Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Borg

imogenegiselle
Every once in a while I have a problem logging in. It won't accept my password even though I know I typed it correctly. It isn't a huge problem since it doesn't happen that often and it's never kept me out for more than a couple of minutes.
Long as it corrects itself, I don't see a problem.

SammiiDino's Compadre

Newbie Elder

D: EVERY. TIME. I have to reload and reload the home page before it finally logs me in. I absolutely cannot log in from other pages.

I'm using Firefox, but no password remembering tools of any sort...
I am using Firefox and Google Chrome, alternately and my log in problem happens with both browsers.
I have "Remember Me" turned off on both browsers, for both my computers.
And I have no auto-fill options turned on for Gaia.

I've had this problem off and on for the past two months nearly ever time I log in. It won't let me log in even if I don't use the "Forgot Your Login" choice. And I know my password(s) are correct everytime.....

Dapper Veteran

I am being forced consistently, daily to change my password via email just to log onto Gaia.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have my password not recognized when I try to log in on the homepage and have to reset the same password via email and then try to log in again.

I have also experienced the "invalid key" problem a few times this past week but thankfully it's not an every-day thing like my password not being recognized.

I'm on Mozilla Firefox and I do not have the "Remember Me" turned on or any password autofill turned on.

Thank you for your time!
Panagrammic
We're trying to track down this bug and haven't had much luck getting a reproducible case, so I'm hoping that someone on Site Feedback will be able to help me out.

Basically, it looks like some people are having problems with the "Forgot Your Login?" The problematic symptom seems to be:

- you ask for your password to be sent
- you click on the link in the e-mail
- it asks you to enter your password, and then confirm it
- when you try to submit, it says "invalid key"

I would love to find someone that is getting this consistently on one of their accounts; if you get this, please respond below and tell me:

- which browser are you using?
- do you have "Remember Me" turned on?
- do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is a different type of problem, if so I apologise for posting it in this thread. Regularly when I try to log in to Gaia it will not accept my password even though I retype it several times and I know it is the correct password. I have to exit the browser and restart Gaia to be able to log in. Also, I try to set the remember me feature by ticking the box for this option, but it never works it doesn't register the setting.

I am using firefox 8.0

monkay0266's Senpai

Dangerous Shapeshifter

It's not quite the same but I've been having issues with logging in.
I've had to change my password quite a few times over the pass 2 weeks at first I thought it was someone trying to hack into my account but after the fifth time I'm assuming there is something wrong.
I've used a few different browsers and I get the same result, even tried logging in through the url.

Interesting Noob

7,100 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • Beta Critic 0
I've had that problem come up a few times. I just reload the page, type the password first and THEN type my user. Then I just log in like normal. I use Google Chrome.

Friendly Gaian

5,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
When this bug is going to be fixed! D:< stressed this is really anyoing that i can't make new account cos when i log out of it it won't let me log in anymore and i cannout log in to my main account even because of this bug T^T Please fix it, soon!

Unsealed Exhibitionist

Here goes:

First, I use Firefox(latest ed), Google Chrome(latest ed) and IE(latest ed). While I don't clear my browsers' history on a regular, I do clear it.

The constant problem I have are 400 based errors, but today was a new development after clearing the histories and restarting my laptop. The reason for clearing and restarting was due to gaia's url being invalid, and figured my cache was the problem.

On the one hand, I was able to log into my main account on Firefox, as you can see, just fine. But when I tried to log into my mule accounts, which are one Google Chrome and IE, my pass was not recognized for either. Note that I was logged into all three accounts, and the 400/invalid url errors appear on all three browsers from time to time, and sometimes last for over half a day. I use the "remember me" box, but I don't use password/autofill features from the browsers.

I was about to reset one of my mules through email but thought better of it seeing as I was not sure if this was a phishing problem or what. I did however feel that maybe my latest issue fell into this category from what I've read on here.

Ladykiller

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I constantly have to reset my password almost every other day. I know for a fact I'm typing it correctly. It's not set to remember me or anything.
It's a real pain in the a**. My browsers are Firefox and Opera and I have the same issue regardless of which browser I'm using.

Shy Seeker

6,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
My account x-iiBlubear (not this one) will not let me log in no matter what i do. i've had that account for five years and i can't afford to lose it. i've saved up for many items on that account and to just lose them would make me go insane. please PLEASE help me. basically every time i try to log in, it says i have either the incorrect username or password, but i know for a fact that they are right and i tried it like a million times. please tell me if there is anything i can do to get my account back! it's very important to me.

internet browser - google chrome (but i've also tried internet explorer)
remember me turned on - yes
any sort of password autofill - yes

Timid Ladykiller

I'm getting the issue as well.
I'm running Firefox, I'm pretty sure it's fully updated.

I had the remember me clicked, but when I logged out, I couldn't log back in with my password.
I did a reset, tried both manually typing in my password and having it auto fill, but with no avail.
I had tried logging into my account. But I had this issue so I did a password reset. Got back on, logged out, and tried to go back on but couldn't. I also couldn't do a password reset because I had recently done one.

Was going to make a mule to have the issue presented, but decided against it while in the register page. When I clicked on log on to try again, I was redirected to the secondary log on. The one that isn't embedded into the top of the page. Logged on fine that way.
Tried both the remember me option, and not doing that.

Slumbering Enchantress

16,725 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm having problems accessing my account. I entered my password several times and I still can't enter my account. It keeps on saying invalid password. I tried again after a couple of hours and it worked fine.

Heartwarming Galaxy

Current browser- Goggle Chrome
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7
No I don't have "saved password" enabled or auto remember my password

I am having a issue. When I try to type my password in the Main page or sometimes I have to jump around to other login pages on the site (like hoping to the "shops" page) It's like it doesn't see that I typed my password.

Help would be appreciated

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces