Welcome to Gaia! ::

foxiekitty2010
There are parts of the show that bother me, but I love it because it keeps me in practice with my sign language skills. I'm trying to get my two year degree in Sign Language Interpreting

I watch it for the sign language too. It's awesome to watch Marlee Matlin (Melody) and Sean Berdy (Emmett) signing. What do you think of the level of signing of the rest of the cast? Are they signing what the subtitles write or are they somewhat faking it?
imperfect alibi
foxiekitty2010
There are parts of the show that bother me, but I love it because it keeps me in practice with my sign language skills. I'm trying to get my two year degree in Sign Language Interpreting

I watch it for the sign language too. It's awesome to watch Marlee Matlin (Melody) and Sean Berdy (Emmett) signing. What do you think of the level of signing of the rest of the cast? Are they signing what the subtitles write or are they somewhat faking it?

Are you learning it in classes or anything or just for fun? Yes it really is because they are signing the true form of ASL not that PSE stuff the rest of the cast use except for the Deaf guy Travis and Daphne (in real life she is hard of hearing) they both use ASL as well. Most of the time they are signing what the subtitles caption, but are a little different! If you want to talk more PM me! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff