Welcome to Gaia! ::

*Sigh*
My main has been having the same issue for quite a while now, every single time I try to log in I am told that I'm giving an invalid password / username.

To make it worse, whenever I try to reset my password via email I receive a message that there is no user on the site with that email, I am 100% sure that's not true because I still receive emails saying "CodeinePoptart, your fish miss you!".

As you could imagine it's pretty annoying, I'm pretty much ready to give up on that account :[.

I did have the autofill form on, but I turned it off.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.202 Safari/535.1

Loyal Fox

35,525 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
- which browser are you using? Foxfire
- do you have "Remember Me" turned on?no
- do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser?no I had to resend for a new password and it wouldn't let me in the first time, I tried again and it let me in gave me a scare there thought my account was hacked but it wasn't
My brother cannot login to his account. It says an account with his email address does not exist, but it does. Was his account hacked? Message me with possible reasons and solutions.
Username: Fire Emblem 1994
Browser: Safari
Remember me: Off
Autofill: Off
Username: Morgan Goldeneyes
Browser: Chrome
Remember me: Off
Autofill: Off

I try to log in, and it doesn't accept my password so I go and make a new password and it works a few times then does it all over again. This time when I tried to reset the password, I clicked the link within the e-mail and it said "Invalid Key! You are trying to change other user's password? Nice try!"

Spirited Avenger

- which browser are you using? Internet Explorer
- do you have "Remember Me" turned on? I use to, but then when I came back on serveral days ago and I had to login in.
- do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser? No

2,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
what if you i have google chrome? i really need to reset all my account passwords!!! please help!

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I can't access my original account.
I fill out the reset password (Gaia's reset link sent to my email account), I get it occasionally in my email, follow the link to reset and it tells me "Nice try! Hacking someone else account!"
stressed

Beloved Wench

14,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Lay me down
Let the only sound

I'm having issues with this, it always happens when I try to do a quick log in typically in the forum or some other page besides the gaia home page.
If I go there I have no problems.
I'm using Mozilla Firefox 10.
I have the remember me feature turned off
But have a password autofill feature turned on.
I hope that helps.

Be the overflow
Pockets full of stone

Dangerous Vegetarian

14,200 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
Yea i had the problem, my password use to be 6 charaters, I had to restart it with a new one that was at least over 8 characters.

which browser are you using? Internet explorer
- do you have "Remember Me" turned on? yes
- do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser? no

7,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
` I z z y

I'm not even allowed to log into my account with my username, only my email

And then on top of that I can send my self a new password request, go to confirm it and get the "you trying to change an account that isn't yours" almost without fail.

I don't have remember me on, and use the newest Moz FF with Firefox's password saver, but even when pw deleted from FF's memory and hand typed in there's no logging in. It's an endless circle of captchas until you give up.

My log of issues is Here. Because it wasn't until this last week I found out you can log in with your email.

And the newest thing is that my account isn't going to my account. I'm not getting PMs or trades to me. People have to use my Profile #.

I'm having the same problem!!

6,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
it wouldnt let me log in so i changed my password still wouldnt let me log in then wen i finally got on i thought to change my password i thought i was like gettin hacked or somthing
Every time I try and log in I have to reload the page four or five times because once I enter my username and password it continuously says "Invalid password!" which of course it's not but, eh, who knows. emo

- which browser are you using? Mozilla Firefox
- do you have "Remember Me" turned on? Nope
- do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser? No sir!

Also it wasn't until the new log in home page happened that I began having this problem.

Questionable Borg

iLost-InA-Box
- do you have "Remember Me" turned on? I use to, but then when I came back on serveral days ago and I had to login in.
If you're just worried about how the Remember Me turned itself off, it does that, it's supposed to.

Spirited Avenger

Mayor Gravity
iLost-InA-Box
If you're just worried about how the Remember Me turned itself off, it does that, it's supposed to.

No I am no worried about that. I already know that. I had to send a "Forgot Password" request everytime I tried logging in because it said, either, it was the wrong password or that I didn't type anything in.

Is this not what the thread is about?
For the last 2 weeks, I have had to RESET my password for Gaia at least 10 TIMES now. I haven't been hacked or anything. For some reason, the system keeps forgetting my password or something. I've tried contacting Gaia via the Contact Us page, but the reply is that it's some kind of weird bug either having to do with my username being too similar to someone else's or having a space in my username? I don't have a space in my username, and I've had this same username since the first year of Gaia. This is the first time I've ever had this type of problem here.

I do NOT want to change my username because someone else has one too similar to mine. What kind of system can't distinguish my username from a similar one, causing me to have to reset my password every 2-3 DAYS?! I did NOT forget my password, but the system is forgetting it!

The other solution I was given was to log in via my user ID number, which I can't remember, or my e-mail address, which does NOT work! What's going on here?! Like I said, I've been on Gaia for a VERY long time, and I do NOT want to have to reset my username every few days! PLEASE HELP!

Sonia

P.S. I do NOT have Remember Me turned on since I use several different computers, and the browser I'm using currently is Chrome/15.0.874.106

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff