Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Plague

Of course they release a crapton of items when I'm broke. Those bundles are pretty amazing.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
SuccuViv
Sweet Sentiment
That's like saying the white of a canvas detracts from the paint upon it. The diamonds serve as a colorless "background" to enhance the main gemstone through contrast. The canvas is part of the painting, but it certainly isn't the focus of the viewer's attention.

Diamonds can only be the star when they are by themselves. Otherwise they are the second stringers because they don't have the color or vibrancy to stand out against the deep hues of the other precious gems.

As for impossible, it would require a certain sense of delicacy and taste to do properly, but it could be done.
User Image
That looks so much better!, way more delicate and I agree the sapphire does pop up C: I'm sad the recolors aren't as shiny as the original uo u; I love how blinding the diamond vault was XD

Thing I keep wanting to say has to do with people thinking that it only "takes five minutes to photoshop a recolor" and them having this attitude that it is acceptable by comparison to professional recolorings... I wont say more. I will say that I am extremely critical at this point.

Toothsome Elocutionist

Its really sad, I am so excited about these weekend bundle thing! But I only like one item out of both... sweatdrop

Next week Gaia! Do this again next week with new items emotion_kirakira

Sparkly Fairy

User Image

i knew i should have waited for cash, want most of those items in the weekend bundle for her. why why why.

but i already spent too much money(offline) for my bday. wah.

Newbie Noob

i'm surprised the i'm not more interested in that wknd bundle (<<< gah rly) ... i mean 6 items for 1499..wow. i also think the his bundle has better items to offer than the her bundle. oh well. i think i'm in love with those vault jewels. gorgeous. i want this bundle so much, so that everything else just wanes in comparison. 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding those recolors.

IRL Conventioneer

25,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
I like the sapphire vault, but what I'd REALLY love is an Emerald Vault. In a nice deep green. Even though that doesn't match much, because Gaia seems to have some sort of thing against green. sad

Tiny Shapeshifter

I'm rather surprised with the items in the For Him bundle since those items are pretty sought after (and costed a pretty penny when one had to deal with expensive mini-CI prices to get them originally). The items in For Her bundle seem to pale in comparison, but maybe it's just my bias showing.

Sparkly Fairy

User Image

i just saw the price on Eternal Chesed..... 650 BILLION. come on people. seriously? I'm not even willing to spend 14B on items i want(maybe 2b). Which is like a 1/4th of my gold...

OG Smoker

21,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
That weekend bundle for him is a great deal at $15 with an OMG inside... 3nodding

Sparkly Genius

16,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Befriended 100
*eye twitches* I really, really, really want those pink wings. emotion_dowant

Nice Super Bundles, Gaia!!! heart

So Long Gay Bowser's Significant Otter

Loves You

36,000 Points
  • In a Lilac Forest 500
  • Blink If You Love Me 500
  • Hart of the Forest 500
The super bundle sucked me in, a pegasus and pink wings? And the OMG in the other? I already had the Kiki but at least they have good value. Or did?

Demonic Lover

Nyadriel
Thing I keep wanting to say has to do with people thinking that it only "takes five minutes to photoshop a recolor" and them having this attitude that it is acceptable by comparison to professional recolorings... I wont say more. I will say that I am extremely critical at this point.
Sometimes recoloring is that easy XD; it might be a little time consuming because of all of the different layers but many of the bad recolors we have are due to only hue changes, some lovely recolors can also be achieved just by messing around in photoshop as well, some just don't need any retouching XD it depends on the item.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Mirumoto_Tsubasa
I like the sapphire vault, but what I'd REALLY love is an Emerald Vault. In a nice deep green. Even though that doesn't match much, because Gaia seems to have some sort of thing against green. sad

Actually, are you referring to the green in the Milady set? Nice.. but I think - you know the Cherubim's Emerald Green Wings ? This is the green I prefer them to use for the Vault. If it were 'glowey and sparkly'. Pretty yes?
It's the green I wish they would use to recolor Juno's Lace, too.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
SuccuViv
Nyadriel
Sometimes recoloring is that easy XD; it might be a little time consuming because of all of the different layers but many of the bad recolors we have are due to only hue changes, some lovely recolors can also be achieved just by messing around in photoshop as well, some just don't need any retouching XD it depends on the item.

I will have to think real hard on that. Some of the suggestions they take are direct from the threads without any touchups or readjustments on the shade. (yes I have noticed this and it bothers me) That is why I complain or get critical of a user when they do a recolor. I wish I had the tech skills and the tools as well as a place to upload and all of that or I would do some myself. As it is, I have to critique other's efforts (not that they retry or anything)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff