Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite Character Poll Round 10!

Lucien Balthazar Mchale - Vicious hunter of humans and dragons. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Vasul Calim Shahrad - Crown Prince of Shahrazad and righteous eagle among a flock of vultures. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
Lorelei 'Ellie' Katerini - Knight Errant and Defender of Justice who will kick your butt! 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Inyri Ven - Sharp-minded beauty and budding lady of wares. 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Eriol Epheis - Mysterious man with an eye for the prize. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
This poll closed on November 27, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.

NlETZSCHE's Waifu

Adorable Magician

User Image

██ The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn

“Of course you let me jump you, look at yourself! “
              Phedre dramatically gestured at Caden, whom she was leading as if he were an elderly man instead of a fellow guard; a small smile on her face betrayed that it was mostly done out of jest, but as her head turned to look ahead, her brows furrowed in concern and her words grew quieter.

“You look as if you’ve been trough quite an ordeal…If you hadn’t let me jump you, you would have been crushed! Defeated!” Phedre gave a short, almost strained laugh and went to make room on the bench so that Caden could sit, pushing away leaves and petals and handing more food over to the man.

“As you can see, I have become a flower maiden. It is a hard life; just moments ago I was attacked by a horde of children! Truly, in all my travels, I have never faced more peril, not even when one of my horses tried to eat me as we got separated from the group in my maiden campaign!”
              She exclaimed theatrically, throwing herself into her previous seat and draped the back of her hand across her brow, feigning faintness. Her other hand pushed a mug of ale into Caden’s hands, blindly poking him in the side with the mug a couple of times before she figured out where his arms were supposed to be.

She listened to him speak, eyes opening slowly to gaze at him like a hawk, almost sternly, as if she wanted to extract as much information out of him from his words and mannerisms. Her gaze wandered over his figure, noting how different he looked even if it hadn’t been that long since they last saw each other. He looked barely rested and a dark air hung about him; a scowl appeared on her face slowly as she watched him before it was torn away with a cough which turned into a bashful smile as he commented on her appearance. Phedre chuckled, saying nothing and making herself more comfortable on the bench; crossed her legs and eased her elbow on the back rest, before answering his questions in order.

“I was with the Caravan, or at least with the girls. We missed each other, as I understood it, by minutes, more or less.”
              She turned towards him, having previously been watching a couple of children playing with the flower crowns and running around like chickens. “I was…” The image of two dead bodies on a hillside flashed before her eyes and Phedre decided that this conversation could wait for a bit, “…delayed. I wish I could have been back sooner, but the rain made the Caravan’s tracks hard to follow. I’m curious as to what happened with you, but let’s get you fed and rested for a bit, before we discuss those things.”
              She smiled at the other guard and puffed out her chest and put her hands on her hips as she proudly showcased her outfit.

“I’m glad you like it! I haven’t had the chance to wear it at all until today. It was given to me as a gift by my mother, back home. And I don’t know what you mean by weapons. To think that a maiden such as myself would do something as crass as carrying hidden weapons-the audacity to even mention it! After all, I have you to protect me now, isn’t that right?”
              Mock insult showed on her face, but as she spoke, Phedre turned her body towards him and traced her hand down to the sash she wore around her waist, pulling at it and revealing the barest glint of the metal hilt of a dagger. Had Caden looked at her face then, a laugh barely restrained by her teeth clamped down on her lower lip and flushed cheeks would be evident.

“Speaking of clothes, what are you wearing?”
              She pinched at his outfit, shaking the fabric at him as if proving a point.
              “You’ll catch your death like this! You need something to fend off the cold and your armor probably needs a polishing.” She clicked her tongue, arms crossed as she imagined all the possible repairs that had to be done. “I don’t even want to think of the state your weapons are in. I found a blacksmith , we could get you refitted there. You’ll also need a coat this one is…” She patted down the cloth on his shoulders. “…less than ideal. But nothing we can’t fix, right?” Her gaze turned more gentle, “Feeling better? Man, what...where… “ She sighed, stroking a hand down her braid, at a loss of word for a moment, the situation dawning on her. It felt nice to talk to Caden again, even if the knot of worry in her gut would not loosen
              “How are you?”

Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall

no more than a breath on the wind██

NlETZSCHE's Waifu

Adorable Magician

User Image

Slow down;It's a science
                          He's been waiting
                          To bring you down

“Background music!” He scoffed, putting a hand daintily to his chest in mock shock and hurt. “My poor, bleeding heart can’t take such critique!” He chuckled softly at the other dancer and leaned towards her, “ Especially-“ just close enough to tap her on the nose, “- since I know that a certain bird boned imp of a woman seemed to enjoy my music back in Sharhazad.”

Ymir leaned back into his spot and took a long gulp of his drink for dramatic effect. Maybe alcohol wasn’t the best refreshment, but you don’t make a toast with water.

“But, what do I know. The Jewel of the Desert makes even the strongest of mind susceptible to the mirage of veils. Guess you wouldn’t mind, in that case if I-”
              He seated himself on a bar stool and adjusted the guitar in his hands, purposely checking it over longer than was necessary, “-played around?” Winking at the woman in a matter which can be best described as ‘s**t-eating’, he plucked the strings of his guitar quietly; working up to catching the tempo of Kai’s fingers drummed.

Ymir was showing off; he listened to the woman, keeping a neutral face and humming at her as if they were just two friends having a coffee and as if they were not being watched by half of the tavern, all the while his fingers danced over the strings in a casual, although obviously complex, manner.

“I would feel bad to rob the festival of you; perhaps we should leave after this?”
              He casually invited himself along. Had Kai not shown up, Ymir would probably have gone to the festival already. Not that he was particularly interested in it, specifically, but rather in something that recently arrived. Leaning in conspiratorially, he whispered at her: “I am on a self appointed quest, so to say. I’ve heard from the locals that a peculiar caravan had arrived just recently, maybe a couple of hours or so ago? Now I wouldn’t be a bard worth my salt, if I hadn’t heard of the Blue Caravan before, and I trust you know of it too.” Playing with one hand, he took his beer with the other and drank, keeping eye contact with Kai and trying to determine her instinctive reaction. After a short dramatic pause, he continued.

“I’ve got a wagon of my own and I’ve been meaning to travel further on, go on a tour of Albrind, I guess? And it is a small dream of mine that I would manage to write a ballad, an epic maybe. Give the other bards something to talk about, hah!”
              He chuckled and began to play in earnest, giving the song the attention it deserved.

“So that’s what I’m doing. Care to check it out? I would love a second opinion, though my mind is already set.”

Snake eyed
                        With a sly smile
                        He can hold you
                        And shake you child

Eloquent Streaker

6,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Whitnee looked at the mixture and poked it with the grinder to test consistency. He took the water from his bag and began to pour it over the now exposed wound. He then poured water into the mixture to make it a sort of paste. He looked to Lucien at his question. Whitnee stared at him long and hard. For a moment he entertained asking the man why his pulse was well....gone. Could it really be possible that he hadn’t noticed? Whitnee’s mind flashed back to the terrible scene at the graveyard. He still couldn't wrap his head around it. Nope Nope Nope. Whitnee cleared his throat and broke his gaze. “Yes.” he said curtly. “ But I don’t wish to discuss it right now. Perhaps later.” he said tersely before picking up the paste and giving it a good stir. He cleared his throat.

“ Now this should sting at first, and then burn, not too painfully, for another 6 or 7 hours, but you get used to it...maybe..” He said eyeing him a bit more. “ Here we go.” He said before starting to spread the paste on the end of the remainder of his leg. He looked to Willa next to him and nodded at the comment about her food. “ Yes. The poor girl is lacking iron, and she looks anemic. The girl needs meat and leafy greens. Some tea wouldn’t hurt either. She’ll pass out if she keeps eating that.” He said casually. “This condition can’t possibly be good for the baby...” He continued to work. He finished the paste and began to rewrap the wound in fresh bandages. “ At my wagon I am sure that I have a crutch. I may even have something of a replacement leg if I dig around. “ Whitnee started to clean up. He thought about how he should probably eat something as well. His eyes drifted in the direction of the festival.

Fulcio's Husbando

Diamond Duck

13,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
                                        Eriol Epheis

Eriol continued to listen to Aria and Marco's banter with minimal interference. A part of him wanted to encourage the boy's dreams of distant lands. His parents weren't wrong; the dangers of the road were plenty, and he was ill-suited for it. Eriol knew his own fortune in having been raised with skills and resources inaccessible to most. Yet for all he could see and learn from books, and from tales told in the taverns of his hometown, nothing could replace to the real thing. He learned far more covered in dust, dirt, and blood, than he had in his own gilded library, under the watchful gaze of his tutors. The rewards of travel were well worth the risks, in his opinion, but few lasted long enough to reap them in. No, for every young mind that dreamed of freedom, and of the exotic perfumes carried on strong winds, there were ten that would be better off in their small, familiar world.

"It is exhilarating. And terrifying. And it is worth all the suffering." Eriol wanted to tell him. Instead he smiled weakly at the boy, beneath notice beside Aria's fire. It wasn't his place to say it.

He saw the distinctive blue of the eponymous Blue Caravan as they rounded the corner, and felt a wave of nostalgia and a spike of anticipation, and a nub of sadness. He hadn't expected he would ever be here again, certainly not under his current circumstances, though he would be lying if he said he wasn't excited at the prospect. As the gaggle of voices from the modest crowd gathered there grew louder, he wondered if there would be any familiar faces, if anyone would know him, or his name. How much had it changed since he had last seen it? Would he return to find himself a stranger in a strange place?

But his own feelings paled in comparison to Aria's. Her voice quivered when she spoke, and Eriol suspected she would be too if she had an ounce less self-control. He mused that, despite her knowing every intimate detail of his life, he knew next to nothing of the seer's. What he did know, was that she had a powerful attachment to the Caravan, and he didn't want to get in the way of whatever emotions were threatening to spill out of her. He knew well the potency of having a place to belong, and not being in it.

“I suppose a welcome back, is in order.” He dipped his head. “With that I shall take my leave. I will be in the vicinity if you have need of me.” Eriol bowed once more, leading Arthur towards a nearby picket.

Wealthy Conversationalist

6,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
❋Do it now.
❖For later may never come.
````````````````````````

Lira had noted his reactions carefully, it seemed that he liked her choice though she would not mention it. It should be expected for him to think she was flawless, just as its expected for her to remain as close to flawlessness as possible. At the moment, this meant putting on the show. She imagined that after a few years Vasul might know her but until they were married she needed to be what was wanted, the perfect princess with the trade routes to match. The pairing wasn’t only beneficial for his country but for her own as well, there was no room to get it wrong.

She let him kiss her hand, though it was something she always found trite, and really a bit unsanitary. As he presented the box, however, her thoughts about how their society and therefore their relationship functioned ceased. This was quite a bit, even for her, surely he hadn’t brought his entire fortune with him. Though things were less costly here, he did like to throw his weight around it seemed. The contents of the box glinted and Lira felt a small smile creep onto her lips. It did go well with her eyes. The dainty pendant hung well on her neck, it felt much lighter than the one they had left at the inn and she was thankful for it. Something told her they should have been more careful about disposing of it but there was no reasoning to justify that.

“Thank you, Vasul.” She touched the necklace, feeling it cold, smooth surface. “It has better meaning than the last, I assure you.” She took the awaiting arm and the sighs from the women who’d helped her almost blew them away from the stall entirely. She laughed to herself, many of her friends back home would envy her as well should they get the chance to see the intended.

With no real purpose now, the festival felt almost overwhelmingly big. Although her nose picked up scents of what was sure to be the region's celebratory foods. “I dont know what they told you about me but after weaving, I think my next love is pastries. I don’t expect a man such as yourself to indulge, but would you like to try and find something interesting with me?”

Dangerous Millionaire

4,425 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Phedre’s first response made Orien feel slightly crestfallen. He had been hoping he could bargin his skills for Sinann’s safe passage, but it seemed that, even though Phedre didn’t seem to have much help, she was unwilling to let him just take up the job. However, what seemed to be her horse suddenly ducked its head down and stared very intensely at Orien. Not sure what else to do, he stared back at the horse, until it’s gaze broke and it tried to chew on his clothing. Suddenly very disconcerted, Orien was quite glad when Phedre intervened and shooed the horse away. He scratched the back of his head, laughing a little nervously as she explained Jafar’s disposition. ”Oh, that’s alright. I used to have a horse too, and she was quite the handful, let me tell you.” he said, smiling at her. Orien nodded eagerly at her proposal, though, when she offered it. ”You can count on me Miss Phedre!” he said. He waited patiently as she disappeared into a wagon, looking back at Sinann and giving her a small, reassuring smile. So far, things were going as planned. He had no idea how long it would be until this caravan departed from this town, but he was quite sure Sinann would be safer with it then if they had set out on their own. It was always safer to travel in groups.

When she returned bearing several weapons and a bag, Orien listened very carefully to what she had to say. "You can trust in me, Miss Phedre. I won’t let you down!” he said eagerly. He had to endure a few moments of her fussing over him, before she finally departed. Everyone else too, seemed to move on to other things too. Orien caught the stare directed towards Sinann from the one man who came out of a caravan, before he went over to Miss Willa and the man with one leg. Miss Kemun departed the Caravan as well, and those who had been brought to them by the other went and busied themselves with other task. Curiously, Orien noted that two more had joined the caravan unseen. He guessed as the new guard he would have to ask them what their business with the caravan was, but his first priority was getting Miss Sinann situated. He turned back to her, and a small smile appeared on his face as he did so.

”Well, I think this will work out just fine. I don’t really know these people too well, but it’s always safer to travel in groups.” he said, crossing his arms across his chest and scratching his chin. ”Though I think too be safe, we should at least try and get you some new clothes at the earliest opportunity.” he reached down to his waist and pulled out his coin purse, opening it and visually counting the money that he had. Twenty gold pieces, thirteen silver pieces, and about thirty copper pieces. The money had only been there in the first place to buy him food if he needed it. He supposed, since he was going to be employed by this caravan now, that food wouldn’t be much of a problem. He nodded, certain that he would have plenty of excess funds to buy Sinann some clothes.Looking back up at Sinann, he closed the mouth of the pouch, and smiled. ”I have enough coin that it shouldn’t be a problem.” he placed the pouch back at his waist, and looked around. ”But all we can do for now is wait around until it’s time for the dinner Miss Phedre mentioned." He turned back toward her, and reached over, touching her arm lightly, a small look of concern crossing his face. “Are you tired?” he asked. He had no idea how long she had been running from those men, and she might very well be in need of some rest. Miss Phedre had offered her wagon in case one of them needed to rest.

________________________________________________________

Company: Sinann
Health: 100%

Gracious Gatekeeper

User Image
        Kai Sauveterre

Her fingers delicately danced against the frosting mug as her eyes looked down at the beverage for a moment. She wondered, as she stared, if she could go with out drinking the beer but she supposed it would be in bad taste if she did. Though, when did she ever care about who or what she offended? As she pondered it over her fingers slid over the glass, as if she were thoroughly examining it, and looking over to the bar tender he saluted her with a mug of his own a kiss blown into the air and she raised her own. 'Come on ya pansy! What harm can it do!' She knew very well what it could do, but her momentary pensiveness was soon dispersed as his voice came cooing into her senses. “Background music!” She rolled her eyes at his theatrics, but a restful smile splayed across her lips.

“My poor, bleeding heart can't take such critique!” She leaned back and looked at him with a mildly bemused expression as her smiled turned into a cheeky one. Her eyes widened as she placed a hand over her chest and mouthing 'Oh you poor dear' to him in her own theatrics. She did not move as her eyes locked with his and letting him lean in she hoped he saw her playful smile only to blink and bat her eyelashes in surprise as he tapped her nose and wriggled it.

”Bird boned imp?” She silently mouthed to herself as she looked at her mug and then back at him wondering if imps did have hallow bones. Her curisoity had gotten the best of her and with out much to stay she stuck her tongue out at him and not wanting to talk much more she went back to drumming against the alcoholic beverage. She let her fingers drum the melody that she had once heard sung across the Raculear, making it louder for him to hear, and her eyes fixated upon the drink as she brieftly remembered him once again. ”So many names I'm being called today, I can only wonder what the next one will be,” she chuckled out and finally took a glup of the drink she had been given. It was best not for her to dwell, as she learned that many years ago.

“But, what do I know. The Jewel of the Desert makes even the strongest of mind susceptible to the mirage of veils. Guess you wouldn’t mind, in that case if I-played around?”

What did he know indeed? Violet eyes quirked up to her long time acquaintance, wondering if he was a friend. Her head leaned to the side as her hair framed her face, draping over one of her shoulders and trailing down the front of her mauve cloak as she looked intently at him. ”Who am I to stop you?” She though it time to have the many eyes staring towards them look elsewhere instead, and what soft humming she had been doing deftly smoothed out into a serene type of song.

Truthfully it had been some time since she performed so it was a welcomed change in her nomadic life, and she welcomed his playing as it soothed her temper and a softer side surfaced. Her body begun to sway as she hummed along with the tempo, her humming being drawn out and in harmony with his playing. Her voice soon grew louder as it softly filled the room, and as much as she wished to lose herself in the music,she knew she couldn't. “I would feel bad to rob the festival of you; perhaps we should leave after this?”Her eyebrows softly quirked at his subtle inclusion, and was reminded of the boy back in the canyon. For a moment she wondered if he inteded to write himself into her story, but she supposed she was thinking too far into it. She narrowed her eyes softly and a smile played across her lips, and bowed in a subtle confirmation. As he leaned in so did she and rested her shoulder against his, her melody slowly fading with the song. At the mention of a certain caravan her interest did peak, her eyes becoming curious for a moment but her features smoothed out like silk and she conversationally said, “I've heard of it in my travels,” and took another drink.

She wasn't one to take part in caravans; they were too large of a crowd. But she had grown tired of this back and forth chase, and wondered if traveling in a group would be better suited for her now. As he mused on she listened and despite her unwanting to think of him she did. She thought about the adventures they had talked about, and wondering made her take another swig of her drink. Leaning off of Ymir she eyed him for a moment. If it really was the Blue Caravan she supposed it would be worth her wild to go and at least check it out. Her eyes deliberated as the sunlight streamed in with more travelers coming in, and looking over to the door she looked back to him and said. “Since you're being so accomodating. . Why not? Perhaps I'll end up in this epic of yours,” she said with a gleeful smile.She continued on with their song and did a bit of a warm up dance.

Though as far as she could tell with her elegant twirls and spins she had their audience's attention. As the song ended she waltzed over to the bard, her eyes lighter than before and leaned onto the counter of the bar. Let me treat you to a meal here first. Sound fair? If I recall correctly there should be vendors from your desert, or perhaps you want something different?” Taking off her cloak and taking his hand she led him outside, away from the people of the tavern and their wandering eyes. She draped her cloak against her other arm and took in the air, her white and gold outfit softly glowing in the sun lit air, though not as much as the pendant draped around her neck. Outside she felt more at ease as she strode with a certain grace, her eyes scanning the crowds as she took in the scents. For a moment she wondered where Wilhelm had ran off too, but he wasn't of her concerns for now and casually asked “I assume your travels here were safe enough. Or did you get lost in the Raculear?” Her grin widened, she couldn't help it with him, as she took the sites in and waited for his response.

☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲
                                ♚𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: Inn, Festival
                                ♘𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲: Ymir
                                ♚𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭: Dancer,Necklace

☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

xxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
    xxx
    xxxxCaden AlinarixxxxGuard

Caden winced at Phedre's words. He didn't think he looked too bad, but then again he had not been paying that much attention when he had last checked himself in the mirror, back at the tavern. He had to agree though that he had seen better days. "I'm working on it," he assured her and raised the bun she had given him earlier as indication before finishing the final bite and grabbing something else from her to eat. He settled into a seat where she had cleared space for him, and happily accepted more food from her. He was feeling better now than he had before. It was likely the good company, the food, and... Well, he glanced about them and noticed that Ronove had left the premise. Perhaps she had went to find Velius. Caden had a growing feeling that was it.

He scrutinized the crowd. Whenever he focused too hard, his sense would blur. There was no way he was locating Velius on his own, in the state he was in. He took another bite of the food that was offered for him, some sort of candy-coated crunchy cracker twist.

Caden continued to listen to Phedre. He chuckled at her dramatic recount of her latest activity, and thinking Phedre could have made for great entertainment at the Parshin di Sathaza had it still been standing. As she transitioned into answering his question as to her whereabouts over the past weeks, his expression turned into one of disappointment. An "Oh" escaped him at her response. So they had missed each by a few seconds! He remembered that he had been in such a rush to interrogate the bandit boy that he had left in a haste, to save the others' eyes from the fury of his wrath.

Phedre moved on to reveal her weapon. He drew a smirk from Caden. He knew it. There was no way someone of her calibre would leave herself defenceless. Phedre was truely a wolf in sheep's clothing... "Protect you?" Caden repeated with a raised brow and a hint of incredulity in his voice. He had to resist the urge to laugh. "From what? An army of lily knights...? ...Anyway, you're right. We should head for your blacksmith and I can grab some pelts to keep warm. I'm glad you know where to go. It's my first time in this town," he admitted.

"And... I can tell you what happened with me. Velius went missing, so I went to look for... answers, of his whereabouts. I intended to return to the caravan straight away too, but something happened while we were out..." His voice went softer significantly. Regardless, he thought it important to share about their capture into the castle, and about the dragon. He was curious to know if Phedre had ever seen exotic creatures of that sort before, huge and scaly, as she was quite the bit exotic, herself. "There is something strange in the area, especially in that castle..." He started. He pondered for a moment about his Highness Vasul too, although he had no business with him and even if he wanted to look for his whereabouts and status, he would have needed to be authorized first, by the very person he was currently looking for (namely, Velius), no less. His thought was interrupted though, because he felt eyes on him. He lifted his eyes, only to find one of the girls of the town watching them... or perhaps, it was him in particular. He gave the girl a small smile. When she realized she had been caught staring, she giggled shyly and ran off. "Anyway, so I've been looking for Velius and my search has led me to here... Did you happen to see him back at the caravan?" He figured Phedre had been with the caravan more recently than him. "I have reason to believe he was at the town square, but it's been several hours." Of course, he couldn't disclose that this reason was in fact his family's closely guarded secret, the sixth-sense.

Caden was about to continue, that was, until a presence exited the crowds and neared them. It was a chunky and bulky bloke, with a clean shaven head and a business-savvy look on his face. He wore a tidy dress shirt and suspenders kept his pants up, which were needed to keep them up against his pot belly, and perhaps also to counterweight his deep pockets of coins. His was trailed by two equally large and muscular folk, likely his body guards to keep him and his gold safe. Their main man looked like a manager of some sort of a tavern in the area. Someone rich, but not quite at the same rung in the social ladder as someone like Velius, yet was looking to get there, and by any means necessary. "Wut you lookin' at, mate?" the bloke shot at Caden, and sneering at him like he was filth of the earth. It was the reason he could outright ignore Caden within the next second. Caden was not dissuaded and his face cracked a bemused grin as he continued watching the fellow. Caden was certain the man would not be so dismissive of Caden had Velius been there too.

The bloke was taller than Phedre even, and perhaps that was why he had the confidence enough to approach her in the first place. "Hey there sweet thing. The night's still young and beautiful, much like yourself. Could I invite ya to a dance?"

(EDIT: added last two paragraphs)

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

15,375 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image

He could see she was trying so very hard to fit an image and he sighed inwardly a bit. Most women of noble birth were like that and he had grown used to it but he had thought perhaps considering the situation they had been in the previous night may have negated that perception she had. That was not the case though and he found himself a bit disappointed at learning this fact. Perhaps in time she would open up more and he did hope it would be sooner rather than later. Despite their marriage having been arranged by their parents he would like to at least get along with and know his bride better.

Vasul did see a change in her expression upon receiving the gift. Good, she liked the pendant he had found to replace the other one. He had to admit her smile was quite charming as well and he found himself hoping that the more he learned the more he would be charmed by her. Having someone who could stand as an equal intellectually was always something he found attractive, though very rare, in women of noble birth. As she took his arm he chose to ignore the women inside the stall and lead her off, the pair looking like any couple should to try and blend in, though his heritage and her beauty would surely counteract what he was trying to do.

He looked down at her again as she spoke of things she enjoyed. It was his first time hearing it in actuality and he listened to every word, wanting to learn more. So weaving was her passion, not an uncommon hobby for women though to enjoy it that much was rare. Her second comment made him chuckle a bit. So his elegant princess enjoyed treats like that then. “Then perhaps we should find something that can satisfy your sweet tooth then,” he said, his tone lighter than before and most definitely amused, “I am certain we can find something for you in this place.”

He rounded a corner, leading her to where the scent of food was stemming from, eventually finding the food vendors of the festival. Vasul himself found himself staring a bit at just how many strange and new food he could see just near the beginning of it. He looked down at her again as he paused in their walk. “If you see something that you would like let me know, we will get some.”

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

15,375 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Sinaan

User Image

Everything happened rather fast once they got to the caravan and the girl found herself suddenly wishing she would not be noticed. But seeing as Orien seemed to know them somehow that would simply not be possible. The blonde woman was definitely not dressed like any she had ever seen before and Sinann could only stare at her, remaining silent as the two spoke before she had to rush off to take care of something. How strange for a woman to be that busy with things, was she the only guard for a caravan this size? It did not take long for Orien to go to speak with her again and Sinann felt the sudden lack of a warm hand holding hers unsettling and she tried to shake the sensation away without being obvious about it.

She shuddered a bit as she got a sudden sense of being watched and began to look around some, gaze eventually meeting that of a blonde boy across the clearing. Why was he staring at her like that? Did he know who or what she was? If so did he intend to tell her would be master where to find her? She unconsciously took a step slightly behind Orien, thankful when something interrupted the boy before he could come over to them. Perhaps he did not know, for certainly if he had he would have gone to claim the reward immediately for her recapture.

She remained rooted in place as her new companion went again to talk to the woman called Phedre, offering his services to guard the caravan in exchange for being able to travel with them with her. Why would he go so far to help her? It was puzzling. Certainly she had heard of those who helped runaway slaves but she did not think they went this far. She blinked out of her thoughts as he returned and couldn't help but have a relieved smile in return at his words. “Thank you, Orien, for doing so much for me...” She broke off at his next offer though. Buy her clothing? She stammered a bit at such generosity from someone who had only just met her. “You have no reason to spend your hard earned money on someone like me...” she said, trailing off as he continued with more talk of it, his mind clearly made up.

Was he really so kind that he did not even mind spending money on strangers who had no way of repaying him? It made her hesitate a bit until she heard his final question, looking up at him again as he touched her gently. No... this man was definitely not anyone to be suspicious of with the honesty and kindness showing so clearly in his eyes and his smile. She found herself smiling back again just a bit. “I'm not too tired, though I will admit I have not eaten anything since yesterday...” she commented quietly, a bit of color coming to her cheeks as she admitted it, embarrassed that she hadn't thought to bring more food with her after she began to run. Thankfully if they were able to stay in this place she would no longer go hungry. And she had Orien to thank for all of it.

NlETZSCHE's Waifu

Adorable Magician

User Image

Slow down;It's a science
                          He's been waiting
                          To bring you down

Their little performance proved to be a worthy warm up exercise to Ymir, whose joints had been complaining from too much travel just recently. He never rode as fast as he did whilst travelling from Sharhazad to Cantarta. He feared that if he had stopped for too long, the nature would have enchanted him and he would have missed this golden opportunity entirely. Ymir said it already, but it was fortunate to meet Kai again. The girl was shorter last time he saw her, and now she had apparently sprung in height to match Ymir’s-the gall of her.

Once they were finished, Ymir took a healthy gulp of beer while listening to Kai’s proposal, hiding a small smile in the mug. The girl was always up about fairness, ever since he knew her. He supposed he was glad that she retained her principles, even though they would sound silly to some.
              ‘Swan bless her heart.’
              He thought with a chuckle before asking “Oh, you're paying? I must have played better than expected!”, and letting her take the lead.

The weather outside was surprisingly chilly, and Ymir followed Kai around, his free arm pressing the guitar to himself in a sort of half-embrace. Kai seemed to have thought ahead and was covered in a cloak that seemed warm enough for her to be able to walk in her dancer outfit. He let go of her hand, only to gently pat her shoulder as he stood before her.

“Will you please excuse me for a second? I should probably get something to cover the girls, if you know what I’m saying.”
              He winked, gesturing at his chest which was bare except for a couple of necklaces which had glowed like fire embers in the dimmed light of the tavern and were now catching the light of day like gold dust. Ymir left his guitar with her as he leisurely rushed to his wagon, parked right behind the tavern they exited. Although he had a bed to sleep in there, he had taken a room at the inn as a sort of small luxury-a stationery room before he would be forced to spend all his time in the wagon, whether he wished to or not. As he walked, he rubbed one of the necklaces, feeling it get warmer in his hand, smiling at that.

As per his promise, he was back soon with a shawl draped over his upper body and carrying a sort of pouch-bag. He placed a hand on Kai’s shoulder and took the guitar from her, gently leading her to where he saw the food area was. There was no rush, they could enjoy today yet.
              “My travel was boringly safe, thanks for asking. Although, I was assaulted by a couple of adoring fans who had the fancy of taking a magical journey with me!” He snickered. “But I think I managed to escape them elegantly enough. I trust you didn’t get into too much trouble…again.” He teased, smirking at her before ruffling her hair gently.

“Speaking of trouble, I find the queues here too long.”
              He commented as they got closer to the food area. The smells were delicious, but he wasn’t very hungry yet. Although, his interest was piqued when he saw a stand selling fruit-from fresh to candied and covered in sweets. “I’m dying for some grapes.” As Ymir said this, he quickly poked two people who were waiting in line, acting innocent when they turned around and started a light argument, using the distraction to cut in line, pulling Kai with him.
              “Would you like a fruit?”

Snake eyed
                        With a sly smile
                        He can hold you
                        And shake you child

NlETZSCHE's Waifu

Adorable Magician

User Image

██ The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn

“Ah, so you are more the stranger than I, finally!”
              Phedre joked, although it she couldn’t have known the city much better than Caden himself. She listened to him retell briefly what had happened on his end, taking note of the pause he made and how he let his sentence trail off softly. Her eyes widened slightly in interest, wondering what it was that they could have possibly encountered. His words carried news of danger, but Phedre still felt her heart lighten in curiosity and her need for adventure. As he mentioned it, she turned her gaze towards the general direction of the castle. It seemed ominous now, though Phedre had never had any strong opinions on castles. A bit of a siege, and that’s that, was what she usually thought when she was with her regiment.

“Strange…?”
              She repeated after him as he stopped, and her fingers reflexively twitched to her dagger. Was it safe to stay here, then? Should they have moved the caravan out of the city, then? Before she could ask that, she noticed that his attention was turned to one of the young women of the city. The girl was making eyes at him, Phedre could tell at once.
              Young girls like her were usually too shy to approach someone they saw and fancied. As if on cue, the girl giggled away upon being noticed. It was kind of cute in its’ innocence. Phedre wagged her eyebrows at Caden conspiratorially and giggled, pressing a hand to her mouth, keeping quiet to hear the rest of the tale. Now that the moment was over, the talk turned serious again.
              “I haven’t seen Velius, sorry. But I don’t doubt that he’s doing just fine, especially if he’s surrounded by people.” It was sorry comfort she gave him, but she hoped it would ease his mind a bit, along with the following news. “A woman came by once we set up camp, however. She had Draaz and Whitnee with her and said she found them on the way, said her name was Nasrin.” Phedre paused, wetting her lips as she tried to remember the conversation exactly.
              “She asked about a boy, Tobias? I told her she might as well wait for you, since I just recently came back and she just gave up on him; said she trusted he could fend for himself. Asked her about Velius, too, but she didn’t react much to that, except wishing us luck finding him, which could mean anything. Everything was suspicious, but not much I could have done there, at that moment.”
              She sighed, looking elsewhere. “I mean, I guess that also implies he’s here somewhere-hm?” Phedre hummed in question as something made Caden grin. Turning around she saw a man taller than her, which made her frown. She looked at the fellow expectantly, though what he said next made her sputter.

“No! Thank you.” Turning back around to Caden, she shook her head in amused disbelief.
              “Right, love; so how about you thanking me proper with a dance or two, yeah? Don’t gotta be a dance either yanno, ey lads?” He winked at one of his bodyguards. “So, burdie, whatcha say?”
              Phedre looked at the man, assessing him as if he were an enemy commander. This was hard tactics, life or death. It was always like this; a nice festival, lots of pretty girls having their first drinks and a man with deep pockets who really wants to live his night to the fullest, not willing to take a simple no for an answer. She licked her lips and looked at Caden, narrowed her eyes for just a second as a form of signal, and scooted over to him.

“Yeah, sorry lad, I'm taken!” She patted Caden on the chest, grinning widely, “ What can I say, like them shorter!” The man frowned, disheartened, but not completely defeated. He was a worthy adversary, indeed.

“You whot, mate? Well I’ve thought that you gotta wear a pin or something on ye, if you’re with someone? Ain’t that right, lads, like a mutual exchange of gifts?” He grinned “And lisen 'ere, I’ve got some pretty ones that would suit-“

He hadn’t finished speaking before Phedre had already seized the broche she got while she was coming over and enthusiastically pinned it on Caden, maybe a little too forcefully, and patting him again. “Yeah, this does it? Come now, you gotta stick something on me and then we can dance together,yes?” ?” She laughed; a bit too strained to be completely genuine, and grabbed him by the hands and away from the now confused man-further into the crowd where she let her hands fall on his shoulders and laughed for real
              "By the vulture and every bird there is, what was that? Haha!"

Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall

no more than a breath on the wind██

Timid Gawker

User Image

.🌷“I speak for the trees! Let 'em grow, let 'em grow! But nobody listens too much, don't you know?”🌷

xxxxxxEarlier that morning
                                                              Thalia rose to the sounds of strange, slinky, and furry creatures. She had fallen asleep just in sight of a large people-place: Cantarta. I hope the people in this people-place are nice, she thought. Rolling over, the girl went from the softness of a bed of hyacinths onto the half frozen, half muddy ground. At that, the chirping creatures stopped chirping, and turned toward her.

“No fun!” she shouted to no one.

The stoats continued to stare at her as she stood up and attempted to clean herself. It didn’t help. The light dress she was wearing ended up only smudged further. She frowned at this. People did not like mud and grass and other things. They preferred to be clean and sparkle. Thalia worried that the people would be mad at her. But only for a moment.

One of the creatures had approached her, its head cocked to one side. A grin broke across her face, and she gave chase.

After much dawdling at the edge of the wood, Thalia managed to remember why she was out here. Or, she thought she did. The girl was not quite sure what it was she was doing out here. Oh, right! She was searching for Master! He must be worried sick! thought the small child. This reinvigorated her, and brought her attention back to the big people place. Hopefully there would be someone there who could help her find her master. She was worried about them very much.

Having frolicked enough, the girl started to march toward Cantarta. She had a good feeling about this place. It smelled nice. All the best things smelled nice!

* * *xxxxxx* * *xxxxxx* * *

As expected, the people here kept staring at her. She was briefly worried, that they might start yelling and screaming at her. It happened so often, she wouldn’t have been altogether surprised. However, the people of this town didn’t seem to care. Having forgotten her muddied state, the girl didn’t realise they were staring because of her filthy state. But, without incident, the child wandered around the town. There were a whole lot of people. Many, many people. And it was loud. But not the bad, scary loud. Instead this people place was filled with laughter and joy. And it smelled very good!

Dithering between stall after stall, the small girl enjoyed taking in the sights of the festival, even if she had not a clue as to what was going on. But the excitement of the people managed to make her excited. So she bumbled around town. Enjoying the different events going on. She even managed to get a crown of flowers from some lady, before said woman hurriedly ran off. Thalia continued her adventures until she found herself in a quieter place. Then a man came rushing by. He looked scared and frightened. And he smelled weird. But he was gone quick enough, and the bustle of the crowd continued to move her along.

As it would happen, though, she approached some of the food stalls only to be yelled at. “Oi! You can’t be standing around like that. Get away from here with that filth!”

It was scary, at first. The stall’s owner waved her away, and she didn’t understand why. The memory of being chased away from a people place came back. But, it didn’t seem as though she was going to be chased away. Instead, she used her meagre brain power to understand why she was being yelled at. After much time, she realised that she was full of mud and twigs. She remembered that people did not like messes. Nodding, she realised that all she had to do was remove the mess! Proud of herself, the stupid girl lifted the dress up over her head and came back to the nice smelling stall.

Naturally, an uproar ensued.

🌷“She loves me? She loves me not.”🌷xx

Sparkly Scamp

x

User Image xxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxKemun Eldstra

She drifted slowly through the town’s market and Hruka shuffled silently behind her. Oftentimes passerby would give the great gelding a wide berth, eyeing him warily, and so his small-statured caretaker went unburdened by the swelling crowds. Kemun wandered by stalls with mounds of spices of varying shades on display, and she gave vague acknowledgement. Her gaze passed over the displays, but she did not truly see them.

There she stood, knowing she had discovered a corner of the market where she could find the provisions she sorely needed, but she hesitated to act. She had work that needed to be done, but she did not move with purpose. Kemun hovered wordlessly near the stall, listlessly turning her horse’s reins in her fingers. Then the spice peddler addressed her, politely inquiring about her interest in his wares. She flinched at the sound of his voice, and she carefully pried herself from her thoughts.

Then she ventured forward, eyes downcast as she considered what the fellow had to offer. After a moment’s deliberation she did decide to make a purchase, indicating her choices with a quiet voice and a thin pale hand. The spices were enclosed in paper secured with twine, and she tucked away these small bundles in Hruka’s saddlebag for safekeeping. She pressed on.

Her pace was unhurried as she approached a basket overflowing with produce, tended to by a gray-haired woman with a kind face. She merely nodded in acknowledgement as Kemun stepped closer, but her attention was focused elsewhere. The produce peddler’s eyes were drawn to something in the distance, but Kemun paid this little mind. She was dropping coins into the woman’s hand in exchange for several apples when she became conscious of a commotion nearby. Over the murmur of the crowds she heard a man’s voice, raised and scornful.

Kemun turned her eyes in the direction of the noise while she secured Hruka’s saddlebag. She noted the looks of alarm worn plainly on the faces of many passerby. The source of this disturbance, the merchant found, was a girl standing beside a nearby stall. She wore a crown of flowers on her head – coincidentally, this was also the only thing she wore. It was a strange sight; the weather did not seem appropriate for the shedding of clothing, and from what she knew foreigners were much more vulnerable to the cold than her kin.

She glanced at the passerby, raking her teeth over her lip. Kemun appeared to be turning something over in her mind. Then she came forward, leading her horse by the reins. “Beg pardon,” she said, addressing the stranger. She peered down at her curiously, her features cast into shadow by the cowl of her cloak. “What happened to your clothing?” The girl’s hair was a very vibrant shade of green. This did not go unnoticed by Hruka, either. He blinked, and then he leaned forward. Kemun quickly saw what he had in mind. She fluttered her hands at the horse, nudging away his snout before he could sample the girl’s hair.

Timid Gawker

User Image

.🌷“I speak for the trees! Let 'em grow, let 'em grow! But nobody listens too much, don't you know?”🌷

Despite her attempt to rid herself of the mud and dirt the people disliked so much, it seemed that her efforts only made things worse. She heard even more yelling, and the other people around started to mutter and stare at her. Her expression saddened. There was a twinge of fear on her face; an expression it didn’t often bear. Did I do something bad? she wondered. The man shooed her away from his stall, but the other people also gave her a wide berth. A bit of wetness manifested it on her face.

Just then, a figure stood itself close to her. She froze up just a moment when the person spoke. Looking up, Thalia wasn’t sure what to expect. A face cloaked in shadow, a bunch of angry people in a people place. She had a sinking feeling.

“What happened to your clothing?” asked the person standing by her.

Cloe...thing? She focused for a moment, while Kemun kept her steed from nibbling at the girl. Thalia didn’t understand people-speak very well. They made funny sounds. The dryad had learnt some of the sounds, but didn’t quite speak it right. It must have been an interesting face she made, seeming to look more ill than thoughtful. Finally, her countenance cracked into one of elation. Cloe-thing were what the people wore! It was a foreign concept to her, as she did not see the need for it. However, she had learnt that wearing it was vital to staying in a people-place without problems. Unfortunately for her, she had forgotten that moments prior.

Shuffling around, it became clear to her that her cloe-thing was gone. She waved her hands in dismay, turning towards Kemun with a worried expression. How was she going to explain this to this faceless person? Her people-speak was not very good. Inspiration struck!

Cloe-thing good!” she stated, pointing toward Kemun.

So far, she did not appear to be making sense to anyone, but she was unaware and carried on her game of charades. Bending over, she pushed her tiny hands into the ground. Bringing them back up, the pair were caked with a layer of mud. She shoved them onto Kemun’s stomach region, smearing her overcoat with not a care in the world.

Cloe-thing bad! People no like bad!” she stated, with a worry to it. “Me be clean. Cloe-thing away. . .

As she stated the last part, she made a point to grab and lift up Kemun's cloak, only soiling it further. She peered up to Kemun with a somewhat proud expression. She was happy with herself. Now Kemun would know that she had clothes, but they got dirty so she threw them away so that she’d be clean! Or so she assumed. It was just as likely that the woman would think the girl was an imbecile child. As it was, the majority of the onlookers thought so. And the distance they kept made it plain that the townsfolk did not seem to want to help a strange girl acting out in public; as if the idiocy were contagious.

🌷“She loves me? She loves me not.”🌷xx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces