Welcome to Gaia! ::

HoT LoLyPoP_BG_
Elda-Kun

Yes and no. Moderators are still normal users, we check the marketplace, dress up our avatars, and hang out with friends. However, we have extra responsibilities that normal users do not, and these responsibilities come before playtime on Gaia.

so if i do my job and do it good i get time to hang out with friends who like not because of me and like me because im mod but i dont now that because im naiv ?

I'm sorry, what? I cannot not understand what you are asking.

You may want to consider improving your communication skills before you decide to apply as you're going to have to communicate with users and your team of fellow mods on a daily basis. ^^;

Newbie Gekko

6,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Elda-Kun
HoT LoLyPoP_BG_
Elda-Kun

Yes and no. Moderators are still normal users, we check the marketplace, dress up our avatars, and hang out with friends. However, we have extra responsibilities that normal users do not, and these responsibilities come before playtime on Gaia.

so if i do my job and do it good i get time to hang out with friends who like not because of me and like me because im mod but i dont now that because im naiv ?

I'm sorry, what? I cannot not understand what you are asking.

You may want to consider improving your communication skills before you decide to apply as you're going to have to communicate with users and your team of fellow mods on a daily basis. ^^;

im trying ..
English is my 3rd language and im 15
thanks for being honest .. and ..um.. bye ..

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
1.What if you quitted Gaia 2 years ago or more and you forgot your old acc's pass but you still know how gaia works does your account still have to be 6 months?

2: Can people report moderators that are abusing or breaking a rule?

3: How can you report town topics because i've seen alot of those.

4: What happens if the moderator accidentally banned someone? Do they lose thier powers permanently or temporarily?

5: Does the moderator have to warn the person for breaking rules or stay silent and see if the rulebreaker keeps breaking rules?

::EDIT::

6: What if the person isnt really super mature but he takes his moderator job seriously?

7: Do they have to be literate to be a moderator?

::END::
Took me a bit to ask these questions biggrin

Distinct Noob

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I would like to become a moderator for Gaia omline because i enjoy the website very much and i think i could make a good adition to the team because i listen well and can mediate well. If you think i could be considered pease send me info on how to get a applicatioon please. Thank you..

Lonely Gawker

5,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I couldn't get past the irst page. The button that was there kept sending me to teh same page. Any idea on how this is happening?

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Prince of Tigers
1.What if you quitted Gaia 2 years ago or more and you forgot your old acc's pass but you still know how gaia works does your account still have to be 6 months?
The account you apply on has to meet all the qualifications

2: Can people report moderators that are abusing or breaking a rule?
yes

4: What happens if the moderator accidentally banned someone? Do they lose thier powers permanently or temporarily?
You cannot accidentally ban someone. Its impossible to do

5: Does the moderator have to warn the person for breaking rules or stay silent and see if the rulebreaker keeps breaking rules?
Yes they warn for first offenses

::EDIT::

6: What if the person isnt really super mature but he takes his moderator job seriously?

As a mod a certain level of maturity is expected when you are dealing with users and on the forums.

7: Do they have to be literate to be a moderator?
It is advised to be to as professional as we are.

::END::
Took me a bit to ask these questions biggrin

@Beyondterror101: read the first page to find out

@Malrak Ehis: Try using Firefox...the app hate IE for some reason
Do you get paid for this?
II t e r r y II
Text to go before each message
Text at the end of each message

i wanna be mod im 19

Read the first page of this topic and it will tell you everything you need to know. ^^;

Yeniko
Do you get paid for this?

Yes, but it is very little. Like everything on Gaia modding is activity based. You will make a lot more gold playing Booty Grab. wink

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
i have a question how many ranks do you have to go through before you can be a full moderator? and what are those?
llChaotic_cookiell
i have a question how many ranks do you have to go through before you can be a full moderator? and what are those?

There are no "ranks".
There is Forum Assistant which is a step in the training process, but the jobs an FA does are completely different from that of a mod.

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
oh thanks a lot^^

Demonic Shapeshifter

30,700 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

This may sound very FAQ-ish, but I'm a bit confused. When I go to the application link, there is an Update, from '08, that says that there are no mod positions available, But if they're done on a 'roll' of sorts, should that be a bit included? Just wondering and I don't mean it have been put rude or anything. It's more out of my own curiosity since I've often been told I should be a mod (lol) But only recently found this page and thought about applying.

Art Received: 30/150 emo

User Image

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
You're not going to the application, you're reading the original announcement that was locked.

The application link is there and it does ask you to apply, if you read the entire FAQ you'll be able to find it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff