Welcome to Gaia! ::

Catholicism does not teach Creationism. There is no doctrine within the single largest sect of Christianity to support it, mostly because we have always considered the account of Genesis to be a discussion of the creation of the human soul and spirituality.

I have been sold on the scientific research, which is the single largest reason I favor evolution (not the varieties that irrationally attack the existance of the soul or spirituality, mind you). Beyond that, I find Creationsim insulting to God, it is almost as if it is denying that God can work is such a grand and sweeping manner to acchieve his ends by using natural means. I firmly believe that God made nature, so why shouldn't he use his own creation to achieve his own ends? It seems... counter-productive to make something as vast and complicated as the universe as we know it only to arbitrarily shove things through that could just as easily be produced in an internally consistant manner. I abhor the minimalistic approach to YHVH's powers that Creationism espouses.
Hayai Katana
I do believe in evolution.
This has been said before, but I do not "believe" in evolution. We know it happens. Why would I need to believe in something that's already there?

I've also found that the reason most people don't accept evolution is because they know exactly squat about it. Either that, or it's confused with other concepts such as abiogenesis. This is why it should be taught in schools, and taught properly. None of this "it's only a theory" bullshit.
FushigiRei
lumnata
I don't know why more people don't stop and think that hey, maybe evolution and God can both be true.

This topic is really only talking about evolution. Talking about God is not what I'm asking, here.

EDIT: And not all people believe in THE God.

Yeah it's true you're specifically referring to evolution, but you had to expect that someone would bring up creationism as well.

There's no way to prove any of it.

We weren't there and to my knowledge noone can go back in time yet.

How we got here isn't the point. It's why we were here that matters.
The question is comparable to whether or not I believe in gravity.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Evolution in a nutshell:

Animals exist.
The animals who are best adapted to their environment live.
The animals who are not adapted to the environment die.
The animals who live reproduce.
The offspring come from two animals well adapted to the environment, so the offspring likely have features correct for the enviornment.
The environment slowly changes over time.
The process continues.

Evolution has happened with animals.
Humans are animals.

The reasons that human evolution is difficult for many to accept is because 1.) Religion has been so firmly ingrained into society that the theory of creationism is difficult for many to drop.
2.) Fossils of the links between humans and our ancestors are still few and far between.

Believing in what cannot be proven or disproven is faith.
Disbelieving something that is proven is foolishness.
I believe in evolution completely. There's no higher power that said "I'm gonna create humans!"

Or at least that's my belief. You're free to think what you want.

Scientists are finding logical proof that evolution is real. All creationists have is "God created all" with no backup. I'd like to see some proof of that!
becs1234
I believe in evolution completely. There's no higher power that said "I'm gonna create humans!"

Scientists are finding logical proof that evolution is real. All creationists have is "God created all" with no backup. I'd like to see some proof of that!

I wil use big red text now.

EVOLUTION DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN OF ORGANISMS, MERELY THEY'RE PROGRESS IN BVECOMING MORE COMPLICATED MULTICELLULAR ONES!
Master_SL
becs1234

EVOLUTION DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN OF ORGANISMS, MERELY THEY'RE PROGRESS IN BVECOMING MORE COMPLICATED MULTICELLULAR ONES!

Once our planet became habitable, small creatures evolved. I'm talking single-cell ameobas and all the like. Then those evolved into multicellular organisms. We don't know where organisms came from. But I would like scientific proof more than religious proof. Especially since I don't believe in religion.
becs1234
Master_SL
becs1234

Once our planet became habitable, small creatures evolved. I'm talking single-cell ameobas and all the like. Then those evolved into multicellular organisms. We don't know where organisms came from. But I would like scientific proof more than religious proof. Especially since I don't believe in religion.

Yes I understand but nonetheless youre getting Evolution mixed up in abiogenesis.
That and its more likely some higher entity created us than random molecules mashing together to form replicating amino acids thata ren't truly living.
propogamictheoryofdanitr8
That leads into a little trick i devised to refute evolution.

What are the odds that a ticghtly compacted particle containign all the matter in the universe could be made... pretty slim right? now what are the odds of it randomly occouring... even smaller right? now tell me the odds of it forming from nothing. You cant make nothing from nothing so that is a 0.0 repeating % chance

Ok in a new scenario its estimated all humans combined have less than 3% of all knowlede to be had. What are the odds that a god could be somwhere in that 97% of knowledge? it isn't impossable but because the person reading may be an atheist lets make it 0.000...0001

we all know 1 hextillianth of a percent is infinitly more than 0 right?

thus we know that the odds of ther ebeing a god are infinitly greater than there not being 1.

ERROR
ERROR
ERROR
*Head explodes*

You ********.
Round-up Time
propogamictheoryofdanitr8
That leads into a little trick i devised to refute evolution.

What are the odds that a ticghtly compacted particle containign all the matter in the universe could be made... pretty slim right? now what are the odds of it randomly occouring... even smaller right? now tell me the odds of it forming from nothing. You cant make nothing from nothing so that is a 0.0 repeating % chance

Ok in a new scenario its estimated all humans combined have less than 3% of all knowlede to be had. What are the odds that a god could be somwhere in that 97% of knowledge? it isn't impossable but because the person reading may be an atheist lets make it 0.000...0001

we all know 1 hextillianth of a percent is infinitly more than 0 right?

thus we know that the odds of ther ebeing a god are infinitly greater than there not being 1.

ERROR
ERROR
ERROR
*Head explodes*

You ********]
That post made it to FSTDT. razz
...i do believe in evolution...i just put it in small words for some people.....
[Moonlight Lady]
no

Why?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out