Welcome to Gaia! ::

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

hounranna's Waifu

Garbage Wife

Feigning Innocence
I would really like to consider hiring you solely for your pixel art, I just have a few questions first.

1. What exactly is pixel art? I've heard of it before, but I don't entirely understand what it is, how it works, etc...

2. How big can you make it? Are there size limits?

3. If we hire you, how do your pixels sell? I wouldn't even begin to know how to price them every month...

Of course! smile I can answer all of these questions.

1. Here is the definition of it: Pixel art is a form of digital art, created through the use of raster graphics software, where images are edited on the pixel level. Graphics in most old (or relatively limited) computer, console, graphing calculator and mobile games are mostly pixel art.

Some good examples of where pixel art was used in games would be: Undertale, Pac Man, and Mega Man.

2. Depending on the pixel base, that is what I use to make them. I have found little pixel bases as well as bigger pixel bases. I do animate them as well, but in this case, they will be wouldn't be. All of the examples will be in spoilers. Some are big while others are not.

I usually sell these small ones for 5bil (+2bil per additional animations), or 10 pts on dA. I am wanting to buy more pixel bases on dA with the points I am collecting. I bought this base on there.
User Image

Any of the bigger bases I may use are usually Free to Use bases. I haven't found any bigger bases yet that are P2U (pay to use). But usually the bigger bases are F2U. This is a good base that I have used once before I enjoyed using it.

There are more bases out there, I'd just need to find them. I know that there are ton of pixel bases on dA that are bigger, but it really depends on if I like them or not. There is also websites out there, one with bigger bases is Pink Land.

3. Well... As for prices... I am selling the smaller ones for 5bil. I am planning on adding more to my shop, when ever I get around to it. But anything else would have to be 5bil as well. I have had people buy it for higher, but I don't really have a set price.

The other problem on me actually taking this would have to be time. The smaller ones, depending on the complexity, usually takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour. The bigger ones can take up to 2 hours or more depending on complexity. And those times are without animations.

My job might start picking up too. Some one just quit out on us and I may be getting more hours. The only time when I will be able to work on it is my day offs. Its usually 2 to 3 days off. Plus the other thing is that some times I take long hiatus away from pixel art due to a 'burn out'. I usually burn out on them pretty fast, but it usually depends. ^^;; But I'll still be working on them during the burn out phase, but it would be a lot more slower.
heart heart heart
Glenn Ree

That sounds like a great idea. I say go for it!

Lazy Nymph

Blessed Lover

Fashionable Explorer

Loving Elder

Fashionable Explorer

Nilla
surprised

Totally was about to be annoyed that I got a notification for my own post, lawl.
Then I saw it was you. Hallo!. :'DD

Shadowy Senshi

Hiiiii, Prince promoted you guys in our hangout and I was super impressed with your first issue so I thought I'd apply.

User ImageUser Image

USERNAME: Morsuaile
                  AVAILABILITY: Evenings and weekends. Would likely be able to edit a few pieces a week depending on general life activities.
                  TIMEZONE: EST (-5)
                  POSITION: Editor

EXPERIENCE: Decade of writing experience, Minor in English, blog writing for startups, working in marketing and writing customer facing material for a few years, editing most English text that leaves my office as many employees are French. Also been part of a few writers groups in the last 2 years where I regularly shared my work and provided feedback to the other participants.

SAMPLES:
                  1) For some current professional stuff, most material here has either been edited or written by myself: My companies help pages for our platform.

2) Something creative (and more fun to read I hope), an opening chapter from years and years ago: The Edge of Existence

3) Something more recent but much longe: Sedna origin re-telling story

YGMag

Feigning Innocence

JaKayZombie

Morsuaile
Hiiiii, Prince promoted you guys in our hangout and I was super impressed with your first issue so I thought I'd apply.

User ImageUser Image

USERNAME: Morsuaile
                  AVAILABILITY: Evenings and weekends. Would likely be able to edit a few pieces a week depending on general life activities.
                  TIMEZONE: EST (-5)
                  POSITION: Editor

EXPERIENCE: Decade of writing experience, Minor in English, blog writing for startups, working in marketing and writing customer facing material for a few years, editing most English text that leaves my office as many employees are French. Also been part of a few writers groups in the last 2 years where I regularly shared my work and provided feedback to the other participants.

SAMPLES:
                  1) For some current professional stuff, most material here has either been edited or written by myself: My companies help pages for our platform.

2) Something creative (and more fun to read I hope), an opening chapter from years and years ago: The Edge of Existence

3) Something more recent but much longe: Sedna origin re-telling story

YGMag

Feigning Innocence

JaKayZombie

Accepted and hired smile
Good luck hon.

Shadowy Senshi

JaKayZombie

Accepted and hired smile

whee Thanks! Looking forward to working with you folks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff