Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hackers

suck 0.19406392694064 19.4% [ 170 ]
should die 0.44063926940639 44.1% [ 386 ]
are lazy, smelly crooks 0.36529680365297 36.5% [ 320 ]
Total Votes:[ 876 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 > >>

Profitable Tycoon

hmm, the password thing would be a good idea, maybe it should be optional though. like you can set up the level of security of your account :0
[~Rhian~]
KM3
+Signs Devy's petition+ +Sends dagger eys at non-reader+

I did read most of it, just not all of it. I don't have my contacts in so if I read too much at one time, I get a headache. neutral

+Forgives+

Profitable Tycoon

by the way, anyone who says it is the hackee's fault is a jerk in my book. last i heard humans make mistakes, and there wouldn't have been a hack if it wasn't for the person hacking, they should be the ones blamed OBVIOUSLY.
Irie
by the way, anyone who says it is the hackee's fault is a jerk in my book. last i heard humans make mistakes, and there wouldn't have been a hack if it wasn;t for the person hacking, they should be the ones blamed OBVIOUSLY.
In his case you are right it was the hacker fault. BUT in a lot of cases the user WILLINGly gives up his/her password. OR they give out there password in hopes if getting riches. There are also some who GIVE the Hacker there items in hopes that he will duplicate the items. In that case I am glad the person got hacked. If you want to try and cheat to get free stuff then I am GLAD you got banned. But in those othere cases ( the ones were they willingly give out there password ) if they are stupid enough to do that then better it happen then then when they have had more stuff.

Ruthless Bloodsucker

Clitical Hit!

That was still a pretty damn obvious fake PM. Although I do pity you, and think your password suggestion is good.

It wasnt obvious to me.. Maybe Im not as computer savvy as some people are.. but the last thing I would do is purposely risk losing everything I worked for..

the hacked. Please Come Here <33
wow I miss my stuff /: <//3
User Image

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Sorry you lost all your stuff. I hope you get it back. heart

Profitable Tycoon

jonyyy
Irie
by the way, anyone who says it is the hackee's fault is a jerk in my book. last i heard humans make mistakes, and there wouldn't have been a hack if it wasn;t for the person hacking, they should be the ones blamed OBVIOUSLY.
In his case you are right it was the hacker fault. BUT in a lot of cases the user WILLINGly gives up his/her password. OR they give out there password in hopes if getting riches. There are also some who GIVE the Hacker there items in hopes that he will duplicate the items. In that case I am glad the person got hacked. If you want to try and cheat to get free stuff then I am GLAD you got banned. But in those othere cases ( the ones were they willingly give out there password ) if they are stupid enough to do that then better it happen then then when they have had more stuff.
i agree about the part when people try to cheat gaia for items and get cheated

any other case though of an honest person making a mistake i think should not be treated so harshly. people say they are stupid or it's their fault, yet it could SO easily happen to them. people shouldn't be so harsh, especially when the person is already feeling shitty in the first place.
man that suck, i cant beileve that people would go so far to steal pixels of others.

i never click links like from randoms, and if they come from a friend i am really careful. i may not have items that are as expensive as yours but i did work hard to get them

I like your password idea there might be less hacking, but like you said the hackers might make new plans to go around this.
devyn-m
Clitical Hit!

That was still a pretty damn obvious fake PM. Although I do pity you, and think your password suggestion is good.

It wasnt obvious to me.. Maybe Im not as computer savvy as some people are.. but the last thing I would do is purposely risk losing everything I worked for..

User Image

Just a rule to go by, if his name isn't colored, he isn't an admin/mod. surprised And yes, I know there are "helpers" who sometimes have minor moderator abilities and do not have colored names, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Check their profile for registration date and things like that which could give them away. And if they're naked with default skin, eye, and hair type/color - no way it's a admin/mod/helper.

Ruthless Bloodsucker

Irie
hmm, the password thing would be a good idea, maybe it should be optional though. like you can set up the level of security of your account :0

Thast a great idea.. I am thinking of setting up a petition, if its a "do-able" thing for Gaia..

Thank You everyone.. and shadow surprised thanks <3333

User Image

devyn-m

User Image

It's bad that you lost your items, but I guess you've learned something in return, and can warn people about it so that they won't fall for it, on the bright side..
I was on my mule earlier this year checking my 06 collection.I logged out in went onto my main.When I saw that my mule was on I paniched and went to go log in again.But I couldn't so I pmed a mod as quickly as I could.Nothing got stolen because I pmed the mod fast enough.But I still had to wait a month and a week.When they made the update about your email address.I was able to get my account back.

My password is more safe now and I sold my set a month ago.
I still don't see how you fail for the attempt I really never bother to read them.But,you did make the mistake and clicking it so it would be 40% your fault.You should know to never click those links atleast you learned.

Profitable Tycoon

devyn-m
Irie

Thast a great idea.. I am thinking of setting up a petition, if its a "do-able" thing for Gaia..

Thank You everyone.. and shadow surprised thanks <3333

User Image

yeah, cause on my mules i seriously would not stay up crying if they were hacked. i wouldnt want to deal with tons of passwords for them.

Ruthless Bloodsucker

see, I honestly had received 2 similar PM's in the past.

1. to do beta testing on Towns back in o5" and the other to do beta testing on the new profile system, in mid o6".. So to be really honest, I wasnt at all thinking that this would be anything different.. I think thats why I clicked the link.

User Image

i always hate to see this kind of stuff. I think it because gaia is getting really big so more hackers find their way onto this site. as an exchanger, people also KNOW you have money so you're targetted a lot. I'm sorry to hear your loss and I agree with the password difference, i've been hacked on a different game before and i was devestated so i know how you feel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff