Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hackers

suck 0.19406392694064 19.4% [ 170 ]
should die 0.44063926940639 44.1% [ 386 ]
are lazy, smelly crooks 0.36529680365297 36.5% [ 320 ]
Total Votes:[ 876 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23 > >>

I feel sorry for your loss.
I know if I ever got hacked I would cry and probably be almost as upset as you.

Versatile Seeker

Reading that made me literally feel sick. That's such a horrible thing to happen...This s**t must be stopped ASAP.
I'm sorry about what has happened to you. sad I hope you get your items back.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tis the season to be jolly

I'm so sorry! T____T T____T But I'm glad that you posted it, phishing is a very unknown way to hack but because of this thread, many people will know! I'm so sorry you got hacked though. T___T
Fa la la la la, la la la la
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Your password suggestion is very good.

I'd do anything I could to stop people being hacked.

I'd be well pissed off if I lost all my stuff.

I suppose in these situations you just have to remember Gaia isn't real life.

<3

x
I'm sorry for your loss, I really am, but it's your own damn fault. Gaia pounds over our heads the fact that we should be really ******** careful about where we enter our passwords. Not to mention the fact that the "beta tester" scam is one of the oldest in the book.
That different trading password is a good idea man. I support it to the hilt 3nodding smile
Thank you very much for warning me D:

I know of phishing from myspace, but i did't have a clue that it was happening on gaia too! I'll remember to be extra careful, and i hope that your idea of the different passwords gets taken into consideration!
Damn that sucks....

Magic Lovergirl

I just got a hacking attempt a few minutes ago.

Attempt.

Ha ha ha. C'mon now, almost everyone knows that the mods and admins will never ask for your password. Gawd. Anyways, here's my reply:

Reply.
Oh dear.

I suppose you should have been more careful, but it still sucks anyway. *pat pat*

Your idea would work, but the truth is, everybody just needs to be more careful and aware about these scams. After all, it's not just about Gaia - there are lots of people out there using these same tricks for real monetary and credit card transactions.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I hope it will educate fellow Gaians and prevent them from falling for the same scams.

And I hope they ban the scammer upside down and to hell and back, and I hope you and all the other victims get their stuff back. Best of luck!
Aww.. Ide give you your items back if i had any of them. emo
I'm worried about the new art contest. It says a gaia administrator will PM the winners, so It would be very easy for a scammer to send a PM to someone who looks like they might win and take all their money using phishing. I'm glad I'm not rich enough to be a target for scammers.
Fuhnetik
I'm worried about the new art contest. It says a gaia administrator will PM the winners, so It would be very easy for a scammer to send a PM to someone who looks like they might win and take all their money using phishing. I'm glad I'm not rich enough to be a target for scammers.
Wealth is only part of it. Common sense is what's going to save you from getting scammed.
Whoa this hacker is my hero to have tricked you so easily hahaha....no sorry it really suck to have lost so much. I know that the admins try to do their possible to give you back your item but the truth is that you lose them forever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff