Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image

Hello!

Welcome to Oh My Gaia! Magazine's hiring thread!

Oh My Gaia! Magazine is a new monthly publication created by Gaians, for Gaians. We
                                          want to showcase everything great about Gaia and all of its users. Inside our pages
                                          you'll find anything from event related articles to random on the spot interviews with joe-
                                          schmo Gaian and everything in between. All content is created by our staff and we're
                                          always looking for new talent to join our ranks!

Our next publication will be released on December 1st!.
                                          The guild has recently gone through some renovations,
                                          and we are very excited to show you all the changes that have been made.

Join the guild and subscribe to our quest thread to keep up with our publications!

We've created a hiring thread because we want the magazine to continue to be just as
                                          beautiful as the last one and in order to do those things, we need people to work for us!
                                          We're in need of writers, artists, graphic artists, editors, advertisers/promoters, and
                                          sales reps!

If you're interested in working for Oh My Gaia!, please read through the entirety
                                          of the thread and follow the directions listed below for each department.

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image

CURRENTLY HIRING x x
                                          x Head of Writers (1/1)
                                          x Writers (2/10)

T H E x J O B S
                                    Your job as Head Writer is to make sure the Writers are doing exactly what they're sup-
                                    posed to be doing (i.e., writing!). You help assign topics, make sure the writers are
                                    getting their articles written by deadline and of course write your own articles.

As a Writer for Your Gaia Magazine, you provide the meat of the magazine. You'll gen-
                                    erate articles that feature aspects of the Gaia we all know and love, or even the parts
                                    we don't love quite as much (#inflation). Though not all articles need to feature spe-
                                    cifically around Gaia, you are expected to have a decent balance of Gaia related and
                                    non-Gaia related articles. All content must be approved by the Head of Writers.

x x x x x x

P A Y x S C A L E
                                    i HEAD BONUS :: 5 BILLION
                                    i ARTICLES < 500 WORDS :: 3.5 BILLION
                                    i ARTICLES > 500 WORDS* :: 5.5 BILLION
                                    i INTERVIEWS :: 4 BILLION
                                    ARTICLES AT LEAST 1000
                                    :: 6.5 BILLION
                                    i *Writers are limited to 2 articles >1000 per
                                    i* issue and 4 articles <1000 per issue.

x x x x x x

A P P L I C A T I O N
                                    Please post your application in this thread, do not PM it to ANYONE. It will quote all the
                                    pertinent people.

[imgleft]http://i.imgur.com/meF3vgl.png[/imgleft][img]http://i.imgur.com/AGrOpHc.png[/img]
                                    [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=11]
                                    [color=#f5391a][b]USERNAME:[/b][/color] username here
                                    [color=#f5391a][b]AVAILABILITY:[/b][/color] when are you most available to contribute?
                                    [color=#f5391a][b]TIMEZONE:[/b][/color] what timezone are you in?
                                    [color=#f5391a][b]POSITION:[/b][/color] what position are you applying for? (writer, artist, grx, etc)

[color=#f5391a][b]EXPERIENCE:[/b][/color] what experience do you have, relevant to the position you are applying for?

[color=#f5391a][b]SAMPLES:[/b][/color] links to samples (delete this section if not applying for a writer, artist, grx or editing positions; editors, samples of your writing will work to show your skill with editing)

[spoiler][quote="OMGMag"][/quote]
                                    [quote="JaKayZombie"][/quote][quote="Emmy-Sempai"][/quote][/spoiler]
                                    [/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                                    [/size]

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image

CURRENTLY HIRING x x
                                            x Head of Editors (1/1)
                                            x Editors (6/6)

T H E x J O B
                                      An Editor is one of the most important roles in the magazine world, though they often go
                                      under appreciated and forgotten about more often than not. Your role as an editor is to
                                      go through each article assigned to you and correct any improper spelling, grammar,
                                      and punctuation. More than that though, your job is to work with the author and make
                                      sure the article as a whole is cohesive and flows well, to make sure the reader (as much
                                      as possible at any rate) does not get lost in the midst of the wall-o-words.

x x x x x x

P A Y x S C A L E
                                      i ARTICLES < 500 WORDS :: 3.5 BILLION
                                      i ARTICLES > 500 WORDS :: 5.5 BILLION
                                      i ARTICLES AT LEAST 1000 WORDS :: 6.5 BILLION
                                      INTERVIEWS
                                      :: 4 BILLION

x x x x x x

A P P L I C A T I O N
                                      Please post your application in this thread, do not PM it to ANYONE. It will quote all the
                                      pertinent people.

[imgleft]http://i.imgur.com/meF3vgl.png[/imgleft][img]http://i.imgur.com/AGrOpHc.png[/img]
                                      [color=#f5391a][b]AVAILABILITY:[/b][/color] when are you most available to contribute?
                                      [color=#f5391a][b]POSITION:[/b][/color] what position are you applying for? (writer, artist, grx, etc)

[color=#f5391a][b]EXPERIENCE:[/b][/color] what experience do you have, relevant to the position you are applying for?

[color=#f5391a][b]SAMPLES:[/b][/color] links to samples (delete this section if not applying for a writer, artist, grx or editing positions; editors, samples of your writing will work to show your skill with editing)

[quote="JaKayZombie"][/quote][quote="Marionette Fantasia"][/quote][/spoiler]
                                      [/size]

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image

CURRENTLY HIRING x x
                                            x Head of Artists (1/1)
                                            x Artists (2/7)

T H E x J O B
                                      As Head of Artists, you are in charge of overseeing all the art done by our artists, as
                                      well as managing and submitting it to the right people, gathering it all in one place for
                                      ease of access, etc. You're expected to have a thorough understanding of web grx and
                                      be able to assist the artists working under you, as well as creating some of your own art
                                      for the magazine. While it won't be solely your responsibility to create the cover art, we
                                      will look to you before the other artists.

Artists are the blood and guts of the magazine, as much as writers are the meat. The
                                      art you create will be featured heavily in the page and thread layouts, and be the main
                                      source of fundraising for the magazine!

x x x x x x

P A Y x S C A L E
                                      i COVER ART :: 50 BILLION
                                      i FULL BODY (( SINGLE PERSON )) :: 50 BILLION
                                      i FULL BODY (( COUPLE )) :: 100 BILLION
                                      i HEAD SHOT :: 15 BILLION
                                      i BUST :: 25 BILLION
                                      i CHIBI LINEART :: 15 BILLION
                                      i CHIBI COLORED :: 20 BILLION
                                      i SMALL CLIPART (( 3 - 5 PIECES OF SMALL ART )) :: 5 BILLION
                                      i LARGE CLIPART (( 6 - 10 PIECES OF SMALL ART )) :: 10 BILLION
                                      i ART AUCTIONS :: 2.5% OF ART CONTRIBUTED

x x x x x x

A P P L I C A T I O N
                                      pertinent people.

[quote="JaKayZombie"][/quote][quote="SmolCoffee"][/quote][/spoiler]
                                      [/size]

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image
User Image

CURRENTLY HIRING x x
                                              x Head of Graphics (0/0)
                                              x Graphics (0/6)

T H E x J O B
                                        Your job is to build banners, thread layouts, formats, and coding as well as to help
                                        layout pages in the magazine. We'll be asking you to push yourself past your comfort
                                        zone in graphics. You'll also be asked to participate in auctions and provide work for
                                        contests, as necessary. Experience in Adobe Photoshop preferred but not required.

x x x x x x

P A Y x S C A L E
                                        i COVER PAGE :: 30 BILLION
                                        i SINGLE PAGE LAYOUT :: 7.5 BILLION
                                        i DOUBLE PAGE LAYOUT :: 15 MILLION
                                        i THREAD LAYOUT :: 25 BILLION
                                        i LARGE BANNER :: 5 BILLION
                                        i SMALL BANNER :: 2 BILLION
                                        i BUTTON :: 2.5 BILLION
                                        i ART AUCTION :: 2.5% OF GRX CONTRIBUTED

x x x x x x

A P P L I C A T I O N
                                        pertinent people.

[quote="JaKayZombie"][/quote][quote="Corgeous Biscat"][/quote][/spoiler]
                                        [/size]

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image

CURRENTLY HIRING x x
                                                    x Head of Promotions/Events (1/1)
                                                    x Promotors/Advertisers (2/5)

T H E x J O B
                                              We cannot stress the importance of this department enough. You guys are the ones
                                              that help get our name out around Gaia and let people know what's going on with the
                                              mag (or that the mag even exists, etc). You'll also help plan, produce, and moderate
                                              Magazine run events (like lottos, contests, etc) and will work directly under our Head of
                                              Promotions. You're also responsible for just chilling in our threads, bumping, holding
                                              conversations, etc. Basically, you'll do whatever it takes to get readers in the doors.

x x x x x x

P A Y x S C A L E
                                              i SUCCESSFUL EVENT :: 5 BILLION
                                              i UNSUCCESSFUL EVENT :: 1 BILLION
                                              i ADVERTISING :: 2 BILLION (( BI-WEEKLY* ))
                                              i *This rate is based on amount of work done per
                                              i* week.

x x x x x x

CURRENTLY HIRING x x
                                          x Head of Advertising (0/1)
                                          x Sales Representatives (2/5)

T H E x J O B
                                    You are responsible for selling page space to other projects, events, shops, threads,
                                    etc, and getting people to advertise with us. You are essentially the face of Oh My Gaia!
                                    Magazine, the first users other Gaians meet before they even ever hear of the maga-
                                    zine. Because of this, you're expected to behave in a professional manner, as in no text
                                    speak, no snarkiness or drama, etc. Being polite, courteous and persistent are major
                                    factors of this job, and it is not to be taken lightly.

x x x x x x

P A Y x S C A L E
                                    i SALES REP :: 2 BILLION (( BI-WEEKLY* )) + 5% COMMISSION PER AD**
                                    i *This rate is based on the number of ads sold on a bi-weekly basis.
                                    i **ie :: they build the ad (( cost = 6 billion ))
                                    **iie :: x 2 BILLION + 300 MILLION = 2.3 BILLION
                                    **iie :: we build the ad (( cost = 10 billion ))
                                    **iie :: x 2 BILLION + 500 MILLION = 2.5 BILLION

A P P L I C A T I O N
                                    pertinent people.

[quote="JaKayZombie"][/quote][/spoiler]

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image
User Image

CURRENTLY HIRING x x
                                              x Head of Communications
                                              (1/1)
                                              x Communicator (2/6)

T H E x J O B
                                          Your job is to establish communications between the viewers, other Gaians,
                                          and the magazine staff. We'll be asking you to scout sources and
                                          people to interview. You will survey Gaians for information and
                                          feedback, as well as replying to their comments in a professional
                                          and positive manner.

x x x x x x

P A Y x S C A L E
                                          i COMMUNICATIONS IS CURRENTLY VOLUNTEER WORK :: Negotiable
                                          x x x x x x

A P P L I C A T I O N
                                              pertinent people.

[quote="JaKayZombie"][/quote][quote="Valkyrie Aryn"][/quote][/spoiler]
                                              [/size]

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image
User Image
                                        If you would like to be an affiliate of Oh My Gaia!
                                        please send a message to OMGMag

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image
User Image

1 0 / 2 9 :: opened
                                        1 2 / 0 2 :: 2nd issue published
                                        0 4 / 0 1 :: 3rd issue published

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image
User Image

Read our latest issue for September 2017 here!
                                        Be sure to check out our past publications as well.
                                        User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                            ↘↘
                                            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/oh-my-gaia-hiring-thread/t.101127867_1/][img]http://i.imgur.com/rd7Tt0s.png[/img][/url]

User Image
                                            ↘↘
                                            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/oh-my-gaia-the-lemonade-stand/t.100974859/][img="200"]http://i.imgur.com/zJXNcWF.png[/img]
                                            [/url][/size][/list][/list]

Fashionable Explorer

Fashionable Explorer

Blessed Lover

-settles in and hopes for new recruits-

Blessed Lover

-whistles horrible-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash