Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
OnionKingForever
Bria_Teragram
Geez guys. Calm down and don't get your panties in a twist.

He didn't say anywhere that she wasn't legit, just that her score was low, which is true. Nothing wrong with low scores. It happens all the time, especially the way Gaia treats fishing like crap.

sanada said it wasn't a legitimate win............

Sanada said her run was legitimate, but other runs where fishing was down half the day weren't as legitimate.

He was playing devil's advocate, he even said so. He even cleared up that he felt her run was legitimate.

Do you guys fail at reading or what?

She isn't the first and she definitely won't be the last person that is told that their score is low. Even when I was starting out people told me my scores were low. razz
Thanks Blueberry, Rainy, Dardy, Sanada, and everyone waving flags, I really appreciate it. When I started this month or when I first fished. I gots no flag-waving-ness etc b/c I was essentially a "nobody"..Lol. And yes, it sucked.

People love and hate this community b/c it is like a family. When you are fishing with people for 8+hrs a day at 3am, you learn a lot about one another and grow closer for better or for worst. Like with any huge crazy family, when "new" people come in, some ball busting goes on, but you can find your own group of people and really have a good time.

All Most of the people I have fished with are not from my gen, and had to start over. Everyone has been generally nice to me and thanks for the support. The 11 day count is on!

Gaia may suck sometimes, but there are some good people here that always keeps people coming back and I have been friends with for years, even off Gaia/online games. (Yup surprise, surprise.) This is a community I support...most of the time. heart

Good luck & Thanks to my personal heroes who have kept me sane and made this month worth it, even if I am actually horribly failing at my personal goal for this month.

Dede, Katsu, JP, Jacks, Becca, Slim, Jaz, Hikaru, Dardy, Miro, Jed, Rosiel, Cuty and many more. Fishing aside, its truly been a pleasure with all of you betches even after hours when we are too burnt out to understand each other. whee

Speaking of family, I wish everyone a very fortunate holiday season and spend it with people (whom ever, where ever, how ever) that lift you up. heart
[/Dr.Phil]

Gaian

Yeah, I need to start fishing with you guys again. crying

*flagwaves for lex, slim, princess, holy, jaz, and other people i know im forgetting cause im not even thinking surprised *

And on the matter of winners in months that were cut short, I kind of take both sides on that matter. One of my trophy runs was messed up at a very unfortunate time, because fishing stopped working just a few days before I got out of school. I'm not going to say that I would've won if it didn't stop working, but the turnout of the month would've been much different.

On the contrary, people fish to get their trophies, and if they fish for as much as they can and get that trophy, they earned it.

*makes yet another edit*

I'm just making the point that the outcome of people who win trophies is easily messed up by months that are cut short. For example, if someone was going for OA but the month was too short for them to get on the board, someone would have gotten it who probably wouldn't have gotten it if the month wasn't cut short.

7,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
darn you jed, I pretty much went the whole month unnoticed, now you have to go and be the one to wave a flag xP

*flagwaves LEX, JP, Mradu, Kydden, 1girlnextdoor2 (my OA score ended up only being 177k, you're doing great!), Dardy, and everyone else working their butts off for them trophies*

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Thanks for notising Holy Knight! biggrin -waves flag for everyone already mentioned and Holy Knight- Good to see you still fishing! smile

-TDS

7,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
got to give my shout out to the durem peoples, especially when they're doing their best having to deal with that. Thanks, though I'm not fishing, lost too much time going out of state, and it's hot hot hot in bass'ken o.o
Sanada Akihiko
OnionKingForever
Sanada Akihiko
Quote:
If you have one its because you have earned it no matter what the final score turns out to be.

Hm, I'll have to disagree with this statement, just because I can recall some months where fishing was only up for about two weeks and was down at times where some fishers could fish or not. So those months to me can not be considered a legitimate "earn." Just in my book.

i have to disagree.sure the scores were low,but they couldn't fish to get them higher rolleyes if someone wins a reophy it IS a legit win. 1girlnextdoor2 you're doing a fine job at OA so keep fishing & don't let the comments discourage you smile

*flag waves for schizo,1girlnextdoor2, and ALL other legit fishers* smile

Its not that the scores were low, its not legit because certain fishers in certain time zones don't get to fish. Say fishing is down while someone is at school, across the world someone that is off from school tries to fish, fishing is down meaning they can't get in any buckets. Then while they are at school or work and the other is home, fishing is back up. That is why it is not legit, not because of scores. Do you understand my logic here? Or do you think its bad logic.

Do you see that it is unfair and to me I can not respect those months.

EDIT: I know this isn't one of those months either, just saying, I like to be the devil's advocate.

I don't think it's fair/unfair it is just the way things are. In jan of this year, the servers were down while I was home from work 19 days of the 31 and were up while I was working. that meant I just had to fish harder the other 12 days to get my trout. yeah the score was low, but I earned it, and that is all that matters to me.

Something that is really hurtful to me is to have me feel like my score wasn't "good enough" to earn the trophy I have. True I may have some of the lowest scores out there, but for the most part I have 12 to 14 hours less a day than some of you do to fish. Every Trophy has been a true challenge, and I am proud that I have managed to pull in the 14 that I have.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

rubyaileen
I don't think it's fair/unfair it is just the way things are. In jan of this year, the servers were down while I was home from work 19 days of the 31 and were up while I was working. that meant I just had to fish harder the other 12 days to get my trout. yeah the score was low, but I earned it, and that is all that matters to me.

Ruby has a point. I can't even remember what month it was anymore, but when Miyu and I pulled out some (then) record breaking scores (At least, my 502k Gambino Silver was and still may be a record) that month, we didn't even get to start fishing until the 8th or the 12th, and the game was down literally another few full days worth, often when I had time to fish around real life emergencies then. Sure, we still banked over 500k each then, but not everyone has the time or the gold to put that much into it. Just because we did doesn't mean that someone who doesn't make those scores, even with a full and mostly glitch free month, doesn't earn the trophy. My Bass'ken Gold was earned on 132k. Look at the scores now, even current 3rd's scores are higher than that only 21 days into the month. Sure, I only fished notably for 3 weeks into the month, but would anyone argue that I didn't deserve that Gold? My competition stopped at around 102k; I had no real reason to go further or harder and burn more time/gold on it.

Sure, scores are often lower nowadays then back in "my day". Which, by the way, is before most of you even knew Gaia existed if people want to play that card. Back in the days when 100k might not have been enough to even get you 10th place in Bass'ken. Does that mean people getting less don't deserve it? I wouldn't say so. A lot has changed in fishing over the years. Gaia obviously does not care to update it as much since it's not a direct cash making feature. The game itself is now over 5 years old; it's not a shiny new thing anymore. Trophies were delayed for as much as 2 years for some people, and bots continue to attack the boards even though it means certain death for them.

Anyway, I'm rambling. The point is, competition isn't just all about numbers. The reason this thread exists? It sprung from the Community surrounding the game and competition. The friends made from it are as important, or often more important, than the competition or trophies themselves. Sure, things may not be up to the "standards" of the past (Though the Overall score isn't bad at all at this point of the month considering the PI and complete lack of real competition), but I personally think that if someone fishes legit and gets a trophy, they've earned it just the same as someone who had double the score. They just fished in a month where it wasn't as hellish, that's life.

7,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
What?? Nico's compy failed him before I even got a single Flag Wave in? crying

I wondered why my thread had gone dormant. Nice's damn near it's only visitor these days.

Btw, since I have all the top fishers for the month in one place, I should mention-
I'm looking to buy stripers and some other fish in droves. As long as the price isn't too outrageous, I'll pay whatever. It's just too tedious going through the marketplace. I have a mil or so to burn so please, send trades or Pms or anything. I also have a few A bait laying around as free bonus for anyone who humors me.

Regardless of that, Flag Wave for all the competitors out there right now. Last half of Dec's a b***h.

Elder

14,325 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Is any one else having trouble getting in to fishing. I was fishing and got booted out now I cant seem to get back in. I have cleared my cookies that usually works for me but not this time . Any one else?

OK NVM, I am in that was odd. xp

Wealthy Noob

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
1girlnextdoor2: I think no one is allowed to double post here, Its considered spamming I believe.

-----------------
W00t, almost to the end! Wow this month has gone by quickly.

Anbu`'s Husband

Ruthless Capitalist

Luff All Around Please.

Raider

Its comforting to see that the drama is always here <_<

Just remember kids, back in my day we had to walk uphill 5 miles in the snow just to load the game. then the same to close it. Gidi and nate had to walk a good 10 miles, probably closer to 15.

Anyways, gluck to a few of you that i know o:

also, blue bass.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas