Welcome to Gaia! ::

December 2021 Visitor Count ★Happy Holidays & Winter Fun★

Have a fantastic Day! 0.2962962962963 29.6% [ 24 ]
So owning a home is really expensive! DX 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 6 ]
I finally upgraded internet, again so expensive! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Money RNG~! 10k, 25k prizes! 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 3 ]
Weekly Dice Rolls! Easy game! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Join the Discord Server for avi contests and giveaways! 0.024691358024691 2.5% [ 2 ]
Going for 20k pages! Post away! 0.012345679012346 1.2% [ 1 ]
Item Suffocation has returned to us! Daily request for items! 0.35802469135802 35.8% [ 29 ]
Check out Takeover Tuesdays! 0.012345679012346 1.2% [ 1 ]
I is alive somehow! Wish me luck! 0.18518518518519 18.5% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]

Gyeongdan
ichigokazuki

seth_red_riley

Item Suffocation Request gaia_demonduck
Hello, hello Ichi!
If I could get:
User Image Astra: Nighttime Holiday Porch
User Image REMemories...
Thank you so much heart

Sent you a trade! whee
Aria Noir
ichigokazuki

seth_red_riley

Item Suffocation Request gaia_demonduck
Ichi!!
Winter Retaliator and Woodland Deerhart, please and thank you! heart

Sent you a trade! 3nodding
marker for seth

Otherworldly Dreamer

59,825 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • 20000 High Score 500
marker for ichi

Otherworldly Dreamer

59,825 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
glengrin
ichigokazuki
glengrin
ichigokazuki
glengrin
Yes and it's glorious! Oh my, it's cold enough now I'd want it at least 23C to open the windows here to let in fresh air without cooling off the house. Today will likely top out at about 19C which is really cool for this time of year. Ave. is still surprisingly about 25C. Just 2 weeks ago ave would have been over 28.

Ah, so this is your first full sized holiday dinner gathering. Nothing was normal last year for anyone!

If you're interested, I have a trilogy that is historical fiction that is also in my very small permanent collection; it's that good. Niada West's the California trilogy. I was part of the team of editors on 2 of the 3 books (first one was out before we met and I became a fan of hers first over that one). They're required reading at many universities in the US and the UK and likely one day they'll be considered classics. Wonderful reading. Note, try to get later editions as she kept revising the books with each edition as new historical information came in. I read a later edition of that first book figuring it'd be a paragraph or two mixed in and a full third was rewritten and it was even better! Also part of the fun was trying to figure out which parts were fact and which fiction, she wove them so seamlessly. I guessed wrong in many instances. Later editions she includes that info after the story.

We're suppose to hit the negatives this weekend, just a bit, dipping our toes in it I guess. We're already had a few mornings with frost. Today is rainy day, with wind of course making umbrella's almost pointless. My shoes were wet once I got to work and I didn't bring any spares, socked feet at work today I guess. lol

It was! I kind of hope I can do it again this Christmas! lol and nope, things still aren't really normal yet too.

You were part of the editors?? That's really cool! So the books keep changing slightly? Wonder if people ever argued about the books not knowing one of them had a revised version?

Do you not waterproof your shoes? It's a really steady gentle rain today and I'm loving it. On Sunday a really huge storm is hitting, bringing lots of wind and rain, enough to flood if it were any later in the season. It's massive and should hit you later this week. A storm this intense in Oct. is unheard of here even in very wet winters. We're in for a very interesting winter, all of us.

True, but at least we can have gatherings somewhat safely if everyone is vaccinated once again. I'm glad you're so enjoying hosting family gatherings in your new house.

I was, the substantive editor, working with the story itself rather than spelling and grammar (line editor) although I did some of that too. I loved editing her books, she was fun to work with and much of what I did was stop her from taking out wonderful bits because her h or sister didn't think they belonged but were wonderful and did. Later she told me she got feedback from readers they were their's too.

Oh good point; I can imagine the spirited discussions due to that. All editions were great, but I must admit, the most recent were the best. She's self published so she could do as she liked with her books. It's rare for someone who is to be as professional and talented as she is, to become required reading in so many universities, especially when her books came out.

I don't think a spray would have helped, couldn't avoid the massive puddles nor transports that like to hit said water and create a wave, lol. I do try and spray my winter boots.

This is true! I carry my 'vaccine passport' as its called around, cause we need it to eat at restaurants and stuff here.

I never thought about there being different kinds of editors, but that makes sense! That's awesome that you were able to help her keep those sections in her books!

I went to college for Professional Writing and we have storytelling theory classes and creative writing but one of my faves was dystopian literature. It would have been cool to have more classes based on types of fiction/literature.

There is that. Still to help my shoes last, the first thing I do is waterproof them after purchasing them. I tend to get more expensive shoes that last for years. I guess it would make sense for you to wear boots on those very wet days then.

Heh, they're calling the storm due to hit Sunday a cat. 5 bomb cyclone. Yep, it'll be massive with the center heading to BC but the river hitting here. The house has been weirdly warm and humid ahead of the storm in spite of two smaller storms. So in the middle of all this soupiness, of course our guavas began falling in earnest; we still have to gather them daily.

My city is as bad as some of the southern US for COVID rates, vaccine levels and enforcement and safety measures so I am not eating in restaurants yet. They do not have proof of vaccine mandates. The state does for events with more than 100 people but that's it, plus mask mandates. The experts are still saying that even for the fully vaccinated, eating in restaurants in areas of high transmission with no proof of vaccination required, is the number 1 most risky thing you can do. My husband just got his booster today--he has Pfizer, it's been 6 months and that one has been approved as a booster. I have Moderna so I still have good coverage for now and boosters for that are not yet approved but should be shortly.

It is, and if my main job with an author is mostly getting her to not second guess herself based on family criticism on her very epic books, it's a very enjoyable job indeed. Most require a lot more work, but I did truly enjoy substantive editing. I got to help novels be born!

There's nothing stopping you from reading many genres now, trying out new things. But yeah, they should include that with professional writing classes. Dystopian novels, that took me back--I was in a program for gifted students in high school, and in 11th grade our English class was all about utopian and dystopian novels and I absolutely loved it.

Yeah I need to get me some new shoes, these ones I've had for years and they are wearing down. lol Just gotta either order online and hope they fit or wait till I get out of town.

I do not like the humidity, lol So you have guavas forever?? lol But now its just cool for us, barely hitting double digits during the afternoon. But I don't mind it at all.

There is all this talk of boosters but as of yet, no word around my area if they will start giving boosters. Our province as a whole is reporting less then 400 new cases a day and they say they are hoping to stop all restrictions and masks by March 2022. We'll see.

That must be an awesome feeling to have helped novels come to life!!

Just myself stopping me, its always the horror and mysteries that snag my attention, same in shows and movies. lol Dystopian is cool and all, but the books they had us read, I don't think any of them had a happy(ish) ending really. lol

Otherworldly Dreamer

59,825 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
Kedrick Phoenixx
ichigokazuki
Kedrick Phoenixx
ichigokazuki
Kedrick Phoenixx

awww the cats with the short legs are suuuuuper adorable!
You should get those things where u can stamp the design on :3
Pft, don’t need the tube. You flush that b***h down the toilet to suffer! SUFFER! scream

Yeah I think it is. I tried to watch it all over again at one point but I couldn’t do it lol. And yeah you’re right, is there a lot of danger?

They are! But its so sad when my cat attempts to jump onto like the couch and can't get all the way and just slides back down.

Luckily I have not met one and I hope I never have to pick one off of myself. Ticks=evil. They serve no purpose.

Well in the story there is like a war going on, lol there always is in the show so yeah. There is danger, mostly from the humans. lol

I had an awesome staycation, it was great not being at work. It was so sad to come to work today. crying

omfg xd don't tell me that! It just sounds hilarious! Sad...but hilarious none the less lol

They probably really don't have purpose, just like wasps. I swear wasps are just here to scare and hurt people rofl

Sounds pretty realistic cuz lets face it, humans are the problem rolleyes at the end there should just be another nuke, problem fixed lmfao

Aw I'm sorry! But I'm glad you had a nice break to chill out 3nodding

It is kind of funny but also sad. She just gives up and leaves. My heart! lol

Wasps so mean, they be trying to invade my house. I like bees and bumblebees, so adorable!

Humans are definitely the problem! Earth would be so nice if humans didn't ruin it. XD

Two more days till the weekend and another mini break from work! Yay!

I wanna start priming and painting these closets of mine but I am like too lazy after work to do so. I'd rather play games. lol

You now just need little steps everywhere for her cuz thats too heartbreaking.

Yo, the townhouse we lived in, wasps kept getting inside constantly and I honestly never figured out how the ******** they did it XD

Yeah, that's why I say the humans would be ******** if the other species ever invaded. Sure, the humans have guns but they got magic plus half the humans wouldn't even be on the human side cuz they know the humans suck lol.

Is it ganna be rainbow? If it aint rainbow then I don't want it! lol

I know right? But pet steps are expensive! lol I got mine from a yard sale for 5 bucks.

They are persistent evil things!

lol that is so true!

No I am just painting the inside of the closets white XD, its currently this ancient paneling that kind of has a musty smell, so I have this stain and smell blocking primer. But I will say being on the inside of the closet painting and then coming out of the closet kind of made me chuckle. xp

Otherworldly Dreamer

59,825 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
Erry Chu
ichigokazuki

That Icarus Kid

Weekly Dice Roll Chance: Week Eleven!

Congrats! I've sent you a trade! 3nodding

Otherworldly Dreamer

59,825 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
Aria Noir
ichigokazuki

That Icarus Kid

Nothing this time, but the new week will be started soon! 3nodding

Otherworldly Dreamer

59,825 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
Gyeongdan
ichigokazuki

That Icarus Kid

heart

Otherworldly Dreamer

59,825 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
Mochishiba
ichigokazuki

That Icarus Kid

Otherworldly Dreamer

59,825 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
Weekly Dice Roll: Week Twelve is LIVE!

Aria Noir rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

ichigokazuki

That Icarus Kid

Weekly Dice Roll Chance: Week Twelve!
yum_pizza

Gyeongdan rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

ichigokazuki

That Icarus Kid

heart

Mochishiba rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

ichigokazuki

That Icarus Kid

thanks ichi heart heart

Aria Noir generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 447!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff