Welcome to Gaia! ::

} ✤ { Welcome to TALKTippers Acting out of Love and Kindness. } ✤ {

We are a Charity dedicated more to community building and showing lasting support for young questers than large sum donation giving. Here at TALK we operate a little differently from most Gaian Charities in that how we show support for questers and how we ask for support from our donators is completely different.

For Questers, we show support by tipping one of the posts in your quest thread at least once a week as a community. We also will stop by and chat when the mood strikes us!

For Donators, instead of just dropping off a large sum of gold every now and then, you would become part of the tipper team! However, we would not turn down direct donations to the charity itself, it will just be used to fund events and contests for the Questers.

So come join us and let’s build a little community together, one person at a time. ♥

| intro | icy | rae | rules | application | members | donatees | donators | contest/events | whitelist | blacklist | links | past |

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
◞ } { { { about.the.owners {icy} { ◟

Hiyo! I'm Icy, the thread mama. I'm also the mean one, so don't make me mad or I'll be mean to you. D<

I've been on Gaia since 2004, obsessively going on nearly every day until I hit college and started to taper off until I wasn't really logging on by 2007. Then a week and a half before I graduated, I got full force addicted again. xD My earliest home in Gaia was the Charity and Quest subforum where I would just donate my gold to anyone who had a good looking quest because I was so happy with the peasant dress. <3 Years later I joined the thread of the Jellyfish Pirates with Delfire, our leader and Captain. After a while I was promoted to Second Mate, but things started to drift after Delfire left Gaia. ;-; My new home became The Church of Mod, where I am still active. It is an old R&M hang out thread and had some really active and interesting people for a long time, sprouting role plays, discussion and even a few romances! Now I'm attempting to build a small nest of my own!

In Real Life (which is a silly term by the way, Gaia can be just as real in some ways) I am a recent college grad who double majored in Sociology & Anthropology and East Asian Languages and Literature (Japanese) and double minored in Women & Gender Studies and Poverty & Human Capability Studies. I suck at languages, but love them so. ^^; I'm starting a waitressing job to help pay for bills while I pursue my ultimate dream of teaching for the JET program, than teaching for TFA, and hopefully one day becoming a Foreign Service Officer. <3

} { How TALK came to be: Icy-vision
    When Gaia's new Tipping Feature came out, I immediately wanted to do something with it. And I knew just who to do it with! So I pestered Rae Chae into helping me build this nest from the acorn up. <3 My main goal was to do three things: 1. Help newer users into a comfortable place in the Gaian Community, 2. Create a new social group to have fun with, and 3. Make use of the new and awesome forum feature Gaia gave us!

| intro | icy | rae | rules | application | members | donatees | donators | contest/events | whitelist | blacklist | links | past |

8,225 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Window Shopper 100
◞ } { { { about.the.owners {rae} { ◟

Rae is the thread papa, so come sit on my lap and let me spoil you. C: /notcreepyatall

I joined Gaia sometime in early 2004 with some of my AIM friends, being a general idiot noob. That's as specific as it will get, because in my defense, I was young and stupid. (: I hung around mostly in the Exchange, as I am a greedy gold whore. However, it was where I met most of my close Gaia friends, with whom I started a charity called "Little Wishes". It was there that I met Icy, through a mutual friend of ours (ECQ). :> As time moved on, so did my interests, so I eventually took a hiatus on Gaia to play Ragnarok Online. I came back during this summer since I needed something to keep me occupied, haha. So did ya miss me, bby? ♥

GAIA IS MY REAL LIFE, OKAY? When I'm not living life, I'm daydreaming about amazing/fun things like working and going to college. It would make the best MMO ever.

} { How TALK came to be: Rae-vision

I am not a copy cat. (: When Icy told me about making a charity, I was pretty interested since I had just started back up again and wanted something to keep me occupied. Unlike Icy, I don't really have any good intentions in mind. <: My ulterior motive was just so I could be lazy in a thread and meet new people, cause I'm cool like that. :B

◞ } { { { rules of the {charity} { ◟

Rules are important, breaking them causes bad things to happen. Guidelines are helpful, following them makes your time here more enjoyable, but not following them to the 't' will not result in punishment.

} { rules

• Follow the Gaia TOS and Rules & Guidelines (this especially means none of the following is permitted)
      • harassing other members
      • hate speech of any kind
      • posting any images that are PG13+
      • sending junk/chain mail
      • advertising anything outside of Gaia without thread owner permission
      • trolling
      • cybering.

• Post like you are writing an English Paper (aka, the Literacy Rule)
      • It is ok if your grammar or spelling is a little off, we won't go crazy over this, but please, please no txt speak or 1337 speak as the norm. It is ok to sprinkle it in once in a while for irony's sake, but if the first post you make is riddled with it, we won't take you as seriously. :<
      • This also means don't go swearing like a sailor all the time, curse words lose their effect if they are thrown around too often.

• Please Do Not Beg, Scam, or Hit & Run: yes we are a charity, but we have a procedure for granting donations.
      • PMing us with begging or sob stories disqualifies you for half a year starting the last date of the begging, as well as being blacklisted in the thread.
      • Begging in thread will make us ignore your posts, if you continue, you will be blacklisted.
      • Hit & Run advertising will be considered begging.
      • Do not actively advertise your quest here unless you've been here a while, I'll consider it begging. Having it in your signature is ok. Any other type of thread, such as art requests, sign shops, dress me threads are fine, because they are not indirectly/directly asking for gold or items. However, it is still considered to be in good taste to wait until you are a regular here before dropping advertisements on us.

• Watch the Post Formating: In general, I do not favor preformated posts of any kind, especially while holding a conversation.
      • This is especially true of preformated posts that stretch the page in any way or have items that can become an eyesore after a minute of looking at it (things that flash or blink repeatedly)
      • They are allowed, especially the smaller, more subtle ones. However, please do not quote them and if they are already on the page once, do not post them again.
      • Repeatedly ignoring these rules, especially after being reminded/warned will result in being blacklisted.

• Be Polite - Part of our Charity's title is Love and Kindness. We want to see these traits in everyone who is here.
      • Even if someone is upsetting, does not mean you have to respond in an escalating manner. Just walk away from the situation, but that does not mean you have to stop posting here. If you have a problem with someone here, please let us know. If this person is a regular problem, they will become blacklisted.
      • Another part of being polite is not stealing any images here or claiming them as your own if they are not. :<
      • Also, do NOT quote any of the first page. It makes finding conversation that much harder. D:

• No Senseless bumping, if someone is here, chat with them instead of just bumping over and over again! D:<

• Read the Rules (and applications) for anything you are planning on doing here. Obviously if you are reading this, you at least understand the basics of the General Thread Rules. xD

Sorry we have so many rules, Icy's really picky with people in general. Also, as a final note on the rules, we reserve the right to change the rules at any given moment based on the needs of the thread. We will try to change the thread title to let people know the rules have changed, but we might forget some times. x:

} { guidelines

• Read the Front Page
      • Like, all of it. You might be surprised what you find! Also, be on the look out for any white text! ^.~

• Mind the length of your posts
      • I'm not talking about writing paragraphs upon paragraphs in one post, I'm more worried about quote trees that get excessive. If you have to scroll at all just to get past one post with a long quote tree, it is too long. A good rule of them is try to limit it to 5 quotes if they are short and 1-2 if they are lengthy.
      • The biggest thing is making this place easy to read and talk in, kay? Also, if you ever DO feel the urge to write a novel here, please do consider breaking it up in a few paragraphs per post instead page/wall of text each post. xD;;

• Make people feel welcomed!
      • We want to build a warm community here and are interested in other people who want to do the same! So, if you've never seen someone here before and they are posting for the first time, go ahead and type a few extra words to just say Hi~!
      • On a similar note, we love it when you tell us you are leaving so we can tell you bye. c: I know it seems really small/silly, but in the long run, you really do feel the difference. <3
      • Try to not be overly judgemental here either. People come from all different life-styles and beliefs, and just because yours don't match theirs doesn't mean you have to belittle them.

• In Regards to Bumping:
      • As you can tell from the Rules, Icy dislikes bump after bump, they aren't entertaining to wade through when catching up with the thread later. I'd rather a slightly slower thread with interesting conversation than a fast one filled with bumps.
      • Bumps in general aren't banned, just only when the thread is quiet and you really cannot think of anything to post or talk about. But honestly, I'd rather read about what music you are currently listening to/whatever else you are doing and thinking about instead of endless bumps. DX

If anything above is confusing, do not feel afraid to ask questions! Icy tends to get wordy. Like, super wordy. And isn't very clear in general. XD Also, we love feedback/suggestions! <3

◞ } { { { how to {apply} { ◟

Rules for Applying:

Ohgod Icy has even MORE rules!? DD: But yes, dear reader, for you see, Icy is a very strict thread mama. :3

Mostly these are qualifications:

• The first step is to hang out in our thread with us for a week, just a post or two every few days over a 1-2 week period so we can start to get to know you. <3
    • We’re willing to look at anyone who quests, but our target goals are people who are between 1 year and 6 months of being on Gaia.
    • We are willing to support any type of quest, but our target goals are people who are questing for an item between 10k-100k, with strong preferential treatment given to people who are questing between the 10-25k range.
    • As we do a bit of background checking before donating, having publically accessible profiles is a must. We also need the following information available on your profile: Join Date, total posts, posts per day, friend list, last login, and a valid quest thread either in your signature or profile.

• Speaking of Quest Threads, only questers with a quest thread will be considered. And yes, we will be judging you based on the quality of your quest thread, as well as how long you’ve been questing for this item. That isn’t to say that older threads will automatically be favored over younger threads, but if we see you thread hopping every week with your quest thread, we might have some doubts. P.S. if you need help spiffying up your quest thread, feel free to post asking for advice! Since you are posting with intent to ask for advice, it is not considered begging! Handy loophole, no? ^.~
    • PS, try to include the secret phrase that has been scattered throughout the First Page to get on the Top Picks List! Look for the Golden Letters scattered throughout the first page posts, don’t worry, they will already be in the correct order. :3 Either add it to the end of your application in white text or incorporate it some way in your application to get double bonus points! ;D
    • Lastly, the length of the donation period will span either three months or until the quest has been completed, which ever comes first.

OMG that is like, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work for so little gold! Why should I even do this?!”

Simple, because we are willing to support you in so many different ways, as well as being genuinely interested in getting to know you. :3 We’ll also be running contests/events that are available only for people who are on our Tip List for a shot of earning extra gold and items!

Basically, Icy is trolling for new friends. X3

} { application
        Please fill out the application below and post it in the thread. Find the secret word and include it in your application in white! ♥ The more you can fill out, the better it will be for you. Help us get to know you! (:

[list][size=11]
        { [size=15]✿✿✿[/size] }
        [b]name:[/b]
        [b]how you found us:[/b] if through a person/thread, please link them
        [b]link to quest:[/b]
        [b]explain what you're doing:[/b] to get gold/funds (exchanging, shops, games, etc.)
        [b]reason you want donation:[/b]
        [b]posts per day:[/b] (public access to profile, for background checks)
        [b]list 5 (close) friends:[/b] (how you met + preferably public access profiles)
        [b]favorite activity:[/b]
        [b]favorite thing to do on Gaia:[/b]
        [b]other interests/hobbies:[/b][/size]

◞ } { { { members of the {charity} { ◟

Icy spacespace
    Rae spacespace
    Kyraa
    Alranth

} { Join the Tipper Team!

Interested in taking part of this new community? Read on!

Perks include: New friends! Sense of Purpose! Helping Younger Members! Possible events/contests for the Tipper Team!

Duties: Tipping with the team. What will happen is I, Tipperware, will request a friendship with you when you join our team. Once a week you'll get a PM from us pointing out the posts we are planning on tipping. Even if you cannot guarentee being able to tip at least once a week, there is a place for you on the Tipper Team!

"Sounds great! How do I join?"

Filling out the application to join the Tipper Team is more about introducing yourself to everyone than it is to see if you should be picked to join! xD Just post the completed application in the thread! :'D

[list][size=11]
    { [size=15] ☆ ☆ ☆[/size] }
    [b]name:[/b]
    [b]how you found us:[/b] if through a person/thread, please link them
    [b]reason for joining Tipper Team:[/b]
    [b]posts per day:[/b] (public access to profile, for background checks. This is mostly so we have an idea of how active you are.)
    [b]list 5 (close) friends:[/b] (how you met + preferably public access profiles)
    [b]favorite activity:[/b]
    [b]favorite thing to do on Gaia:[/b]
    [b]other interests/hobbies:[/b][/size]

◞ } { { { questers donated {to} { ◟
◞ } { { { donators to the {charity} { ◟
◞ } { { { events/contests currently {ongoing} { ◟

} { Tipperware Dress-Up :
      • Price limit of 50k
      • Must post Tektek link with items
      • Winner will be chosen by a combination of public votes and our discretion.
      • No limit to entries, however a winner of one prize may not win another.
      • Entry should be coherent, not just throwing everything cheap together.

Contest ends September 1st, 2010

} { Prizes :
      • First prize: 10,000 gold
      • Second prize: 5,000 gold
      • Third prize: 3,000g gold
◞ } { { { white {list} { ◟
◞ } { { { black {list} { ◟
◞ } { { { links {in/out} { ◟
    Please link us! If you would like to do a link exchange, please PM Tipperware. C:

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/t.64096057/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/Raekna/Gaia Etc/charity.png[/IMG][/url]
◞ } { { { events/contests of the {past} { ◟

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces