Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
I'll try making a smaller banner tomorrow. One class gives me lots of free time.
Baranquesseiel
I haven't tried the twinkie tiramisu yet myself.
There is some grocery shopping I have to do this weekend because I really want to try out some of these recipes.

Also, I'm glad you like the pictures.
I intend to make a few more.
That's cool. I'm debating on whether or not I want to link you guys in my siggy and get ride of baby Elphie.

...*tear*

Anyway, this thread, for the past day, has practically been aw-to-the esome, I've been at school today, and just randomly printing out recipies for I can go shopping tomorrow and make like...a 2 course meal for my fiance'. I have to trick him into thinking that I can cook, you know.
I could try making a banner too.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Mrs. Ringo Starr
That's cool. I'm debating on whether or not I want to link you guys in my siggy and get ride of baby Elphie.

...*tear*

Anyway, this thread, for the past day, has practically been aw-to-the esome, I've been at school today, and just randomly printing out recipies for I can go shopping tomorrow and make like...a 2 course meal for my fiance'. I have to trick him into thinking that I can cook, you know.
xD You'll fool him with these recipes!

I'm going to ask Mom to send me her broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole recipe.

Also, I'm debating internally whether or not to add the Apple Crisp Recipe (tm). It's from scratch, so it's not really college student friendly.
Mrs. Ringo Starr

...*tear*

As Taki said, we shall have to make smaller banners so you can have both.

And I'm glad this could help you.
I can't really cook. Which is to say, I light things on fire when I cook. I try though. I'll definately have to make some of these when I go grocery shopping and get an oven and get generally un-lazy.
[ Taki ]
xD You'll fool him with these recipes!

I'm going to ask Mom to send me her broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole recipe.

Also, I'm debating internally whether or not to add the Apple Crisp Recipe (tm). It's from scratch, so it's not really college student friendly.

I'll have to ask my mum for some of her recipes.
They're not necessarily college student oriented, but they're tasty.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Just stick to the microwave recipes, then. You'll have to be pretty horrible if you burn food in the microwave.

But then again, this is coming from the girl who's not afraid to use the stove, but always manages to burn instant popcorn.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Baranquesseiel

As long as it's easy to make, it's college student friendly.

I don't think college students have the time or patience to peel and core 8 apples and wait for the apple crisp to bake for an hour.
I like my popcorn slightly burned.

Also, I have burned toast in the microwave.
On purpose actually... Several times...

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Dx

Lets see.. what else have I made that's useful? I wish I had my cookbook with me. I usually get ideas from it.
[ Taki ]

I don't think college students have the time or patience to peel and core 8 apples and wait for the apple crisp to bake for an hour.

I'll ask my mum about them.

Also, I've been keeping an eye out for the microwave recipes, but there aren't many.
[ Taki ]
Baranquesseiel

I eat my mom's apple crisp all the time. It's scrumptious.

I have an international recipe y'all!

LUMPIAS

Level of Difficulty: stressed stressed

Hardware: Deep Fryer and.or large skillet, stove (if skillet is used)

Ingredients:

1/2 lb of ground beef, or pork
1 cup shaved carrots
1 cup diced cabbage
Spices to your liking
1 cup of sweet peas (frozen, not canned) (optional)
1/4 cup diced macadamia nuts (optional)
1 egg (scrambled, but not cooked)
Egg Roll shells, avaliable in the frozen bread section, usually.

Cook beef or pork into miniature chunks until well done. Set aside, allow some grease to stay with meat as it makes it juicy. In a seperate bowl, add the carrots, cabbage, peas (optional) and macadamia nuts (optional, makes it taste a little funky) and spices. Combine with meat and hand toss.

Prepare the egg roll shells by laying them out flat, and proceed to take one to two spoonfuls of the mixture and lay it a little off center, with lesser room at the top than the botton. Wrap, being careful to egg the sides (the egg acts as glue) and occasionally egging the wrap, to ensure it sticks.

When finished wrapping, paint the lumpia with egg to ensure that it will not open up during frying--however cracking and splitting is sometimes normal.

In a skillet (or deep fryer if you have one) pour just enough vegetable oil (Note: NOT OLIVE OIL--it makes it taste odder than what it should) to cover the bottom and part of sides. Make it an oily kiddie pool, of sorts. Place your lumpias in the oil once the oil is boiling. (You should set it to a temperature that you're comfortable with. Don't set it too high if you don't feel safe...it can cause panic).

If being fried in a skillet, place lid on, and occasionally turn the lumpias to ensure that all sides are being fried equally. Take them off when the egg roll is golden brown.

Set lumpias on paper towel covered plate, and allow excess oil and grease to absord into the paper.

Depending, it can serve to four or five.
Hmm. I think I've heard of Lumpias before, but I'm not sure. Some neighbors were serving them at a party.
They're Portuguese. They're compared to egg rolls, but instead of egg, it's meat with some vegetables. It's a b***h the first time you make them if you don't know what you're doing, but after a while it becomes like wrappng a tiny burrito.

or you could be lazy and get the frozen ones. Those work too.
Those must be it. I remember my family, having never seen them before, thought they were eggrolls at first.
They were tasty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces