Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
SAM JACK DUNN - The Colonel
Personal stuff
Username: The Tasmanian
Name: Sam Dunn & ‘Buzzard 1’ Vulture-Class.
Height: 182cm
Build: Athletic, 58kg.
Nationality: Mercantian>
Biography:
A rising star in the Mercantian Marines, Sam Dunn is in fact the latest in a long dynasty of soldiers, dating all the way back to the security force that protected the colony ship generations ago. He studied in the prestigious Outreach Military Academy, and found a desire for knowledge and a hunger for success that drove him to study hard and fight harder, earning the ire and grudging respect of his fellow students and even instructors for his unconventional and successful tactics in combat simulatiors – though his performance in fighters and tanks was lackluster, he was a natural with mechs.

When he eventually was old enough to enlist in the Marines, he brought with him basic designs for a whole new breed of ‘mech – an adaptable, powerful series that emphasized co-operation and long-range warfare, as opposed to the current preference for speed and operational independence. Given command of a group of five mechs, his designs were ignored by command as his unit was thrown into the ever-growing meat grinder between the Mercantians and the Worms.

Dunn found the enemy to be cunning and adaptable, far deadlier than military high command gave them credit for, and found that he was having to compete against them to keep up, each side forming more and more advanced tactics to try and get rid of the other. Sam found it hard to exact his tactics, as the current mechs had poor communications equipment, and as a result he was barely able to hold his own.

Injured in a battle that cost him one of his eyes and scarred his face badly, he drew up further plans for a new type of mech warfare on a hospital bed – and, discharging himself, he managed to bluff his way into High Command’s own bunker, to place his plans directly before the Star General himself. Impressed by the audacity of the young Captain, General Kerensky gave him the benefit of the doubt, and allowed him to recruit four other pilots and have five of his mecha designs constructed.

The bugs in the prototypes were quickly worked, out, and two Falcons, two Vultures and an Eagle were born, the first of the new ‘Aquila’ range. Their effectiveness was determined in a war exersize when the Falcons painted targets for the other mechs the moment the fighting started, moving too quickly for the opposing mechs to target. Aquila Squad wiped out all ten of their ‘enemy’ mechs before visual contact was made with anything but a Falcon.

Promoted to Major and given the go-ahead to increase his forces to a full company, ‘Aquila Company’ is at the cutting-edge of military warfare. Years later, Colonel Sam Dunn commands the deadliest fighting force in Mercantia, and is known as the foremost expert on both Worm Psychology, and Mech Warfare. His doctrine of ‘Total Warfare’ is taught in all basic training courses, and is slowly replacing the older doctrines.

Personalirty:
Sam Dunn cuts an impressive figure – an inspiring individual who honestly cares for the people under his command, and has time for all of his troops. He is willing to listen to the worries of even the greenest recruit, something that makes him very popular with his troops. He knows how to turn a phrase to put a fire in the hearts of his men (and women), and is always looking to keep morale up.

However, his charming exterior belies a cunning, devious and ruthless mind who will do anything in order to achieve his goals – which are, of course, to ensure the safety of his people. He is known for his adaptability and his cold calculating tactics, calmly ordering the death of hundreds if it means even one of his troop’s lives are saved. He can be brutal at times, but never loses his temper, preferring a cold fury to hot rage.

He has a disdain for the ‘barbarians’ in his neighboring nation, and considers the Mercantians to be superior by default.

Professional Records...
Weapons: He uses a 6-shot heavy-calibre revolver for personal defence.
Armors: He wears armour on his torso and shins – he’s a pilot, not a front-line soldier! However, he DOES have a chest-plate made entirely of medals, which he wears for ceremonial purposes, and as a joke.
Misc. Items: He always carries advanced comm gear to keep him in touch with his comrades.
Stealth Capabilities: Ahahah, No.
Picture or description:

Personal stuff
Username: mercantes
Name: Grantes Le Gaia
Height: 5 ft 4 inches
Build: Average mass but pure muscle
Nationality: Mercantian
Biography: Grantes comes from a line of career soldiers. Like his ancestors, they did well to serve their nation and start cranking out the lead. Like every Mercantian, he took a compulsory test to see if he were qualified to become a candidate as an SF or Special Forces soldier should he ever want to be one in the future.

At the age of nine, he had already decided to become a soldier and took on the traning as a SABRE candidate. Orphaned since eight years old, Grantes grew up in the military and had developed a knack for getting himself in trouble at the wrong time but was always lucky.

After two years serving under the MAF's Surgical Strike Force, a young 21 year old Grantes was recommended for the best of the best. He served under Colonel Dunn until his present years and has developed a rather laid back and casual personality as opposed to his former robotic and stoic personality as a teenager. This resulted in a rather weird mix of militaristic formality and teenage jargon. Still, he does his job well and does everything he can in order to accomplish any mission. When Colonel Dunn was injured, Grantes was the man who spearheaded a team of Marines and a squad of Spec Force soldiers to recover the casualties and the Colonel himself. He now serves under Colonel Dunn with amazing and fierce loyalty... With an additional dose of wisecracks and twisted jokes.

Personality: Grantes has a very torn personality. At first glance, he's usually a silent man that obeys his superior's orders. However, after two or three missions answering to the same officer, he warms up and starts cranking out jokes and wisecracks. In the middle of a fight, Grantes is one that his comrades can count on. Mercantian or Maratean. He's widely regarded as The SABRE who fights beside you rather than in front of you.The Marateans regard him as The Jolly SABRE since he's got more humor around Marateans than most Mercantians. This makes him distinguished as a soldier as SABREs are considered Hardcore or Special Forces. In general, SABREs are deployed alone and tend to be a tightly knit group of three to four and holds little concern for men at the frontlines. Grantes on the other hand does well to look after everyone he fights with. As a friend, he's very loyal and fiercely protective... Especially with his lady friends. Despite his rather psychotic and horribly twisted sense of humor and partial signs of insanity, people find him funny and a goofball. In the battlefield, he's a raging machine that kills everything in its path and blows up anything bigger than five times his size... With a smile.

Professional Records...
Division: SABRE
Weapons: ME SA-AR 1 Assault Rifle, ME SA-CP 1 Combat Pistol, a modified ME T-WARS (EMP Grenades, Napalm Burst and Armor Piercing)
Armors: Class 1
Misc. Items: A Chain Sword modeled after a Falcata.
Skills: Hand to Hand Combat Master, Assault Rifle Master, Marksmanship, exceptional gunnery and reflexes, demolitions
Picture or description: Grantes has fierce green eyes and a body adorned with scars and the tattoos of the names of fallen SABREs that he fought with on his back.Black hair trimmed to a clean Crew Cut and a manly face help give off the impression that he's a force to be reckoned with. This puts most people at a complete state of silence and intimidation in his presence... Until he starts talking and cranking out the wisecracks.

Whaddaya think, guys? I thought the Colonel could use a trusted/favorite soldier that provides the fun and games. blaugh
I'll be making a list of standard issue weapons for the Mercantians when I get to it. Just to give everyone an idea for the coding of the models. smile
Updated the Weapons section in the Encyclopedia. Colonel, I'm putting you and Lastra in charge of the cool Mech arsenal since you guys rock at finding cool pictures. 3nodding
Everything's looking good! We're making good progress.
Great work, comrade. I'll handle the armor for the infantry. All should be well in time. 3nodding
mercantes
Updated the Weapons section in the Encyclopedia. Colonel, I'm putting you and Lastra in charge of the cool Mech arsenal since you guys rock at finding cool pictures. 3nodding

Nooooooo. scream
Why? What happened?
http://mecha-master.deviantart.com/art/Freelance-Mecha-Design-01-112326495?q=boost%3Apopular%20mecha&qo=147

older style mech before the newer models that the tasmanian posted a page or two back.
Which means?
Okay, we can throw in Lastra's found design as a variant to one of Dunn's Mech lines. We're gonna need some cool vehicles now. I see a lot of promise with The Kid and The Colonel. 3nodding
I was thinking that the mech would have been the predecessor do one of Dunn's Mech Lines.
Well, what do you think, Colonel?
Oh, I think we should take Lastra's suggestion for the support vehicles from page 26. Opinions anyone? 3nodding
i vote yes on Mercantes suggestion

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces