Welcome to Gaia! ::

Siphilis
Naiax Sidorenko
Testament of Death
Naiax Sidorenko
Testament of Death
I think they should all be banned, and a better effort be put forward to stop the sale and use of them. I also believe in harsher fines and jail time for those caught using them.
Please explain why

Because I don't think people are responsible enough the be trusted around addictive substances.
Fair enough.
Fair enough my a**. 1)How is it the government's business? 2)What kind of "addiction" is she referring to? Because not all drugs are physically addictive and if she's after anything "addictive" in general then you might as well ban anything and everything enjoyable because people with addictive personalities can get "addicted" to anything.
I didn't say her opinion had any basis in fact, I just wanted to understand where she was coming from.
I think most of us agree with some sort of legalization for marijuana.
However, quite frankly, I'm happy with its current level of legalization.
It's pretty much everywhere anyway and there is no moral step the U.S. could take to get rid of it.

Blessed Waffles

You're right, there's no moral step they could take to get rid of it, which is why they are resorting to immorally fining, imprisoning, and killing over small, inconsequential amounts of drugs like marijuana, which has been medically proven to have more health benefits than consequences.

I don't like drugs like cocaine and heroin -- the highly addictive, dangerous s**t that people tend to be really stupid with. I know people who do them in moderation and, hey, whatever floats your boat, but when you're doing it so much ad so desperate to get it that it rips you apart and you become a danger to yourself and others (I've seen this, too, but never with marijuana,) I think something needs to be done.

As for marijuana? Hell yeah. Legalize it.
Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Tobacco 435,000
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
Alcohol 85,000
Microbial Agents 75,000
Toxic Agents 55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
Suicide 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
Homicide 20,308
Sexual Behaviors 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600
Marijuana 0

I'll just leave this here
Exchange Soul
If cigarrets are legal, why shouldn't marijuanna be?

Aren't cigs worse?

a thats right they have corps money behind them.

They should all be legal imo, it's their choice and they shall deal with the consequences.

No offense, but you're comment that "it's their choice and they shall deal with the consequences" is not really valid. Most of the time when someone is addicted to a drug they are NOT the only person who is affected. People have killed people because they wanted the money in that persons wallet to buy crack, meth, heroin or whatever other highly addictive drugs are out there. And a person with a family could easily ruin their husband/wife and childrens lives with their addiction as well.

As for marijuana, i say yes it should legalized. i haven't read any studies or anything but i think saying that ALL drugs should be legalized is a little stupid.
Im sorry, i just have to say. I'm psyc'd. Though its only "legalized" for medical usages, it means change.
pelpy
Tobacco 435,000
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
Alcohol 85,000
Microbial Agents 75,000
Toxic Agents 55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
Suicide 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
Homicide 20,308
Sexual Behaviors 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600
Marijuana 0

I'll just leave this here

Rofl! Where is the facebook like button when i need it.
I think people should get to decide for themselves what the put into their own body. As long as what they do does not interfere with other peoples safety then I say that it is their choice to make.
IMgayerTHANyou
Exchange Soul

Aren't cigs worse?

They should all be legal imo, it's their choice and they shall deal with the consequences.

No offense, but you're comment that "it's their choice and they shall deal with the consequences" is not really valid. Most of the time when someone is addicted to a drug they are NOT the only person who is affected. People have killed people because they wanted the money in that persons wallet to buy crack, meth, heroin or whatever other highly addictive drugs are out there. And a person with a family could easily ruin their husband/wife and childrens lives with their addiction as well.

As for marijuana, i say yes it should legalized. i haven't read any studies or anything but i think saying that ALL drugs should be legalized is a little stupid.
And thats their choice.
You don't see me going around trying to make alcohol illegal just because some people abuse it and end up abusing their families, or killing people on the road. rolleyes

I say we stop trying to step on everyones aspect of life and let them do what they want.

6,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Testament of Death
I think they should all be banned, and a better effort be put forward to stop the sale and use of them. I also believe in harsher fines and jail time for those caught using them.

lolwut? More jail time for those caught using drugs? You mean you don't think the jail systems are already overcrowded enough? Instead of prisons operating at twice their expected capacity, you want them to go to triple or quadruple their capacity? That gets into cruel and unusual punishment at that point.
Exchange Soul
IMgayerTHANyou
Exchange Soul

Aren't cigs worse?

And thats their choice.
You don't see me going around trying to make alcohol illegal just because some people abuse it and end up abusing their families, or killing people on the road. rolleyes

I say we stop trying to step on everyones aspect of life and let them do what they want.

So are you telling me that a 5 year old child should have to deal with the choices his father/mother make without getting any choice of his/her own? That it is should be the person choice to ruin their wife or kids life? That kind of thinking is a good part of the reason that there are so many abused and neglected children.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
IMgayerTHANyou
Exchange Soul
IMgayerTHANyou
Exchange Soul

Aren't cigs worse?

And thats their choice.

So are you telling me that a 5 year old child should have to deal with the choices his father/mother make without getting any choice of his/her own? That it is should be the person choice to ruin their wife or kids life? That kind of thinking is a good part of the reason that there are so many abused and neglected children.

And those issues can be met with jail time and recovery. If you just chill on the couch smoking a bong or heck, even meth, and don't do anything but clean your house until your come down, that's not very dangerous. Sure, you don't want kids to get negative influences, but if the cops ever go down to the hypothetical parent drug users house, beating your child will get you some serious charges, and so will neglect due to addiction (which I don't get why people don't try to at least be functioning junkies, but that's me). You will not only go to jail for the abuse, but I assume it would be noted that it was because you were ******** on drugs and then place you in a rehab clinic.
And this falls on the statement, " if it grow in the ground it must be good for us. "

Hallowed Smoker

IMgayerTHANyou
Exchange Soul

Aren't cigs worse?

It's been said that cigarettes are more addictive than heroin.

How many people do you know have killed for a square?
Quote:

All drugs should be legalized they were legal before the 1930's and I believe if you looked at the statistics, there was less crime per capita.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff