok and it restarts, only to say you need to restart it. It does this over and over. How do I actually open the toolbar onto my browser?

User Image

User Image

First try making a new FF profile, then install the addon from http://gaiarch.gaiatools.com/

User Image

User Image

Lonely Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
This is awesome but very buggy....

Original Gaian

JoshiesBunny
This is awesome but very buggy....
Not at all, actually. The current implementation needs to be patched for the recent changes in Gaia, which while small and easy to repair are hampered by the fact that Windypowa is out of country and unable to do such at this time.
this is why it would be useful for wind to have a dev team.

Original Gaian

paper twl
If need be, I could work on Gaiarch, but two major problems stand in the way:
  • I am not comfortable with some of Windy's methods of madness behind the code. If I were to work on GaiArch it'd take quite a bit of study to realize what I need to mess with to fix the current issues.
  • Even should I miraculously put GaiArch into perfect working order before Windy gets back from vacation, I have no upload permissions on the GaiaTools server(s), and hosting on an alternative upload site would reek of suspicion.
NEEDS MOAR TAX PLZ
paper twl
If need be, I could work on Gaiarch, but two major problems stand in the way:
  • I am not comfortable with some of Windy's methods of madness behind the code. If I were to work on GaiArch it'd take quite a bit of study to realize what I need to mess with to fix the current issues.
  • Even should I miraculously put GaiArch into perfect working order before Windy gets back from vacation, I have no upload permissions on the GaiaTools server(s), and hosting on an alternative upload site would reek of suspicion.
  • GaiArch's code is a mess indeed (hinthint: If there ever is a GaiArch v3, it'll be recoded from scratch~), it's an old codebase from my barely-started-thinking-OOP'd days, and it's a mess than currently only I can understand. That, and it's undocumented for the most part...
  • On top of that, Firefox add-ons now require signing as of Firefox 3. Even if Kiyo wanted to release an update, he couldn't because he doesn't have the key to sign the update manifest, so essentially it'd have to be a whole different extension than GaiArch.

In any case, GaiArch's code WILL become open-source someday (hey, it already is, dammit!), but who would dare taking a nosedive into this mess?
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.
        User Image

So when is WindPowa returning from his vacation, or whatever it may be? 3nodding

Gaiarch is fabulous, by the way. <3
        I would never use any other toolbar.

Original Gaian

WindPowa
  • GaiArch's code is a mess indeed (hinthint: If there ever is a GaiArch v3, it'll be recoded from scratch~), it's an old codebase from my barely-started-thinking-OOP'd days, and it's a mess than currently only I can understand. That, and it's undocumented for the most part...
  • On top of that, Firefox add-ons now require signing as of Firefox 3. Even if Kiyo wanted to release an update, he couldn't because he doesn't have the key to sign the update manifest, so essentially it'd have to be a whole different extension than GaiArch.
    In any case, GaiArch's code WILL become open-source someday (hey, it already is, dammit!), but who would dare taking a nosedive into this mess?
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.
Yeah, I went and took a dive into the code to see if I could get some insight into the mysterious plague of "dont change the URL" errors, and I, for lack of better words, got lost.
I think our second bullets coincided with each other from different perspectives. xD
hello i need help with the drop down i have an extra one and i want to get rid of it plz send me a pm

Original Gaian

II pope shadic II
hello i need help with the drop down i have an extra one and i want to get rid of it plz send me a pm
GaiArch Preferences> Layout Changes> Add GaiaTools menu in Gaia's Navigation bar

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff