Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why do you hate celebrities?

DEY R HORZ N DESRV 2 DIE!11!1 0.10294117647059 10.3% [ 7 ]
They have all of this wealth but don't seem deserving of it, or to be doing anything at all worthwhile. Charity, for example. 0.27941176470588 27.9% [ 19 ]
I don't. They deserve as much respect as the next person. 0.61764705882353 61.8% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Quote:
I think that it is stupid to hate a celebrity. I have been 'walking around here in the entertaiment forums' the past three days and have read that people hate Tom Cruise. and frankly I dont get why. because he's found love? shouldnt we be happy for him and Katie? whenever someone finds a bit of happieness someone else comes and destroy it..and the thing about the water, I mean wouldnt you be upset if that happened to you? it is all stupid..I mean, I like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. they are both very good actors/actress...

I totally agree with everything you said! I mean I've seen so many threads talking about hating Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and other people, but I've always wondered, why hate someone that you've never and probaly never will meet in person? I mean you can't say you hate someone until you actually meet that person in person.
promised_island
Quote:
I think that it is stupid to hate a celebrity. I have been 'walking around here in the entertaiment forums' the past three days and have read that people hate Tom Cruise. and frankly I dont get why. because he's found love? shouldnt we be happy for him and Katie? whenever someone finds a bit of happieness someone else comes and destroy it..and the thing about the water, I mean wouldnt you be upset if that happened to you? it is all stupid..I mean, I like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. they are both very good actors/actress...

I totally agree with everything you said! I mean I've seen so many threads talking about hating Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and other people, but I've always wondered, why hate someone that you've never and probaly never will meet in person? I mean you can't say you hate someone until you actually meet that person in person.

Exactly.

I admit that I used to be one of those people who "hated" the Olsen twins. But that stopped when I came here and realised that really, they're people. Just like me. They just grew up in a completely different circumstance to me.

I may not approve of how they live, but that's got nothing to do with me anyway.
I think that some celebrities should be treated just like humans and treated like everyone else (which is good). But some should be treated well a little better than the average person!!
hobbit_of_the_shire05
I think that some celebrities should be treated just like humans and treated like everyone else (which is good). But some should be treated well a little better than the average person!!

razz Hehe. Like who?
I hate teh papapapaparazzi, in general. Those leeches who infringe upon peoples personal and private lives for money. It's incredible how they are free to intrude that way. I know celebrities love to get their egos rubbed a lot to make them feel good. But, why not take pictures when they are in public events and not during their private time? Dei R Teh LEeChes. D:
See, I'm in two minds about them. Celebrities are celebrities because we, the public, put them on that pedastle. But does that mean we have the right to know the ins and outs of their lives? On the one hand, I think everyone has a right to privacy, but these people are celebrities, they chose to be in the limelight, so I guess they should expect it to a certain extent.
True. I would just put myself in their position and ask myself, if I became a celebrity overnight by just doing my job and getting followed everywhere. I would get pretty upset. It's so difficult, some people may like it and some people might hate it. I guess because i'm not in that position, I would hate a crowd outside my home waiting to take a picture of me scratching my butt. D:
Ky0ote[x]Boo
XD

Please don't spam the thread.
I couldn't agree more.

I don't bother disliking celebrities because, under the money and glamour, they're just like us.

Granted, some of their fangirls/boys annoy me when they rant and rave about how they want them to be their 'baby daddy' or how 'they're their future wife/husband' but it's not the celebrity in question's fault.

I admit though, one or two celebrities bug me. One especially. I won't name him since rarely anyone probably knows who he is. The thing is, he's a good actor and seems like a decent human being. There's just something about him that annoys me. I don't hate him, far from it (I believe all hatred needs a solid foundation of getting to know the person before judging), but he just annoys me to the point of changing the channel every time I see a commercial with him on it. And I know it's pathetic. -_-

But I digress. Pretty much, Isa stated the best of this in her thread and I'm going to add the new link to the Survival sticky.
I know what you mean about the fangirls. But I guess we've all done it at one time or another, or will do in the future. Loved something so much we just spazz out. Just because a lot of someone's fans act this way doesn't mean that they should be hated though. razz
i hate chad pennigton of the new york jets...during a news cofrence he said that the media is getting in his way and its a privlage to meet him...he isnt even that good grr!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff