Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image

Maxine sighed and slowly slid down, laying her head on her arms in front of the fire. She slowly fell into an uneasy sleep, waking again at the crack of lightning that through the light through the windows. Maxine wasn't one to easily sleep so she just laid still, gazing at the burning embers that flicked to life again and again. Maxine was very uneasy, she didn't know what was going to happen tomorrow, although she hoped maybe things would go back to being as they were.

User Image
Jiro listened but could hear nothing, well atleast nothing coming from Maxine except her soft breathing. He guessed she was finally trying to sleep. And for now he would act like he was too. His eyes never once opened and he shifted only slightly ever now and then. Although he really didn't need too. Then soon he could hear more sounds. The fire had died out and now a damp and mucky feeling was left in his cabin. Guessing it was fianlly morning he allwoed his eyes open and let them examine everything until they finally landed on Maxine before jumping to the window. Just out the window, the clouds were once mroe a scattered few however the storm appeared to have only lasted the night. A slightly dripping sound came from trees and the roof as the water ran off the roof. He guessed that the ground would be soft and slippery as it always was. He once again glanced over to Maxine though. His eyes studying her, for reasons he did not know. That neckless, he thought. He was 100% sure he knew it, yet he didn't. A very strange feeling indeed.

then he heard it. Jumping to his feet he rushed over to Maxine. He nudged her slightly with the back of his hand. "Maxine," he mumbled "hey Maxine get up you have to get out of here. Somethings coming and I am not sure if its safe her anymore. Wait no he could catch you on your way out. Oh crap what do I do. Ummm Maxine I want you to hide yourself and stay as quiet as you can, no questions." He said rushing every word. The thing that he heard was the only thing that could cause him to act like this. Footsteps, feet dashing, much faster around the forest. the widn seemed to avoid however was coming this way. Slowly getting closer and closer. Then there was a slightly knock on the door. Relentlessly the vampire moved from where he was and over to the door. Glacing back slightly over to Maxine worried slightly he opened the door. A male about his age stood their staring back at him. With an odd smile on his face. Deep blond hair, light blue eyes and a very tall and quite muscleur build. Hesitantly he invited the man in and tried to keep him away from where Maxine was. "You must be Tyson, i'm Jiro." He said quietly and sat himself down. At this moment he was very confused. He didn't knwo what to do. He had to get Maxine out of here, this man he knew basically nothing about. The most important fact that could determain Maxine's fate was Tyson's self control.
User ImageUser Image

Maxine watched from behind the boards of the wall, she was skinny enough to fit and there'd always been a loose panel, she'd found when she was hiding her journal long ago. She sighed lightly but it came out silent. What was Jiro so afraid of, it didn't make sense to her, though she could tell that even he was afraid. Max wasn't though, at least not for herself she was afraid for Jiro what was this man going to do to him. Why did Max care what he did, it didn't in truth matter all that much. Slowly she closed her eyes and prayed for everything to come out alright, hoping maybe that it would just be a misunderstanding, though why was Jiro trying to protect her.... none of this made any sense at all. (((Sorry i'm rather sick so one paragraphs about the best i can do))

User Image
Tyson ran swiftly across the fields, night slowly becoming day, and then he was getting rained on. He chuckled stupiedly to himself as he ran in the rain, getting completly drenched but he thought it was ok. Then it stopped. Morning had come and people soon began to appear out of homes in a town not to far in the distance. He stopped for a moment to stare before running at a more human speed towards where he could see trees. Guessing that it was the forest and where a cabin would be built. As his foot steps trailled and he soon entered the forest he broke into a run once more. Running around trying to figure out where to go then. He saw it. A small log cabin placed in the depths of the forest. The place was quite old and was completly soaked, but it was solid, it was well made and it was actually pretty nice. He walked over to the front door and knocked slightly. Almost a few minutes after the door fianlly creaked open and there stood a male. Sharp emerald eyes, long brown hair that cover his left eye, slightly shorter then him and less msucleur, but probably just as powerful. Well that was if this was the right guy. He grinned pleasently and as he was invited in he instantly walked over to a nearby chair and plopped himself down. He could smell soemthing odd but decided not to mention it. "How ya doing Jiro, I'm Tyson as you said. I'm the vampire who will be stayin' woth you for the next while." Tyson said in his bit of a mocking voice. He blinked as he noticed Jiro wasn't lookin at him and shrugged. then it started. "So Jiro how long have you been a vampire, as for me i've been one for about 25 years. So do you like being a vampire, have you ever tried to do something you couldn't do before? Whats it like living in this town? What do you do for fun?" Tyson's habit of 50 million questions for any vampire he meets. The only reasons why he stopped was because the confused look on Jiro was simply to amusing to him. He laughed loudly and turned from his seat looked aorund. It wasn't bad and almost everything seemed hand made here. Except for a few things here and there but other wise almost everything was made out of wood. He smiled widly once again and looked over to Jiro. "So what should we do today?" He asked still grinning.

((Its ok, my post is pretty short too.))
User ImageUser Image

Jiro was simply stunned. Tyson didn't seem bad or like he would be hard to handle. Just very talkitive, especially when a game of 20 questions seemed to come up. "Ummm about 60 years I think, I lost count." He mummbled shly and then more questions came flying at him. "Well I don't really like being a vampire actually. No and its quiet and peaceful. I like to watch the scenery and see how the towns doing." Jiro said answering all the questions watching as Tyson nodded in agreement or simply because he was listening, he wasn't sure. He didn't bother looking over to see if Maxine was ok. If he didn't have any control at all, he knew he probably smelt her and would have attacked. But he seemed perfectly fine. Plus he had been a vampire for about 25 years so he was used to all the hightened senses so he probably could smell her but yet he remained silent. He was curious but he also stayed quiet. Just by looking at both of the vampires you could deffenitly see the difference. Not with just thier hair and eye color but with the expressions. Jiro had a hard stoned expression while Tyson looked like he was about to burst into laughter. The silence was suddenly broken by Tyson hmmmmmming.

"Well then, why don't we go into town now. I would like to get used to the area, why don't you give me a tour, and you can bring that human with you. Don't worry I got great control." Tyson sing-sang, a wide grin on his face. He had fianlly meantioned her and this made Jiro stiffin' with tension. Jiro nodded stiffly. "Umm sure, but as for the human, she only comes if she wants to." He said glancing over to where Maxine was hidden. Tyson and Jiro stared at each other, exaiming each other and how they reacted to certain movements. They were basically mimicing each other, but as Tyson took a step forward that quickly ended. Jiro turned towards the door and hesitantly opened it. He had revealed a lot of information about himself right in front of Maxine, this was not good. But he had no choice, these two vampires needed to learn a bit about each other. Although, being that Maxine knew all this stuff she might start questioning him even more, or maybe she would question Tyson. This was not good, but what else could he have done? Silence followed Jiro as he opened the door and lightly stepped out. But it was soon shattered by Tyson breaking into a random laughter for no reason as he stepped out. Jiro stared at him oddly. Such an odd fellow Tyson was. He was curious about what Maxine would do though.

((Ok heres how I am going to organize my posts. On their own Jiro will be dark green Tyson will be dark blue, together they will be darkred but I will color coat their speech. Makes it less confusing that way.))
User Image

Sera had leaned her head against a tree, not worrying at all about the soaked ground beneath her. Yes, she was going to be muddy in her white dress. Oh well. She really didn’t care at the moment. All she really cared about was the fact that her foster dad wanted to get rid of her. Holly tried to argue with him, but She knew Jeff well enough to understand that once he made a choice, there was nothing you could do to change his mind. It was just a matter of time before Holly gave in. Alex would be heartbroken if she ever left. He seemed to really like Sera. Ever since she came around, he was more open, and even started hanging out with more people. He hadn’t really had friends when she came, and now he was more happy. It took a lot to make certain people happy, and Sera was one of those people. Even though she could be crazy and outgoing, she was a sufferer. She tended to see the bad before the good. A pessimist. She couldn’t help it. Being raised in several foster homes all her life tended to make her see things that way.

Sera sighed and pulled her phone from a purse that she had carried with her. She flipped it open, and it read: One new message. Underneath it said Max. She must have missed it last night. She read the message and smiled from the generosity of her dear friend. She couldn’t ask for a better person to have as a friend. She laughed at the part of seeing Max in her pissy morning moods. She started texting back. ‘I don’t know, Max. I mean I would love to, but you have to go through so much paper work for something like that. I would have to be put back into the system, your parents would have to get a fostering license and so on. I would love to though...Then you could see me in my happy moods. And, about your day, you know you can’t keep anything from me. I’ll see you later. Love ya.’ She sent her message and stood up. She glanced back to see how bad her dress was, and was surprised to see that it wasn’t all that bad. Just a small stain right by her butt. She chuckled and swiped at it a little bit, only succeeding in smearing it.

She had started walking back to the house, and minding her own business, until she made it home. She heard yelling in the house. Alex and Jeff. This wasn’t good. Alex never yelled at Jeff...Ever. Sera listened closer to what was going on. They were yelling about her. Alex was trying to get Jeff to let her stay, but he wasn’t budging a bit. It hurt her to hear Holly sobbing in the background. Then the last words Jeff said made Sera’s blood boil with rage. “Well, if you want to back her up, you can go on your way as well.” The words were coated with a raging venom that she had never heard from Jeff before. Alex didn’t seem affected. “Fine with me. I’d rather be with her anyways. You’re a sick excuse for a father figure. You made a decision, so you should stick to it.” Sera heard stomping up the stairs, which she knew was Alex, so she made her way to the back of the house to the tree that went to Alex’s window. She made it up, and knocked lightly on it. He jumped and ran over when he saw her. She went in and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. “Thank you. You make an amazing brother. I heard it all.” She explained.

When things finally cooled down, Sera went to her own room to change clothes so she could go back outside. She wouldn’t be able to listen to Jeff. Since she was getting kicked back out, why not make it worth it.
((I Q u a K e you goona post? I can't continue till you do))
User ImageUser Image

Maxine had wondered what the actual point of her hiding was, after all, had Tyson not been in control what would her hiding have done? Given her two or three nanoseconds of safety? Though she watched as they talked, the air was thick with tension, why did he care even if she was killed, she was simply a human after all, she was their food, Yes Jiro for some reason controlled himself but maybe that was just because he felt sorry for the girl, would it not have been much easier to just let her die and for get she ever happened? Whatever the reason was Maxine couldn't be sure, but slowly she pulled herself out of her hiding spot. After unfolding for a small moment max looked at the both of them, her head cocked as if to say something, that she then thought better of, it wasn't super dark out, though not super light either. The day was a dark haze gray when she finally titled her head to look out the window, and a slow sigh came from her voice. "Tyson I take it?" She asked almost sheepish as she looked at the blond boy, he was attractive, much younger in mannerism then Jiro though they looked almost the same age, in fact Jiro looked younger at least to Maxine.

Slowly she took a step to them, though tripped over nothing and fell on the floor a small strain of cuss words coming from her impact, her body was shaking she figured that's what had caused her legs to give way. Even now however she silently prayed thanks that Jiro hadn't had time to react, she hadn't wanted to hurt his self image in front of Tyson, not for a small fall that happened almost twelve times a day for Maxine. Slowly she pulled herself up a small chuckle coming from her throat as she grabbed her hands to keep the shaking from showing, not that she minded but if she was going to be killed, how dumb to be shaking while dying. That to her was almost like killing a wounded animal and calming it as a single shot. Finally she'd reached them though she'd said nothing else and just kept her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

User ImageUser Image

Jiro jumped as Maxine hit the floor. He had been turned around and although he had heard her come out he did not expect her to fall. As she stummbled her way over to them he sighed slightly. Why did he care so much, really. He turned to Tyson who simply nodded as the new face said his name and nodded. Jiro of course was still tense, how could this guy act like this. It just didn't seem right. "Indeed I am, and who may I ask are you?" Tyson questioned as he weaved his large hand through his blond hair. The day was earlier yet it was filled with a deep depression, ot by the actions but of the sky. It was a deep grey and a very damp feeling came with it, just as the ground would sweep under with the weight of any person, except the two vampires. They left no foot print unless they wanted too. They were large in size however the balance and grace of being a vampire made them almost weightless, but only when they wanted too. As Maxine made her way over Jiro hmmed to himself and decided the mall would be a semi good place to take Tyson too, for a few reasons. One a test, he wanted to see how strong his control was and the fact the Tyson wanted something fun. Cocking his head playfully to the side the blond haired vampire, Tyson watched as Jiro thought. As a very faint noise to soft for human ears came the two vampires began to move away fro mthe cottage. Jiro galncing back slightly to signal for Maxine to follow.

Jiro moved with caution while Tyson moved without a care. The two very diffrent in the ways the act. Although Jiro was older his mind was that of a very catious cat. Always making sure nothing lurked behind a corner before moving. Speech was not something that happened between the two as the walked. Letting an odd sense of silence slowly fall upon the three. Obveiously waiting for the other to speak. Rather childish for someone their ages. Jiro made sure to keep his pace slow enough so that Maxine could keep up which forced the anxious Tyson to do the same. Glancing back at Maxine Tyson nearly jumped and raced over to her. The silver that wrapped around her neck meant something to him, something he remembered being told by James. "Where did you get that. Do you know what this means?" Tyson grinned, a very excited grin as if he knew something good was coming. Or rather just a childish look of 'I know something you don't know' kind of look. Jiro stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Tyson eyeing him curiously. Obviously this man knew something he did not about the neckless that seemed oh so familiar to him. Maybe he could figure out why if he would spit it out. But from the personality of the guy he would probably wait a little while or just blurt it out right away. Either way worked for the patient Jiro.

((Edited))
User ImageUser Image

"Maxine." She said softly her eyes watching them both, she was a gentle girl, and scared now that her company included a wild card, something about Jiro made her know that he couldn't hurt him, though Tyson it was too soon to tell. Slowly she exhaled after they turned to leave and quickly fell in step behind them, hurrying a little to keep up, though it didn't matter Maxine was a runner. Maxine looked up into the sky it was hazy, she loved this weather though. A sharp inhale came to her when she almost tripped on a stick however didn't. After a few minutes of walking she finally decided she didn't have to watch her feet anymore and looked around it'd been the first time in a long time that she'd been to the cabin during the day, the lush green was almost to breath taking to think about.

Max remembered one day when her and Sena came back here, it was a cold night and Sena had just switched into a new home, she hated it, and they had left to get away. That night Maxine promised Sena that everything would be okay one day, slowly she snapped back into real life looking at the sky again. It was always darkish in this town, sunny wasn't the first word to describe it. After a few minutes she went back to the ground not really sure what to look it was overly quiet.

Maxine had been startled when Tyson came charging at her and almost fell back but caught herself, quickly she looked up at him eyes wide slightly scared. "I... um... no... I've... had it sin..since birth." She replied slowly not wanting to seem timid though she really had no choice, strangers weren't a good thing for her, they seemed to only make her nervous which she hated, max much rather be overly loud than quiet. So much was happening so fast she didn't know what to do though she didn't mind much besides a unknown vampire flying at her much faster than she could ever get away. "May... May i ask what it is then, from you since you seem to know... or more to you it holds value.... I've just always ha-had it." Was the sentence that finally came out, as if she didn't care about the necklace, what a stupid girl she must have sounded like, the necklace had been her best possession for so long, the most complementing and strongest thing she'd ever worn. Not only that but the thin piece of metal seemed to be an extension to her body if nothing else. Just as an extra limb would be.

((Edit...))

(((Sorry i've been gone for so long, Tis been a hellish month huge project, then huge party and lots of work in between. I've just really been busy tis all.)))
User ImageUser Image

Tyson grinned, happlily noteing that the girl knew nothing about the neckless. A simple piece of metal that would change her life. Giving a wildly large grin the blond vampire stared at the girl, Maxine. "Well Maxine, that piece of metal may have more value then you could ever imgine. If I am correct a vampire is bound to you, that little piece of metal contains a soul of one. That vampire is boudn to you and will protect you and try to make sure your life is as nice and easy as possible, they can't fight it. Their body will act on it's own accord, some may want to do it because they slowly become attached to the person, some do it because they have too." Tyson grinned, not noticing the completly dumbfounded Jiro. In Jiro's midn this explained everything. Coughing trying to get the thoughts out of his head he weakly called out to the two askign them to hurry up. Tyson stuck his tounge out towards Jiro but soon did a normal walking sped that was like almsot a full out run to catch up to Jiro. Thier pace shortly slowed after that as they walked past all the wild life that surronded the area. The cabin no longer in sight as they grew closer, and closer to the streets of the small town.

((Thats alright and sorry its short, my brains dead))
User ImageUser Image

This explained so much to Maxine, her mind was clicking as she stopped dead in her tracks. Why Jiro had been so kind or at least tolerant of her. Her heart stopped in his chest, he had to do it. Max had kissed him because of his kindness or the moment or whatever it had been, but it was simply because he had to. He had to protect her. No questions were left in her small body, she didn't even think about asking anything. All she wanted was the necklace off, she didn't want to have someone bound to her forever. IT wasn't fair to them.

Max's chest hurt, and she was about to cry quickly she fought the feeling. unable to breath, her eyes closed and she stopped not caring that the boys had gone past her by far. What a stupid human she really was perhaps she'd be better as food, she'd fallen slightly for someone who could never like her, would never like her. Jiro was to shut up in his own head to ever grow feelings for someone else. Nothing was right anymore, she needed Sena, she needed home, reality was finally closing in on her. No words were said she just turned and went the other way, walking back in the direction of the cabin to get her hoodie, then she'd go home, back to reality and out of the Vampire twilight zone.

User ImageUser Image

Jiro's mind was nothing more then confused. He blinked and stopped for half a them. He blinked and turned to Tyson. This time he was doing it on his own. He wasn't sure what to do but he would go after her. Somehow he got the feeling he was at fault. "Err, Tyson jsut keep heading this way take a left go down the alley and then take another left and you will be at the mall. Don't worry I will catch up." Jiro said observing Tyson's reaction which was nothing more then a nod. Tyson quickly followed directions whistling softly as he shortly after went into the mall. People were everywhere as to be expected and he grinned, trotting off to the center the blond haired vampire leaned against the fountain. He would wait here for Jiro and maybe Maxine to get their butts over here. His large hand gentley skimming across the water's surface. He yawned slightly bored as he waited. His eyes wandered until it fell upon his refelction and once again all he did was laugh. To think he looked exactly as he did 25 years ago. A very blond set of hair, pale blue eyes and a very odd personality. His whistling continued as he scanned the crowd. A lot of people pushed and shoved past each other, seperating others. He watched boredly, he wished they would hrry up. He wanted to ask Jiro more questions. Like why he had a human with him although he didn't really care he just wanted to. But that was Tyson for you, he liked to talk for hours and liekd to ask 50 questions to any one he meets, and he hadn't even started asking Maxine anything yet.

Jiro followed his nose and his ears. Easily gaining onto a small thing moving through the woods. It was heading towards the cabin, it had to be Maxine. He sighed and jogged a bit and blinked as he noticed Maxine's blue hair. As he thought here she was heading towards the cabin. "Maxine is there something wrong?" he questioned, his voice still as gently as ever. He was gald about one thing, that his body may act on his own, but that didn't mean he had t otalk. He was the one that chose to talk and chose what to say. It was still his body to control. Jiro felt bad, he knew this was his fault for some odd reason but what could he do. He was just a vampire, he was never good at sociallizing or problem solving, he had always liekd to keep to himself. He never had friends because he would fear for them to be hurt as well, but because of that he never learned how to deal with problems. Now here he was wishing he did know. His body told him to help her and so his body moved on it's own but he also wanted to help her. It was jsut the odd way he was. Over the years he had been a vampire when someone excepted who he was and slowly gaiend his trust he would do what he could for them, but he would stay in the shadows, only showing himself in their presence. Once again it was jsut hte way he was, he never wanted to be noted down as a man who accomplished great things, beacause he never did, eve if he saved everyone from a burning building, he didn't do it. His body was tougher and he could stand things with ease and plus at that time he wouldn't have been alive. He would have been long dead so why would/should he be noted as a saviour. Still he would go save the kids but he would quickly enter the shadows shortly after.
User ImageUser Image

Maxine didn't talk for a long while, she just moved around the cabin and gathered her things. Although she could feel him coming before she could hear him, Max didn't want to talk to Jiro. Her stupid human reactions couldn't be triggered if he weren't around to trigger them. It was true, no one in this world was true anymore, everyone was forced into something they didn't like, and rather than speak up, they chose to ignore it. Slowly Maxine took a Shallow breath, sucking in the cool air, her blue hair catching what little sunlight filtered through the small window, Maxine's hair was weird because it was blond dyed blue when the sun it her small strands they illuminated perfussley. Normally it was what made her more attractive, however now she felt similar to the ugly duckling.

After Maxine had gathered all her things she heard her cellphone beep in her pocket. She'd left it at the cabin since they had left in such a rush. Quickly she pulled out the slider phone and saw the message from Sera. Her fingers flying over the keypad in response. "You know you really are too shy, my parents are lawyers, it'll be easy for them to get their licensee and besides that they could always just adopt you once they got it. Is Alex going to be okay with you leaving though? I guess... If he doesn't like that house he could probably come too... I mean... we have room lol." the message was a little to long to send in one text it was actually about two but Maxine didn't care. The thought of having a family she cold actually hang out with was amazing. Something Maxine had always wanted in fact. She knew her parents could get through the testing with ease, so she sent them off a quick text too. ' you guys need to get your fostering licensee, We're taken Sera in, possibly Alex too."

Maxine's parents were weird, they didn't really do anything with her, so when they could do something for her they normally did. Everything was wrong about ninety nine percent of the time in that house hold and when they got the texts they started to look into it. Soon everything would be better Max supposed. However now she had to deal with Jiro, the one person that she really would rather not. Max knew that if she didnt he would follow her home, but why, why couldn't he just let it go move on from the human he really didn't want to spend time with, was it so hard, of course it was, there was a curse on him. Finally Maxine swollowed hard and turned to him, her body shaking though she ignored it.

"You, Tyson, you aren't supposed to be real, i mean you could be my grandfather if you didn't stop growing!" This was how she was going to start off? Weird choice of words no doubt the work of her rationalizing. Max paused for a minute and quickly re-thought her speech plan. " You don't want to do this Jiro, and I'm not going to make you, i don't want to make you. I don't want to spend time with someone who rather me be dead so he can have his freedom. Just.... Stay away from me, maybe this thing has a distance effect that as long as we stay far enough apart it won't connect me to you. If I knew how to break it, i would however i don't.... So I guess... I'll just pretend its not really there."

Maxine didn't want to do this, in truth she liked Jiro, which is why she was doing it. He was very shut up in his own mind and rather un trusting but that was one of the things she liked about him. Well sort of, not so much the untrusting but the diffrent and reserved part. They were opposites that was for sure, no matter how you threw the dice Max and him would never be a like though she didn't mind, however he did. "I don;t want to trap you for sixty years until i die." she said simply before turning her back on him and walking out the door. Her eyes were closed though she fought back the tears of rejection, maybe not rejection by will, but by mind it was.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff