Welcome to Gaia! ::

December 2021 Visitor Count ★Happy Holidays & Winter Fun★

Have a fantastic Day! 0.28947368421053 28.9% [ 22 ]
So owning a home is really expensive! DX 0.078947368421053 7.9% [ 6 ]
I finally upgraded internet, again so expensive! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Money RNG~! 10k, 25k prizes! 0.026315789473684 2.6% [ 2 ]
Weekly Dice Rolls! Easy game! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Join the Discord Server for avi contests and giveaways! 0.026315789473684 2.6% [ 2 ]
Going for 20k pages! Post away! 0.013157894736842 1.3% [ 1 ]
Item Suffocation has returned to us! Daily request for items! 0.38157894736842 38.2% [ 29 ]
Check out Takeover Tuesdays! 0.013157894736842 1.3% [ 1 ]
I is alive somehow! Wish me luck! 0.17105263157895 17.1% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • 20000 High Score 500
Niroshan
ichigokazuki

Weekly Dice Roll Chance: Week Thirteen!

Nothing today but there is always tomorrow to try! 3nodding

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • 20000 High Score 500
marker for ichi

Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Alien Explorer

ichigokazuki
glengrin
ichigokazuki
glengrin
ichigokazuki
glengrin

If you can get LL Bean or Edie Bauer in Cda, check them out. Those are the two sites I found to be reliable. Basic stuff well made, not cheap but will last for years.

One day maybe. But with rising waters, maybe somewhere a bit inland might be more prudent. I love the ocean though. I grew up just 2 km from it.

Indeed. All you can do is be aware of what's happening in your area and act accordingly to stay as safe as you can. Same here.

OK, then favorite books? Some authors, I love all their stuff, others I do have favorite books or series. It depends.

I'll have to check and see when I finally decide to look for new clothes.

I live right next to a lake and also have a river going through my town. lol Hopefully I'll be okay.

Be aware and safe but not paranoid is my goal. lol

I think my favourite book is Kit's Wilderness, its a novel I read as a kid and it just stuck with me. whee

Heh, I know the feeling. From the time I suspect I need new clothes to when finally shop for them is usually about a year or so, lol. So much for the stereotype of women loving to shop... rofl

If your home is on a bit of a rise, you should be. If not, carry good flood insurance and have safety plans in place.

It's a laudable goal and a fine line in these times of COVID, West Nile Virus and all the diseases ticks transmit. Too many people say ******** it and bury their head in the sand while others end up hiding from life. I try to find the balance too.

Not heard of that one; who's it by and what is it about?

Depends on what I am shopping for. I love hunting through thrift stores and yard sales for treasures. lol

Sorry for the disappearing, life can be mean and too much was piling up, so something had to give. I am mostly back on track now I think.

Covid is getting worse in the North where I am, not right in my town but literally all around us as is the bad weather. Everyone is thinking we're gonna be shut down after Christmas.

How have things been for you??

The novel is by David Almond, here's a little summary about it "The Watson family moves to Stoneygate, an old coal-mining town, to care for Kit's recently widowed grandfather. When Kit meets John Askew, another boy whose family has both worked and died in the mines, Askew invites Kit to join him in playing a game called Death. As Kit's grandfather tells him stories of the mine's past and the history of the Watson family, Askew takes Kit into the mines, where the boys look to find the childhood ghosts of their long-gone ancestors."

Welcome back!

That kind of shopping I enjoy too; but around here thrift stores aren't many and don't offer much except junk, unlike in other places I've lived. The same for too many yard sales. I have better luck online with used stuff.

So what's been going on? It really sounds like stuff piled on all at once as it tends to in life.

Nothing too onerous; tons of medical screenings due to stuff found last year and routine stuff they throw at you when you turn 65, plus I had my covid booster about 2 hours ago and it's starting to hit a bit. Not as bad as the 1st 2 shots (moderna for all). I did get the couches I ordered last June-- 6 weeks early. They look nice but don't fit as well as expected. Oh well, I can make them comfortable with a pillow and the store did firm up the seating for us. And bonus, my old sofas made it, albeit barely until these arrived.

Yeah, the next COVID surge is arriving as expected. I guess we continue on as we have and wait it out still. Really long wait but that's life.

Yeah, a book of exploration and mystery, it sounds like a really good children's book.

Thank you! It's nice to be back again.

I've been able to find some really good treasures especially from our Food Bank Yard Sale, and stuff to refurish too. I do like the Facebook marketplace as well.

I got saddled with doing remote work for another clinic again and taking their calls somedays and my god its like I'm working for a call centre and doesn't leave room for much else. It sucks and I get shipments of their paperwork to complete. Then my furnace broke, my dryer broke and I'm still waiting for my new furnace to be installed. The bank didn't estimate my property taxes properly so now my payments are going up. And my cat got sick. It's just been a lot.

I hope the booster isn't hitting you too bad. My Mum got hers and it was just sore arm, better then her second shot she said. Do you think you'll grow to love the new couches?

What else can you do but be pro-active in keeping yourself safe? Just have to wait it out.

It's my comfort book! heart

Treasure hunting is different from regular shopping and a lot more fun, I agree. Once regular shopping was fun too, but it's been maybe 20 years or so since it has been.

That's a lot, all at once. Murphy's Law tends to hit like that, all at once. I hope you got good overtime for all that extra work to cover all the unexpected expenses and that everything is soon replaced and working great. How's your cat doing?

It's not as bad as the 2nd shot but it's still hitting somewhat. I feel clearer today and my arm has better range of motion but still stiff and sensitive to cold. It's been 50 hours since the booster.

Love them? No, but I do like them. They're better than I thought I could find when it came time to replace the old ones.

Yep. It's amazing how most are not willing to do that.

Nice.

Lofty Ambition rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Dapper Shopper

8,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
ichigokazuki

Niroshan rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

satansrose's Husband

ichigokazuki

kyuseo rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Ahri's Kouhai

Charmed Bunny

gaia_angelleft emotion_bigheart gaia_angelright

ichigokazuki

Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

ichigokazuki
Kedrick Phoenixx
ichigokazuki
Kedrick Phoenixx
ichigokazuki
Kedrick Phoenixx

maybe try looking on letgo or something? Its basically like a yard sale without the yard xd

Just gotta go with the flow for dat smooth ride ya know 3nodding

AJGDFAKJSGFDAS! whee
SHE'S SO ADORABLE! I WANT TO HUGGLE HER! scream
also love how the white spot is just in the danger attack zone lmfao

Literally just noticed your sparkly toes at the corner of the pick lol I see you got the halloween colors going wink

Our food bank in town does a yard sale, they take like all donations and then every weekend open up for peeps to come and check out what they have to purchase and all money made goes to the food bank. It's awesome, I find so much cool stuff! and of course facebook marketplace, I am always on the hunt for good deals. lol

She is my baby kitty. She's actually an old lady at 13. and she will attack if you try and pet that area. lol heart

I do! lol and of course I always add sparkles! 4laugh

Oh that's really cool! biggrin Best idea I've ever heard right there lol

She's too cute to be old whee forever baby kitteh! she ganna have to deal with it!

maybe I should just crochet you a stuffy and fill it with glitter so that every time you pick it up there's just glitter absolutely everywhere rofl

I love going there, I have found so many cool things and stuff to fix up and refurnish. Plus its where I get all my puzzles from. lol And its a good cause.

She is my baby for sure. MinBin is a demanding cat though, lol She has a lot to say always.

I like sparkles on my nails, but I don't think a stuffy with sparkles spilling out of it is for me. xp

Like regular puzzles? Lol do I even want to know how many you have?

She meows a lot?

Are you sure? I don't think you see the benefit of have sparples EVERYWHERE at ALL times rofl

Yeah puzzles! Anywhere from 300 pcs to 2000 pcs. I own way to many! 4laugh

She sqawks and coos. lol

I decorated for Christmas. The sparkles are EVERYWHERE! lol

Sorry for disappearing, life is something. xp

lol which is your fav puzzle? like the image thats on it.

oh? inside and outside or just inside? my mom wanted to decorate outside but I hate christmas and my bro is lazy so yeah we aint decorating outside xD

its ok, you ok??

Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers