User Image

Grab the Gaia URL and the text please!
(Right click- copy image url)

Thank you!

Discussion (while we get the art ready):
What say you of the art this month?
Theme?
What's your favorite house?
Blerrgh this type of game play. Like or dislike?
Do the fails seem really odd to anyone else? Say you...heal a wound with Professor Lorraine and she suddenly sends you to detention...Doesn't seem fitting (to me)

Links:
Valefor Academy item list

VALEFOR ACADEMY GUIDE >> HOW TO GET PAST WHICH CHAR. < Super useful

Valefor Academy- Get what from which character!

Shavostars journal with doooooddlllees

User Image

The time to return to school draws near... but you’ve been invited to Valefor Academy, a school for Gaia’s supernatural or mystically inclined, including vampires, werewolves, faeries and more. There's no telling what strange challenges your professors will throw at you, but if you apply yourself and get good marks, you'll be handsomely rewarded.
User Image

User Image

While exciting, Valefor has a reputation for being really tough, and you’ll have to really impress your professors to stand out! This enchanted badge will transport you onto the Valefor campus where you’ll be attending your first day of school and meet your first instructor... can you survive your first day at Valefor?
User Image

Alchemy
User Image
You find yourself in the new Alchemy classroom with Professor Sarris. He seems very preoccupied with his work, so you...
User Image User Image

User Image
((wait patiently))
“Ah, thank you. Forgive me - I heard you come in, but Alchemy is a tedious art... You know, Alchemy is ancient, created centuries ago by the Dark Elves. It is truly a privilege to have a chance to learn this skill. Are you here to study under me?”
User ImageUser Image

((I would be Honored))
User Image
User ImageUser Image

((The Challenge))
User Image
“Good. Alchemy takes lots of dedication... and practice. There will be countless mistakes and even more failed attempts. Are you prepared?”
User Image User ImageUser Image

((Yes, sir))
User Image
Professor Sarris smiles. “I guess with time we shall see if you truly are, but that attitude will certainly do you good. Come, let me show you some beginner formulas...”
User Image

Brewmastery
User Image
You wind up in Brewmaster Barleyfist’s class on Dwarven Brewing. He looks like he’s already been hitting the sauce a little bit... he startles as you appear. “ACH! Oh yeh, there’s classes startin’ today, eh,” he mumbles. And then, loudly, “Are you here for me class, little lass?!”
User ImageUser Image

((What's in your hat?))
User Image
"TIS ME BEER HAT! Do ye like it? I made it meself this summer."
User ImageUser Image

((Do I have to be over 21?))
User Image
“PFEH,” Barleyfist scoffs. “Do you know how early we dwarves begin a’drinkin’? Why, I remember the first time I had me some ale, I was still a wee baby suckling from me mothers -- ”
User ImageUser Image

((What kind of Ale is it?))
User Image
“‘Twas me family’s secret brew! Something I won’t be teachin’ ye little fellers here, but don’t ye worry, I won’t keep all the good stuff for meself. So tell me, lass, what’s your favorite brew?”
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

((Gingerale for me, sadly))
User Image
“HAW! Good catch! You CAN’T DRINK AT VALEFOR, hawhawhaw!” He takes more sips of... whatever is in his hat. “Ye knew I was gonna ask ye a trick question didn’t ya? I like ya, lass. You’re a bright one. We’ll get along well this year, won’t we?”
User Image

Nature Magic
User Image
You find yourself in the Greenhouse with Professor Hana, caretaker of Valefor’s grounds and instructor of Nature Magic. She doesn’t seem to be having the best of mornings. “The snapdragons are SO moody today!”
User ImageUser Image

((Did you feed them yet?))
User Image
“Well I would if they would just let me- wait, you know about snapdragons? Magical ones?”
User ImageUser Image

((Only from what I've read))
User Image
“I see! That’s good, since they have a habit of devouring small children if neglected,” she giggles. “So you like reading up on Nature Magic, huh? Do you know what type of food Tiger Lilies prefer?”
User ImageUser Image

((Aloebacore))
User Image
“Wow you really do read up! You’ll do really well in this class! So what’s your favorite studying material?”

((The joy of Botany))
User Image
“Alright! That’s one of my favorites too! You’re going to do great here. Welcome to Valefor!”
User Image

Dueling
User Image
You are transported to a thick wood on the Valefor grounds for dueling lessons. Aside for your lychanthropic instructor, Duelist Baine, you are completely alone- it looks like this will be a private class. “They’re throwing a first year in here with me? They must be feeling especially cruel today.”
User ImageUser Image

((Attack him))
User Image
“Whoa!” Baine defends himself. “Well well, looks like the pup has some spunk. Alright, first year. Let’s see how you handle this!” Baine lunges for you...
User ImageUser Image

((Block attack))
User Image
“Good discipline. Countering that would have opened you up... I guess I may have been wrong about you. So what do you prefer to fight with, first year?”
User ImageUser Image

((Weapons))
User Image
“Ha! Right answer - the professors will teach you how to fling spells. But you can tear up any squishy mage if you get close enough, and some day you might have to. My job is just to show you how, and I’m not gonna’ go easy on you. There will be days you won’t even be able to $H!#, you’re so sore. Are you ready?”

((Give me all you've got))
User Image
“This should be fun, first year. Now pick your weapon...”
User Image

Dark Magic
User Image
You find yourself in the Dark Magic classroom with Quentin, a third year student with a talent in shapeshifting. “The Dark Magic Professor will be out until he is released from the hospital. Until then, I’ve unfortunately been assigned to tutor you.”
User ImageUser Image

((What happened to him?))
User Image
User ImageUser Image

((Yeah! It seems totally rad!))
User Image
“Heh, you’re such a first year. I thought so too. So let’s see you cast something. You can cast,... right?”
User ImageUser Image

((Cast illusion))
User Image
“Not half bad. Okay then, what is most important in the school of Dark Magic?”

((Imagination))
User Image
“Really? It took me years to figure that out. Sounds like you might be a natural,” he smirks. “Well, we still have to start from the beginning anyway, so go grab your books.”
User Image

Healing Magic
User Image
You arrive at the Healing Magic classroom with Professor Lorraine. She is a ghostly spirit, but she still lingers around Valefor to pass on her extensive knowledge of healing magic. “You’re gawking,” she notes flatly.
User ImageUser Image

((Sorry))
User Image
“It’s quite alright. But now that you’re here, we should get down to business. You’re here to practice Healing Magic, yes? Not everybody possesses the spirit of healing... do you?”
User ImageUser Image

((How can I tell?))
User Image
“Have you ever recovered suddenly from an illness? Or perhaps have an injured pet seem fine after only a few hours? You may have been healing them unconsciously. Close your eyes, I can help you sense the healing spirit within you.” As you close your eyes, she plunges her cold spiritly fingers into your mind...
User ImageUser Image

((Think of warmth))
User Image
“Yes, you have a lot of potential within you. Why don’t you show me what you can do?”

((Repair a fracture))
User Image
“So impressive! You willl do splendidly at Valefor. I can help you refine your raw talent and turn you into a respected Healing Mage. Let’s begin!”
User Image

Mythical Creatures
User Image
You find yourself transported to the Valefor grounds for Caretaker Tia’s class on Mythical Creatures. You barely have a chance to gather your surroundings before she shouts, “ALRIGHT, RUNTS! Get your butts in a single file line before I burn ‘em off!”
User ImageUser Image

((Oh god get in line))
User Image
“Very good, I guess that was fast enough. With mythical creatures, you can’t afford to react slow. I don’t want to be taking your chewed up bums up to Professor Lorraine when class is over, got it? Good, who wants to take the baby griffon?
User ImageUser Image

((Uh, no thanks))
User Image
“Smart, but you have to take him anyway. I want you to show me how you handle his needs.” The baby griffon starts grabbing for your face with his extremely pointy talons.
User ImageUser Image

((Trim those suckers))
User Image
“Nice. Proactive. Make sure you still feed him, though. They’re little bottomless pits at this age. What do you want to feed him?”

((Take him hunting))
User Image
“Not bad for a first year,” Tia grabs your shoulder, hard. You try not to wince. “You’ll do fine here. Feel free to come by and play with Bonechewer whenever you want. He seems to like you.”
User Image

Antropology
User Image
You find yourself in the presence of the vampire Lady Alzbeta, Valefor’s top Anthropology instructor. She’s had lifetimes to study, and her knowledge in the field is unmatched, but you seem to have walked in on a conversation she’s having with the... skull?User ImageUser Image

((Am I interrupting?))
User Image
“Oh, sorry,” Alzbeta blinks as she wakes from her trance. “Oh my, are you a new student here? I love new blood- It’s so interesting to see how you all adapt to your new surroundings. Are you interested in any particular kind of anthropology?”
User ImageUser Image

((Cultural))
User Image
“Excellent! Human culture on Gaia is so diverse, it’s fascinating. You could study it for lifetimes! As I have. Once I stayed with a tribe on a small island that buried whale meat in the ground and then would dig it up months later to eat!”
User ImageUser Image

((Fascinating))
User Image
“Isn’t it?! Recently I’ve been studying the belief that all people think about the world in terms of binary opposites- such as good and evil, or life and death- and that all cultures can be understood in terms of these opposites... Does this sound familiar?”

((Structural anthropology))
User Image
“Amazing! You’re going to have so much fun here, this course is tough but very enlightening. We’ll learn so much together!”User Image

Forensics
User Image
You’ve arrived at the Forensics classroom, a very difficult class that Doctor Isaac, the school’s resident zombie, teaches. As you walk in, another student runs out of the classroom with his hand clasped tightly over his mouth. “Don’t worry about him. That happens a lot on the first day.”
User ImageUser Image

((...))
User Image
“Forensic pathology is not for the weak of stomach. How strong is yours?”
User ImageUser Image

((I eat nails for breakfast))
User Image
“That is pretty strong, though I strongly discourage you from continuing that diet. If nothing else, your coroner will thank you. Very well, I assume you’ve taken all of the prerequisites and done all of the necessary studying prior to taking my class then.”
User ImageUser Image

((All 13 courses,sir))
User Image
“Good. Then you should easily be able to tell me what is considered the diagnosis of a disease based on tissue samples, not individual cells.”

((Histo-pathology))
User Image
Isaac nods slowly. “I trust that was an easy enough question. Why don’t you have a seat and wait for the other students to arrive, though I believe we will have a small class, as usual.”
User Image

Engineering
User Image
[text]
User ImageUser Image

((Are you making a Reve Rouille?))
User Image
[text]
User ImageUser Image

((You're the engineering teacher, right?))
User Image
[text]
User ImageUser Image

((Could you teach me?))
User Image
[text]

((The sum of the torques))
User Image
[text]
User Image

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Fail!:
User Image
Oops...you’ve been sent to detention with Doctor Isaac. This should be thrilling...

User Image
Detention! Quentin makes you write on an endless chalkboard until you can barely see straight.

User Image
Detention! You’re sent to Brewmaster Barleyfist where he uses you as a seat.

User Image

User Image

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Reindeer

Liberal Conversationalist

12,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
Thanks for this thread. biggrin

The conversation answers for Alchemy were a huge help, shame the items I won from them weren't great though.

Looking forward to seeing more answers!

Angelic Angel

31,125 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Party Machine 500

Revered Connoisseur

http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/naturemagic_01.jpg

Nature Magic Choices.
          http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/btn/naturemagic_a1_138.png
          http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/btn/naturemagic_a2_138.png

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
OH LORDY, THAT BAINE.
I has found a new love!

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Alright I added what I got from my bundles.

Sparkly Assailant

11,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Heckler 50
The art is soo pretty for this one!

I need to start saving better so I can actually see them for myself. ah well, at least there are always art threads. Thanks god for that.

Trapper

I picked block his attack
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/dueling_03.jpg
“Good discipline. Countering that would have opened you up... I guess I may have been wrong about you. So what do you prefer to fight with, first year?”
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/btn/dueling_c1_138.png
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/btn/dueling_c2_138.png

Obsessive Lunatic

Would Quentin, perhaps, be a reference to Blue Exorcist? He kind of reminds me of Rin.

P.S. I love art threads. Thanks! emotion_bigheart

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
kelllzz
I picked block his attack
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/dueling_03.jpg
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/btn/dueling_c1_138.png
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/btn/dueling_c2_138.png

Perfect! Thank you.
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/item_choice/sept_valefor/healing_05.jpg
The option for the last panel for her would be "Repair a fracture". c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces