Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Welcome to Battle Royal: Acension
Have you ever wished you could live in a world where feel like there are two of you? One just a regular average joe and another with super human strength with the ability to do the things your average joe can't do?
Well you might have found your place, Acension is a place where your normal human self can go to another plane of exsistance to fight with the abilities you choose.
Your probably asking 'Well how does that work?' Well, only a part of you which is your spirit goes into the Ascension world while you live a normal life among others, and all you have to say "Ascend to Battle Royal"

Some fight to kill, others fight to live.
A few fight for vengeance,
Too many fight for honor
I fight for love; you fight for hate.

By the will to fight I ascend
With no will you descend.
When I return to ordinary lives-
I revert life back to troubles, turmoil, and toiling.

Eagerly await your next battle
I advise, "Do not linger nor prattle".
It is for the final crown you will fight for
Be it love and war

Quote:

"I will meet you on the battlegrounds" A voice challenged as he gathered air in his lungs to complete the call "Ascend to Battle Royal." He could feel himself rising above himself yet his body seemed to move on its own in an autonomous conversation. His body was used to the soul splitting treatment it received so it continued to ascended to the land of "No Strings Attatched" and leaving the other half down home.

How it works

There are two worlds. One being a modern day life like our own and the Ascension world. You don't have to have TWO RPC's but you can choose to do so to make it interesting.

Modern World

This is where you can be a typical average person with no abilities, has a job, goes to school, whatever you want them to do. This is just a typical person who lives within the world. This person can also be a part of the Ascension world by saying 'Ascend to Battle Royal' where they have part of their soul already in the world waiting for a fight or in a fight.
The people who live normal lives often find themselves sharing their experiences, exploring the internet, or going through unspeakable troubles. Love and hate are still a reality in the real world as well as death but Ascension changes everything for the people who have discovered it. It has become a common bond to draw the young, old, and those in between because of something that only they understand so sometimes emotions can carry over from one side to the other. When a person Descends to the world below they return with the memories their Ascension half possesses and it is not often a pleasant experience so grudges, plots, and rivalries ensue as a result of the supernatural phenomenon.

Ascension World

It is a battle royal so don't expect that saying, "Ascend to Battle Royal" will give you your own person pocket dimension but rather you will share the same ethereal space as others at your own risk.
Once you have done so you're free to fight on your own conditions, rules, and fully powered abilities that do not break Meta-gaming, God Mode, or Auto-hitting.

How, why, what, when, where you aside is up to you to control. If you ascend because of a freak cyberspace computer swallowed you or by some magical contract from year X B.C. then it is your choice but in the end you will ascend to battle or to express yourself through the complex interactions you choose to play under. All after all, there are no strings attached except the ones you chose to create.

Once released from the character's point of origin 'your soul' it can be damaged as if it were a normal body.
It often takes a while much like the material world to recover your soul to full strength. Even though it is on a higher plain that gives you a vast supply of power it is not unlimited but fueled by the will to "live".
Once your character loses that will they lose their place in the Ascension and their half soul will Descend back to their character's point of origin with the new memories.
A fight may often continue for pages and pages for as long as the two fighters agree on or decide to end upon or will spontaneously end at the whim.

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Rules

1. GAIA TOS- Still there

2. The setting is surrounded by everyday life so that means work, school, life, kids, family. Each of you is brought together by the ability to Ascend but by no means can you automatically guess who the real character is by their powers or appearances.

3. When you ascend you take on a single personality to which your character's background allows you to become. You can become any race, your appearance can change from your normal one, and you can use any power you've submitted.

4. Don't be a sore loser. Admit your loss and carry it onto the next fight. It creates plot to lose and win.

5. Acknowledge your opponent's attacks to the best of your abilities. In doing so you will avoid all misunderstanding.

MODS
God MadChild
Child Wren S. Ift

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Okey here's the thing. We have two separate uses for rp. We have story mode and then we have battle mode. Story mode drives the plot for battle and battle drives the plot for the story. That means two possible templates for you to fill when you officially get comfortable after walking in.

The longest a player can delay their character template is a month after the first post made.
Story:
Role:
Name:
Race: Asian, Russian, Black, White, Red, Green, Octareen.
Physical appearance: Describe or substitute with image
House Location: [Uptown, Downtown, Midcountry, the boonies, the docks, the market streets, Jobscore Plaza, Magical Street, Alchemist Grove, Forest, Sands, Mountainside] These are sample places in a modern city that your character can live in but you are all in one city.
Parent's names:
Siblings: [You can borrow a Rper for this if you're joining or you can make them up. As extra you can be only child.]
Spouse//Children: [If any]
Friends: Ask a fellow rper to be your friend or make a few up.
School: [Elementary, Middle, High, OR college] (The purpose of this is to allow people to connect better)
Personality: What makes them TICK.
Character History: (Here's a list of sample scenario options for the super detailed: Traumas, fears, near death experiences, happy moments, divorce/marriage, money situations, friendships, love moments, deaths/births, fate signs, things that happened in the past, special gifts, relative problems, injuries, location, desired destinations, dreams, failures)

Ascended:
Name:
Race:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality: [Can be contrary to original or be the same]
5 Likes, 5 Dislikes OR
Example of Angry:
Example of Happy:
Example of Bored:
Example of ETC: You can continue to modify until your 10 things are completed
Story:

(Fill out as much as you can. At least 1 Armor, Weapon, power because you will grow in time)
Main Weapon:
Extra Weapons:

Armor:
Defenses:

Fighting Style: Taijutsu, Karate, swordsman, etc.

Special trait: Something unique and cool to you that you've always wanted or used.
Powers: Describe as things you can do

Special Attacks: Describe as what techniques you can you use your powers for

EXTRA:

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
World:

Actually, it's a city but you can be from anywhere in the world. On many street corners there are Paint Tags that say, "Ascend to Battle Royal". It's a lively city with people trying to make their life better, live freely, or simply endure the world that drew them to Ascension. The transit system is one of the top in the whole world which means costs are cheap and everyone has a means to get around. Life in itself is a mixture or pain and happiness so thus the fate of the World begins to cause pain and happiness. If you live in the city the popular places to go never get boring and if you're new to the city it becomes easy to explore because of the transit system.

Make something up: It's an open setting so unless its a park or a special famous restaurant you can decide your location but since it's open you can bump into characters easily.

Special Locations:

Grand Park: Beautiful mixture of fun in the sun for healthy active people and the tree huggers who like to gaze at nature.

Gypsy's Parlor: A sweet shop that doubles up as a "Maid Cafe" with the servers dressed in various cat ears and tails.

Back Alley: A street behind a major roadway in the city. Good boys don't go there.

Police Office: Technically it's a holding jail.

Many Bars: A whole street corner dedicated to drinking adult beverages.

Open Gym: Sports center for sports activities. It's become so popular that the city funds a "Free Subscription" program for anyone. Events such as martial arts fight tournaments, ball sports, chess competitions, and etc are run here.

Recluse Library: For the quiet reading.

Grander than Grand: A mall of exploring

Rink and Pink: A skating rink where the girls hang out the most.

East Block: East housing district made of apartment complexes.
South Block: South housing district consisting of multiple story buildings and the rich district.
Ascended World:
This world changes terrains often. Go far enough and you might end up in the empty pits of a black hole but as a rule the rotation of the terrain goes by Earth, Water, Wind, and Fire elements and it occurs every two months in real time.

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Character Roles

User ImageThe Brothers: These two have been around each other all their life. They are almost alike in personality if you looked at it from the outside but look a little deeper and you can see the older one is self-reliant, social, and intuitive while the younger is much more unattached, mentally reserved, and courageous. The two are not always of like mind but they get along well enough. Aside from these characters each have their own ambitions in life. The younger wants to go to college to learn a useful trade while the older wants to strike out using his own skill to achieve success. At a young age both brothers have lived within The City, exploring it, and even making friends but both of them have kept the secret of the Ascension between each other as their strongest bond. They are very strong.
Slot: Open

User Image

The Secretary: Life has passed her by on the easy street leaving her racing to catch up. The stress from work has broken her down even though she has the looks, the talent, and the drive to advance through whatever career she wants but lately it's been a grind dealing with the problems that arise in her working life. It's so bad that it doesn't look like her boss will give her the upcoming new raise position and will instead offer it to her rival coworker. Still, there's a bit of depth to this busy body since she is dedicated, disciplined, and sometimes playful so after work she goes to a local park. This is where her greatest secret becomes a way to cope in her daily life when she reads the graffitied words off the wall to ascend. She isn't weak but she isn't strong.
Slot:Open

Honey and Diva: The Screwed-up Friend. She was born being bad from the start. At first she stole from stores and her mom protected her from the cops. Later, when things got worse in life she knew what she was about to was bad. How bad? Well, let's say she decided to break into a warehouse downtown just to have a rockin' time with her rowdy friends who wouldn't blink an eye whenever she flicked out her knife at them. She was burning up like a live fire and excitement by the teen the late teen years came by and jail was a regular visit and her father was the judge every time she got grounded in that jail cell her parents liked to call a room. Groundings didn't stop her from climbing out every night to walk the alleys with her friends but one day things went too far and her wildfire attitude made her burn her friends. She didn't need them. She didn't need weak punks like them if they treated her like. That wasn't what the little girl who saw the dark diva slash her slash a second mouth into a person. Oh-uh, cops came and diva-girl ran for it through the streets and alleys. Eventually, she crashed into a house and the local daughter came down to see what had happened. As sirens passed diva-doll's hiding spot the house girl only said, "Shhh, it's okey I won't tell". Surprised by the beautiful girl out diva star hoarsely replied, "What are you crazy? I just broke into your house." The diva only got a laugh from the daughter and ever since that night the diva and the princess have gotten along well enough. Late at night the crazy girl would light the spirits of madness and fun in the princess' room after sneaking out of her house and skipping town. Even though she had a friend that didn't burn up in her wild fire, her fun, diva still took a few things from the room just to see her friend burn with an angry attitude only to cool her down with her magic lying words. "Relax, I know it was yours and I liked it so I took it. It's not like I sold it to anybody. It's just put away from safe keeping honey." It would have been a good friendship but after three years her old friends showed up and took the princess out of commision in her own room without the parents knowing. As sudden and abrupt as the death was it was her fault that her best friend was dead but not as bad as seeing her friend's blood on the wall as writing. It was a challenge. No, it was an insult but it was also the one thing that saved her friend's soul as they both entered The Ascension. Ever since her friend's death and resurrection the lunatic girl's been on the run from the cops in the real world. On the final night of her friend's life the diva had snuck out as usual and snuck into see, "Welcome to Ascension, Battle Royal." She'd screamed, "What the ********? Is this some kind sick joke?" Downstairs, the parents heard a noise and saw the black souled diva standing at the foot of their daughter's deathbed. Whenever this messed up friend gets tired of being on the run she Ascends but real world problems aren't as easy as splitting yourself in two. Some s**t's just ******** up but diva was more ******** up after that. The doctors always said that she would never recover but neither would they after sending her to a nuthouse. Eventually, the law caught her but don't worry she's a strong girl. Even called too strong but that's what happens when the only way you can see the person that understands you is by having a strong fighting spirit. Diva's only regret was, "If only I had never met Honey that night."

User ImageThe Hottie: Everything has been made for him from the family name to the family features he was born with. With a face that no one can resist and a name that no one will go against he's always had no difficulty traversing through life's problems. That is until he met Her. She was his worst mistake and it ruined his kind heart, his level-headed mind, and his natural charm turning him into a vindictive, scornful, selfish man. Now he has to live with the moment his views in life changed. It's thanks to Her that he has found "Ascension" but having a good life in the City he can't see the value of it. He is weak.

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
"Ascend to Battle Royal"

Ascended: Wren S. Ift
Name: ShadoClone
Race: White
Species: Human
Appearance: CHARACTER
Personality: [Can be contrary to original or be the same]
5 Likes, 5 Dislikes OR
Example of Angry: I lash out at others.
Example of Happy: I feel nicer to people.
Example of Bored: I want to fill the emptiness with action so I try to provoke trouble:
Example of Generous: I will let someone win a fight rather than take credit.
Example of Proud: I don't like to ask for help from others so I try to do things by myself.
Example of Sad: I will often brood on the lonely feeling or the things I've done.
Example of Excited: I love a challenge from a person who can outwit me and that makes me grow in excitement when I can succeed better than that person.
Example of Envious: If someone has something that I want I won't take it from them. I will ask to borrow it so that I can get something like it. If it's a power that I'm jealous of I will invent my own better one. If it's a person that I'm jealous of I will try to earn their respect.
Example of Lazy: I might have the power to do something but it doesn't mean I will exercise that right.
Example of Hate: I will quietly try to destroy what I hate
Story: ShadoClone was a soul that had once entered the Battle Royal to challenge a friend. Due to circumstances below his normal body died in a car accident so after his fight he was unable to return. He's been haunting the Ascended World ever since. Since his body was a child his powers were vaguely created under a child's mentality. Without anyone else to challenge his powers have not grown.

(Fill out as much as you can. At least 1 Armor, Weapon, power because you will grow in time)
Main Weapon: Scythe
Extra Weapons:

Armor: Pads with metal plates on top.
Defenses:

Fighting Style: Pole Arm offensive

Special trait: Jack Trait: Evolution- The ability to surpass the previous self in powers by adapting and creating new raw untrained abilities.
Powers: Shadow Manipulation, Copy Cat

Special Attacks: Flash Strike- A special type of movement between controlling the weapon beneath the opponent's defenses and how a charging attack is carried out which makes it appear as if the attack were almost instantaneous.

EXTRA: This is my OFFICIAL RPC. It will grow stronger over time

Unbeatable Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
(
It's basically open field from the intro. Since this is a new Rp you're free to establish roots anywhere. Personally, my character will be in Ascension World)

ShadoClone sat silently among the flowing patches of trees. It was the element of Earth in the corporeal world. It wasn't much different from any natural forest since from his time and research here the Ascension used real places as it's base. It was peaceful as ShadoClone watched an elk pass below him while he tried to let his muscles relax so as not to disturb the flow. "Oh, how I wish I could at least have a guest." He remarked.

It was so long since the moment his last friend had told him that his original body was dead. ShadoClone couldn't return to earth-side as a result and it left him lonely during the waiting periods for someone to utter the words, "Ascend to Battle Royal", which was the place which he remained enshrined in. It wasn't a horrible fate actually since he was well aware of the events in the city of Ascension if he tuned himself to it. If anything he was somewhat immortal because his will to fight was endless and he had no way to return. Either way, here he learned to rest in the leafs like a shadowy figure that he claimed to me, to walk on water using the will of nature, and to strike underneath a weakness with ease.

It was a paradise of sorts as long as nothing destroyed the cycles.

"Come to me, warriors, to end my boredom. Let your curiosity draw your mind from the ordinary and pull yourself to become extraordinary. Just say the words, "Ascend to Battle Royal", to draw yourself away from the pressures of your world. The pretenses that bring you here, whether by cyberspace, by spiritualism, freak accidents, or a secret mission matter not because in due course you will descend with knowledge you never knew before." I beckoned through the lands, "Here you will be free."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff