Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Fashionable Warrior

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My thoughts/Feelings:
Who I'm with: Razael

[℣] Nodding at his words, she took in account that she was in fact lucky. Reaching her right hand up to her left arm, she began to undo the knotted bandage, then unwrapping her upper arm. It was starting to clot but not by much, considering its depth. The cut ran diagonal up her arm, almost into her shoulder area. "One of the ones I failed to dodge.." She explained, knowing it could have been from any number of injuries. Next, she moved to her leg on the same side. She moved up a bit to have enough room to remove the bandage. Using both hands, she unwrapped it, revealing the multiple cuts as if glass and been embedded. Her eyes lifted, dropping the wrap to the floor. "In the act of dodging a what would be fatal hit, I fell to a side, landing in the glass.." Her right hand lifted, moving to her head, which was already stopped bleeding, but could perhaps needed tending. Her left arm remained still, as to not cause pain from the wound at her arm. As she gathered her hair from her neck, she angled her head for him to see better. A straight line of hair was missing where a good four inch cut rested, otherwise hidden from her hair at the base. "I, wasn't quick enough." She gave a pause letting him analyze it. "I escaped with a few smoke bombs.. but not after throwing a few of my knives their way." No, she didn't let them off easy by just leaving. She remained still, listening to what he had to say.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Vicious`Mistress

User Image

Location: Asper - Vanessa's Quarters ~ With: Vanessa

The wound was slowly being revealed and the skill of the wrap, hid the seriousness fairly well. The cut that ran from forearm to near shoulder was deep. The trajectory of this line was going to her neck and for a split second Raz thought about what may have happened had she not had even attempted to dodge. Her body scooted up a bit and when she motioned to remove the wrap upon her leg, he swooped in to help to ease the use of her left arm. Upon her leg were puncture wounds and cuts. They were very angry looking and swollen of course. His face was down close towards her leg when his eye's were cast to the side of her head. There too was a wound that had begun to at least clot. Four inches and missing hair.

It seemed important to her to tell him that she hadn't let her attackers off easy, but he wasn't the kind to judge. He personally didn't like to fight but had learned to be able to defend himself and his loved ones. He would avoid physical confrontation as much as he possibly could when dealing with anyone else but his own kind. Rare. Considering. This wasn't about him of course. It was about Vanessa. Perhaps it was because she was human? Perhaps in her human mind she felt guilt? Regret? Embarrassment for her state of being? He wasn't sure.

"Well...I hope that all of them hit." he replied with a soft smile to her. He turned his eye's back to her leg and sort of scanned the totality of her wounds with a deep inhale and exhale.

"Your human and so, prone to infections that other species are not. Unfortunately this will mean a little longer recovery time. So let's do this from least serious, to worst." he said turning to rummage into his black bag. He would pull out all sorts of boxes, packs and dark glassed vials. He slipped on glasses that held a little light in the upper right corner to be able to see the wound on the side of her head. That would was dark due to her hair and the colour of the coagulated blood. With tongs and a sterile soaked pad he would (as gently as he could) begin to wipe at the cut there. Yes it would sting. He would pause to give her a moment, reminding her to not hold her breath. He would continue and eventually the wound would no longer sting nearly as bad. Once all trace blood was removed he could see that this cut wasn't as deep as it could be. Indeed Lady Luck was on her side.

"It's not deep enough for stitches but also not a surface cut. So I am going to use a liquid band-aid on you. But first..." he would pull up a chair and scootch it to bedside. He was perhaps not surprisingly very gently with his touch. He began to braid her hair away from the cut so that way it would out of the way.

"The dressing is going to make this would seem far worse than what it is I'm afraid." there was a light smile upon his perfect face. His tone was light as a means to lighten the mood into something more calming.

He placed a clear square patch of gauze over the wound. 'Just hold here a moment please' and once she held it, Razael would secure it using a lightweight gauzey like wrap, wrapping it around her head. She would like kinda cool actually. More like a pirate in a way.

"Okay...next...that leg." he would shift down with his chair and gently turn and roll her leg to get a good look at the wounds.
                                        "You still have bits of glass embedded in there..." he would move to fish out his long narrow nosed tweezers. A few smaller ones and one larger piece.

The larger piece would make her squeal upon removal and no doubt she wouldn't like the wipe down with disinfectant. To help her he would spray her after the disinfectant with cold thermal water to soothe her skin. He'd press dry (gently) and then apply a salve over the wounds of her leg before wrapping in the thinner gauze.

"This balm will speed up your own bodies natural processes. Excellent if your particularly a slow healer. Like magic if your a fast one. I made this myself. It contains ingredients that help to leave little to no scaring for humans!" that's right because the majority of his work has been on humans.

"Now then. This arm." and of course they had arrived to the very hardest. "There are parts that are deep and parts that are shallow. Lucky for you I got my hands on a little something. It's alien technology technically, delivered in a usable system for humans to be able to use." he went to his bag and pulled out what looked like a long but fat sharpie pen.

"Green light, helps heal the wounds from the inside. I drop...THIS optical fibre bonding agent into the wound and then put the green light over it. It's a sticky medical dye that bonds the collagen molecules in the skin back together when it is exposed to the green laser light." he said clearly getting a little nerdy there in a moment.

"Anyways, mine's stronger than the blueprints initially given to humans. It's not going to totally take away your scars but it can make them barely noticeable. I can have this done in ten minutes...if you'd like?" he needed her permission of course and so, he aimed to find out just how much she trusted him.

Symbiote: Here
                                        The Black Smoke There
                                        In Flight His Wings
                                        His Current Threads Outfit
                                        The Flesh Physique
                                        Etchings Markings *Looks like scarification when not in Viribus Form

Fashionable Warrior

User Image

My thoughts/Feelings:

[℣] Knowing this process wasn't going to be easy from the get go, pain would be involved. Cleaning and applying medication before the true healing process could begin. The told herself, trying to ignore the pain to come. Wasn't so easy however. She breathed through her nose when possible, clenching her teeth as he dug out the glass, at times clenching the comforter at the bed. With her head rewrapped, she felt like a mummy, but admired the braid, surely it was to keep the hair out. Vanessa knew he wasn't trying to hurt her, but help her. The leg was another issue. Her eyes watered at moments, trying her best not to even look at what he was doing. The soothing spray did help to say the least, calming the pain. As he worked to her shoulder, he spoke of a new method. From what she gathered, he was very good at what he did. No doubt it was from years of practice, her guess is beyond her. Giving a nod, she smiled only briefly, unsure if this would hurt worse then all the others. "I'm willing to try it. No, I don't have any magical abilities, so I heal normally." Plain old human. Her uninjured hand fanned herself slightly, the stress and pain causing her to become hot, also drying any tears in the process. She was ready when he was, and she went back to remaining still.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Vicious`Mistress

User Image

Her pursed his lips inwards apologetically and nodded once. He got up and went to the bathroom and grabbed a clean hand towel. It was rolled and handed it to her.

"Just in case..."

He took his seat once again. Step on. Disinfect. This one came in a dropper formula and it burned like a ********. Razael held her as comfortably around the elbow as he could to prevent her from jerking her hand back. Once the bonder went in, you had to do the green light laser. Second her placed liquid band-aid on the shallower cuts and cleaned up/bandaged up her hand. Third came the numbing which was surprisingly in a aerosol. He sprayed it all about the wound. He'd time out a good 7 minutes and then go in with the fibre bonder. It was in a dropper format as well to which he would drop into the deeper parts of the wound. He would have to pry open the wounds a touch, ever to carefully. Once that was in he took the pen and like cutting metal, this would do the opposite. The bonder grew micro arms, like unpainful barbs and the light shrank them pulling the two halves of the skin together. I mean, heat on an open would. How do you think that would feel? s**t. Accept Vanessa was numbed at least partially. She would feel the burn deeper, life her veins were on fire.

"It's okay...almost through this section...you're doing great...just a little more. I promise to break after this part..." he was keep talking to her, reassuring her, coaching her.

"I can do other treatments on you to ensure that your scaring goes away completely. I think this is much safer for humans over the xenomorphic way." he couldn't recall if he had given her that dosage before? The one with the bullet like object that you shove into the wound and it foams up. It was meant to stop the bleeding and plug up essentially holes to ensure that one doesn't bleed out and die. He shook his head.

"Okay...there! Do you wish to break or shall I just mush through and complete this?" he asked giving her the chance.

The Black Smoke There
                                        In Flight His Wings
                                        The Flesh Physique

Fashionable Warrior

User Image

My thoughts/Feelings:

[℣] Not quite understanding what the towel was for, she held it anyway, giving her something to squeeze it seemed. He was correct, the pain was much worse. She tried her best to keep her mind distracted. Anything to keep her mind away from his actions. It helped for a little until he applied the bonder. A silent cry as she closed her eyes, but tried her best not to move. She at least knew that was important. Sure she wanted to jerk her arm away, and run off screaming. Looking up to him as he spoke, she smiled a bit, tears at her eyes, along with sniffling. At the mention of the Xeno, thing, she recalled. "Yeah," She sniffled from the recent pain. "You used it on me when Heiden and I got attacked on the island. Sword went through my stomach." She probably even still had a slight scar from the wound, but not nearly as bad if it wouldn't have been for him. Perhaps, he would recall her nearly collapsing in the hall and them meeting. Reguardless, she answered his question."Let's get this over with." Not meaning it in a rude way, but she was starting wear down even more. Tiredness still longed at her with the lack of food.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Vicious`Mistress

User Image

"Ahh yes, how could I forget. Sorry but not sorry. It's a rather painful procedure." he clicked his head to the side as if to say: though the alternative would be worse.

"Like I said. We can work on eliminating any scars you might have currently or get."

He would finish sealing up the wound and as promised, in ten minutes it was done. Raziel then put on some salve before wrapping it and securing it. It was then that a knock on the door came. In came Jenica with the food that Vanessa had requested.

"Ahh, good idea. Would you care if I joined you to eat?"

Jenica's brows threatened to disappear into her hairline when Razael asked to eat with them. She looked to Vanessa clearly speechless and leaving this up to her. She'd babble.

"I-uh...I mean...as long as Vanessa is okay" Jenica knew that Vanessa just had to be tired.

The Black Smoke There
                                        In Flight His Wings
                                        The Flesh Physique

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Vicious`Mistress
User ImageUser Image

Loction: Asper - V's Quarters ~ With: Vanessa,
Jenica, Razael

User Image

After not getting a response from Razael, Oni would take herself down and into her ship. The trail of fresh food had lead her down to Vanessa's room. Clearly she had just missed Jenica in the kitchen. Oni was right behind Jenica to her unawares.

"Yes, I think I might like to join too"

Jenica jumped but Oni was quick. She removed the tray from Jenica's hands as her arms had come up. No doubt preventing a messy accident and a waste of food.

"Jesus H Onyx! You scared me!!! When...when did you get back!? WHY are you back so soon!?"

"I caught wind Vanessa was back and since Lithia's coronation got moved to tomorrow, I had to come back and get appropriate attire anyways." she shrugged a little. Her yellow topaz eye's then moved to Vanessa.

"Thank you so much for the gift. It's stunning...." her eye's then moved to her injuries.
"What....happened?" the look on her face was one of worry.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lithia Kane
User Image

When Lithia got up to go and get change Linia followed a little and would take a seat near by. This way she would not break the connection of the conversation they were having. Lithia had mentioned that the mob were decent in size.

"Perfect. With me around we'll both be happy then..."

However, when Lithia came back out and had asked about what it was like taking over planets and such, her head tilted to the side at her, just like a damn dog. It was such a strange and unexpected question for her.

"You...want to know...why?" Was there a planet Lithia was looking to take over? Was she looking for pointers? Or just curious perhaps.

"...it's hard work. Very. A lot of beings die. Worth it though. Especially when they are scum sucking Viribus's. Though...they do have some good traits...just not on their own." she would say.

OOC:

Fashionable Warrior

User Image

My thoughts/Feelings:

[℣] Vanessa suffered through the pain, despite the reality of it all. Listening to him, she gave a nod in confirmation about the scars. "Mhm." Her head had managed to droop slightly as her eyes became heavy, her posture, everything sank. Her body was telling to rest and let it heal, but her stomach protested. As if on cue, voices were heard at the hall then into her room. Jenica with the promised food, followed by, Onyx! She wanted to jump up and hide the cut and marks, knowing she would be scolded for it or at least worry her a bit. However, she did not, also lacking the energy. She was becoming sore, and Razael's hard work would have gone to waste. At each of thier questions to join her, she nodded, giving a soft smile. "Of course, you guys are welcome to." Though, it made her wonder why Jenica was so nervous. Weren't they her family too, in a way? Onyx had mentioned she loved the gift, very much so. This made her happy that her efforts had paid off, even if it was dangerous. "I thought it would suit you well." But then, came the question.

'What... happened?'

Vanessa nearly gulped the remaining saliva she had left as it coated her dry throat as her eyes glanced away briefly. Her eyes moved back to her after a moment though, she wouldn't dare lie. "I..I had a bit of a run in with a few guards.. and the glass I crashed into, and that was thrown at me." Her eyes shifted to Razael whom knew the story. However, she looked back to Onyx and gave a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, I've been in worse." She knew all to well, whether it was the kidnapping or the island, she has had worse. Clearing her throat, she tried to change the subject, looking to Jenica and smiled. "What ya got there?" The obvious hunger gnawing at her stomach.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Vicious`Mistress

User Image

<< Location: Asper - Vanessa's quarters - >> With: Vanessa >> Wearing: ROK

Jenica looked between the lot of them as Vanessa explained what had transpired. She too let her eye's linger on the Captain. For a moment there she wanted to blurt a protest to not be angry with Vanessa. Instead she would take Onyx's attention by snatching her tray back. Turning to face Vanessa (and before Onyx's could speak) she walked over to her.

"Your sammich and milk. I got you a kaiser with juicy fresh ham with melted swiss, romaine lettuce, tomato, a tiny bit of mayo with a smear of honey mustard. Oh and cucumber with a dash of black pepper and organic sea salt. Complete with side pickle!" she said pointing to the side of the plate to show case the crunchy dill. She would hand it to her.

"I guess I gotta whip up something else for the rest of us. I got something re-heating in the oven. I shall be right back!" she would say with a happy smile before skipping off once again.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Vicious`Mistress
User ImageUser Image

Loction: Asper - V's Quarters ~ With: Vanessa,
Jenica, Razael

User Image

Even as Vanessa had spoke, there were moments when Onyx's eye's narrowed at her as if trying to pry the truth out of her words. Those yellow topaz, eye's of hers would touch on every visible band-aid that she could readily see. Then to Raziel whom, she could never read due to the fact that if he didn't want you to know something, that was that. She turned her attention back to Vanessa. She was about to say something when Jenica snatched the tray from her and took it to Vanessa. Her description sounded rather yummy but was thankful to hear that she already had something brewing. Hurricane Jenica was gone as quick as that.

"Hmphf...well, I suppose it's true. You have been in worse. Still...you look like you got your a** beat up pretty good..." she came into the room now and stood to lean on the bed post. She crossed her arms to her stuffy chest.

"I'm impressed." she said watching Vanessa. Onyx didn't know if Vanessa was telling the whole truth but she decided in this moment that it didn't matter. Lessons were learned. She was alive. Hopefully next time Vanessa would be more fortunate to be able to call for back up. She decided that she would not grill her. The poor girl had gone through enough.

"I mean you are human and this...this is a good one, no doubt. Doc...do you think she may be well enough to come to Samara with us?"

"Hm...perhaps as long as she uses crutches or a wheel chair perhaps. She really needs to rest though."

"Maybe the elves could help. Surely their waters can complete the rest of your handy work?"

"Oh! I completely forgot about that!" he looked to Vanessa "How would you like to go to the city of elves and be healed by them!?"

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

onyx2047
Quote:

Lithia was a little curious about the we will both be happy thing but she did not voice it. Changed and on her bed the two of them would continue to converse. She hadn't expected the stare from the other to look just like it did. She wanted to laugh but that would be quite rude would it not.

"Honest pure curiosity...it sounds like a decently hard conquest to undertake..."

She paused to listen to the other quietly. Then she tapped her chin,

"Oh yeah...you have many children technically don't you...?...how do you pull that off...I mean...not to sound rude or anything...?"

Now it was her turn to tilt her head in confusion.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lithia Kane
User Image

Linia's mouth hung open. This was...the strangest thing ever. I mean no one had ever had the balls to ask her such questions. For the first time, Linia, the great terrestrial was thrown off guard. People don't ask Linia questions. So...many questions.

"It's not that hard...you just sleep with your lame, dead partners father because you know he will produce you a good seed. Then, because you agreed to go back to his home planet you breed like crazy. They grow up enough and because they love their mother they help you annihilate the species one by one. They are very hungry when they are young and need to feed a lot." she said that last part quite proudly.

"You see, my species are a little like baby turtles. They leave the nest quite early and are fairly self sufficient." her voice was flat, frank, and monotone.

OOC:
angel_of_darkness_4000
Lithia Kane

"Yes, I am completely aware that there are some places best left to their own devices. I myself have traveled through a good portion of them in my younger years" Andrea would pause here as some of those unsavory places swam to the front of her memory. She had really gotten into alot of bad places before.

"Someday I would like to be able to explore some of those beautiful areas, the ocean facinates me!"

Andrea listened to the story of Vera about Lithia. "That helps to explain how she knew how to handle me when I arrived back on the Asper. She was so very kind to me. I never did get a chance to thank her for all the kindness she showed me during that time. Lithia had known exactly what to say and what to do to ease Andrea's mind when she had come back to the ship.
"Any man or woman who tries to claim ownership of another who does bad to that person should be punished. There are, if my memory serves me correct, some who own people but do so in such a way that they are a member of the family rather than an object. The blue eyes from her memory swam infront of her eyes and a smile would grace her lips. "Yes, some ownership is not so bad" she would say half to herself.

Fashionable Warrior

User Image

My thoughts/Feelings:
Who I'm with: Razael, Onyx, Jenica

[℣] Jenica had offered the tray out to her. Accepting it, she glanced over the food as she decribed it. With a bright smile, she looked back up to Jenica. "It looks very delicous, thank you." Though, it would be a bit odd everyone eating in her room. "We can move to the bar, if you guys like. A bedroom isnt the best place to eat." She would comment, wanting everyone to eat but also be comfortable. Not to mention, it probably smelled like blood to them. Before another word was spoken to Jenica, she has darted off to check something.

Vanessa just sat quietly with the tray at her lap, listening to the others speak. Onyx was impressed? Surely that was was code for 'Your not dead, so that's good'. Vanessa didn't feel proud about her being impressed and barely surviving this attack, it should have never happened. Would also been throwing a wrench into the mess if she had told Onyx it was for the mask. That wouldn't help. Eyeing the pickle, she picked it up and crunched on it as quietly as she could. She wanted to protest having to use crutches, let alone a wheel chair, but remained silent. She could walk, just not very well. Surely Razael would have something to say about that, not to mention, it would prolong the pain and healing.
Then another race was mentioned. Elves? She's never really seen one in person, but heard stories of them. Vanessa started to get a bit excited, glancing between them both. "Yes, I mean, sure. If it would help, but I don't wanna intrude. It seems you had this planned out before I returned." God yes she would feel terrible, being hurt and coming along unexpectedly. Besides, being human, was she even allowed to do such a thing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff