Welcome to Gaia! ::

My feelings have never been moved so much as to shed man tears (except Toy Story 3, ******** that s**t), but there is only one book that has ever achieved this feat, Odd Thomas. I swear I did not see that ending coming.

What books deeply saddened you?

O.G. Gaian

There's been a few... the first was Black Beauty, and it felt like I cried for days about Ginger. In fact, I still get a little misty-eyed -- and mom read it to me when I was about four or so. Where the Red Fern Grows (assigned reading in fifth grade) had me sobbing, too. More recently, though (as in, within the past decade), The Time Traveler's Wife just tore me to SHREDS. I mean, I was literally blotting tears off the page and squinting to be able to keep reading. And I had to keep reading -- I'd picked it up mostly to pass the time, and of my choices that one seemed the most interesting, but I was surprised at how caught up I got in it.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
The Last Unicorn makes me cry. A lot.

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Thirteen reasons why
between the shades of gray
The hate list

those are the only ones i remember right now.

Tipsy Noob

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kite Runner - both book and movie made me cry but I vividly remembered how the book made me cry because I was reading it in library and I created a little commotion because I was sniffing noisily while crying.. xd I didn't expect the book to be so moving.
Looking for Alaska by John Green. About half way through the book I couldn't pick it up without a box of tissues next to me.

Magnetic Phantom

One of the earlier Edge Chronicles books when one of the characters died.

Thieving Rogue

16,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
As Meat Loves Salt by Maria McCann ripped my heart out.
Peony in Love by Lisa See heart I was in tears by the end of the book

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Damaged by Cathy Glass

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Les Misérables made me cry like crazy, especially the part where we see all the horrible things that happened to Fantine.

I'm sure there's more, cause I cry fairly easily, but I can't remember any specific ones right now.

boybaka's Significant Otter

High-functioning Bookworm

19,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Most recently, it was "Second Nature" by Alice Hoffman. But there are plenty of books out there that will turn me into a waterworks...

Altruistic Muse

12,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Frustrated Painter
Kite Runner - both book and movie made me cry but I vividly remembered how the book made me cry because I was reading it in library and I created a little commotion because I was sniffing noisily while crying.. xd I didn't expect the book to be so moving.

Dude that book ripped my freaking heart apart with its teeth and then spat it out..
I didn't expect it to move me much either, I started reading the book not really knowing what it was about--it was suggested to me by a friend.

Tipsy Noob

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
tarmin_slime
Frustrated Painter

Dude that book ripped my freaking heart apart with its teeth and then spat it out..
I didn't expect it to move me much either, I started reading the book not really knowing what it was about--it was suggested to me by a friend.

Me too! I had no idea what it was about when I started reading it. I just know it is highly recommended. I expected it to be as boring as Life of Pi but boy, I was wrong. mrgreen

Festive Celebrator

I cried in the Harry Potter series. There were several scenes that were just heart-breaking for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff