Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Sex Symbol

25,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 032 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: Toucan
Time spent: Ffff... Hour or two?

User Image

Comments: Follow your nose, it's Toucan Sam! I referenced a figure of Sam for this and I'm so happy with how he came out. biggrin

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
RoseDragonfire
Leithern

I really love this piece, but... Is everything all right? sad

Thank you! I'm pretty happy with it. biggrin
The last few work months have been really tough, and I'm really starting to buckle. It's affecting my health, so I'm a bit unhappy. I wanna hope it'll be ok, but it's gonna get even worse for a week sometime this month. But it's ok, I'm taking time off in April they cannot take from me.

Ah, I understand that. I'm sorry to hear it, but I'm glad you can take time off next month. You deserve to be happy and healthy. heart Big hugs, you can do this!

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Sayuu
:[ 𝓝ord ]:

Day #032
Theme: Color Palette
Time spent: About an hour.

User Image

Comments: I liked the idea of two Meloettas coming in contact. Kinda rushed it today. sweatdrop

I love Meloetta! ;w;

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
Day # 32
Theme:Toucan
Time spent: 1.5h + three horrible sketches

User Image

Comments: Took me ages to get the beak to eye proportion right. Quite enjoyed myself once I got the lines done. It's not often that I enjoy the colouring more than the lines.

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
100 Day Event

Eating a spirit pass today, I'll post in my thread to confirm

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
RoseDragonfire
Day # 31
Theme: Sanity
Time spent: A little over an hour

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: This was fun. Just a shadowy sketch piece of a girl losing her sanity...Almost a literal self portrait these days...

"Please, please, miss, everyone has a skeleton inside them!"

"urgh, go away, you and your conspiracy theories"

Sorry, it is a very thoughtful piece and I'm loving the detail of that skeleton!

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Day # 32
Theme: Rumour
Time spent: 30-40mins?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: urgh, didn't realise it had such a yellow tinge due to my desk lamp sad

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
faery nuff
OtakuKat
faery nuff

Thank you smile

I knew if I started drawing an actual tiger I'd be here all night and I'm feeling tired today.
Combination of yesterday's medication and the massive walk I did with the kids this afternoon. Which then turned into a frogspawn rescue mission and an unplanned trip to the local pet shop to buy a fish tank to keep the blasted stuff in xd

What kind of idiot frog lays all it's eggs in a puddle in the middle of a farm track!?!?

Anyways.
I'm now the proud owner of a bucket full of unhatched tadpoles.

Congrats on the tadpoles! cat_rofl

LOL Thanks! xd It's right up there on the list of 'things I really don't need in my kitchen' - Bucket of frogs.

But there we go, the kids wanted to rescue them so now they're living on top of the counter.

No nearby ponds to release most of them into? I figured you needed x amount of water per amount of tadpoles or something so more buckets! Or the bath? emotion_awesome (not tap water is all I remember, just rain water/(well water?) as the chlorine in tap water isn't good for them...)

And like how/what are you going to feed them?
Is it legal? Might be Ireland where it's illegal to take frog spawn/tadpoles, although you were rescuing them from a puddle in a track xd

this sounds like a lot lol

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
WraythRose Darkthorn
faery nuff
OtakuKat
faery nuff

Thank you smile

I knew if I started drawing an actual tiger I'd be here all night and I'm feeling tired today.
Combination of yesterday's medication and the massive walk I did with the kids this afternoon. Which then turned into a frogspawn rescue mission and an unplanned trip to the local pet shop to buy a fish tank to keep the blasted stuff in xd

What kind of idiot frog lays all it's eggs in a puddle in the middle of a farm track!?!?

Anyways.

LOL Thanks! xd It's right up there on the list of 'things I really don't need in my kitchen' - Bucket of frogs.

But there we go, the kids wanted to rescue them so now they're living on top of the counter.

No nearby ponds to release most of them into? I figured you needed x amount of water per amount of tadpoles or something so more buckets! Or the bath? emotion_awesome (not tap water is all I remember, just rain water/(well water?) as the chlorine in tap water isn't good for them...)

Is it legal? Might be Ireland where it's illegal to take frog spawn/tadpoles, although you were rescuing them from a puddle in a track xd

ugh, it's a nightmare. I'm sure when we were kids we used to collect frogspawn and hatch it in jam jars. Now you need 1l of water per 3 or 4 tadpoles, gravel, a tank, rabbit food !?!?
i think I've over-googled.

I flipping hope it's legal O.o We didn't take it from a pond and that puddle wont be there for much longer; they were drying out when I found them and honestly I thought they were all dead but nope, they're in the tank sprouting tails! All 50 odd of them *facepalm*

I didn't think there was a pond nearby (which is why I wasn't expecting frogs) but apparently there is one behind the housing estate next to the quarry where we found them. I'm going to go for an explore at the weekend and see if we can find it.

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
faery nuff
WraythRose Darkthorn
faery nuff
OtakuKat
faery nuff

Thank you smile

Anyways.

ugh, it's a nightmare. I'm sure when we were kids we used to collect frogspawn and hatch it in jam jars. Now you need 1l of water per 3 or 4 tadpoles, gravel, a tank, rabbit food !?!?

I flipping hope it's legal O.o We didn't take it from a pond and that puddle wont be there for much longer; they were drying out when I found them and honestly I thought they were all dead but nope, they're in the tank sprouting tails! All 50 odd of them *facepalm*

I didn't think there was a pond nearby (which is why I wasn't expecting frogs) but apparently there is one behind the housing estate next to the quarry where we found them. I'm going to go for an explore at the weekend and see if we can find it.

rofl yeah I just did a quick google just now for food, and cooled boiled lettuce leaf was one option which I guess is most similar to the algae they eat as baby tadpoles? lol that's actually quite funny. To be fair, I suspect the tadpoles in jar version caused a lot of cannibalism until there was only one or 2 frogs...

Yeah, it's actually Ireland it's illegal to collect frog spawn (e.g. from a pond, etc, although rescue from a puddle is probably grand.)
We were shocked and happily surprised one year that the urrggh gold fish flower pot? we used to have (was a giant ceramic flowerpot we cemented the bottom holes and turned into a mini goldfish pond?) got tadpoles one year! I think we either were between goldfish or just had one small one in there. We wondered how the frog got there...since like big walls to the at-the-time fields behind, and council estate surrounding the rest of the area lol

Good luck with your trek and your sudden tadpole parenting rofl

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
WraythRose Darkthorn
faery nuff
WraythRose Darkthorn
faery nuff
OtakuKat
faery nuff

Thank you smile

Anyways.

rofl yeah I just did a quick google just now for food, and cooled boiled lettuce leaf was one option which I guess is most similar to the algae they eat as baby tadpoles? lol that's actually quite funny. To be fair, I suspect the tadpoles in jar version caused a lot of cannibalism until there was only one or 2 frogs...

Yeah, it's actually Ireland it's illegal to collect frog spawn (e.g. from a pond, etc, although rescue from a puddle is probably grand.)
We were shocked and happily surprised one year that the urrggh gold fish flower pot? we used to have (was a giant ceramic flowerpot we cemented the bottom holes and turned into a mini goldfish pond?) got tadpoles one year! I think we either were between goldfish or just had one small one in there. We wondered how the frog got there...since like big walls to the at-the-time fields behind, and council estate surrounding the rest of the area lol

Probably, I vaguely remember then being sibling chomping little horrors. I'm sure we tipped them back into the pond before things got too gruesome.

Turns out it's not illegal here but transferring frogspawn between ponds is discouraged as it spreads germs and invasive foreign plants. And it's illegal to sell it. So that has rather scuppered the plans of my middle offspring who has been wondering if she could divide it up into jam jars and flog them to her school pals rolleyes

Who knew baby frogs were so complicated!?!?

LOL I want a goldfish pot!

Kawaii Otaku

Day # 32
Theme: Taco
Time spent: 43min

User Image

Comments:
Tacodile....Supreme!
-Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
faery nuff
WraythRose Darkthorn
faery nuff
WraythRose Darkthorn
faery nuff

Probably, I vaguely remember then being sibling chomping little horrors. I'm sure we tipped them back into the pond before things got too gruesome.

Turns out it's not illegal here but transferring frogspawn between ponds is discouraged as it spreads germs and invasive foreign plants. And it's illegal to sell it. So that has rather scuppered the plans of my middle offspring who has been wondering if she could divide it up into jam jars and flog them to her school pals rolleyes

Who knew baby frogs were so complicated!?!?

LOL I want a goldfish pot!

discouraged probably from pond to pond. puddle to bucket to pond seems possibly necessary? Maybe you can ring/email a wildlife centre or something similar?

lol inventive kid! rofl

Goldfish pot did have downsides...as in the rare time it got cold enough, it could freeze enough of the water to kill the fish. One year the whole thing froze. We could see these orange-y blurs halfway down through the ice. Had to wait until it all melted to fish the bodies out!

Also the german shephard next door used to escape, break the net we had over it to keep the cat out, and drink from it. Then we'd find the cat perched on the rim... rolleyes

It's back to being a plant pot again, haven't had fish in years 3nodding My brother named them Goldimort (gold-voldimort) and then numbers e.g. Goldimort the IV etc. and Goldeneye as well I think?

Pictures of your frog spawn? emotion_kirakira

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
True Karma

Haha egg salad, now we look like twins O:
I have a hat that works with my outfit and would match better but I threw on the crown for a laugh and then couldn’t take it off. Was cute. XD

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

sdrawkcab
True Karma

Haha egg salad, now we look like twins O:
I have a hat that works with my outfit and would match better but I threw on the crown for a laugh and then couldn’t take it off. Was cute. XD

Adding a crown is always an A+

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces