Rules
Rooms
Employees
The Moon
Banners/Affiliates
Announcements

The Moonlit Prowls Theme Song.

User Image
Regardless of time, place, season, or dimension as you travel you eventually find a door along your path. In the surface of a rock, behind a waterfall, in the back of a shop, standing alone in the center of a field. As you approach the door nothing seems overly out of the ordinary about it. It's a simple door, made of dark wood that seems old but in good repair. There's an emblem on the door of a full moon, the moon is so realistic you feel you must touch it. When you do you find that it feels real and dust comes off on your fingers. The handle too, is simple in design, silver and round. When you grasp it, it's cool to the touch but not cold. The handle turns easily and the door swings open freely. Looking though the door you see an open field shrouded in dusk, but bright moonlight also bathes everything a hue of silver. When you step through the door the air that greets you is cool but pleasant and the scent of many flowers dances upon the slight breeze that never seems to die. Gazing upward you see a clear night sky full of sparkling stars and one, almost abnormally, large moon. Turning to look back through the door you see that here it's housed in a large tree. Trees extend in both directions to encircle the field. Looking back across the meadow you notice a large building in the center. The dirt path under your feet seems to lead to it.
Hulubaloo.

Invisible Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Intro
-Building and Surroundings-
Rules
Rooms
Employees
The Moon
Banners/Affiliates
Announcements
((Sorry, I'm a perfectionist and couldn't find pictures that I liked so you'll have to use your imagination for the time being.))

Before you step away from the door you look back to the forest beyond its station. The forest is dense and you can't seem to see any mountains in the distance in any direction, just trees. Should you venture into the woods it would be almost impossible to keep your sense of direction. However, no matter how fast or slow you traveled, whether you followed a single path or took many twists and turns, after a measure of time the forest would spit you back out opposite the edge of the meadow you entered. In all four cardinal directions there was an identical door on an identical tree. The only indication that your position had changed would be the view of the building and the stars in the sky. However if you were one who knew the sky, you'd realize this wasn't the one you knew. The constellations were all gone and there was nothing even resembling a north star. If you happened to have a compass, the needle would always point to the building in the meadow. It would seem that was the only place to go. As you walk down the path there is a constant breeze, but it feels awkward. Never does it alter or falter, just a constant, consistent breeze. Almost as if you were standing in front of a fan on a very low setting.

As you draw nearer to the building you can see that it resembles a southern colonial mansion in architecture. Three stories high with large windows, for to six pillars to support the eave over the three steps leading up to the doors. White trimmed in oak all seeming to be made from wood. As you reached the steps you'd notice that the double doors where identical to the one you entered this place through. The handle would turn silently and the door would open the same way. Stepping through the doorway you would find yourself in at the edge of a well lit open floor space though you wouldn't be able to see the light source. It seemed to be a large tiled dance floor, along the walls were several round tables with simple yet elegant chairs around them. On each of the tables sat a small candle in a clouded vase, more for decoration than illumination. In the corners of the wall behind you there where replicas of the moon, each about four feet in diameter. Any fighting on the moon could be seen here. From seemingly nowhere drifted a instrumental music that could barely be heard simply for back round noise. This room took up the front half of the first and second floors. Across the room against the majority of the opposite wall was a long enclosed bar. It was as simple waist high bar that with a hinged door at the far stage right side. Behind the wall between the staircases was almost completely taken up by a large alcohol rack. The only space clear was a door with an 'Employees Only' sign on it. The dark wood of the bar offset by the white of the staircases at both ends. These stair cases curved up and around to meet again above/behind the bar leading to a walkway along the three walls. On the second story walk way against the far wall would be four doors, similar to the ones from before minus the moon emblem, these lead off to the second story rooms. In the corners where the back wall and side walls met where spiralling staircases that led up to the third floor. Along the side walls would be more tables like the ones below. The third floor was nothing impressive. Hard wood hallways with doors for rooms, regardless of what was happening sound would not travel through the floor in either direction. Notable about the entire building was that there where several clocks throughout it. Simple wood framed clocks, all of them set to 11:59:45. If you were to check you own time keeping device it would be stopped as well. The time never changed and the sky outside never shifted (save a few clouds driven on that odd wind), yes it was as if time here was at a standstill. Wandering these halls long enough, or perhaps for just a short time, and you would find yet another set of stairs.

These would lead up to the roof and..... a pool? Yes, there is a large lap pool on the roof, along with three hot tub/jacuzzis and a kiddy pool. Several wood lawn chairs boarder the pool on the flat roof. A railing just outside of them with narrow panelling to prevent accidental falls. Off in the corner furthest from the pool is a few leather easy chairs and a table with a tea set and an older style phone. The sky view from the roof is impressive, from here the moon looks even larger. About three times as large the one seen from Earth.

1,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Intro
Building and Surroundings

-Rules-
Rooms
Employees
The Moon
Banners/Affiliates
Announcements

1.) As you've probably guessed, l-Momentie-l is another of my accounts. Both of these characters are God in this thread. My word rises above any rule I have here. If I tell you to stop something, even if it's not mentioned here, it had best stop. That being said I'm a fairly nice guy so it shouldn't be a problem.
2.) Obey Gaia TOS. I'll spell it out, no cybering, no trolling, no flaming. It's not hard people. There is no cybering on Gaia, that includes my thread. I understand people argue, but try to keep it under control.
3.) There is no fighting in the tavern. I have The Moon for that. It will be stated in The Moons' page as well but here is the basics. No god-moding, no one likes it. No killing, I don't like death. You want to kill your character do it some where else.
4.) Try to stay IC. I'm not a stickler on this one but let's try not to have more than 3-4 pages of OOC in a row please. I'm sneaking this in here because it's a good place. Go back up and highlight the first post, the hidden word is the secret word. Also make sure it's obvious when you're OOC. Use (()){{}}[[]] or something.
5.) This is a semi-literate thread. It won't kill you to type out your words. Spelling is no big deal to me, grammar slightly more. Seriously people, every sentence starts with a capital letter, so do names. Please remember that.
6.) Try to make actions, thoughts, and speech with discernible differences. I don't like trying to decide if I'm hearing something or accidentally reading your mind.
7.) Employees must pm an application to either XainEternal or l-Momentie-l, and follow the application skeleton.
8.) No shameless advertising. If you would like affiliation then just PM me your add. Sig don't count as shameless.
9.) Lastly, I reserve the right to add, remove, or alter rules as I see fit. Remember that.

Invisible Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Intro
Buildings and Surroundings
Rules

-Rooms-
Employees
The Moon
Banners/Affiliates
Announcements

Ya know what? Forget it. I'm too lazy to deal with assigning rooms and all that crap. You want a room, you have it. No keys or locks. However, you can not under any circumstances enter some one elses' room with out their permission. I don't care what you're character can do, they can't do that. The rooms are sound proof and...... that should pretty much cover it.

1,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Intro
Buildings and $urroundings
Rules
Rooms

-Employees-
The Moon
Affiliates
Announcements

Please fill out a the application and PM it to either l-Momentie-l or XainEternal, entitled/subject 'Hell'. Also please bold the skeleton, I'd put the commands on there for you but I don't know how to do that so the code shows up instead of it just bolding what I've written. If some one wants to send me an explanation I'll make it easier on you guys. Special thanks to Nikias Alveris for telling me how to put it so you can just copy and past the skeleton Regardless, employees must post at least a small character profile. Ya know, what they've done, who they've killed, and where the bodies are stashed. Regulars are encouraged to post a one but I won't require it. Of course I won't stop anyone from posting one. Employees and regulars should PM their profiles to either of me and I'll get it posted post-haste, you can combine them if you're submitting an application, otherwise title/subject it 'Profile'.

-Skeleton-

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]User Name:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] ((Pic. or written I don't care.))
[b]Position Desired:[/b]
[b]Usual Time You're On:[/b] ((Optional))
[b]Secret Word:[/b]
[b]Question:[/b] What differences are in this post that should be the same as the others: ((Hint: There are two.))

Note: The question isn't mandatory I just want to see how observant you are, one is obvious in my mind and the other is kinda hidden.

(3/3) Owners:Xain (XainEternal)
Alexandria (XainEternal)
Momentie (l-Momentie-l)
(0/2) Managers: ((Preferably people who are on when I'm not.))
(2/?) Bartenders/Server: Driz D. Grawpplletaz (The Crimson Angel King)
Bade (Onyx Polar Bear)
(1/?) Host/Hostess: Satira (YoungLadyRPer)
(0/?) Lifeguard/Pool Side Service:
(0/?) Regulars:

Idea for a different position? Then fill out the skeleton and put that position instead.

I have now moved all the profiles to a their own thread. It can be found here at the Moonlit Prowl Tavern Employees/Regulars Profiles

Invisible Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Intro
Rules
Rooms
Employees

-The Moon-
Banners/Affiliates
Announcements

Fly me to -The Moon-

Well this will be where any battles in my thread end up. Ask a person OOC if they would like to fight and if they agree you can go duel style and be teleported to the moon by asking an employee or you can suddenly start fighting and be automatically teleported. Only one fight post is allowed then, even if there's no employee to say it, all participants will be automatically teleported to the moon where the won't break my building. If they decline then don't push the matter, this will irritate me.

1,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Intro
Building and Surroundings
Rules
Employees
The Moon

-Banners/Affiliates-
Announcements

Banners
Here are my banners. Help yourself.

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/moonlit-prowl-tavern-inn/t.55247741//][img]http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/Momentie/MoonlitStuff/MoonlitTavern.gif[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/moonlit-prowl-tavern-inn/t.55247741_1/][img]http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/Momentie/MoonlitStuff/header.jpg[/img][/url]

Affiliates
These are places that definitely have one of my doors. If you would like to affiliate your thread with mine then PM me with a link.

User Image
User Image
When Day Turns In Tonight: Dance Club
User Image

Invisible Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Intro
Rules
Employees
The Moon
Banners/Affiliates

-Announcements-

This is where forum related announcements will go. Yes it's an obvious statement but let's face it, some people need everything drawn in crayon for them.

-Grand Opening will be 9:00 8:00 PM, November 20th PST, but I may move the time and date up depending on my work schedule. -
-Time was changed and adjustments have been made to the description, sweatdrop had forgotten an essential part.-
-AAAAAAAANND WE'RE OPEN!!!-
-Gaia slapped my wrists so the rules changed ever so slightly. Also the tavern now has a theme song. 4laugh Enjoy!-

Ok, so I'm having computer problems and it will be a while before I can properly run my tavern again. Out of my regulars night_shade36 and Jelly Ds have the best understanding of my rules and the general make up of my little realm here. They are in charge, just under them would be any of the employees. No real changes, but it's now noted.

Okay, so I'm back for the most part... anyone who wants to apply can..

Backflip
Fight Tournament

200,000 Gold Prize!

My name is Backflip and I am hosting a tournament soon and looking for interested fighters and establishments.

The tournament will hop between various establishments that agree to host the battles. The winner of the Tournament will receive 200,000 gold and be crowned champion over all the participating bars.

The fight rules of the tournament are a bit unorthodox. I, Backflip will gladly explain them if you wish for more information.

Participating Bars:

Gehenna Nights
Mystics Nights
Black Dragon Tavern
Moonlit Prowl Tavern and Inn

As there is a 200,000 gold purse for winning the tournament, I am using a fight system rather than having a straight up RP fighting. The system does use and reward excellent role-playing skills, but the outcomes of matches are determined by stats and dice.

Youtube vids on the Fighting style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRDHF0hdsc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umq_pRmGATk

Tournament training ground for those interested in participating and need to practice and hone their skills.
Tournament Training Ground

Contest
I'm in an odd mood tonight so I'm gonna play on a whim. It's a little ways away but the person with the first post on pg. 1000 will receive a March 2010 thank you letter from me.
Rules for this contest:
I don't want excessive OOC in my thread, so only people who have rp'd at least once can qualify and any person who bumps more than 15 times is disqualified. Don't like it? Not my problem. I don't like bumps, they're pointless. Good luck to anybody who wants to shoot for that.

1,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
-Xain would come down the stairs from the third floor, fiddling with the ends of his sleeves slightly his quiver at his side swaying slightly as he walked. This was the closest he came to being nervous. After all, it had been many years since he'd had to deal with any one other than Alexandria and Momentie. The main hall was set up slightly different tonight. A banquet table set up in the center with a wide assortment of food for who ever would come.- HURRY UP! PEOPLE WILL BE HERE SOON!!! -One of the second story hallway doors was open to admit his voice though it was uncertain who he was calling to.-

1,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I KNOW I KNOW! -A soft but loud voice drifted out from the open door. Quickly followed by a fair skinned woman in a large white and yellow gown. Her long grey hair was in a pony tail behind her. Tied with a lacy yellow ribbon with a yellow flower atop it. Holding the dress up slightly as she ran out the door and took a hop over the railing. Her black, butterfly like wings flapping gently and slowing her decent. This was Alexandria, she had taken the form of a forest sprite this evening, it being one of her more 'elegant' forms. Landing gracefully and softly on the ground floor she'd look about.- So where is everybody?

Beloved Conversationalist

A creepily boney hand Lightly grips one of the frames from the door in the northern tree and slowly pushes it open. A snappy voice comes from the half open door. " Stop with the dramatic opening of this door Driz and just go in . " Says a voice that just speaks volumes about the speaker. A quite gentlemanly voice says " But, Dear Jack first Impressions are everything" Driz Says as he pushes the door the rest of the way open and looks around at the clearing he just stepped into.

Invisible Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
((Welcome King.)) -Momentie, too, would come down from the third floor. His normal attire of black clothing and bracers. Anastasha just a few steps behind him.- They will be here soon. I even got you a couple bartenders who might show up tonight.

1,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
MOMENTIE!! -Alexandria would recognize his vioce and turn, jumping and flying the rest of the way to meet him halfway down the stair case to the main floor. Staying aloft as she hugged him close to her, hovering horizontally to make up for the heighth differance.- When did you get here? -Xain had been speaking with him earlier and simply turned to face the door.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff