Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates or Ninjas?

Pirates 0.36691542288557 36.7% [ 295 ]
Ninjas 0.63308457711443 63.3% [ 509 ]
Total Votes:[ 804 ]

@cloud: well it says that it's only built for windows xp on the side of the brain so I'm not sure if I can install windows 7, to me it seem very old

so basically mac can't be upgraded ? wow that sucks

Aged Codger

It can, but it's a lot more expensive and bothersome than upgrading a PC.

I'd just put Windows XP on it first, run dxdiag to check the specs, and if they seem good enough install Windows 7 afterwards.
@cloud: I don't have a windows xp disk , my computer got upgraded with false software
but I can get windows 7 for 30$ as a student and try to see if it works with the computer

@cindy: hello cindy how have you been?
Cloud Strifes
Captain Fox McCloud
Cloud Strifes
Rocket Mayhem
Cloud Strifes
Rocket Mayhem
I'll just buy it to be on the safe side ,I got this computer upgraded to windows xp and it turns out that it was false software and I had the microsoft validation harassing my computer, luckily I managed to get that uninstalled and stopped getting windows updates.
what parts do you recommend, cause I know I can get a 1.5 terabite(sp?) harddrive at best buy

It really depends on how much you are willing to spend. I could recommend all the best parts, but it would probably cost a stupid amount of money. xd

Would you want to get a new monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers with it? Give me a money limit and I'll try and build up the best PC I can for the price. mrgreen
well the output parts I could probably use from my current computer
the price range for me would be $400-500 ,I wouldn't need a computer with a really good graphics , just one that will let me play oblivion, ram could be 3 gb or 2gb , the harddrive I could get on my own

For $500 I think you could get something that runs Oblivion pretty smoothly.

Here's a list of components broken down that would probably meet your budget:

CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6750 2.66Ghz - $145
Motherboard: ASUS P5G41-M Intel G41 Express - $65
RAM: KINGSTON Twin Pack 2x2 gig (4gig Total) DDR2 800Mhz - $115
DVD Drive: LITE-ON 24x BLACK SATA DVD/CD ReWritable Drive IHAS324 - $25
Graphics Card: ATi Radeon HD5670 - $120
Case: Infinity B12BR mATX Tower - $20
Power Supply: Huntkey 450watt PSU - $60

All together that comes to around $545 Australian which converted comes to about $500 USD, right on your budget. xd

With that PC you'd be able to run Oblivion on High Detail no problem as well as be able to play all the recent games that are coming out now.

To answer your question about Dragon Age, it's great, truly my favourite game of last year, Almost as good as Oblivion imo. mrgreen
It's crazy that a computer with specs like that a four years ago would cost 2 grand.

That's pretty true, the PC I'm using is about 4 years old and pretty close to these specs, it costed me about $1700 at the time. xd

My laptop cost $800 4 years ago and it only has 512MB RAM, 1.8GHz processor and a 60gb HDD. I have upgraded it to a 160 GB HDD since, but that is because the old one died. I could probably up my ram to 2GB for $100 too, but still, net books now a days are more powerful than this thing for half the price.
Eric Draven Ekibyougami
Well, I have been to L.A. a few times. The work I did was manual labor, like most other mexicans... s**t sucked.

@Karu: Hey baby ;p
that sucks , but did they pay you?
Captain Fox McCloud
Cloud Strifes
Captain Fox McCloud
Cloud Strifes
Rocket Mayhem
the price range for me would be $400-500 ,I wouldn't need a computer with a really good graphics , just one that will let me play oblivion, ram could be 3 gb or 2gb , the harddrive I could get on my own

All together that comes to around $545 Australian which converted comes to about $500 USD, right on your budget. xd

With that PC you'd be able to run Oblivion on High Detail no problem as well as be able to play all the recent games that are coming out now.

To answer your question about Dragon Age, it's great, truly my favourite game of last year, Almost as good as Oblivion imo. mrgreen
It's crazy that a computer with specs like that a four years ago would cost 2 grand.

That's pretty true, the PC I'm using is about 4 years old and pretty close to these specs, it costed me about $1700 at the time. xd

My laptop cost $800 4 years ago and it only has 512MB RAM, 1.8GHz processor and a 60gb HDD. I have upgraded it to a 160 GB HDD since, but that is because the old one died. I could probably up my ram to 2GB for $100 too, but still, net books now a days are more powerful than this thing for half the price.
eek you can upgraded laptops?, a friend of mine told me that you couldn't
edit: but with netbooks you can only go to the internet right?
Heya!
PRETTY booored
PM me !
Or else.. Um.
I'll challenge you to Twister! =D
Rocket Mayhem
Captain Fox McCloud
Cloud Strifes
Captain Fox McCloud
Cloud Strifes
Rocket Mayhem

Those are Mac books. xd
On my computer all you need is a screw driver to upgrade the hard drive and ram. You need a lot more ingenuity to upgrade a processor or a graphics card though. Much harder to do things like that on a laptop than a desk top.

Sparkly Girl

13,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Clambake 200
"Cleaning your teeth with tits..."

Lolz, I love Metalocalypse.
Captain Fox McCloud
Rocket Mayhem
Captain Fox McCloud
Cloud Strifes
Captain Fox McCloud

Those are Mac books. xd
On my computer all you need is a screw driver to upgrade the hard drive and ram. You need a lot more ingenuity to upgrade a processor or a graphics card though. Much harder to do things like that on a laptop than a desk top.
oh I see, so whats better a laptop or desktop?
@ryan:hello ryan
I guess I'm gonna go to bed, good night
Rocket Mayhem
Captain Fox McCloud
Rocket Mayhem
Captain Fox McCloud
Cloud Strifes
Captain Fox McCloud

Those are Mac books. xd
oh I see, so whats better a laptop or desktop?
@ryan:hello ryan

Desktops are cheaper, easier to upgrade and more powerful, but laptops are portable and more convenient.

Aeris Gain's Husband

IRL Lunatic

Freaks all of you...

Contry

Freaks all of you...

Got your account back I see.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers