Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite Character Poll Round 10!

Lucien Balthazar Mchale - Vicious hunter of humans and dragons. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Vasul Calim Shahrad - Crown Prince of Shahrazad and righteous eagle among a flock of vultures. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
Lorelei 'Ellie' Katerini - Knight Errant and Defender of Justice who will kick your butt! 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Inyri Ven - Sharp-minded beauty and budding lady of wares. 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Eriol Epheis - Mysterious man with an eye for the prize. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
This poll closed on November 27, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 169 170 171 > >> »|

Dapper Raider

Oliver Mendel
You can find me here: Lenti, at my cart
Talking with: Marco

User Image
                                          Oliver smiled as Marco accepted his proposal. "Excellent! Although I won't be calling you watchdog anytime soon. Guard, more like it. And you can call me Oliver. Oliver Mendel, traveling merchant, peddler to some (although traveling merchant has a better sound to it, don't you think?). Come, let me show you exactly what you'll be gaurding," Oliver said, turning and heading back to his cart. He noticed that the women had left, probably having grown bored at waiting, which was a shame. He was starting to really get to know them, and they him. If only he had some of that fine fur made into clothing beforehand...he would have to put that on the list of things to do while in town.

"And here is my humble cart, which you've already seen a little bit of," Oliver said, making a wide arc with his arm, "I've set out some things already as you can see. What I would like you to do is move everything as close to the cart as you can, and if anyone inquires as to the price of something, politely explain that you're just a guard watching over the merchants wares and he should be back later within the next couple hours. Unless you know the market price for the item, in which case you can try and make a sale, but if you will allow me to be frank, you don't strike me as someone who could haggle for a good price. In which case, just follow what I first told you to do, and everything should be just fine," he said, hopping into the back of his cart.

"Up here is where I keep the majority of my food. I have some bread, salted meat, cheese, some apples. I have a bit more, what would you prefer Marco?" Oliver said, digging into the bag that held the small loaves of bread. He was going to have something to eat himself, having not eaten since the early morning.

Mr Gypsy

Lunatic

≼≽≼Yggdrasil "Draaz" Søren Freud≽≼≽
(Igg-Druh-S-ill "Droz" Sh-roun Frew-oid)

User Image
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Extrovert CrypticDangerous
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Shady Priest
╚══════════════════════════╝

≼≽≼Far too risky To feed you with bare arms.≽≼≽
≼≽≼Wait your turn, you're greedy I hear you.≽≼≽

═════════════════ ═══════════════

User Image

The feeling of simple euphoria was followed by an ice cold chill down his spine with the grey beasts shriek. His eyes darted for the creature, blurred and obscured from his far off view, but the others saw him, pretty clearly. He did, however see, the blur of grey spring off like a rocket, and became one of the first to follow, but still as the others began to run, lulled at the end of the group. Too bad none of them had gotten the hang of floating just yet....if ghosts could even float. The creature might be a little easier to follow that way. In all of the legends he'd examined the past three days, ghosts could float. Hell, maybe they were, they didn't fall through the earth as they did everything else.

As Caden mentioned, the beast was heading for the forest, and the direction of the warm feeling seemed to spread from their too. As much as he wanted to not believe it, he couldn't help the feeling that this was....in some way a trap. Perhaps that's why the others hated him so, jumping to negative conclusions as such. However, to him it felt more suspicious than if they had felt danger. You don't lure fish with air, do you? He kept his negativity silent, too concentrated in his own head to even answer Caden anyway. However, just like everything else in this ghostly state, the suspicion was drawn all over his face. However, instead of fighting it, he still would have put his vote on finding the source, it's a better lead than standing around in Lenti all day. The only difference, it seemed, between him and the rest of them was the edge he was on. A somewhat aware, yet unawareness of the things around him. Like he was examining every little thing while not.

For the time being, he kept his eyes on the grey beast, not wanting to loose it's retreating shape. The bugger was fast. In an attempt to keep up, he gradually sped forward, eventually joining the group in a very unintentional way.

'Maybe the forest is just callling us back. It's not like it hasn't tried before, when we'd gone too far......but the grey beast?' Finally, he looked around, no...this hadn't been the same way as before. The beast had to be taking them a different way.

═════════════════ ═══════════════

≼≽≼How can I protect myself from you?≽≼≽

≼≽≼Trust is for fools!≽≼≽

Interesting Prophet

~~~~Nesa Comec~~~~User Image

Nesa followed after the creature as it scampered away. It moved pretty fast and it wasn't long until she noticed there destination was not going to be in the village. Nesa looked back at Caden as he spoke, verbalizing the his thoughts and hers. She thought back and it did seem that the . . . feeling, whatever it was, came from the forest. “Do you think it came from wherever are bodies are? Maybe to lure us towards them.” She said voicing her thoughts. Maybe it was even a trap. What if it was the mage that was bringing them in? Were they okay with risking capture to get their bodies back. “It could be a trap, so are we willing to risk that?” Nesa said turning forward again.

Nesa kept her eyes on the creature as it pulled them into the woods. She was willing to risk it. She had nothing to prove that it was a trap and in the state they were in some one would be hard pressed to hurt them. Though if some one could call them lure them in with happy feelings who knew what else they could do. She hoped that she was just being paranoid. That they would find their bodies and be able to get them back with no trouble. Things generally didn't work out that smoothly though.

Thirteenth Soldier

11,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Master Converter 500
User Image
User Image

In Book’s mind everything that was happening at the table was a trap. Aeolos thought his little scheme was to helping Book with Jenny, just because he was a little [or more] taken by her charm, it made it alright for him to make the movements he played under the table fair. But no they were not fair at all, and Book wanted revenge. “Your help is unwanted or needed” He whispered after Aeolos hunched over the table in pain from his kick, smiling at the others pain. But Aeolos went that much farther when he got back at Book by whispering in his ear, knowing his partner hate it so much. The young thief growled as he shut his eyes, covering his face with one hand as he pushed his partner away with the other. ~Why does he always do that? I hate it! It’s too warm~ Book sulked in his mind.

But everything soon cooled down between the two thieves before Jenny left with their and their new friends order, finally taking a seat at the table asking if it was alright. Book shrugging his shoulders and smiled at the man’s question, though more questions followed. “I’m Book, nice to meet you Calder. I guess we could be travellers? Or a better word would be wanderers. We come and go, like the wind, always moving.” Book introduced himself, giving more of an answer then Aeolos who just bluntly told him he had no home, though Book did have one, he thought it would be better to say nothing about it. But since the question was asked, Book now that he thought about it. Aeolos never told Book about his home, he had wandered about it a while ago, but never asked or mentioned it. There was a lot of thing the two never talked about, and even though they seem to act like brothers, they knew nothing about each other, other than the basics. Book huffed and rested his head in his hands, a vivid flash in his mind of two older sisters, two younger sisters, a father and a mother all laughing at the table. The thought brought a small smile to his face. “What about you Calder?”

Hey!! Jenny chimed in; it was perfect timing to since Book was getting hungry. The maid had all of their plates balanced in her right arm, and all of the drink’s held in one hand, each finger clasping the handles of the cups. Water, two Ail and Mead.” She said placing the cup’s in order of who ordered them. Now the plates, two seasoned slices of pork, skin crisped, and diced potatoes, for the two the lovely brothers~ and marinated steak with diced potatoes to the nice gentlemen~ Hope you enjoy! She announced as she placed the plates down one-by-one, but wasn’t finished at the table. I’m off in 20 minutes, so eat, eat, eat~ I don’t want to rush you, but I heard people have already started to gather for the mage’s show.Jenny noted clasping her hands together. Please don’t leave without me.. She smiled and was summoned back to the kitchen by a bell, for the next order.

Book wanted to say he would wait, but she came and went so fast, he didn’t even have time to say thank you for the food. It was like he was mesmerized by the smell that wafted off his plate, and went straight for the food. Book didn’t realize how hungry he was till the food was placed before him. “This.. Is.. Heaven..” Book sobbed as he ate.
                                    ___________________________________________________________

The group was barely into the square when a green haired merchant rushed up to them. From the bags that swung from her shoulders and her mule, it appeared that she had just packed up her shop and was making to leave. "Aren't you just the most adorable kitten!" the woman exclaimed in joyful wonder at the creature wrapped within Medayo's arms. From within the pockets of her sleeves, she withdrew two items. "This one's for you, and this one is for your mistress," she declared as she piled each of the gifts haphazardly on top of Velius, despite her earlier suggested love for cats. "My apologies, dearest. There is no place to put them, and I really must dash." The merchant gave the two, in addition to Kemun and Arin, a sweeping smile before wiggling her fingers in goodbye and disappearing into the crowds.

Once again was reinforced the observation that strange things happened in Albrind. This encounter might even be considered one of the more normal events that could occur in this vast land.

Medayo Alinari acquires...

Phedre Doll
                                                      Obtained from a strange vendor at Lenti's town square.
                                                        This little rag doll bears an uncanny resemblance to Phedre, right down to the bosom. It comes with a half dozen set of pins.

Velius Kirta acquires...

Princess of the Western Kingdom Hand Puppet
                                                      Obtained from a strange vendor at Lenti's town square.
                                                        Fashioned from quality felt and stitched to perfection, this actor is the perfect addition for puppet theatre that requires a not-so damsel-in-distress.

Greedy Dog

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXX❀ R є s υ ι a ❀

Oh god the hate, there was so much over flowing hate, so much she didn't even know where it was all coming from. It was like a well that was overflowing from a huge mother s**t storm of all s**t storms. Maybe she ought to start writing poems, that sounded pretty good in her head. And then the blue footed hair brained boobie began to squawk something fierce. It sounded like some strange strange creature that didn't belong in this shitsack world, as if it had crawled up here from within an abyss. A throw up, rainbow colored, candy flavoured, lullaby sounding, soul blinding, childhood crushing abyss.

Resuia would keep the word 'princess' in mind though. Obviously it struck a cord in whatever scrawny little brain was housed in it's human looking body. No no, she had to remind herself, that thing isn't human at all. No human could have such little reaction to all that was said unless they were a condescending fool. Which was actually a distinct possibility. Oh well, philosophize about the nature of humanity later, she had to focus on the now. Wait what was the blue footed boobie saying? Darn she wasn't paying attention. Wait, that isn't a lose.

She tunes back into whatever the girl was saying. "Velius? You're kidding me right? Your optimism is disillusioned. And you need to wake up." Metaphorically speaking of course, unless she decides oh hey I'mma sleep in the middle of the street again! She shuffled to the far corner and sat herself down, away from Ayn. "Then please, go be quiet in your corner, I don't need your apologies. Oh and next time when you sleep, stay in your bed."

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
You were born to die like this for me
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

Chin smeared red with conspiracy
                  ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

With dust on your lips
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

Tell me, do you exist?
                          ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

User Image

Calder observed the two friends’ childish exchanges with a neutral face. They acted as though they were brothers, but they were so different in appearances that Calder wouldn’t believe that to be possible. Either way, their constant whispering, grappling, and outrageous attitude regarding the girl gave Calder a headache. It was hard to wrestle down his annoyance. He would have to scarf down his meal and get out of there fast if he wanted to keep a decent reputation.

Calder ignored Aeolos’s comment on his “bold” behavior and instead merely inclined his head in a nod of greeting. “Aeolos, Book,” he said gruffly. Wanderers, huh? Didn’t sound like they would know too much of anything specific about this town. Hell, they hadn’t even been aware of the mage’s performance, and Calder had caught wind of that thousands of miles away in the middle of the desert. Yes, it was definitely time to eat and evacuate.

He accepted the meal without a word of thanks and promptly began digging in. The smoky taste of grilled flesh satisfied a deep longing within the pit of his stomach, and his mood became a little brighter. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d tasted something that wasn’t berries, nuts, fruit or fish.

“I’m a traveler myself.” Calder replied to Book through a mouthful of sumptuous beef. “I heard about this mage thing and decided to see what it was all about. I could use a few blessings, you know? I heard he’ll fix up your tools like they’re new, and I figured I’d see for myself.”

He finished his bite and popped a piece of potato into his mouth, chewing noisily.
                                                  “I’m surprised you and your friend here hadn’t heard of it,” he said around the potato, gesturing to Book and Aeolos with his fork. “Then again you two look like just a couple of kids.” Calder allowed himself a generous laugh before taking a gulp of mead. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and continued to tuck into his meal. Calder was in eating mode now, and the simple pleasure of consuming a solid meal had transformed his mood to that of a loose and playful one.
                                                  “You know,” he said, leaning forward conspiratorially toward Book, “If you want to get the girl, ‘s’not that hard. Quit lettin’ your friend here embarrass you and you’ve got it in the bag.”

Calder leaned back and busied himself once again with his meal. He didn’t feel irritated anymore thanks to the warmth of fresh food in his belly, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to handle sticking around these two kids for too much longer without snapping. He ate swiftly, his eye keener on his plate than the reactions of his two dining-mates. He would have to find some other drinking buddies after the performance. These two were just a couple of boys.

After just ten minutes Calder wiped his mouth, tossed his utensils onto his empty plate, and downed the remains of his mead.

User ImageUser Image

"Fell through the sand, you say? That is a rather unconventional means of travel," remarked the Mage, with a tone that was skeptical but never rude. His gentle eyes regarded Halima and his head cocked to the left a little as he seemed to be trying to wrap his head around the idea.

"It is indeed, but we were told that a series of tunnels beneath the sand would have lead them here." And now that the slave girl thought about it, she realized that if their companions had ended up on Lenti they would have found them already. Either they had been completely wrong to search here or their was something keeping them from reaching each other.

"Hearing it put that way I suppose if they were here we would have already found them. I dread to think that they are stuck beneath the earth or are simply incapable of finding us."

The Mage nodded sympathetically before asking, "Is there anything I could do to help? Given adequate information, I could attempt a spell to locate them, or perhaps I or one of the villagers have seen your members around."

"I'd just joined the company of the caravan when it happened, so I have very little knowledge of who they were. But from what I do know there were five, a warrior, two dancers and a priest among them."

"...Five?" The Mage paused in his speech. He turned his head, staring down into another street, his face hidden from both the minstrel and the woman. "I have heard tell of ancient magic in the desert, but I'd never thought the rumours to be true. Five individuals is a fearsome number." As they approached the square, the man added, "After the show, I do encourage you to visit me at my home. It sits just inside the only safe corner of the forest. The villagers can direct you as to its location. I urge you to bring as many of your friends as you can. The forest creatures are dangerous, especially after nightfall. I do not doubt your abilities to protect yourselves, but I would like to do whatever I can to see to as many people's safety as possible."

The minstrel gave the mage a suspicious look but then shook his head as if he were being silly. "My friend Ari would know more about the disappearance than we would. She is the one that led us here to find them." He paused and it appeared that he was trying to decide what he could tell the man. "She's a seer." Apparently he believed that the mage was worth trusting.

The villager nodded once again. "I shall remember to heed to that advice, minstrel...?" The mage broke off, and his kind eyes inquired the other man as well as the woman for their names as the threesome entered the square. The sounds of cheering and applause broke out in the crowds. The Mage held out a hand to slow the presses of people that were waving at him, shouting his name, and asking him to help them with this and that. "Remember to come find me later, and for the sake of your missing, you should bring your seer friend," he relayed to the two with a smile as he departed for the podium.

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Ѵeȴɩus Kɩɾʈɑ
      ɳoble
      User Image
      The cat didn't like the odd stranger dumping her things on him. He didn't like it one bit. It wasn't even clear to him where the emerald haired lady had been conjured up from, for after letting out his menacing meow of a roar, Velius had tucked back into Medayo's arms and closed his eyes. There were hundreds of people milling about in the square, some bumping elbows into each other, so even with his sensitive ears, there had been little possibility for him to prepare for this one merchant woman to approach Medayo out of all people.

With a hiss, he leapt out of Medayo's arms and onto the floor where he took off, weaving between legs and feet. With this many people in the square, no one would be able to catch up with his agility. Whatever would happen with the objects, he didn't care. Medayo was likely to safeguard them and he'd be able to inspect them later. And later, someone was going to pay.

His path opened up to a prodigious tent that sold merchandise of all kinds. Jumping between a stack of fabric and a shelf, both of which sat at the edge of the tent, he transformed back into a human. He had chosen this particular spot as there was a break in the fabric that served as the tent's walls. Lifting the flap, he emerged on the other side with well-practiced grace and stealth. No one, save those specifically out to get him, would have noticed the noble. And, he reasoned, anyone out to get him who were lucky enough to still be alive probably already knew well enough that he could shift into a cat.

He wandered for about a minute before starting to set his sights out for shops he might have liked to peruse. If anyone from the caravan, or Ayn too in fact, were to find him now, he had to set up the image that he had been here for a while and had a long time to settle down. He couldn't look as if he had just scampered halfway across the square and back. Had he been human the whole while, one of his favourite past times would have been to bug some of the merchants.

It had been a difficult choice, but he finally singled out a cart to pay a visit to. As he walked past the items attached to or near the cart, his eyes gazed over the wares with a solemn indifference. The stock wasn't anything particularly special, being mainly coats and foodstuff and other things to live a middle to low class life. Velius certainly had the gold, but he was sticking to this lowland place. Had he decided to browse through one of the more luxurious shops, he might actually buy something. He had no qualms with spending coin; the problem was that he had nobody to carry his purchases.

In spite of the people standing around the cart, whether it was to shop or to loiter, it didn't take an expert to figure out who the men in charge were. One was giving another, perhaps an apprentice, maybe a guard, a brief on food or something. The two of them were inside the wagon. A part of Velius was considering what he might honestly need in the days to come that he might as well buy while he was here, the other just truly and utterly wanted to mess with the two men. He knocked on the cart's door to get the men's attention. "Going to lunch already? Then I might take a gander at another shop instead. I was only about to ask you to point me to the finest of your linens." Velius's demeanour told a story about him. His clothes were the outfit of a middle to high class man that was not necessarily nobility, but certainly someone who must have had an adequate sum of money on hand, while his voice sung about how he was only the next willing customer. Definitely not anyone looking to cause trouble.

Sparkly Scamp

x

User Image

artwork by Rain, from Midnight Inks Illustrationsxxx

Kemun Eldstra

Arms folded, she trailed behind the others with a hint of a frown on her face. As they made their way into the square, she looked upon the sea of people amassing there and her discomfort only deepened. It seemed like all the townsfolk were gathering in anticipation for the upcoming performance, and she gulped audibly at the scene. Crowds, as she’d found out some time ago, made her nervous, especially when she had to dive headlong into them. She’d never encountered much trouble, as she often relied on her horse or her wagon to clear a path for her.

A stranger with hair like fresh pine needles approached and then proceeded to unceremoniously deposit peculiar objects upon the cat. Kemun came to a halt, and it was with unmasked curiosity that she watched the goings-on from a distance. The generous woman didn’t linger, taking her leave soon after imparting her gifts. The cat, however, didn’t appear to appreciate the gesture, leaping from the dark-haired woman’s arms before disappearing from sight. She hoped they’d be able to find him again; Aria had shown an interest in keeping him.

It was when she was standing there, minding her own business, that a passerby wearing hard-soled shoes happened to step on her foot. The humble sandals she wore could offer little protection. She let out a yelp, but her voice was lost in the din of the crowd. Overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle, she was intimidated and unwilling to follow them any further. With her head ducked in embarrassment, she decided to make a hasty retreat and promptly backed out of the throng to avoid another mishap.

With a twinge of guilt, she realized they’d nearly left Aria behind. Feeling foolish, she favored her aching foot as she approached the seer. Kemun placed a hand upon her arm, meaning to catch her attention. “It’s just me. I think the performance is about to start,” she told her, trying to speak over the cheers and applause. “May I hold onto you? If I lose my way in such a crowd, I fear I might never find my way out again.” For a moment she stood on the tips of her toes, attempting to catch a glimpse of what all the fuss was about, but to no avail. She silently cursed her small stature for hindering her so. “The others are up ahead,” she added, “We ought to catch up to them. I imagine Velius is nearby, too. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for him.”

Lunatic

User ImageXXxxxxxxXXxXXXXxxxXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXX
Princess

XXXXXxx
XXXXX
NarcolepticOutspokenTomboy
XXXXXZzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzZzzZZZ
XXXXXXXZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzZZZz
ZZzzzZZZZZZzzzZZzzzZzzZzZZZz

XXXXXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX

Ayn watched and listened to Resuia, feeling a little insulted, to be honest. However, she didn't care to voice her thoughts. She knew herself well, and she knew that if she could control when and where she'd fall asleep, she would. It was hard enough being unable to sleep at night unless induced into it. She also knew that if she could fix their current predicament, she would most definitely do so. But she couldn't help feel that, given the chance, Res would leave her to rot there, if she found an exit. Ayn blinked, unable to apologize or fix everything better, and resigned herself to silence. She honestly didn't know what else to say to Res. She'd promised her that it was all an accident. She'd expressed that she had no control over it. She even apologized. There wasn't much else to say. She'd defended herself all she could, and Resuia obviously didn't care.

Ayn let out a soft sigh, find solace in the little trinket around her neck. Her hands gentle reached up to feel her own neck, rubbing under the cloak in an attempt to find the gold necklace chain. Her locket rested on the chain. It's pretty rose design was burned into her skull by now, as well as it's contents. The piece was one of a kind an made of the finest materials, but all she cared about, really, were it's contents. The one small piece she'd taken with her after leaving the castle (aside from a fair amount of spending funds). The small painting of her family, all together at once. Most importantly, her mother, holding her like a prized possession. She was only a baby, so the memory wasn't even existent in her brain, but still. Her mother and father looked so happy, and her mother's face was bright and sunny just like she always remembered it. The painter had captured that quite well, and on such a small format. No other skilled hand could have made such a masterful piece. It looked like a moment in history captured on a piece of paper, perfectly. Like a photograph. The locket was quite literally priceless, as nothing in the world could ever replace it. The master painter had died, as well as her mother. She had grown older, and her father was grey, so there could be no recreation of any sort.

She felt her heart skip a beat as all she groped was bare neck. She could feel her face clam up as she shot up to her feet in almost one single movement. She ripped off the cloak, pulling it over her head, to check if she was just misplacing it. She searched her bosom and her back, reaching under the nice white silk shirt she adorned. She wore a simple pair of trousers, unlike many girls of the time who were all into the big dresses, or even the smaller frocks that didn't even look as though they might suit Ayn. She was quite literally dressed like a boy, wearing a tie and everything.

She didn't find a single thing around her neck that wasn't a tie or her shirt. She could feel the room spinning around her as she stood there, almost dizzied. Her eyes glassed over as she felt the utter panic rush in.

"M...My..." she muttered, barely breathing.

Where did it go? What if it fell off on the way there? Resuia said they were carried! Oh god, she had no idea where she'd been, or where she was for the matter. She could search an eternity and not find it. It could be anywhere in Lenti. She was asleep, who knows where she went aside from that bloody alley. And then they were carried off in who knows what direction to who knows where and what way. Hell, the apes could have traveled by tree and it could be hanging in a branch somewhere.

Tears scattered down her cheeks, as her face became red from the lack of air. "LOCKET" She puffed out reaching her hand out to brace herself on the wall. She took a couple of deep breaths, reaching for her heart and feeling it pound in her chest.

She charged over to the bars and grabbed them in her hands, rattling ever living ******** out of them. Suddenly, blinded by rage.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW OR SO HELP ME YOU WILL SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIVES ROTTING AND STARVING IN A CASTLE DUNGEON!!"

XXXXXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX

Eloquent Streaker

6,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Willa Odette Wilafax

"I am not fat!"
" Oh that?.......is just....a...watermelon I stole..."

Willa let herself be helped up and backed away from the doctor. She had changed her mind. She felt fine. Really she did. She did not want to see a doctor anymore Her heart was pounding. It was crazy. She could think of no reason that this man should be filling her with this much fear. It didn’t make much sense. She looked at him and inched away from him. Then it hit her. It was the way he looked. It was familiar to her and not in a good way. He looked like Jiles had when she had first met him. She took a deep breath and then another, then suddenly she felt sick. She grew pale and picked up her sack, and turned and walked into the thickening crowd.

She did not really know where she was going. She just walked, taking deep breaths and trying to make herself as small as possible. Her hands shook and her vision dizzied a little. She was going to be sick. She looked around for somewhere she could be alone. There was no where, and she didn’t even remember the way out of the square. Willa tried to get herself in a panic. She was going to throw up and she did not want to do it in front of all these people. Her skin began to take on a greenish tone and her stomach lurched. She backed up into a woman with four or five children. Willa couldn’t be bothered to count. She knocked two of the oldest down. The mother jumped to their defense aggressively with a child in each arm.

“Watch where you are going! “ She said getting red faced and glaring at Willa. “ That much in hurry to see the show that you will push around children, huh?” Willa blinked at the woman.

“Sorry. I...”
she said backing away from the woman waving her hands in front of her. Willa turned and made a quick escape into the crowd. She turned and took off, the cramping in her stomach growing ever worse. She turned and began to walk as fast as she could. She was growing more dizzy by the second. She wasn’t watching where she was going. She couldn’t. She felt rattled and distant. She couldn't focus on anything. It was then that she collided with a man, he had a charming look about him and a lute. She collided with him with such force that once again she found herself on the ground, on her bottom.

Her bottom lip trembled and tears began to leak from the corners of her eyes. Why did it seem that the world was always so willing to do away with her? She hiccuped and took a deep breath as the tears began to fall. Who was this woman? This miserable thing that sat on the ground for the horses to trample. She couldn't remember the last time that she had the time to be herself. She was starting to forget who that was.

She felt crazy. Out of control, but mostly tired. So tired.

"You put that hand on my belly.....you are not getting it back."

Tipsy Poster

User Image

Hey ladiesxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ho ladiesxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Come follow with mexxxxxxxxxx
User Image
                                                Jon still wasn't all that sure what he thought of the mage. Yes, the man had saved them but he had a strange feeling from him. His feelings about people were usually right. He was lucky that way but this time...The man seemed so kind and trustworthy but Jon couldn't help but feel that his mysterious airs were more than just an act. He was hiding something though Jon couldn't tell what. He was too interested in their missing friends...but then that could just be because he was trying to help them. It was frustrating. He wanted to trust the mage, the guy seemed to be pretty amazing, but his gut was telling him not to. Something was wrong but he couldn't convince anyone of that with just a gut feeling. He was pretty sure his gut was wrong about the priest too. Maybe he was losing his touch.

He shrugged after the man had faded into the crowd. "Strange guy. What do you think of him, my goddess? Should we trust him and do as he says or should we...I don't know...do something else." Halima had been quite taken with the man. Hell, Jon would have been too if it hadn't been for his stupid gut. There was a certain suave about him and it was intoxicating. "He saved us and all but something feels off, don't you think?" He would probably be chided for being jealous. It was possible, he supposed. The man had saved them and Halima had been very grateful to him. It didn't feel like jealousy though.

Before Halima could even answer, however, someone bumped into him rather roughly and he staggered backward a few steps. "Gods! Not again!" He groaned before he realized that he could see the culprit very clearly. She was kind of hard to miss with her belly the size of Chubby's backside. "Ah..." The woman looked like she was about to cry. That...that wasn't good. How did he fix this. Pregnant women weren't as easy to soothe as children. In fact, if he played a song for her, she might bite his head off rather than cheer up. Food helped sometimes but other times it made them throw things at him. He usually tried to stay far away from pregnant women but this one was kind of hard to avoid now.

He moved forward again and bent slightly, extending his hand to help the woman up, then paused and looked at Halima. "I'm only being friendly and helping her up, queen of my heart, nothing more." He assured her before he extended his hand the rest of the way. "Hey there, love, don't cry." He said as if he was trying to talk a crazy person into putting down a weapon. "You look like you've had a bad time but I assure you that we mean you no harm. What has happened to upset you so?" Oops, probably he shouldn't have asked that. Too late.

Hey ladiesxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Ho ladiesxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Come follow with mexxxxxxx

User Image
                                    ___________________________________________________________

The grey abomination zipped along, stopping only once to test the air for the scent encoded in the lock of hair that had been offered to it earlier. Some time later, the brick house that sat at the edge of the forest came into view. Not long after that, the silent scampering of the grey roach closed the distance between the ghosts and the building, but right as the creature was ten feet from the house, it jerked to a halt once more. Suddenly, its neck snapped at an awkward angle. An arm twitched and popped its socket before snapping skyward and reconnecting. Through the series of mechanical steps, the creature was broken down and rebuilt in its original, bipedal form.

It took one last moment to taste the air with a forked tongue and, seeming to have decided that it was safe, charged headlong towards the house. Between its skull and an invisible barrier seven feet in, the former had no chance. Its entire length of its body blew to bits as it smashed into the unseeable force that cut at the trespasser like steel knives. Acid erupted from the wounds and rained down upon the house. A green sparkle arched towards the same building and disappeared from view.

By the time calm had finally settled, strewn across the lawn were the various parts of Medayo's pet. There was also a pungent haze that clung to the air, but it wouldn't matter much as the ghosts had no sense of smell anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff