Welcome to Gaia! ::

--~-- ::. We Cordially Welcome You .:: --~--
July 18 - 20

Ah, greetings! Have you an invitation? Ah, if not, we welcome all. Come in quickly, there is much to be done. We have a masquerade to plan!

Yes, indeed, a masquerade ball. It is an act of defiance against the Red Virus that has plagued our brothers and sisters so. Oh, you have not heard of it? Oh, don't worry, most have, though most carry it now, alas. Let one more qualified explain it.

In her diary, a Specter
The "Red Virus" has secretly devastated the GCD. No pestilence has ever been so thorough, so hideous, and so...accepted by its victims. It is a mind altering virus, one that takes its victim by complete surprise. There is solid writer's block, a sudden lack of comprehension and then a great "Shrlyuuuk!" noise that would make even Edmund run away like a little girl. Illiteracy, impatience, spoons, the Virus is completely wiping out discussion as the GCD once knew it.

It was a very sunny night when Captain Wickit and we other Specters sat in our upside down castle, hoping to avoid the Red Death Virus by secluding ourselves from the people who had hated us so. "Let them deal with it" one of us mused. That was right before Wickit toppled over a table in eccentric glee, something we both dread and love to see.

"I've got it! A cure for this epidemic!"

So with some alarmed confusion, the Specters decided to host a ball. All who had not been touched by this horrible, disgusting virus were invited. Every major organization in the GCD, from the local soul suckers to the fan threads were to be there. And best of all, it was to be held in the Specter Manor. And so, we Specters sent a little black invitation in the ashes of an Italian to all whose minds were not demented enough to read it. This is the first Specter Ball.

Indeed! It is as that soul said. We wish to escape this dreaded disease and have a riotous good time, for laughter is the best medicine and the best sword. So, dear one, will you join us in our revelry?
--~-- ::. Rules and Tasks .:: --~--

It would be simply lovely if each group could come up with a small event of their own design: a contest, a featured story, a discussion, so on. We ask that once your organization has decided on a type of thread to please post post the general idea here. It simply wouldn't do to have, for example, two ghost themed avatar contests when we are fighting against repetitious threads and the sloth they inspire! Now, once you have posted the general idea, you may continue to work on your thread in secret. This thread is not required, but you may find it fun.

We request that each organization comes off with a small emblem to represent themselves. It should be around 100 by 100 pixels, and may be of any colour or design, as long as it does not violate the laws laid down by the administrators. If for whatever reason you cannot create an emblem, then please feel free to contact me and arrangements will be made for one to be created. As well, we ask that you provide a small profile of your guild. A few sentences shall suffice.

One simply cannot attend masquerade ball in street wear! The Management encourages all to dress in their fineries and lace. Don't be intimidated by the invitation: we welcome silks in every colours. It might be a funeral party, so that's all the reason to don your fuchsia gowns and bright and shining beads! Naturally, we request that you mask yourself or otherwise employ items to obscure your face. It can be a simple domino or an elaborate combination of many a thing. Your imagination is a gift!

Of course, The Management recognizes that some will not heed these suggestions. Oh, but where is the fun in that?
--~-- ::. Attendees .:: --~--

[b]Symbol:[/b] (linked to guild/thread)
[b]Name of the Organization:[/b]
[b]Leader:[/b]
[b]Short description:[/b]

That is the format we ask you to submit your organization's information with. Now, on to the listing of fighters against the Red Virus!

Quote:

User Image
The Specters Guild
Led by Captain Wickit
The Specters have always been shrouded in mystery. How long have they existed? Who created them? Or most importantly, what was their original intent? Though they have not always gone by the name "Specter", their ways have not changed: Those ways being ever driven by inconsistency. The most scholarly of Gaians have tried to identify patterns in the Specters behavior. Notes include that a Specter may be eccentric, cryptic, a bringer of truth, evil incarnate, elegant, berserk, mad, quite intelligent, even comedic. One thing is for certain. A Specter is always present, and will either be looked to us a beacon for hope or a symbol of destruction.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Gaian Theatre Company
With no official leader, but Arqueete for all intents and purposes
Since June 2006, this Community Spotlight recipient has been using Towns to stage well-rehearsed live entertainment in Towns ranging from original pieces to recreations of popular theater.

User Image
DamIan's Bar and Grill
Led by Jayce Reinhardt, AKA The GCD Gollum
We are a bar and grill, an underground sanctuary for all non human types and we also are a fan group dedicated to NPC Ian. We also have an inner guild for our "Other activities" such as role plays, fan fictions, and friendly debates.

User Image
Team Sprocket
Led by Newzpop Reporta Tyro Bong
Just your average evolution items evomon evil organization fanthread! What? Don't look at us like that. ninja

The Gaia Community Sniper Game
Led by Sibeiko
The GCSG is a community centered around a game based on the Gaia plotline (before Zhivago). The game features all flavors of deception and alliances in order to either catch a killer or outwit the people. Our original home was the GCD, and the players were referred to as GCDers (the name has stuck). However, the game's discussion was too off-topic for the GCD, so Zaeyde willingly moved it to a guild. The leadership may have switched hands a few times, but the original feel good flavor and fun is still alive and kicking!

User Image

[My Secret Love] The Official Dr. Singh and Flynn Fanthread
Led by Miss Conception
My Secret Love is a thread devoted to the drooling discussion and speculation over two of Gaia's new NPC characters: Dr. Singh and Flynn. We enjoy everything from crack-pot theories to fanart and fanfiction, all while reveling in the goodness that is Flyngh.

User Image
The UPC Organization
Led by UPC Peachy, UPC Aelious may get a quicker response.
Founded in February of 2008, the User Player Characters (UPCs) are dedicated to allowing intelligent and talented writers and artists to participate in a new movement - a user-run storyline. The UPC Organization has been working hard to bring its first user-run plot to the community for its enjoyment!

User Image
Official Rufus the Cat Fan Thread
Led by Peas Out and thermoplastick
The Official Rufus the Cat Fan Thread is a thread to discuss Rufus and everything Rufus-related. It includes pictures of Rufus, Rufus quotes, and ideas for a Rufus guild. Everyone is welcome! =D

User Image
The Vonpire Sanctuary
Led by xcrimsonlegendx
The first organization dedicated to the Gaian Vampire skin
and currently the largest active Von Helson support community.
All species are welcome in our home.

User Image
Gino's Harem
Led by Rychi
A general NPC and storyline discussion thread with a strong focus on the young heir, Gino Gambino. It is an archive for official Gino images and information as well as fan works featuring him.

User Image

The Gaian PenPal Project
Led by A m o r a - S o n g - with Sin Kyoto
The GPP, Gaian PenPal Project, is a community project to bring the people of Gaia closer. We have Gaians that are spread out all over the world. Even though the forums bring us all together in relative ways, we never been presented a chance to get to know one another personally, until today. Our goal, bring the Gaian community closer and united.

User Image
Wait, who? The Leon Fanthread
Created by Sedge
A little house of crazy dedicated to appreciating Leon and spreading Leon awareness. Ridiculous theories, fan stuff and general shenanigans related to Leon are all welcome here!

You may voice your opinions now.

Eloquent Lunatic

Excellent!

Hello everyone, my name is Leon Wickit. I'm the head of the Specters, we'll be providing decoration and grounds for this Masquerade. We're getting as many people as we can involved, it's bound to be a weekend full of fun and socializing.

A few things to look forward to...
- A Masquerade designed after "Masque of the Red Death" (by Poe) Show off your groups colors, but make sure you bring a mask.
- An inside look on the Specters Headquarters: That's right we'll be hosting the ball in the Specters guild (it will be opened to the public for the Ball)
- Activities, contests and events hosted by many organizations in the GCD: Come get involved, the more the merrier. Present your ideas in this thread but keep the details in your home base, we'd like to see the surprise.
- Familiar faces in a friendly setting: No discussion rules here, it's been awhile since the GCD got to know each other.

Can't wait to see you all there. Remember, the Specters are only playing a small part. This event is for the GCD by the GCD. Make sure to tune into this thread for the latest ideas and plans.

Adorable Trash

Well, am I the first to arrive? Ah well, punctuality has it's perks as much as being fashionably late can be.

I look forward to helping you, and both of my organizations, the Escudo (of Las Noches) and the snarky little coffee klatche that is GCDelicious are at your disposal (for event purposes, that is). I will provide a bit more illumination on both groups of my charges shortly. smile

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image

My guild of vampires are more then willing to host a thread to represent our kind.
User Image

Divine Witch

User Image
Click this cookies!

Since nobody else is online, I come here to claim this post in the name of Liams Abusers Anonymous, and when we get organised, we will partake in this event with pleasure and Liam abusing ideas.

No, click this other cookies!
User Image
GTC would be happy to contribute a thread. What we'll do, however, has yet to be discussed. We have dress rehearsals on the 11th and 13th so that makes things a little more difficult.

Symbol: (linked to guild/thread)

Name of the Organization:

The Gaian Theatre Company

Leader:

None officially -- for all intents and purposes, Arqueete

Short description:

Since June 2006, this Community Spotlight recipient has been using Towns to stage well-rehearsed live entertainment in Towns ranging from original pieces to recreations of popular theater.

Divine Muse

Symbol: User Image
Name of the Organization: DamIan's Bar and Grill
Leader: Jayce Reinhardt (AKA The GCD Gollum )
Short description: We are a bar and grill, an underground sanctuary for all non human types and we also are a fan group dedicated to NPC Ian. We also have an inner guild for our "Other activities" such as role plays, fan fictions, and friendly debates.

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • The Edgiest 250
Symbol: User Image
[ Symbol is 146x71 pixels. Is that ok?]
Name of the Organization: Team Sprocket
Leader: Newzpop Reporta Tyro Bong
Short description: Just your average evolution items evomon evil organization fanthread! What? Don't look at us like that. ninja

Eloquent Lunatic

Wonderful, wonderful. Shall we begin?
It would be a pleasure to be involved... ^_^

Symbol:

Name of the Organization: The Gaia Community Sniper Game
Leader: Sibeiko
Short description: The GCSG is a community centered around a game based on the Gaia plotline (before Zhivago). The game features all flavors of deception and alliances in order to either catch a killer or outwit the people. Our original home was the GCD, and the players were referred to as GCDers (the name has stuck). However, the game's discussion was too off-topic for the GCD, so Zaeyde willingly moved it to a guild. The leadership may have switched hands a few times, but the original feel good flavor and fun is still alive and kicking!

Phantom

We would be happy to attend!

Symbol:
User Image

Name of the Organization: [My Secret Love] The Official Dr. Singh and Flynn Fanthread
Leader: Miss Conception
Short description: My Secret Love is a thread devoted to the drooling discussion and speculation over two of Gaia's new NPC characters: Dr. Singh and Flynn. We enjoy everything from crack-pot theories to fanart and fanfiction, all while reveling in the goodness that is Flyngh.

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • The Edgiest 250
Captain Wickit
Wonderful, wonderful. Shall we begin?

Alright, so what has been planned out so far exactly?

I've made a thread in the Team Sprocket guild to discuss what options we could do about thread hosting... :3 But I'd like to know which things have been done/are being done by other groups so we don't all end up doing the same thing? sweatdrop I mean its doubtful that it'd happen, but its a good thing to know for reference

/edit: Could we also invite other organizations to attend? Because I know of a couple that are really cool and fun and I think they'd be a great addition...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff