Welcome to Gaia! ::

Da-cookiemonster499
Even though research hasn't beeen going on for a billion years like evelutionis say there should have been some research for almost 1000 years of.How the first creatures came to be living (and even how the eart came to be!,the first molucle and atom)diesn't just "evolve" out of nothing. There are also examples of animals and of the eearth's envirorment like why aren't we even seeing some animal evolving theries.

Species ARE evolving and adapting. Evolution just doesn't happen fast enoguh for it to be studied very well. It takes longer than the lifetime of just one human being.
canadianlibfront
Da-cookiemonster499
Even though research hasn't beeen going on for a billion years like evelutionis say there should have been some research for almost 1000 years of.How the first creatures came to be living (and even how the eart came to be!,the first molucle and atom)diesn't just "evolve" out of nothing. There are also examples of animals and of the eearth's envirorment like why aren't we even seeing some animal evolving theries.

Species ARE evolving and adapting. Evolution just doesn't happen fast enoguh for it to be studied very well. It takes longer than the lifetime of just one human being.

I would predict that would take longer than the lifetimes of a dozen human beings.
propogamictheoryofdanitr8
That leads into a little trick i devised to refute evolution.

What are the odds that a ticghtly compacted particle containign all the matter in the universe could be made... pretty slim right? now what are the odds of it randomly occouring... even smaller right? now tell me the odds of it forming from nothing. You cant make nothing from nothing so that is a 0.0 repeating % chance

Ok in a new scenario its estimated all humans combined have less than 3% of all knowlede to be had. What are the odds that a god could be somwhere in that 97% of knowledge? it isn't impossable but because the person reading may be an atheist lets make it 0.000...0001

we all know 1 hextillianth of a percent is infinitly more than 0 right?

thus we know that the odds of ther ebeing a god are infinitly greater than there not being 1.
Evolution doesn't say god doesn't exist. Learn what evolution is before you debate why it's wrong.

Pay attention in school, you lazy bum.
I'm going to throw in my own nonsensical idea because I really don't know what I believe.

What if God created the the origings of Eart and the first organisms, which eventually came out to be the first two people, Adam and Eve (after there came to be land and not just one humongous living volcano)?

I don't know. Just had to throw that in.
von4M
I'm going to throw in my own nonsensical idea because I really don't know what I believe.

What if God created the the origings of Eart and the first organisms, which eventually came out to be the first two people, Adam and Eve (after there came to be land and not just one humongous living volcano)?

Becuase it'd be a mockery of science to think that two individuals could propagate an entire species, or that you could look at any two individuals and say "These are Homo Sapiens Sapiens" and look at their parents and say "These are not Homo Sapiens Sapiens."
von4M

Personally, I think the whole Adam and Eve debacle is a bunch of bullshit. No offense.

The theory of evolution in no way actively refutes the existence of a God or of a possible pantheon of deities, but fossil records simply don't agree with Adam and Eve being the first two people.

Dapper Fatcat

'Believe'?, no... But then I don't believe in religion either, however I do know that mythology exists in many forms, whether any one or all forms of mythology is real can be debated infinatly.

I have reached the state where I don't believe in anything, but rather look to understand how systems are intergrated into one another. Most forms of mythology including evolution can be linked together logically; gods could have created a relm where chemical reactions spawn self creation without direct influence by the gods, and systems can develop on their own in a sustainable manner so that gods don't need to interfear because 'the system' already works.
Contagious Cure
canadianlibfront
Da-cookiemonster499

I would predict that would take longer than the lifetimes of a dozen human beings.

It would, Im just making an example to help prove my point.
1. The topic title is a misnomer. One believes in evolution in the same way that one believes that Australia is a continent located in the Southern Hemisphere. Or that the Earth orbits around the sun.

People "beleive" evolution because facts from nearly every branch of science support it. We have evidence. Therefore, we accept this theory.

2. PLENTY OF RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ACCEPT THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION AS FACT. THE TWO DO NOT EXCLUDE EACH OTHER.

Dapper Fatcat

PhaedraMcSpiffy
1. The topic title is a misnomer. One believes in evolution in the same way that one believes that Australia is a continent located in the Southern Hemisphere. Or that the Earth orbits around the sun.

People "beleive" evolution because facts from nearly every branch of science support it. We have evidence. Therefore, we accept this theory.

2. PLENTY OF RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ACCEPT THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION AS FACT. THE TWO DO NOT EXCLUDE EACH OTHER.

All forms of mythology are based off of observations, tests and experiments that support the claims made. That's why people believe anything, not just evolution. Plenty of religions accept evolution as a part of a coexisting system of importaints, however the religions of the 'taker' society and cultures exclude such facts as much as possible because 'we are exempt from such laws and are special'. That's why evolution can include religions, and some religions include evolution, but not the main dominating religions of the world.
canadianlibfront
Contagious Cure
canadianlibfront
Da-cookiemonster499

It would, Im just making an example to help prove my point.

Longer than the lifetimes of a dozen human beings? Speciation has been observed in less time than that.
FushigiRei
Da-cookiemonster499

Actually, it could evolve from nothing. The quote states how it might be possible.

Oh, and please learn to...type better..
we don't see an animal evolve b/c it takes years upon years. And organisms don't come from nothing, we came from something. Evolution is originally just a birth defect in something that ends up helping the creature so when they mate it transfers to their offspring and so on. Oh and there is an animal that has progressed. There is a moth somewhere, i'm not sure where, they were white and they lived on a dark colored tree. So preditors could see them really well and eat them easier. A moth was born that was dark colored and wasn't eaten so it had offspring and now the moth can't be seen so it isn't eaten as easily.
it looks like science knows that evolution happens... and this is worth investigating...in science evolution really took place in each of us and thus it is real and i know that.
I don't believe in evolution, per say. I know it's a fact, and I can see it happening, so there's not really any point in "believing" in it. I don't believe in candy, but I'm sure glad it exists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff