Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite Character Poll Round 10!

Lucien Balthazar Mchale - Vicious hunter of humans and dragons. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Vasul Calim Shahrad - Crown Prince of Shahrazad and righteous eagle among a flock of vultures. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
Lorelei 'Ellie' Katerini - Knight Errant and Defender of Justice who will kick your butt! 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Inyri Ven - Sharp-minded beauty and budding lady of wares. 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Eriol Epheis - Mysterious man with an eye for the prize. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
This poll closed on November 27, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 169 170 171 > >> »|

Lunatic

≼≽≼Yggdrasil "Draaz" Søren Freud≽≼≽
(Igg-Druh-S-ill "Droz" Sh-roun Frew-oid)

User Image
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Extrovert CrypticDangerous
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Shady Priest
╚══════════════════════════╝

≼≽≼Far too risky To feed you with bare arms.≽≼≽
≼≽≼Wait your turn, you're greedy I hear you.≽≼≽

═════════════════ ═══════════════

User Image

Draaz didn't even have time to reply to Nesa's objections to him. In fact, before he knew it, he and the rest were being ushered past the barrier by the likes of Caden, their leader? Whatever the matter, they were ushered through the walls and straight into a common living room, decorated like a small house. Draaz couldn't help but feel that this wasn't right. It had looked so much larger on the outside. He knew, right away, that the barrier outside couldn't be protecting this meager little home. There was no way. Perhaps there were invisible stairs, or a switch they couldn't touch, as they were ghosts. His eyes glided around room after room searching for....god knows what. He couldn't touch anything, in the physical world. His hands just glided through all the objects. That very familiar euphoria rushed over him again, only he ignored it as he was busy trying to solve the magical mystery of this befuddling place. For a moment he thought to go around the building, and see if there were another door in the back, hidden from visitors as it faced the forest, not the town. The forest, he gathered quite quickly from their stay in Lenti, that everyone feared.

He eventually made his way back into the foyer and out the front door (to go around the building and check the back) just in time to be barked orders at like a dog. "You! Go after her and bring her back. Hurry!" wasn't necessarily the kindest way to address a person. Maybe it was in his tone, or maybe it was just because Caden had interrupted his thoughts that ticked the priest off. Either way, his expression quickly melted from curious to slightly furious. His eyes narrowed, slightly, becoming angry slits on his face. It's not the face he would have CHOSEN for himself, it's just the face that happened. He opened his mouth to voice that he'd been interrupted in his search, but sighed instead, managing to soften his annoyed expression only by a little bit.

"Sure" He managed to say, through slightly gritted teeth, "Though I think it might be wise of you to check the back of the building..."

He walked off after Nesa, in no hurry, it seemed, to find her at all. If it weren't for the pure curiosity towards the feeling, he wouldn't have gone at all. He was quite reluctant to abandon his search, but he did it, anyway following Nesa's fleeting form away from the Mage's building and towards the lake. His feet eventually picked up into a sprint as he chased down Nesa. He finally caught up with her around the entrance to the forest surrounded lake, where they spent most of their days.

"Little Girl....come back..." He shouted listlessly, running over to beside her...hardly winded thanks to his ghostly shape. "The Leader fellow wants us all to stick together..." the last part came out almost sarcastically.

≼≽≼How can I protect myself from you?≽≼≽

≼≽≼Trust is for fools!≽≼≽

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxx██ ▌ g e n t l e h e a l e r xxxxxxxxxx

As the line moved forward shuffling her along with them, Halima had enough time to look out among the crowd,trying to find Jon amongst the people still pouring into in the town center.There were too many moving about to try to pinpoint the bards location, though she thought she had spotted him once or twice. She had also not seen Aria’s group since she had fled from them in her embarrassment over Jon's seeming crass disregard to her. She thought about Arin who was among them. If the Mage could give her what she needed she might not have need for him, not that she did in the first place, but it was difficult to be a slave traveling alone. The line moved again and she realized as the woman cradling a set of netting needles moved from in front of her, that she was now face to face with the Mage again.

Halima couldn't help but be a little flustered.She wasn't often starstruck by anyone, but their was something about this man, with the crowds of townsfolk praising him and the knowledge she held of his good deeds to her and her companions. The man was a model of perfect manners, and it was that perfection that put the slave on edge. No one was that nice, that well behaved, and if they were they had something to hide. It was the first thing Atticus had thought her about people.

Halima only had seconds to stammer over her words, the little warning going off in the back of her mind ignored as she stepped forward bowing a little to Agamemno as she did to everyone.
                                                Greetings again...” she paused staring at the fabric of her robe as she thought of a way to voice her question. How do you ask someone how to achieve the impossible? clearing her throat she looked up again at this Mage's exhausted features, his kind smile and wasn't all that sure if his smile was true.

I seek guidance on a matter of great importance to me” She grew more confident as her words left her mouth.She had nothing to fear from him she told herself, he would do his best to answer her question and help her as he did the townsfolk.

Someone very dear to me is ill and I came seeking the aid from a man who has found a way to his eternalize his life, sadly the man has left our company and thus leaving me with no way to find his secret.” Halima began to fidget with her hands, a habit out of nervousness. She paused once again looking for Jon, She felt a little overcome, dozens of eyes on her back, staring at her. she imagined their thoughts and mutters of how silly she ways, how idiotic her request was, why seek such a thing when they had broken plows and lost cats to be found?

Something, anything leading me to this secret is all I ask” She huffed out finally. Arin would not have made such a mess of such a simple task,Jon would have been able to be so charming with his words.

___________________________________________________________

The problems presented to him varied. Some simply needed counselling. Something like spiritual help. For these people, the Mage muttered a handful of words, placebo text that steeled their will. Others needed something repaired, and with a wave of his hand, the clock rolled back, and what was broken was once again new.

Occassionally he would look over the horizon to take in the neverending queue. For each individual that he removed from its length, another would take its place. Some would exit the line and then rejoin it at its tail. It was always like this nowdays, but it hadn't always been this way. When he first came, no one gave him any attention until he left for a month and the forest creatures started attacking.

And then he was there again, and the vagabond turned saviour rose to famedom. But he was growing weary of the monotony in this village. They had promised him something good in exchange for his control over the village. But they were shady folk and their offer was elusive at best. He was hesitant, but now he was growing more and more at ease with doing their bidding. But was it finally time to risk everything for the miniscule chance of getting so much more?

"Hello," he caught himself replying to the Blue Caravan woman from earlier. "Where is your friend?"

And thus, he listened patiently, his role dictating his actions. Someone who had found a way to eternalize his life. Interesting. But she had no leads to work with. He might have went along for the ride, had she some leads and he not a village to control. Hadn't the minstrel said that their caravan had a seer? Why did this woman not simply go to her for assistance?

His gaze unfocused as he mulled over an answer, tasting it in his tongue. Finally, he spoke with fingers wrapped about his chin and a voice that only she could hear. "Seeing as it is knowledge that you seek, I would suggest making a visit to the Great Library in Pilantos." Not that he was expecting the woman to ever reach it, let alone see another day to wish upon it. "Its existence is a secret. Not many know of it."

Eloquent Streaker

6,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Willa Odette Wilafax

"I am not fat!"
" Oh that?.......is just....a...watermelon I stole..."

Willa blinked at the man with the dark hair as he spoke to her. Her eyes grew big and her heart pounded. There was something about the man that made him seem so important. More important than most people. There was just something about him that seemed different. She had never really met a noble before but she figured if they looked like anything, this had to be it. It was so different, yet strangely familiar, in the back of her mind. Then he asked her about herself and she froze up. Willa coughed a little and thought of how she could make herself more interesting. There was nothing. She thought about if it was even a good idea to leave so much information with a stranger. Once again the word filled her mind. Trust. She looked around for a moment. She didn’t really have much choice. She did need a safe way to travel...She bit her lower lip.

“ Um...My name is Willa. “ She winced. “ Um....I...come from a farm...” She looked around trying to think. Willa was nervous. Why on earth was she so nervous? Her mouth went dry. “ I left because I was in danger and it is safer for me t...to ...um” She took a deep breath. Think. Think. Why would this man ever want you on his caravan? She thought for a moment and for a moment thought that she was going to cry once more. Then it hit her. “ Water!” She blurted. “ I mean...I can...” Willa lowered her voice and looked around before continuing. “ I..got..I got water magic...” She whispered to him. She cleared her throat. She had never told anyone that. The farmers had told her that they would kill her if she did, but she had run away. This wasn’t much of a time to be too overly concerned about the farmers and all their crazy rules.

She looked at him. Her cheeks were pink. She had always viewed her ability as a defect, a flaw. Willa took a heavy breath. She looked down at the ground as she followed him and waited for his verdict. She tried not to get her hopes up. She coughed into her hands, and resisted the urge to rest them on her growing belly to calm her nerves. Willa wondered if there would ever be a time where she could interact with real people without feeling so crazy. She still felt like she belonged on the farm. She liked to believe that it was just from all the years she had heard the farmers say it to her. That she was worthy of living like a real person, instead of a slave. She just hoped that she wasn’t wrong. Willa took her long brown hair and wrung it in her hands, biting her lower lip and looking at the man who would be her leader, if he would have her.

"You put that hand on my belly.....you are not getting it back."

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Ѵeȴɩus Kɩɾʈɑ
      ɳoble
      User Image
      His decision was being re-evaluated with each world that dripped out of her mouth. Each time, it boiled down to the same point: he was weighing the pros and cons of taking in a runner. Right when they were finally rid of Rasheik and the piles of gold he was worth to dangerous, steel-bladed opportunists. A thought interupted the deliberations and his hand brushed against the fabric of one of his pockets, where a folded poster of Resuia the runaway courtesan was stashed. In retrospect, there were likely a number of fugitives running amuck in the caravan, an entire handful. His family's reserves of jewels were nigh boundless, but he only carried so much on his person at any given moment. On the other hand, someone like Willa the stowaway here could be on the same caravan as him for a lifetime, or at least until her use had expired, and within arms reach if he was careful enough.

But then again, there was no guarantee that these farmers were risking life and limb to haul her back. She could just be another liability, especially with that extra weight she was toting around in her belly. Hm, decisions.

The word 'no' was on the tip of his tongue when the word magic entered the conversation. "You're in," he answered her plainly as a smile that oozed crookedness crept onto his face. "Welcome aboard."

Had these farmers known about her water powers? Did they try to make her keep it as hard-kept a secret as was his own shape-shifting capablities? More importantly, what other piece had just entered his game board? Nesa was wind, Kemun was fire. And now water. Elemental powers were always such marvellous and peculiar magical talents. He wondered if Jon had one too. Ah yes, Jon. He was still here.

The buzz of excitement did not leave his head even as he centered his attention on Jon's words and the task of finding Aria. "Hm." Who was this Halima individual again? Apparently, much had transpired since he was last present at the caravan. Much more than what Aria was so desperate to let him know about, it would seem. Finally, a challenge. He wasn't nearly as worried about Aria as the minstrel was, but he wasn't fond of letting Medayo's new case study out of his grasp just yet. He searched through the sea of heads, but black hair was such a common hair colour of the masses. Plus, Aria was so incredibly short.

At last, he sighted the Northenwoodian princess he had mentioned to Oliver earlier. Piercing his vision like a moonbeam in the dead of night in the lone woods. And next to her was, lo and behold, Aria. He knew they would be together. They were when he'd abandon them for the fabrics tent, and the pale merchant was the responsible sort. She wasn't about to let the blind be stepped all over on. More literally than figuratively speaking, admittedly.

With a finger, he beckoned his two companions to follow him and halted them when they were just two arms length away. His purchases, the fur-trim coat and red satin shirt, were dropped in Jon's hands before Velius slipped away, but always remaining in sight. The finger touched his lips as he signalled for the pale merchant to remain silent for his surprise attack.

An arm slithered around Aria's shoulders and he leaned in close to her ear. "Your prince was looking for you. He was very anxious to find you," his voice was flirty, honey dripping from every word, egging on the bloodrush he knew would make it to her head, whether out of embarassment or anger. "I'm referring to your lute playing prince, might I add."

Dapper Raider

Oliver Mendel
You can find me here: Lenti, on the way to an appointment
Talking with: No one but myself

User Image
                                          Oliver watched as the man went and disappeared into the crowd, and then turned his attention back to the sapphire. He didn't know that much about the quality of gems, but he could see that this one was worth far more than he had paid for the shirt (which was fifty silver pieces, no small sum). He'd have to find a special place for this in his cart, keeping it on his person wouldn't do. Thieves, the bag it would be carried in ripped off his person without him knowing it, getting misplaced....there were far too many bad things that could happen. He hoped up into his cart, made his way to his money chest, and contemplated where it was going to go. he thought for a moment, moved some coins in the copper section, and pressed a small button. A drawer popped open on the outside of the chest, just big enough for this sapphire to go into. He hadn't put anything in this drawer in a long time, and remembered for a moment what was last in there.

Shaking the sad memory away, Oliver put the sapphire in its new home and closed both the drawer and the chest, making sure to grab some currency for his trip to the merchants he was supposed to meet. He put the small bag in his coat pocket, and then looked down at his wares that he had out. Thankfully there wasn't much, and could easily be placed back in a short amount of time. He quickly started on the task, and within a quarter hour, he was done, everything packed up and a tarp covering the contents. Content with the job, he made his way through the crowded marketplace, passing close to the line for the mage. The thought crossed his mind to join that line, but what would he ask of the man? When his next big deal was? When would he open up a shop of his home? Or better still, would he ever find someone special again? He laughed at himself, 'Such silly questions.' Why should a man know about his future? That took the excitement out of life, after all.

He started walking again, a little faster this time. He wasn't sure if he was going to be late or going to be early for his appointment. He was looking forward to meeting this man, a salt trader. Salt was always a good product, regardless of the season. Add in the fact that some cities and towns didn't have good access to the materials to salt their own food, bringing in salt brought in a higher return than a town where salt was sold, usually. He realized quickly that he had a problem, and that problem was that he was lost. The market square seemed to have gotten even more crowded. Wether that could be attributed to the mage, or it just seemed more crowded than it was, the point remained that Oliver didn't know where he was going. To remedy this, he picked a direction, and started walking that way, hoping that the laws of chance were on his side.

Tipsy Poster

User Image
                                  Never meant to lie
                                  But I'm not the girl you think you know...

Ari let the woman lead her through the crowd as she half listened to what this Agamemno, this mage, was saying. Most of her concentration was focused on not running into people though. She wished she still had the gloves that Beck had given her and decided that she would purchase some along with the walking stick. Actually, she wished that her visions would stop acting up altogether. Before Amir had kidnapped her, her visions had been much more manageable. She had been able to control when she got them instead of every damn time someone touched her.

Even with her best efforts, she would still catch a snippet of someone's life every now and then. With everyone so focused on Agamemno, most of the visions included him or what she was assuming was him. He wasn't bad looking for an older man but she didn't trust the whole savior bullshit. Real saviors didn't draw attention to themselves or hold public events like this. Real saviors didn't want people to know what they did for them, especially if they were mages. Magic takes a toll on the body and the soul. Shielding an entire town would be exhausting enough as it was but then wantonly using magic to repair minor things like broken cups and whatnot...something was off about this man.

When Kemun mentioned the pickpockets, she only nodded. This wasn't the first crowd she had dealt with and pickpockets liked to single out people like her. She could still feel the leather pouch nestled safely between her breasts. Anyone who tried going for that would set of more than one of her senses so she wasn't too concerned for it. What she was concerned about was the fact that their caravan had been attacked. It was probably her wagon that had been damaged. As if her stuff hadn't been destroyed enough, now life was going after what few possessions she had left. If anything had happened to her trunk..."Right now, Velius is the closest thing we have to a leader. It's unfortunate but we'll have to make do." She answered the woman rather than dwell on the thought. Then she sidestepped some random person. The sooner they were out of this crowd, the better.

Before she could mention that fact, however, Kemun abruptly turned them toward a thicker concentration of bodies. She barely heard the other woman's words as she was bombarded with vision after vision. By the time they finally stopped, her head was spinning and she felt nauseated. "Kemun." She gasped, her breathing heavy. "Please...don't do...that again." Shaky hands moved up to hold her head as if that would stop the spinning. "I don't...think...this is..such a good...idea." She took a few deep breaths to slow her breathing and lowered her arms. "I don't trust this guy."

No sooner had she caught her breath and returned herself to relative normalcy, an arm snaked around her shoulders and warm breath brushed across her neck as a voice whispered in her ear. A familiar voice. Her face reddened at his closeness, his tone, and the fact that she had just jumped a foot in the air and squeaked. Prince? Was he talking about Jon? Yes he was. What the hell? She spun out of his arms and went to punch him in the arm in annoyance then stopped, remembering his warning. Damnit. "Velius! You jerk!! I've been looking for you for hours! In the meantime I've been insulted, pushed around and left alone in the middle of town!" She wanted to hit him so bad but she was so tired and so upset, she just leaned into him and sighed. "They've been kidnapped, if you care." She growled angrily. "There's a man who lives in a cabin in the middle of the woods. I couldn't see his face but he has the bodies of the missing people. I think he's going to do terrible things to them, Velius, he's going to do experiments on them. The things he's already created...they're horrible." She stood up and away from him before she ran a hand over her face. "Whoever has them is a monster. I could feel his evil in the vision."

"What things? Like...bull monster things? That's what attacked the wagons and nearly killed Halima and I."Jon's voice came from somewhere behind Velius and her brows furrowed. "I...I don't know. It sounds about right though. He likes meshing together different kinds of animals. I don't know how...I don't know but he wants to do that to our friends." What did they want from her? Did they think her visions were that specific?"Ari, you've got to tell Agamemno. He's actually pretty nice. I mean, he saved us from the bull thing."Ari's frown deepened and she looked in Velius' general direction. "I don't think that's a good idea. Something's not right with that guy." She turned her attention back to Jon's general direction. "What did you tell him about me? You told him everything didn't you?" Gods, what had he done?

...The more that I am with you
                        The more that I am all alone.

Eloquent Streaker

6,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Willa Odette Wilafax

"I am not fat!"
" Oh that?.......is just....a...watermelon I stole..."

Willa waited for what seemed like forever for the dark haired man to speak. Her heart was pounding and she found that she suddenly had to pee. She bit her lower lip and fiddled with her hair. He was going to say no. She was stupid for even asking. Willa winced, hunching her sore shoulders, and prepared herself for a no. It would hurt, but she was used to that. Then he spoke.

"You're in."

Willa took a deep astonished breath and a grin found her face. "Oh..." she said taking a sharp breath. Excitement was ripping. Through her like flames around a log. She was so excited that she threw her arms around her new leader with a squeal. "Oh. Thank you." She bounced on her hills for a moment and then reason set in and she quickly released him as quickly as she could. She blushed and cleared her throat. "Sorry sir...I got a little worked up." She said looking down and playing with her hair in a haze of embarrassment. It faded after a moment and her bright smile returned. Traveling with others was going to be so much better. Maybe she wouldn't be so hungry all the time. Questions surrounding the caravan flooded her mind as she followed Velius . Where would she sleep? What would they feed her? Were there a lot of people on the caravan? Should she tell them that she was having a baby? Her mind lingered on the last question. This man had agreed to let her join them. Maybe a baby would change that, but lying could get her in trouble too... she was so wrapped up that she didn't realized the group had stopped and bumped into Jon slightly as Velius approached some women. "Who it that?" She asked Jon. "Is she apart of the caravan?" She watched as the young woman gave Velius a not so warm welcome and she waved awkwardly as the woman turned her attention to where she and Jon stood. Then it occurred to her that the woman was wearing a blindfold and probably couldn't see her. She felt silly.

Willa stayed quiet and listened to the following discourse with a terribly confused ear. This caravan that she had joined seemed to be going through some things. A monster? A bull thing? Willa had never seen anything more complicated than a cow. Her eyes bugged and she tuned in struggling to put it into context. What guy? Willa didn't think it was her place or the right time to ask. The blindfolded woman turned on Jon and Willa inched toward Velius. "Is there something I can do?" Willa asked quietly.

"You put that hand on my belly.....you are not getting it back."

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

xxxxxxxxxx
                                                            i've made your happiness my goal
                                                            so if ___I want survival
                                                            I'll KNEEL! on - your - arrival
                                                            for this is how you rule my WORLD ⇩⇩

She watched him think over her question; her silly, impossible question. There was a time when she wouldn't have given two thoughts to the possibility of eternal life. Magic was just not a thing that was often discussed in Shahrazad , especially in the presence of others who regarded it with the suspicion of the superstitious. Halima couldn't help but feel a little anxious.The mage may not know anything of what she sought and she would leave with the same amount of knowledge she had approached him with, next to nothing.

"Seeing as it is knowledge that you seek, I would suggest making a visit to the Great Library in Pilantos."

Halima’s face remained almost impassive but she couldn't keep the slight concern from knotting her eyebrows. She knew very little of Pilantos. Halima figured there was no one who knew much about the place. Those who had sought the place out had ventured no further than a day or so into its land and recorded all sorts of things. As a girl she had thought it sounded beautiful, but now it was merely one of the many places that held unknown mysteries. One such mystery was apparently this library that Agamemno spoke of.

How would anyone survive such a place long enough to build a place of learning? The thought gripped her and the curiosity that had been nurtured inside of her by her scholarly master itched at her. The Mage had opened up so many more questions by giving her this singular lead.

Thank you,I’ll heed you advice” she gave him another bow and left the line, letting someone take her place before the man.

Pilantos?

How would she get there? how could she traverse the great expanse from where she was to the north? And she owned no map to dictate which roads or paths to take.She bit her bottom lip, looking up to search for Jon. Would she tell Arin? maybe, but what could they do on their own?Halima’s only option it seemed was to attempt to convince the caravan to travel that way? Drag them into peril for her own gain. Would they even listen to her, they had no leader to lead them and could be fragmented about such a thing. All the slave knew was that she could not do it alone.

She’d wandered a few feet about the group, finally spotting who she was positive was Aria and the woman Kemun from the the market earlier. A wave of jealousy surged through her, sudden and abrupt that she almost didn't know what it was. Watching the both of them from this angle as the approach a slowly forming group she knew why Jon was so enamored by the women. Kemun was a given, she was all pale grace and poise.But the seeress was something different. Maybe Jon didn't realize it but no matter how much he said he loved her, he would never love her like he loved Aria.

She approached only close enough to watch them and not reveal her presence. There was Kemun, Aria, and Jon, and two others, one she recalled from the caravan and a woman swollen with child that she knew not at all. She could barely hear them over the steady mumbling of dozens of people talking, catching snippets of the conversation, but she watched them like an outsider and a shadow passed over her face with her souring mood. These people were not her family, the only person who mattered lay dying thousands of miles away. She would either get them to go to Pilantos or die trying.

She stepped up to them just as Aria stopped speaking about what Jon had told the mage who was now tending to the troubles of the townsfolk. She had had the same thought as Halima had upon hearing what Jon had done.It was a foolish thing to do, but Agamemno seemed trust worthy enough, he’d even offered to look into their missing companions.

We’ve already told him of ou-your companions disappearance , he instructed us to visit him at his home afterwards, It sits just inside the only safe corner of the forest.” She said clearly while staring at the ground,but as she recalled their encounter of the mage, there were moments where she was sure that...She shook it off as the aforementioned Shahrazadian superstition, everything was always hocuspocus and curses with the lot.

Interesting Prophet

~~~~Nesa Comec~~~~User Image

Nesa made it to the lake quickly. She had heard Caden yelling at someone to follow her, but she wasn't sure who it was. Then she got to the lake and the man yelled at her calling her a little girl. She had paused at the edge of the forest. She looked back at the man as he caught up to her.

“My name is Nesa, not little girl.” She said not irritated, but very matter of fact. “I think we can stand to be apart for a little while.” Nesa said looking at the lake. She had expected someone to be at the lake, standing at the waters edge waiting for the ghostly group to arrive. It was as empty as ever though. She had wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing. Then again she still wasn't sure if what had brought them to the lake was good or bad.

Nesa walked slowly to the lake, glancing around as she did. She wasn't sure what she was looking for, but there had to be something, right. Why would anything go to the trouble of calling them if nothing came of it? She walked to the water stopping a few feet from the edge. She turned taking in everything before bringing her attention to the man who followed her. “I guess we have to wait.” She said looking around once more, then looking back at the man. “You know I don't know your name.”

Dapper Raider

Oliver Mendel
You can find me here: Lenti, back at my cart
Talking with: No one but myself

User Image
                                          "I don't believe that was the price we agreed upon earlier," Oliver said, stroking his chin in thought.

"Yes, yes it is. Four silver per barrel of salt. Is good price, I assure you," the salt merchant said.

Oliver wanted to sigh in frustration. He had eventually made his way to the right merchant, walking around half the marketplace as a result. He was frustrated at himself, and his frustration was growing because of this merchant. When they had spoke earlier in the day, Oliver thought that the man would sell his salt without too much hassle, having provided an estimate on each barrel of salt. Now that he had some time to talk and actually observe the man, Oliver could tell that the merchant wasn't very good at anything. Bargaining, organization, communication. It boggled his mind that this man was even here! Somehow he had managed to become the only salt merchant in the city. This man must have connections, or come from a wealthy family that doesn't really want him around...but dwelling on this any longer is not going to get me the salt I need..

"All right. Here is my final offer. I will take four barrels of salt for two silver each. Hold on, my friend, I am not finished," Oliver said, seeing that the man was about to protest. "In return for such a generous offer on your part, in exchange I will, upon delivery of my salt, give you on of my exquisite fox furs from the northern Phronwood. I assure you, the fur will fetch you a high price, ensuring that you can buy twice as much salt as you are selling me, with some change to spare." He watched the man contemplate his offer. Any other merchant would recognize this as a mediocre deal. While Oliver was getting what he wanted for a lower price, he was offering the merchant something that he was unfamiliar in trading with. If the fur merchant saw that this man didn't know how to deal in furs, the fur merchant might offer him a price that was far below the actual value of the piece. Oliver didn't really like making these types of deals, but his growing frustration at the man, and add the fact that he didn't know when the mage's /show was supposed to end, led to Oliver offering such a deal.

"Ok. I accept deal. When you want salt delivered?" the merchant asked.

"Before sundown, and deliver it to the Blue Caravan at the base of the hill. They're not easy to miss, their carts are all blue. If I'm not there with the promised fur, then leave a note saying where I can find you and my salt, and I'll come find you." Oliver said, taking out the eight silver coins owed, putting them into the outstretched hand of the merchant.

"Much thanks. I will make sure salt is delivered before sundown." he said.

"Pleasure doing business with you sir," Oliver said, tapping his forehead with his fist, turning and walking back into the crowd, thankful that his business with the merchant was done. The only thing to do now was to return to his cart and wait for the mage's show to end. He contemplated getting into the line for the mage for a moment, but the same arguments from before were presented. I think I'll grab some food and eat before meeting up with that man. That way I won't be so grouchy when I meet up with him again.

When he eventually returned to his cart, he did just that, and sat at the front of his cart, watching the crowed go by.
                                    ___________________________________________________________

There the two were. Lake Bethryl, blue and serene, the opposite shore nowhere in sight. The lush backdrop of the forest that ended sometimes right at the edge of the water, sometimes several yards from it. The far distance, the snow-capped granite mountains that carved out the horizon with their forms. Here, birds sang their songs with no fear of danger. It was a picture perfect sight, and perhaps this was the very angle captured by the artist friend of Phedre's, whose painting was now a regrettable collection of dust and ashes.

Yet, there remained of whether the artist's memory of the lake would ever be quite the same as Draaz and Nesa's. It was not there when they first looked, and neither was it visible at the second glance. But it was present nonetheless, and when Nesa turned back a third time, both of the ghosts would see the ethereal bluish hue. The being was a beast for sure, standing on four legs and about the size of a baby deer and just as slender. Waves radiated from under it, as if it was standing on the water directly two feet below it.

It observed the two in silence for a moment before a voice of crystal rang in the ears of the ghosts. "Only two?" The Spirit narrowed its iris-less, turquoise gaze. "I recall saving six. There should be five."

Lunatic

≼≽≼Yggdrasil "Draaz" Søren Freud≽≼≽
(Igg-Druh-S-ill "Droz" Sh-roun Frew-oid)

User Image
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Extrovert CrypticDangerous
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Shady Priest
╚══════════════════════════╝

≼≽≼Far too risky To feed you with bare arms.≽≼≽
≼≽≼Wait your turn, you're greedy I hear you.≽≼≽

User Image

She introduced herself and Draaz rolled his eyes, looking away from her when he did. It's not that he didn't care, but he didn't really care. She did, however peek his interest when she mentioned Caden being able to stand the distance. He grinned a little bit, almost chuckled even as his eyes traipsed around at the Bethryl lake. It was just as he remembered it....

"My name Is Yggdrasil, Yggdrasil Søren Freud....Though, I don't expect you to utter that annoying name every time you address me. Draaz Is just fine, too." He paused and then muttered through gritted teeth, looking away, "My mother wasn't the most sane woman..."

He'd rather have left that last part out, he usually did. However, he was often reminded that in this state, he didn't always have the best control over what he said or did.

Suddenly, his eyes were zooming up to a spirit-like creature, that was floating over the water. He shot out an arm in front of Nesa as if to hold her back or like he was holding an invisible shield. He struck a defensive pose. Whatever it was could see them, it could talk to them.

"...Friend or Foe?" He asked, curiously, his voice not wavering even though a thousand of questions were zooming around in his head. Was this what called them? Was this guy gonna tell the truth to his question? What the hell was it? Could it hurt him? Was this a trap, as he had thought it might be? Could he hurt IT if he needed to? How did it get there? How could it summon them, if it was indeed the thing that summoned them? Did it have their bodies? What did it mean by SAVING them?

≼≽≼How can I protect myself from you?≽≼≽

≼≽≼Trust is for fools!≽≼≽

Tipsy Poster

User Image

Hey ladiesxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ho ladiesxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Come follow with mexxxxxxxxxx
User Image
                                                Jon raised his eyebrows when Willa threw her arms around Velius. Not because she had hugged him but because he had allowed it to happen. The lordling didn't really seem like the hugging type. In almost any other situation like this, he might have been jealous but...the girl was pregnant. Velius could have her. Besides, he had his sweet, loving, beautiful goddess Halima. No other girl could really compare to how caring and gentle she was. After he got Velius to Ari, he was going to go looking for her. He would go now but he was worried about whoever was still stuck with the seer. She was probably getting pretty cranky by now.

As Velius took off into the crowd, Jon followed. He was sure that the noble had spotted something before jumping into the mass of people. He seriously doubted the man would risk wrinkling his clothing or rubbing against that many peasant bodies unless there was a reason. Jon didn't even complain when he shoved some clothes into his arms. He simply followed after him like a simple little puppy following it's master.

If he was surprised that the man allowed the pregnant woman to hug him, he was even more surprised when he put his arms around Aria. That was just asking for trouble. Ari had some good reflexes and she probably wasn't pleased with Velius right now. He sensed an elbow to the gut in the nobles future.

Yet the elbow never came. She didn't even really yell at him and then she leaned against him. That was almost an embrace in Ari's book. When had this happened? He knew that there was some strange kind of tension between the two of them. It wasn't exactly hard to tell but this was something new entirely. He fidgeted a little as he watched the interaction, unsure of what it was he was feeling. He wasn't exactly jealous but he didn't like this new development either. Ari was family....or the closest thing he had to family anymore. He supposed it could be protectiveness that churned his stomach. He didn't know.

He shook his head to rid himself of these thoughts and frowned when he heard Ari mention "things". "What things? Like...bull monster things? That's what attacked the wagons and nearly killed Halima and I." The look annoyance on her face wasn't surprising. She was in a bad mood. Great. A pregnant woman and angry Ari. Fantastic. Where was Halima? He needed someone to hold him.
                                                "I...I don't know. It sounds about right though. He likes meshing together different kinds of animals. I don't know how...I don't know but he wants to do that to our friends."Jon couldn't remember any of the missing people as actually being his friend. In fact, he could really care less what happened to the priest guy. He would feel a little bad if something happened to Nesa though. She seemed nice and she was so adorable too. She was going to break hearts someday. He shook his head again. "Ari, you've got to tell Agamemno. He's actually pretty nice. I mean, he saved us from the bull thing." He frowned when Ari looked at Velius but shook it off. She would kick his a** if he went all big brother on her."I don't think that's a good idea. Something's not right with that guy."When she looked back at him, she didn't look happy."What did you tell him about me? You told him everything didn't you?"Oh s**t. He backed up a step even though he seriously doubted she would come after him. She was going to kill him, he didn't doubt that, but the question was how.

It was then that Halima came swooping out of the crowd like some heroine in one of his ballads and saved him from certain doom....or at least he hoped so. "My love!" He said, relief evident in his voice. He then turned and shoved the clothes and whatnot into Willa's arms and wrapped his arms around his goddess. "Every moment we were apart was like a lifetime. I have missed you sorely, my sweet lady. Your very presence warms me as the first ray of spring warms a man trapped in a seemingly endless winter. My blood, my soul! Hold me!"

"Now that the two of you have been reunited, that doesn't answer my question. What did you tell him about me, Jon?"Ari's words pierced the happiness in his heart like a shard of ice and he released Halima to turn back to her guiltily. "What do you want me to say, Aria? I told him what you were but I didn't tell him what you looked like or your sight issues. Just don't use your name for a while. What is the fake one again? Adrianne? Something weird like that." Ari looked like she was about to explode. Her hands were balled into fists and she was shaking slightly. For a moment he was afraid that all of the anger that she felt toward Velius was going to come out at him. Then he realized that it was going to be both the anger she felt toward the lordling and the overwhelming hatred she felt for him at this current moment. He was well beyond screwed.

"It's Mya, you idiot!! Why not just tell him that we're harboring witches while you're at it? For all we know it's true! I don't care if he brought you back to life, you don't just trust some random stranger! Especially not when we are in unfamiliar territory with strange happenings going on. I can't believe you would do something so stupid! Or actually I can. Gods!! I can't tell who is more of an idiot. Me for trusting you or you for having such a big mouth! Don't talk to me for a while, Jon. I may have to kill you otherwise."Jon winced with every blow and the ice in his chest grew and twisted.He had really screwed up this time. He hadn't meant to, he had only been trying to help. It was stupid but he had been in shock. "I'm...I'm sorry Ari." He said in a hoarse voice when she was through but she turned her back on him. Which was pretty much the closest thing she get to storming off in a crowd this thick. He lowered his head and pulled his lute around to his front so he could hold something he truly and deeply cared about. His lute was the one thing in this world that had never disappointed him.

Hey ladiesxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Ho ladiesxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Come follow with mexxxxxxx

User Image

User Image

"WITCHCRAFT!"

It was the second alarmed cry that emanated from the man with the cylindrical hat that made him seem taller than he was, the first having been but a faint, terrified utter. This time, the people around him hushed. The effect spread like a wave, and by the time the third cry of 'witchcraft!' came about, a great portion of the crowd's heads were turned, eager to see what the commotion was about.

Agamemno, who up to point had been preoccupied with a scratched wedding ring, stopped what he was doing too, but not until after the person he was attending to had turned his head. Politely excusing himself, he stepped down and away from the platform. The crowd parted like a tearing seam as he cut across it to reach the naysayer. "What is the matter?"

The man, a short one sporting a monocle over his right eye and clothes that flashed pomp and circumstance, jabbed a chubby finger in Aria's direction. "These... MISCREANTS are harbouring witches! I heard it all, and by the King's name, I shall bring them down to justice and burn the foul blooded beast's bodies at the stake!"

Overall, the Mage remained calm, but from his face betrayed the tension underneath. His eyes swayed to the group the official from the Western Kingdom was pointing at. His gaze lingered slightly at the sight of Jonathan and Halima before his attention returned to the man before him. "Clearly there must be some misunderstanding." He stepped forward with open palms only to have two swords cut down across the space an inch from his body. There, they hovered, crossed and barring his way to the man. Agamemno looked left and right at the official's large guards. Unlike the idiot with the monocle, these people were obviously not to be trifled with.

The official continued. "Are you getting in my way? It means nothing even if you are the closest thing to a leader of this village." He flashed a badge with the symbol of the King on it. "By decree of the King, I could have your head!" That didn't seem to stir enough concern, so the loud man added, "Maybe even the heads of each woman in the entire village too, if they get in the way of justice and the law!"

xxxxxxx"Mom, no!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Is he serious?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Let them burn!"

Phrases such as these, and variations more intense and vulguar thereof, pervaded the crowd. Now the people were concerned. Short stuff knew how to work the crowd up. Only Agamemno remained unshaken by the threat. "I have a proposal."

The official raised his chin. "Is that so? So you will let me take them in peacefully in exchange for your lives?"

"No, but neither will I defend them with evidence that I do not have." The man smiled grimly. "Or at least, not until I obtain the evidence." And thus he launched into the details of the plan: "You will give me time to gather what I need. You will be presented with the material by two hour's time. Meanwhile, this group of individuals, the members of the Blue Caravan, shall remain at the Green Willow and not be allowed to leave. Your call."

The official considered this for a moment, a hand on his upturned chin and another at the side of his head with a thumb stroking the edge of his gold-rimmed monocle. "You neglect to tell me how you will ensure that each of the members would be secured. We cannot allow any of the witches or anyone associated with them the opportunity to escape." To that man, it was bad enough that they were allowing them so much time to escape while their deliberations were carried out. Little did he know a spell was keeping everyone trapped in the town square for the time being. Velius had already snuck away once, been gone to the edge of the square and back with no success.

"All non-locals shall be locked in the Green Willow. The town square's building for that tavern branch is large enough to accommodate everyone, and if not, I can make it so." The answer was swift and decisive.

All the non-locals. Everyone who didn't already belong with the village. It was a crude but effective strategy. In such a small place, every villager was bound to know a handful more than only their immediate neighbours. But the official did not seem eager to comply. Stubborn, the explosive man was. "We'll do it." Eyes centered on Velius. The noble's arms were crossed and his features a calm poker. "We'll go to your tavern so you two can get your things sorted out." His inflection was flat. "Hurry up." He almost sounded bored. The official's eye twitched dangerously. This red eyed man's attitude was almost completely wrong for the situation. He didn't know who Velius was, but the official was more than fed up. The strange man's compliance was enough for the official to agree with the Mage's proposal.

"Whatever. Two hours. That's it. Take them out of my sight."

And with that, the group of caravan goers in the town square were shuffled to Green Willow, the tavern's managers informed of their responsibilities. Locals that were not staff were told to vacate the building and Jenny the bubbly barmaid quickly went to scrub at the tabletops. Agamemno gave the group a reassuring glance before inclining his head in goodbye and leaving. "Stay here, I'll sort everything out."

The whispers never ceased, not even once they were within the shelter of the tavern. But neither was the tavern a safe refuge for the Blue Caravan. Its people were angry for being lumped with the fabled convoy. Rage for the next best hours of the day that they would be forced to spend indoors. Some had just finished their lunch and were gearing to leave the village within the following hour, many of which now had full stomaches and were at the height of their strength -- strength that could be used against the Blue Caravan given a little more pushing.

Nevertheless, this hell would probably be a bit more bearable than, say, being executed right on the spot if the official had been in the right mood for it. Agamemno had said he would help them, right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff